[Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.18 Discussion

General discussion for 'Flash forward'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.18 Discussion

Postby thetexashammer on Tue May 04, 2010 2:28 pm

Due to a church revival I've been having, I was unable to watch this episode of FlashForward until last night. As some of you know, I've rightfully been very critical of the show as I've come up with a list of the silly things that I noticed after each episode. This week was actually probably the best episode I've seen from the producers. So that's two weeks in a row that we've seen some decency from the creators...maybe they've heard our cries and decided to actually do a good job. Regardless, there were still a few very silly things that I noticed from the episode, and here they are:

1. The whole Quantico training with Demetri and Janis was a joke. So they are doing their obstacle course and laughing and joking all the while. Not only that, but Demetri pulls out a $5 disposable camera and snaps a shot of Janis after an exercise. First of all, I doubt anyone training for the final push of the hardest exercise in FBI training will even consider putting a 3 and a half inch camera in their pocket just for laughs. Not only that, but does anyone really think that the FBI would allow such a thing on their grounds, even just for fun? The more I watch Demetri with his crappy laugh and clap makes me really believe that, aside from Benford, he is the worst actor on the show.

2. Does every conversation between Benford and the CIA guy Marshall Vogel have to be a shouting match and stare-down? I actually agreed with Wedek when he told them to calm it down; not because I was so into the show, but because their crappy conversations/yellings are getting old and tired. Poor and redundant writing.

3. A fish lady? Really? OK. It's not the worst thing in the world and the conversations between her and Janis weren't all that bad, but the last thing the fish lady said to her about the Tetris fish eating their own was just plain dumb and almost like it was thrown in just for effect and didn't have a purpose. Another example of poor writing.

4. I know this is a little out of order in terms of events, but when Janis was sitting by the fire with the head hunter, did anyone wonder why the lady asked Janis if she was married? We all knew the lady was hitting on/flirting/whatever with Janis and Janis was doing so right back as she licked her lips and looked the lady up and down. So why the dialogue about being married? Oh well, just chalk it up to bad writing I guess.

5. To the guys who were complaining about Aaron and the whole Afghanistan trip...I feel your pain. Not only was it dumb and so out of the rhelm of reality in so many ways, but as another poster put it - does anyone even care about this guy and his daughter anymore? I sure don't. Every scene he's in is almost like the scenes with Olivia where we just can't wait for them to end.

6. Speaking of the scenes with Olivia, they weren't all that bad this week. I did think the pictures with the new guy were really funny. He's staring into the camera in both pictures. One picture he has a still somber face as he serves drinks. The other picture, he has a huge goofy smile like he's trying to put rabbit ears on Olivia as a prank. That was silly. That guy has to be one of the worst additions to the show that I've ever seen. Don't give me the whole "he was great in Star Trek Deep Space Nine or Battle Star Galactica" or whatever. The guy is a bust in this show and you know it. He's horrible as a savonte or whatever he's supposed to be and he makes the show worse than it already is.

7. Last but definitely not least, does the FBI not have any survailance equipment at all? Janis marches right into Benford's office to steal the blueprints of the time machine or whatever it is and really thinks that she's not gonna get caught? I really doubt that the whole Electronic Eraser that she used at the other guy's office will work on FBI survailance equipment. Not only that, but what the heck is Benford doing at the office? Why didn't he question Janis any further after she has black gloves and black clothes on like she's a stupid midnight robber without a mask? That scene was just plain dumb and made no sense whatsoever.

While I did see so much wrong with this episode, I really feel that it did a good job centering around one character for most of the episode to bring us up to date on who she is. Also, the more I watch the show the more I feel that Janis is probably one of the two or three best actors/actresses on the show (along with Simon). She is believable and doesn't seem to overact in any point of the show. I liked this episode and hope that it continues in this direction. If it does, I think it will overtake V as my second favorite show (after Fring) left once Lost is gone.

Flame away!
thetexashammer
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby SmokeyD on Tue May 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Whelp... It seems that it's fate is pretty much confirmed... :thumbsdown:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/renewcancel-abc-shows

I at least hope we get a decent wrap up.
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Two Sides on Tue May 04, 2010 4:49 pm

SmokeyD wrote:Whelp... It seems that it's fate is pretty much confirmed... :thumbsdown:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/renewcancel-abc-shows

I at least hope we get a decent wrap up.

I'd like to have seen at least a 2nd season. But it is about time there was a show which didn't stretch on for ages.
So good news and bad news for me really.
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby fingersplints on Tue May 04, 2010 6:17 pm

thetexashammer... you posts cracked me up. I agree with pretty much everything you said.
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby SmokeyD on Tue May 04, 2010 7:05 pm

It has become the show that I love to pick on, and yes... I will miss it too.

It just sucks that TPTB were able to find a good/fresh/new idea (When so many new shows are simply re-hashes of old ideas). And they had a pretty decent cast, but the really fouled it up.

As the old saying goes..."I hate seeing you leave... But I love watching you go!!!" :whistle:
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Two Sides on Tue May 04, 2010 7:15 pm

Smokey i love your new signature thing with the smoke... its awesome! :lol:
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby SmokeyD on Tue May 04, 2010 7:18 pm

Two Sides wrote:Smokey i love your new signature thing with the smoke... its awesome! :lol:

Thank you Two Sides... :thumbup: ... They are time consuming when you work from scratch essentially. I am working on another one for the run up to the finale...

My magnum opus if you will :blush: ...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby beresford on Tue May 04, 2010 7:24 pm

Well, I am very sorry to see FF going. The show is flawded in many ways but I find it pretty entertaining, love the concept, like the characters, love some of the cast and have a good time watching it, so I wish it could be renewed for another season. This being said, if it's between V and FF, then I am glad FF is going if that means V is staying...
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby Michelle on Wed May 05, 2010 4:09 am

I know this show isn't perfect but it entertains me, disappointed that it'll likely be canceled after this year when there is so much garbage that goes on for years.
Michelle
Emmy Nominee

Postby lostmt on Thu May 06, 2010 5:49 pm

I've watched it from the beginning.. and it's a good show, but a little confusing.. don't really have a lot of time to figure out characters until they jump to something else.
I started watching to see some of the lost alums (Charlie and Sonya) and ended up liking it though it jumps around quite a bit.

If they do cancel it, I hope they have enough time to wrap it up and give the series some closure

It only ends once.
lostmt
Stunt Double

Previous

Return to Flash Forward [No spoilers!]