[Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.19 Discussion

General discussion for 'Flash forward'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.19 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Mon May 03, 2010 2:08 pm

"Course Correction"

8:00PM

Discuss the latest Flash Forward episode here.


DEMETRI AND AGENT BANKS GO AFTER A MURDERER WHOSE TARGETS ARE THOSE WHO THOUGHT THEY'D ESCAPED THEIR FLASHFORWARD FATES, AND MARK HELPS SIMON TRACK DOWN HIS MISSING SISTER, ON ABC'S "FLASHFORWARD"

Alex Kingston ("ER") Guest Stars as Fiona Banks

James Callis ("Battlestar Galactica") Guest Stars as Gabriel

"Course Correction" - Demetri and Agent Banks (Alex Kingston) attempt to track down a killer as questions arise about the universe course-correcting itself, when people who thought they'd escaped their fates are found dead; Mark reluctantly agrees to help Simon find his sister, Annabelle, but discovers he's withholding the truth about her true circumstances; the FBI discovers the identity of Suspect Zero; and Nicole learns the whereabouts of Keiko - the woman in Bryce's flashforward - but struggles with whether to share this information, due to her growing feelings for him, on "FlashForward," THURSDAY, MAY 6 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"FlashForward" stars Joseph Fiennes as Mark Benford, John Cho as Demetri Noh, Jack Davenport as Lloyd Simcoe, Zachary Knighton as Bryce Varley, Peyton List as Nicole Kirby, Dominic Monaghan as Simon, Br’an F. O'Byrne as Aaron Stark, Courtney B. Vance as Stanford Wedeck, Sonya Walger as Olivia Benford and Christine Woods as Janis Hawk.

Guest starring are Ryan Wynott as Dylan, Barry Shabaka Henley as Agent Vreede, Alex Kingston as Fiona Banks, Cynthia Addai-Robinson as Debbie, Tim Rock as Michael Zamperion, Callum Keith Rennie as Slingerland, Lena Georgas as Celia, James Callis as Gabriel McDow, Hannah Marks as Anabelle Campos, Chelsea Rendon as Kyra, Guy Kent as Chad, James Frain as Gordon Myhill, Nadine Ellis as Agent Tremont, Michelle Hurd as Liz Kayson, John J. Deignan as Andy Weeks, Glenn Herman as SWAT guy, Malcolm Foster Smith as maintenance worker, Kate Fuglei as Laurie and Shaun Duke Moosekian as Dr. Lahar Bahti.

"Course Correction" was written by Robert J. Sawyer and directed by Leslie Libman.

Source: ABC


- Promotional Photos
- Promo
Image
Image

You have to invite me in.
User avatar
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator
 
Posts: 8326
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:49 am
Location: Fangtasia
Gender: Female


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.19 Discussion

Postby b3rt4 on Fri May 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Very boring episode. Nothing really happened and the ending was ridiculous. Like we didn't already know there's going to be another blackout.

I'll be soo relieved when this is over...
Image
Image

TigerBlood
User avatar
b3rt4
VIP
 
Posts: 3690
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Germany
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.19 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Fri May 07, 2010 2:15 pm

Yawnnnn :yawn: ..

I mean agreed... It felt like I was watching a rerun at some points. How many times are we going to see 1) People failing to the ground in flashbacks of the blackout, 2) Lloyd 'working' on the QED Ring... 3) Byrce on the chemo chair... 4) Olivia/Lloyd's budding romance...

And, who ever didn't see the Nicole/Keiko thing coming the second that the other nurse said 'immigration'?!?!?

BTW... Olivia is now dead to me... :censored: While we may not know the complete history behind Mark and Olivia (Admitted they had problems), I haven't seen one thing that Mark has done wrong that would warrant her deciding to lodge her tongue down Lloyds throat... (It would have happened if Mark hadn't so perfectly timed the knock on the door) Who also didn't see that coming as well???
User avatar
SmokeyD
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Outside of Chicago...Somewhere...
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.19 Discussion

Postby b3rt4 on Fri May 07, 2010 2:36 pm

SmokeyD wrote:BTW... Olivia is now dead to me... :censored: While we may not know the complete history behind Mark and Olivia (Admitted they had problems), I haven't seen one thing that Mark has done wrong that would warrant her deciding to lodge her tongue down Lloyds throat...

Dude. She's a woman.
Image
Image

TigerBlood
User avatar
b3rt4
VIP
 
Posts: 3690
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Germany
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.19 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Fri May 07, 2010 3:11 pm

b3rt4 wrote:
SmokeyD wrote:BTW... Olivia is now dead to me... :censored: While we may not know the complete history behind Mark and Olivia (Admitted they had problems), I haven't seen one thing that Mark has done wrong that would warrant her deciding to lodge her tongue down Lloyds throat...

Dude. She's a woman.


That's the part that really gets me, I loved Penny, and Sonya W. seems like a really great woman. But what this show has done to her character should be illegal... :thumbsdown:
User avatar
SmokeyD
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Outside of Chicago...Somewhere...
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.19 Discussion

Postby HannaK on Sat May 08, 2010 12:54 am

Yeah I agree, not much new/interesting happened. We already knew who suspect 0 was, the fact that there's gonna be another blackout, that Olivia's character continues to be horribly written and annoying, that Dimitri will never stop freaking out about his mortality oh and that nobody wonders why this show is so likely to be cancelled.

No I'm not bitter :PP Okay maybe I am but this show looked so promising when it first came on... ¬¬
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
User avatar
HannaK
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:21 pm
Location: the Netherlands
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.19 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Sat May 08, 2010 1:51 am

HannaK wrote:Yeah I agree, not much new/interesting happened. We already knew who suspect 0 was, the fact that there's gonna be another blackout, that Olivia's character continues to be horribly written and annoying, that Dimitri will never stop freaking out about his mortality oh and that nobody wonders why this show is so likely to be cancelled.

No I'm not bitter :PP Okay maybe I am but this show looked so promising when it first came on... ¬¬


At this point for me it is more like watching two trains on the same track... heading straight at each other.. :scared:

You know that it will be bloody... you know it will be a mess... and you also know that there is nothing that can be done... It's too late... They are going to crash and there is nothing that you can do but sit back and watch...
User avatar
SmokeyD
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Outside of Chicago...Somewhere...
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.19 Discussion

Postby slimg on Sat May 08, 2010 6:15 am

I'm so glad that I'm not the only person sitting here thinking how stupid Olivia's one season character arc has been. I mean how exactly do you say "I would do everything to save our marriage" one day (so much so that you are willing to pack up and move to Denver) then within the next week you are making out with the person you were trying to escape from? That makes no sense to me. What would be almost as bad is if Mark had agreed to move, then decided to go out to a bar one last time before he left leading to his drinking problem coming up again.

I get where they are going with this. They are trying to show that.. well that the universe course corrects. That's why Gabriel saw Lloyd and Olivia together. But with that being said, why have her say "I'll do almost anything to save our marriage." It makes no sense at all. And the only reason they got together was because her daughter fell and Lloyd helped put a band-aid on her.


The only reason this show had potential in this second half was because of Frost. Him being a wildcard who knew everything that was going to happen and was one step ahead of anything was the most inspired this show has been since the pilot episode. It was a genius plot and a genius character with almost believable motives. They killed him off before he even reached his peak.
slimg
Viewer
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:28 am
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.19 Discussion

Postby beresford on Mon May 10, 2010 2:02 am

I was actually enjoying the beggining of the episode, as we had finally Simon back, but I agree with the crowd, the Olivia thing was too awful to be ignored. There is no credibility to the thing. I feel bad for Sonya Walger, having to play something like that... I liked the Demetri part on this one though, thought it was pretty cool the whole thing of course correcting.
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience


Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
User avatar
beresford
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:42 am
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.19 Discussion

Postby thetexashammer on Mon May 10, 2010 3:57 pm

I can't wait to post my Silly Things I Noticed. I'll get to it in about 30 minutes.

-- Merged Double Post --

After watching the previous week's episode I thought for sure that the producers were listening to the viewers like us and were taking note that the crap they were throwing out there just wasn't going to cut it. They had finally stepped up their game, I thought, and were ready to give us some real screen writing and directing that we could enjoy and watch without cringing.

Boy was I WAY OFF! I'll start by saying that I was pretty tired when I watched the DVR'd show on Saturday night, but I was ready to see what they had in store. I can tell you, however, that I wasn't too tired to see the garbage that graced my 32" HD television. The show started off ok, but after the first about 30 seconds it got bad fast. Here are my Silly Things I Noticed about FlashForward:

1.) Ughh. Demetri=worst actor ever and I say that every week. First of all, isn't Demetri a russian name or something like that? And who do they have playing him? That's right, the guy from White Castle. Geez, every week I hate his character more and more due to a) the actor playing him and b) the fact that they keep playing up his impending death and NOBODY CARES ANYMORE! More on him later...

2.) I'll have to say the part showing the experiment was pretty cool, but what did that reporter hit her head on that caused her skull to crack wide open? Why didn't this happen more often? Also, I don't know about you guys but I think we all get it and have seen in just about every episode the blackouts/FFs at different places. I think we all get what happened so there's really no reason to give as much play screen time as they do to all of the different ones.

3.) Demetri and that one lady nobody cares about are investigating deaths of people who have "cheated" their blackout death dates. Oh, no! That might mean that Demetri MIGHT STILL DIE!!! Raise your hand if you care. Anyone? Is that a hand I see raised up in the back? Oh, it's just your hat...ok. Exactly. Nobody cares. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that most everyone is tired of this storyline, yet the directors seem to love spending precious time (that they are running out of) on it.

4.) In regards to this storyline, did anyone aside from Demetri NOT notice that Reynaud (the teacher/killer) was drinking from the same kind of coffee cup that the dead guy was killed with? Demetri is all, oh I should have known. Hello?! Are you serious!? Man, this has totally gotten lame.

5.) Now for the scene where Demetri takes out the killer's car just before hitting the girl. Oh, how we all knew what was going to happen. First off, Demetri blasted that guy. No way is the killer getting out of the car running after the girl. Secondly, why would Demetri tell her to run when he's got a gun on the guy? Also, don't you all know not to run in the middle of the street even if you are being chased by a guy who's being chased by an FBI agent with a gun? Dogs know better than that. Finally, was that some really bad acting by Demetri or what? Sure, he didn't want the girl to die but it was almost like he was crying when she was hit. Blah.

6.) Speaking of "Blah", I think it's safe to say that we are all on the same page with Olivia by now. The directors have completely ruined her in this show and are right on the verge of ruining her career. After coming off so strong and having such a wide fan-base with Losties, she chose a show with a good premise to be on and the directors/writers totally screwed her over. Not only do I feel that her acting is sub-par, but her character's scenes are so far beyond realistic it is downright embarrassing. I wanted to like her so much on this show, but it has gone too far. I don't really have to get into the scenes with her and Lloyd and I won't, but we all know that if she doesn't leave this show soon, she's gonna lose a lot of fans.

7.) I'll do my weekly rant on the new savante character. Bad. Bad. Bad. The acting is atrocious (sp?) and the writing is worse. I do have to say that I laughed very hard this week in his hospital scene with the sandwich (that he magically unwrapped twice, might I add). The show was so serious and the music was suspenseful when he started screaming about pickles and lettuce...and everything stopped. "But I like tomatoes." That was a funny scene. The funniest part, though, was the fact that the show made that part out to be like it was really important. A tomato! Hahaha! Guys, this guy is so bad...but he fits right in with the rest of the cast.

8.) I won't say much about Simon because he's such a good actor, but why are we supposed to care that he took the ring? I mean, don't they already have the scematics and know what the ring is made of? It's the whole blueprint thing again. Where is Janis, by the way? Simon's probably the baby-daddy...but I digress. One last thing...

9.) Who else almost completely forgot about Bryce and Nicole? And the fact that Nicole found Keiko was more funny than anything else. Also, are Bryce and Nicole together now? I mean, didn't Nicole not feel comfortable with Bryce kissing her and now he's doing it at work? Can anyone say "Lawsuit"?

Who noticed that I didn't say much about Benford this week? It's true. Not because his acting was bad, because that's a given. But really because there was so much else to touch on that his acting wasn't one of the worst parts of the show. Oh well, I wish they would do away with all of hte crappy actors on the show. Oh wait. If they did that, then there would be no show. Huh. Now that's an idea I can handle.

Enjoy!
thetexashammer
Viewer
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:23 pm
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.19 Discussion

Postby Devil's Arcade on Mon May 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Just watched 18 and 19, and when is say watched, I played guitar while listening and glimpsing at my screen.
User avatar
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert
 
Posts: 2004
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Glasgow
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.19 Discussion

Postby lostmt on Mon May 10, 2010 10:08 pm

I really want to like this show, but the writers are making it very hard!

Too many characters + plot lines going on at the same time.. they jump around so much that it's hard to remember who did what and when..

And the Olivia/lloyd thing is so bizarre.
Image

It only ends once.
User avatar
lostmt
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:43 pm
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.19 Discussion

Postby DestinyFound on Mon May 10, 2010 11:01 pm

This was a plot tat lacked much needed editing
Olivia love affair is just plain annoying
and I am starting to see this spiral into a one season show
Image
Show Expert for Glee and The Office
User avatar
DestinyFound
Show Expert
 
Posts: 2327
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:48 pm
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.19 Discussion

Postby beresford on Tue May 11, 2010 10:55 pm

DestinyFound wrote:This was a plot tat lacked much needed editing
Olivia love affair is just plain annoying
and I am starting to see this spiral into a one season show


I think it's pretty much a given by now
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience


Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
User avatar
beresford
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:42 am
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.19 Discussion

Postby bigdaddyhen on Thu May 13, 2010 5:10 pm

In the scene where they have the "wave" going out just before the blackout, there were two that collided, which actually started the blackout. Did people take that to mean that there was a second device, or was this just the other side of the same wave wraping around?
bigdaddyhen
Viewer
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:47 pm
Gender: Male

Next

Return to Flash Forward [No spoilers!]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron