[Supernatural] Getting Through Hellatus - Episode Contest

Have fun with a selection of television and movie based forum games.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: [Supernatural] Getting Through Hellatus - Episode Contes

Postby cassopeia on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:59 am

Fudge, I missed the voting for the first episode but IMTOD, Lazarus rising, The pilot and Sympathy for the devil are all great episode. I'm just glad 'Magnificient seven' didn't win since it's clearly the weakest Supernatural premier episode.

So episode 2. Ususally I'm not such a big fan of the second episode of the season. I hate Wendigo, it's my Bug or Ghost ship episode, I truly cannot stand it. The monster is so ridiculous that it destroys the entire episode of me. The clown episode is fun but not really immpressive. The War episode could have been better and the season 4 episode should have used better ghosts like Jessica or John. So I'm going with THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT. It's definitely not among my favorite episode but I liked Lisa, Ben, the changelings and the idea of Dean having a kid. Besides I love the scene were the women sit in the garden and talk about Dean. 'The Dean. Best night of my life-Dean.' :rofl:
cassopeia
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby nanacastro on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:25 pm

I go with The Kids Are Alright because it's funny and introduce us to a new carachter which we would see again many times... and would change many things...

Well, I love the way Dean acts on the episode and Ben is so cute! Lisa is another subject... :P
Mariana
"The girl you need to meet."
nanacastro
Viewer

Postby Mia494 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:13 am

well, I guess I missed the second episode poll... but if I hadn't, I would have had huge problems to pick one, actually, cause I really enjoyed them all, I think they were all great.

Wendigo was cool for me probably just because it took place in the woods :P which created specific atmosphere in it. Also liked the struggle between Sam 's desire to just find John and Jessica's killer and Dean's desire to "save people and hunt things". The Clown episode was cool just because it was about the clown (apparently clowns kill lol). the episode with rising the wintnesses was very dark and dramatic, I really liked it, showed the main problem hunters have to deal with - usually when you kill the demon, you also kill the victim. Plus we have the first seal broken here (I mean, the first one we see broken). We find out about the Apocalypse (and start frealing out :P ), about Lilth breaking the seals, about Lucifer. And we have a bit of a kick-ass, tough angelic soldier Castiel, yet without emotions. The episode with War I also liked, because we had Sam and Dean trying to get over Sam killing Lilith, we have the first horseman and I really like the idea of war - people killing each other, thinking they're killing monsters. Clever, Mr War.

But if I had voted here, I'd have gone for The Kids Are Alright, cause it was funny, introduced Ben-mini-Dean to us, but at the same time it scared the hell out of me. I mean, don't you think monsters get even more scary when they're in shape of children? I think that's the reason so many horrors have children in them.

Ok, I hope I won't miss another one...
Last edited by Mia494 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mia494
Viewer

Postby Dahne on Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:08 am

First off, thanks everyone for responding. I'm really glad that The Kids are Alright won, mostly because I love Ben too Nanocastro. I also love Dean's facial expressions when he begins to think Ben is his kid. Plus, any episode with Dean dealing with kids (preferably of the non-monster variety) gets my vote.

I usually don't think the second episode is strong either, cassopeia. I liked Wendigo with its "saving people, hunting things" line like you Mia, but it wasn't as strong as the first or third episode. I hated Everybody Loves a Clown because I work with kids. No kid is stupid enough to let a stranger in their house at night, clown suit or not. Plus it was too emotional for me. I realize that is exactly how they would react but it was too much.

Are You There God was an interesting premise and I liked that Meg, Victor, and Ron returned. I really liked those 3, but I felt they could have done much more with them. Good God, Y'All had lots of action and my favorite part was when Dean did not want to give Cas the amulet. I liked having Rufus back and this episode changed my view about Ellen and Jo for the better. Yet, the plot was lame and Sam doing his Bagger of the Month impression irked me. Really Sam, you are in a fight with "demons", do you really have to make sure the salt is all straight?

All in all, I think episode 2's are good, but not great. This was an easy decision for me. Episode 3's will be a different story. Only 1 miss in the bunch. Do I go nostalgic for the episode that made me love Dean or the one with Gordon or the "Sam's funny" show or mom's hunting debut? Tough choice here folks! Episode 3 poll goes up evening tomorrow - America time. Stay tuned!
Dahne
Show Expert

Postby spngirl89 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Wow, this one was hard! I love both Bad Day at Black Rock and Free to be You and Me so much, and there's somehting special about In the Beginning. I ended up voting for Free to be You and Me though. I has so many hilarious Castiel scenes, and Misha does a great job portraying how lost Cas feels in a lot of the situations. It is also the first ep in a long time which shows Dean happy (something he points out himself at one point) and it shows how much he needed a break from Sam and all the family drama!
Also, it was good for Sam to come to terms with his blame in all of what happened.

I also feel that the episode was the start of a 'beautiful friendship' (in lack of another term) between Dean and Cas:)
Dean: "It's like we got a contract on us. You think it's 'cause we're so awesome? I think it's 'cause it's we're so awesome."

Jen: Well, actually, since farmers don't keep roosters, the eggs aren't fertilized, so techically you're just eating a byproduct of the hen's menstrual cycle.
Priestly: Well, that- that's certainly appetizing, a hen-period-salad, that's lovely.
spngirl89
Show Expert

Postby cassopeia on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:34 pm

Ok so epsiode 3... I love Fresh Blood and In the beginning.
Dead in the water is good but not that impressive. Bad Day at Black Rock is very funny but I prefer drama episodes. Free to be you and me had an awesome montage but the rest was kind of meh since the brother reunited at the end of next episode.

ITB is a great mythology episode and has awesome new characters like Young!John, Young!Mary and the grandparents but I wasn't a fan of the time travelling and how it fit into the mythology of the show. E.g. Dean helping his dad to buy the Impala, YED getting told that Dean will kill him and Mary getting warned by Dean. There were many awesome scenes in this episode but I didn't like the 'all roads lead to the same destination' notion of the episode. :thumbsdown:

Fresh Blood is awesome. I love Gordon. I love his partner. I love it that Gordon gets turned into his worst nightmare, a vampire, and still is as driven and single-minded as before. He kills but when he kills his friend, I just wanna cry because he clearly doesn't want to kill him but is convinced that he has to since his friend is a hunter and would stop him and then he couldn't fulfill his mission of killing Sam. :cry: And then there are these little emotional Sam-Dean moments: 'I just want you to be my brother again' :cry: and Dean showing Sam how to work on the Impala. :cry: :cry:

So I voted for Fresh Blood. ;)
cassopeia
Viewer

Postby spngirl89 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:55 pm

Well, I don't want to be a douche or anything, but Fresh Blood is not the third episode in season two. It's the seventh in season three. I didn't remember at first, but couldn't make sense of it cause Gordin is alive in Bad Day at Black Rock, which would have been weird if he died in ep three in season 2 :p
Anyways, I loved Fresh Blood, but the real third episode in season 2 is Bloodlust, which in fact is the episode where Gordon is introduced :)
No offence to you, Dahne, I love that you started this topic :)
Dean: "It's like we got a contract on us. You think it's 'cause we're so awesome? I think it's 'cause it's we're so awesome."

Jen: Well, actually, since farmers don't keep roosters, the eggs aren't fertilized, so techically you're just eating a byproduct of the hen's menstrual cycle.
Priestly: Well, that- that's certainly appetizing, a hen-period-salad, that's lovely.
spngirl89
Show Expert

Postby Dahne on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:36 am

Oh darn! Thanks so much! I knew something sounded wrong about that. I will make a new poll right now. Everyone revote and I'll extend the voting days. Urgh! Sorry about that!

-- Merged Double Post --

Here's the new link for the poll:

Dahne
Show Expert

Postby cassopeia on Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Upps, I didn't even notice that. :blush: But since 'Fresh Blood' is gone, I will go with 'In the beginning.'
cassopeia
Viewer

Postby Dahne on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:35 am

In the Beginning wins for third episode by one vote. Fourth episode poll is up and open for 2 days. Here's the link:

Dahne
Show Expert

Postby cassopeia on Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:18 pm

The End is great but I wasn't that impressed with the angel time travel or seeing two Dean's since they did it before. I'm going with my underdog favorites Sin City for 2 reasons.
1. Casey is my favorite female demon, she doesn't feel bad about being a demon, doesn't whine and still manages to come off as sympathetic. I love her.
2. Dean and Casey's talk in the cellar was very informative for the later storyarc, very emotional with them discussing hell and on top of it, their flirting/insulting was hilarious. :D
cassopeia
Viewer

Postby spngirl89 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:52 pm

This one was very easy for me, cause I love the End. Mostly cause it's a lot different from other episodes, and I love how Jensen plays in this episode. It's so good to see Dean's own reaction to what he is destined to become, and the scene with lucifer is the first time we get a sniff of what will happen.
Also, I LOVE Cas in this episode! I mean, Cas the angel with no human social skills is awesome, and it's fun to see another side of him, one that is so different. And (I'm pretty sure it's in this episode at least:p) I love the whole panic about running out of minutes at the beginning:) :D

spngirl89
Show Expert

Postby Dahne on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:49 am

The only 2 that I even considered were The End and Sin City. I loved Casey too and that's what put Sin City in the running for me. I liked how Dean was considering what Casey said. We've seen them have sympathy for vampires before but this was the first demon. (Well, besides Ruby but I always hated her.) I loved how Dean was conflicted about killing Casey. The two had great chemistry together. The light flirtation masking the deeper conflict was perfect. I wish she would have made it because I would like to see her again.

Still, Sin City was more "monster of the week" light for me. I liked it and loved the characters but it didn't have the mytharc weight that The End did. I also loved seeing how the characters had changed in the future. I've never liked Chuck more than when he was so adamant that real Dean stock up on toilet paper for the future. Everybody liked hippie Cas but it was this line by Chuck that really made me laugh. It was also the first time we saw Sam as Lucifer and I don't think the finale would have been as powerful for me without this scene first.

I liked both of them but The End gets my vote this time.
Dahne
Show Expert

Postby Mia494 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:37 pm

I love the End, I really do, I love Jensen's acting in this episode and the way they made past and future Dean look so different. I love that Croatoan is back in this epi and I just adoore Jared's Lucifer - here a lot more than in the finale. But then I just hate that human-Castiel there (I mean, I know it's just a vision of him, but I hope I'll never have to see him like that again) and I don't really like the total lack of Sam (even though I love Dean centric episodes). And, maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like there's more talking than action in this epi.

So I voted for Phantom Traveler, a MOTW episode, but still one of my season 1 favs. I don't even know if I like it more than the End, I just felt like voting for it :P
Mia494
Viewer

Postby Dahne on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:15 pm

I liked Jared as Lucifer much more in The End too. He seemed more powerful and creepy. Maybe it's the white suit. Maybe it's that it seemed effortless in this episode. Secret time - I liked Chuck a whole lot more than Cas in this episode. I'm not a fan of hippie Cas either although he did make a good break in the drama.

Phantom Traveler is a red dot episode for me, which means I liked it better than most episodes. Still, I couldn't consider it for the vote because I had to suspend reality far more in it than any other episode. Really, after 9-11, would any flight attendant ever help a passenger take out the co-pilot? Just couldn't buy it. It's one thing to suspend reality in the fantasy world. Quite another for me to do so in the "real" world of SPN.

I do really like Jerry though. "If you fellows will excuse me, I have an idiot to fire." Love that line. Here's hoping they find a way for Jerry to come back. I also like how it shows Dean in such an uncomfortable situation. For once mocking Dean has nothing to do with food.

-- Merged Double Post --

Link to the fifth episode vote:

Dahne
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to TV/Movie Games