[Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

General discussion for 'Flash forward'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

Postby The_Smoke_Monster on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Hmm...it seems the writers are such a big fan of LOST, they gave us another Kate!

Next season watch, Olivia will be

Mark or Lloyd? Mark or Lloyd? Mark or Lloyd?

Great...

But wait, I don't think Janice is pregnant with Demetri's kid. I don't think they actually went through with it, beacuse last episode Demetri said he was being serious, and then she was like "no, I'm already pregnant".
"We have to go black Kate! We have to go black!"
(Jack discussing with Kate car colours)
The_Smoke_Monster
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby SmokeyD on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:35 am

The_Smoke_Monster wrote:But wait, I don't think Janice is pregnant with Demetri's kid. I don't think they actually went through with it, beacuse last episode Demetri said he was being serious, and then she was like "no, I'm already pregnant".

Your probably right on this. In the ever so now familiar 'twist', TPTB will show us a 'flashback' to Somalia... That will pick up just as Demetri was 'volunteering his services'... He will then pass out drunk. And then Janice will go out into the other room and find Simon... and make a bun in the oven...

Not clever, not that original, and once again... pretty cheap writing IMHO...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby thetexashammer on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:02 pm

You're right, it really isn't very good writing. I'm sure we all see that coming from a mile away. But it's still better than Demetri being the father. That whole conversation between those two when he was "offering his services" was idiotic. First of all, wasn't all that Demetri thinking about was staying alive? Then he tells her, "hey, I'm gonna be dead in a few anyways, so why not enjoy the time I have?" That was about as bad as you can get.
thetexashammer
Viewer

Postby SmokeyD on Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:26 pm

It's a great example where a good writing/creative team could do wonders with something like this.

But I think we all know how it will play out... :thumbsdown:
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Thu May 27, 2010 10:06 pm

Wow. I was just watching this episode on Hulu because I was thinking about trying to catch up for the finale.

It seemed okay. The whole hearing scene was just stupid. Demitri's wife is incredibly annoying. I understand she wants to save Demitri, but come on. I can just see her screaming "DEMITRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!" and "They took my boyfriend!"

Then came Mark and Fraust's confrontation (I wasn't paying very close attention, but didn't it take Mark something like 30 minutes to run a mile? Some friend. Must have stopped for a few breaks along the way). Fraust is about to handcuff him, but when Mark asks if he can take a sip of water first, Fraust lets him. What the heck? Earlier in this episode, Fraust was portrayed as being twelve steps ahead of everyone...and now he is beaten because he let a man spit some gas in his face. He was in complete control of the situation, but of course he had to allow Mark to take a sip of water. Honestly, that is pathetic writing. I don't know how that scene ever made it on to television.

Then came Mark running over to Fraust's car. How do we know it is Fraust's car? Because we hear Mark talking to himself (basically us), saying "Fraust's car." This is a little thing, but honestly, the whole season, the writers have been dumbing things down for the audience, spoon-feeding us everything. It is little things like this that make this show annoying. Also the fact that Fraust, a mastermind, used a GPS system which kept record of his destinations in it. So if anyone ever got a hold of his car, they'd know everywhere he had been. Wow, what a mastermind. Not to mention Mark saying "Where've you been, Fraust..." when looking at the GPS. Okay, you're in Fraust's car looking at a GPS machine. I think it is fairly obvious he has been to these places.

And that is when I closed the window and stopped watching. This show had a good premise but it was just terrible. I can't even catch up to watch the finale...
...No More
Thanks to Magic Box For the Sig

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Previous

Return to Flash Forward [No spoilers!]