The 2010 Favourite Character Ever Cup Competition

Kick back for a few and enjoy a selection of fun threads and forum games.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: The 2010 Favourite Character Ever Cup Competition

Postby BirdyMan on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:57 pm

Omg, this is so hard. Because I have no idea who characters is, so I search on google on their names and see how they look like. But I still have no idea how popular they are and things like that. I have watched like LOST and 24 and some other shows like 1 episode or something, nothing else I really have followed. And that is about it. I probably know like 10 characters on here... Woo? :lol:

I'm screwed. :cry:

EDIT : ah nice, someone is named "The doctor" ... Can't even find that guy. Is his name really "The Doctor" ? What the hell? :lol: Or wait, just found the little info thingy beside the name, he's in doctor who, know I can find him atleast. But still. :P

Bloody big thanks to my sistha Magic Box for making the avatar and the userbar! :D :wub:
And a bloody big thanks to brotha Two Sides for the signature! :D
BirdyMan
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Devil's Arcade on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:23 pm

DarkUFO wrote:
Devil's Arcade wrote:
DarkUFO wrote:My final 4
Benjamin Linus
Jack Shephard

Greg House
John Locke

Final 2
Jack Shephard:
John Locke:

I think I'm too Lost biased

Same here.

Great minds think alike ;)

Sure do Dark, sure do. :cool:
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby Mike369 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:27 am

BirdyMan wrote:Omg, this is so hard. Because I have no idea who characters is, so I search on google on their names and see how they look like. But I still have no idea how popular they are and things like that. I have watched like LOST and 24 and some other shows like 1 episode or something, nothing else I really have followed. And that is about it. I probably know like 10 characters on here... Woo? :lol:

I'm screwed. :cry:

EDIT : ah nice, someone is named "The doctor" ... Can't even find that guy. Is his name really "The Doctor" ? What the hell? :lol: Or wait, just found the little info thingy beside the name, he's in doctor who, know I can find him atleast. But still. :P

Your right it was really difficult. I just chose the character based on what show the character was from I thought was more popular and even then I still didn't have much of a clue.

My Final Four:

Ben Linus
Chandler Bing
Greg House
John Locke

Is it wrong that I chose Chandler over Jack?
Mike369
Stunt Double

Location: In the Heart of the Island, dammit I'm dead. No wait, I'm Desmond. It's all good.

Postby Two Sides on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:40 am

Mike369 wrote:Is it wrong that I chose Chandler over Jack?

I think so, yes. Maybe you were a little bias in you choices? ;)
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby BirdyMan on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Two Sides wrote:

May be, may be. But still, everyone haven't seen LOST, I know many that is like "Meh, i watched some episodes, then it went too far, couldn't be bothered". But can you tell me ANYONE that never seen Friends or have any idea what that is? I don't think so, but then again, they're more casual so maybe not sitting on sites and votes? I don't know, but Chandler could very well beat Jack to be honest :P

Bloody big thanks to my sistha Magic Box for making the avatar and the userbar! :D :wub:
BirdyMan
Supporting Actor

Postby Two Sides on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:17 pm

BirdyMan wrote:
Two Sides wrote:

May be, may be. But still, everyone haven't seen LOST, I know many that is like "Meh, i watched some episodes, then it went too far, couldn't be bothered". But can you tell me ANYONE that never seen Friends or have any idea what that is? I don't think so, but then again, they're more casual so maybe not sitting on sites and votes? I don't know, but Chandler could very well beat Jack to be honest :P

How many people do you know who watch friends and STILL come on to TV websites to discuss it or help out with votes in competitions like these? And when you compare that to people who watched Lost, the fan base Lost has, and the the fact that it is still a very recent TV show... it looks majorly in favour of Lost. Granted, people who come to STV for other shows who don't watch Lost may vote Chandler, but i don't think that would swing the balance from Lost to Friends.
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby BirdyMan on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:54 pm

Two Sides wrote:
BirdyMan wrote:
Two Sides wrote:

How many people do you know who watch friends and STILL come on to TV websites to discuss it or help out with votes in competitions like these? And when you compare that to people who watched Lost, the fan base Lost has, and the the fact that it is still a very recent TV show... it looks majorly in favour of Lost. Granted, people who come to STV for other shows who don't watch Lost may vote Chandler, but i don't think that would swing the balance from Lost to Friends.

Yeah I kinda said that in the last sentence. But what I mean is that only because you watch LOST you will vote on Jack, will you? I mean everyone who watch LOST have atleast watched Friends some times, because it goes on the TV 24/7. For example, I watch LOST, I love LOST, it's my favourite show. But I still will probably go with Chandler. But you're right, Jack will probably win, I went with Jack.

BirdyMan
Supporting Actor

Postby Mike369 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:56 am

@ BirdyMan Even though I love lost and Jack is one of my fav. characters, I also prefer and will be voting Chandler.
If it was any other frined I wouldn't be. :D

The reason I think Chandler might win is because he did so well in this poll: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/2010-favourite-character-ever-cup_06.html and ever since Supernatural beat Lost in the best TV show ever competition It's hard to know what to think might happen. Plus, BirdyMan's right some Lost fans will probably vote for Chandler too.
Mike369
Stunt Double

Location: In the Heart of the Island, dammit I'm dead. No wait, I'm Desmond. It's all good.

Postby Sophie_Locke on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:13 pm

Im trying to fill out this brackets but i dont know who any of those characters are besides Lost and Friends :lol: :scared: . Im wondering why there are characters of old shows like friends and there arent Seinfeld characters :( , i think Jerry George Kramer or Elaine would have a really good shot to win it all :) .

I dont know who either of the matchup number 2 (Barney Stinson and Dean Winchester) are :S . Im gonna do REALLY BAD at this :D , with or without the help of imdb
Because destiny, John...is a fickle bitch
Sophie_Locke
Supporting Actor

Postby Two Sides on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Sophie_Locke wrote:I dont know who either of the matchup number 2 (Barney Stinson and Dean Winchester) are :S . Im gonna do REALLY BAD at this :D , with or without the help of imdb

Barney Stinson is LEGEND!
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Sophie_Locke on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:22 pm

Two Sides wrote:
Sophie_Locke wrote:I dont know who either of the matchup number 2 (Barney Stinson and Dean Winchester) are :S . Im gonna do REALLY BAD at this :D , with or without the help of imdb

I just found (thanks to IMDB) that he is from "how i met your mother" a show that almost everyone is telling me to watch cause is so great and funny! (i will after im done with curb your enthusiasm), so im planning to vote him for the winner. But the other guy is from supernatural, that seems to be very popular among fans :( . What should i do? vvote awesome barney or the other? :S
Sophie_Locke
Supporting Actor

Postby Two Sides on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Sophie_Locke wrote:
Two Sides wrote:

I just found (thanks to IMDB) that he is from "how i met your mother" a show that almost everyone is telling me to watch cause is so great and funny! (i will after im done with curb your enthusiasm), so im planning to vote him for the winner. But the other guy is from supernatural, that seems to be very popular among fans :( . What should i do? vvote awesome barney or the other? :S

I would vote Barney :D But then Supernatural has a HUGE online following :unsure:
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Sophie_Locke on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:37 pm

imdb does not recognize "elena gilbert" OR rachel berry? I have no clue who they are :S

And about the other matchups, i had Fox Mulder, Blair Waldorf, Barney Stinson, Veronica Mars, Ben Linus, Buffy, Chuck Bass, Jack Shepard, Sidney Bristow, Chandler Bing, Temperance Brennan, Seeley Both, Sue Silvester and Sam Winchester winning ..... :unsure: am i totally crazy for all this results? In some of them, i had the character i knew more winning, in others, what i think the audiencie would do.

Phoebe vs Juliet is really hard for me...i mean...how popular is friends there? Here is really popular. Is friends still as popular? I had Phoebe winning without thinking but then i got to think that friends is old and maybe phoebe is not the most popular character of friends (wich is? :S besides chandler) and juliet just happened and has a lot of fans, so....what should i do? :S

I think im gonna end up last at this one :D
Sophie_Locke
Supporting Actor

Postby Devil's Arcade on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:38 pm

I voted on the show most of the times, tbh.
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby Sophie_Locke on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:52 pm

what about sheldon cooper vs dexter?? :scared: i find sheldon cooper amazing in bing bang theory :D , he is too funny. I never watched Dexter but people says is really great. Should i vote the amazing sheldon or the protagonist of a great show? :S I´ll go with Dexter i guess

and what about rachel greene?? Is that supposed to be rachel greeN from friends? Cause i search for Rachel greenE, and its supposed to be a character from ER, :O but im thinking this rachel reffers to "friends" one, am i wrong?
Sophie_Locke
Supporting Actor

PreviousNext

Return to Fun & Games