[Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.22 Discussion

General discussion for 'Flash forward'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.22 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Thu May 27, 2010 12:36 pm

"Future Shock"

8:00PM

Discuss Flash Forward's Series Finale here.

IT'S APRIL 29, 2010, AND WHILE MARK UNCOVERS THE DATE OF THE NEXT BLACKOUT, DEMETRI AND SIMON BREAK INTO NLAP IN AN ATTEMPT TO STOP IT FROM HAPPENING, ON THE SEASON FINALE OF ABC'S "FLASHFORWARD"

Annabeth Gish Guest Stars as Lita

"Future Shock" - It's D-Day - April 29, 2010 - and while everyone waits to see if their flashforward visions come true, Mark uncovers the date of the next blackout, and Simon, with Demetri, attempts to stop it from happening by breaking into the NLAP mainframe, on the Season Finale of "FlashForward," THURSDAY, MAY 27 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"FlashForward" stars Joseph Fiennes as Mark Benford, John Cho as Demetri Noh, Jack Davenport as Lloyd Simcoe, Zachary Knighton as Bryce Varley, Peyton List as Nicole Kirby, Dominic Monaghan as Simon, Br’an F. O'Byrne as Aaron Stark, Courtney B. Vance as Stanford Wedeck, Sonya Walger as Olivia Benford and Christine Woods as Janis Hawk.

Guest starring are Genevieve Cortese as Tracy, Lennon Wynn as Charlie, Lindsay Pulsipher as young woman, Ryan Wynott as Dylan, Michael Ealy as Marshall Vogel, Barry Shabaka Henley as Agent Vreede, Yuko Takeuchi as Keiko, Neil Jackson as Lucas Hellinger, Blake Robbins as Buckner, Hira Ambrosino as Yuuka Arahida, Carlease Burke as Francine, Dominic Rains as Kahmir, Robb Skyler as cabbie, Marquessa Moreland as Dr. Sarah Long, Patrick J. Adams as Ed, Jeremy Radin as guard, Masami Kosaka as host, Annabeth Gish as Lita, Kerri Higuchi as Hitomi and Blake Kushi as businessman.

"Future Shock" was written by Timothy J. Lea & Scott M. Gimple and directed by John Polson.

Source: ABC

- Promo
- 6 Sneaks Peeks

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.22 Discussion

Postby slimg on Fri May 28, 2010 3:29 am

I sat there watching and wondering how Sonya Walger could have such a good character on one show, then have a completely nonsensical character on this one. I really don't understand why she got together with Lloyd. The logic behind that has escaped me the whole time? Because her daughter was bleeding a little and Lloyd fixed it? This lady is a doctor. She has most likely seen people do more miraculous things in surgery then help a girl who hurt her mouth falling off a slide. I mean does she get together with every person that she sees fix someone's injury? Her character was incredibly annoying. I'm not even going to get into my complaint with how bad those mercenaries were. For god sakes they just opened fire on an office when they didn't even see anyone in there! Anyone with eyes could see that Mark wasn't in there. They just started to fire on it? Also how did a bomb get inside the FBI? Not to mention at least 7 bombs. You'd think an FBI office would have better security then that. Also the way that Mark figured out the time and date of the next global blackout? Come on. This is why I would have rather had Dyson Frost still around. I still can't understand why they replaced him with a mentally challenged character. I've never seen a show with 2 mentally challenged characters. It was bold. Is bold the right word?

R.I.P. Flashforward. You will be missed. Not so much by me... but you will be missed.
slimg
Viewer

Postby Leroi22 on Fri May 28, 2010 4:16 am

Pretty awesome episode, I would have loved to have seen a season 2. :(
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby RevelFire on Fri May 28, 2010 6:13 am

yea this probably was Flashforward's best episode aside from the premiere. But it did have its drawbacks which kinda proofs that the whole show was always lacking some sort of consistency. When I heard FF was canceled I didn't mind if so much, but tonight's episode definitely left me wanting another season...oh well it was an entertaining show while it lasted....but dam I still have to find myself the new LOST :(
I'll defend LOST all the way ACROSS THE SEA and until THE END

We're all puppets, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings.
RevelFire
Stunt Double

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Fri May 28, 2010 1:11 pm

I laughed so hard at the final minutes. Were they trying to set up a long series with that? Those writers have some serious gumption to even try that because FlashForward not only sucked, but sucked in the ratings as well.

To me, this show was really nothing like Lost at all. Not only was the acting underwhelming, but the writing was horrible in my opinion. A show like that cannot and should not survive.
...No More
Thanks to Magic Box For the Sig

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Postby lostmt on Fri May 28, 2010 4:23 pm

The FF's were so exciting on Lost that they decided to make a show about them. I watched the show from the beginning, but even then it was kind of hard to follow because it jumped around too much.

The character of Olivia was horrible. The whole Olivia/Lloyd storyline was completely ridiculous. I saw this guy in my vision, so now I'm going to be with him.

The last epi was good.. and was a decent close to the show, even though I would have loved to see more.

It only ends once.
lostmt
Stunt Double

Postby HannaK on Fri May 28, 2010 5:08 pm

I suppose it was a good episode, still don't get why all the FF came true, I mean, if you don't want it to become true, why don't wear a different shirt or something, therefore I was hopeing that Tracy would be dead, it would have made things more interesting.
The acting wasn't all that bad, some actors were worse than others but the writing is what axed the show imo.

Oh well, adios FlashForward, too bad you never lived up to your potential
Last edited by HannaK on Fri May 28, 2010 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby Numb3rs on Fri May 28, 2010 6:06 pm

FlashForward reminded me of Jericho. Two shows with a great premise that went downhill quickly. They would have been better as a 3 night 6-hour event. The main problem is we didn't care much about the characters, unlike with Lost. Whether it was poor casting or bad writing that's debateable.
Numb3rs
Extra

Postby lostmt on Fri May 28, 2010 7:20 pm

FF could have been a great show. They casting was great.. but the writing- not so much..

I wish they would have known in time to give it a proper series finale- but ended up being a decent end.

After that guy jumped off the roof -which was sad cause he was pretty decent looking- it showed them that none of the ff's had to come true.. and that's why i ended up hating the olivia character so much. It was hard not to compare Olivia to Penny- and I'm glad they didn't try to piggyback Lost/FlashForward..

It only ends once.
lostmt
Stunt Double

Postby Sym on Sat May 29, 2010 7:46 am

simply epic, beautiful, fantastic.
I love F.F.
http://twitter.com/symsoa
I just wanted to see what's in the land across the sea.*Lost4ever*
Sons Of Anarchy is my faith
War against the world Black Sails
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Postby Joe Col on Sat May 29, 2010 7:25 pm

I know this was filmed before it was officially cancelled, but did they edit it a bit to make it a series finale?
Best part of the finale was the Band of Horses song during the second flash forward. Epic tune.
I reallly wanted to like this show & stuck with it, but it became virtually incomprehensible.
"A gram of speed and a one night stand, I left my baby in the devil's hand ..."
Joe Col
Extra

Postby HannaK on Sun May 30, 2010 3:42 pm

lostmt wrote:After that guy jumped off the roof -which was sad cause he was pretty decent looking- it showed them that none of the ff's had to come true.. and that's why i ended up hating the olivia character so much.

Yeah exactely! Seeing everyone exactely ending up as we've seen in their FF was just disappointing
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby Devil's Arcade on Sun May 30, 2010 4:47 pm

So, did you all notice the flashforwards at the end were of different dates?

January 2015 - http://i49.tinypic.com/awwax5.jpg
September ???? - http://i48.tinypic.com/104jbeg.jpg
March 2011 - http://i49.tinypic.com/303bupu.jpg
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby Two Sides on Mon May 31, 2010 10:03 pm

I watching it now... exciting :D

-- Merged Double Post --

What? So Benford didn't die? I am confused!! Did anyone die?

It was a good episode for action :lol: but the story was pretty naff. The ending was ****. I was expecting something awesome. :( On the whole is was a relatively good show, but cheap writing. :no:

The only truly good bit was when Weddick kicked the door through and shot that bloke. :w00t: :w00t:
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby beresford on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:46 pm

I liked the finale as a season finale, hated as a series finale, but that's what happens when a show is canceled. I thought this was one of their best episodes, even though some parts are just silly, such as the Olivia-Lloyd scene, it's totally annoying to watch, I feel sorry for both actors, they both appear to be very talented. Anyway, it is over. I had a good time with this show, I am sorry it had to get canceled. I wanted it to get canceled if that was the only way for V to survive, but in the end, I really hoped both could make it.
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Next

Return to Flash Forward [No spoilers!]