[Official] V Episode 2.08 Discussion

General Discussion for 'V'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] V Episode 2.08 Discussion

Postby Rosalind on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:37 am

Uneasy Lies the Head

9:00 – 10:01 pm, ET (ABC)

Synopsis

Erica, now officially in charge of the global Fifth Column, leads them in a high risk attack against Anna.. Anna meanwhile, growing closer in her plan to destroy humanity, finds a major obstacle in a certain Live Aboard candidate; and Ryan sneaks back onto the Mothership to try and rescue his daughter.

Discuss this weeks episode here:

5 Sneak Peeks
Promo
Thanks to Spaceman for the sig
Rosalind
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] V Episode 2.08 Discussion

Postby dutchie on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:15 pm

Great episode, but the cheese factor keeps getting bigger.
Tyler and his new haircut, bah.
Jack really needs to grow a pair.
Erica, great ti....erm...shoes...
Hobbes, nice muscles.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby cheggie on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:29 pm

Dear V writers,
you were doing great lately, but in this particular situation you couldn’t be any more predictable even if you tried. You had the opportunity of not being so cliché but you decided to do what we’ve seen already in hundreds of tv shows. Let me guess how it will end: in the season final, Erica will discover that Hobbes was in part responsible for the gun fight that killed Joe and she’ll get angry. There’ll be a big argument, threats... . Am I right? Yeah? That what I thougth. Well done! *sarcasm off*

I find unfair that Erica treats Jack like that. It’s true that at first he’ll probably would had disagreed due to his moral but at the end, he’ll come along. He always do. She just had to ask and explained the plan to him. But no, she had to make him feel like his is not a valuable part of the team. Great Erica, just great. I’m beginning to dislike this new Erica... a lot.

At last, we know Marcus secret: He's not Fifth Column. He's loyal to Diana.
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby Heiots on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:50 pm

I love the idea of Marcus being loyal to Diana. I much prefer her to Anna. :P

A very evident love triangle coming up.

Can't wait for next week. The promo looks crazy.

There's a review about this episode - http://elizabeth-mitchell.org/?p=8014
:flowers: Caution: All Juliet related :flowers:
My Fanfiction My YT Videos My Art
Heiots
Star Billing

Postby kristy815 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:35 pm

So, I'm assuming that since the super DNA just got injected into Tyler. . .that the next best way to stop Anna's plan is to just . . .well, kill old Tyler. Or send those nasty little bugs crawling around in his DNA to scramble it up again. Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

And yes, the triangle thing looks very predictable. . .I got a little distracted by the predictableness of it and had to rewatch it 3 times to catch the dialogue. . .uhm, there was dialogue, right? Oh, well, nevermindthen.
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby Heiots on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:00 pm

The last scene of Erica's had action. :P
Heiots
Star Billing

Postby kristy815 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:04 pm

Heiots wrote:The last scene of Erica's had action. :P

What's that? ERICA was in that scene? Well, I may have to watch that again then. . .I could have sworn Kyle's abs had all the dialogue.
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby Heiots on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:24 pm

The bodies stole the attention. :(
Heiots
Star Billing

Postby cheggie on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:13 pm

kristy815 wrote:Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

I have the same wish :whistle:
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby beresford on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:17 am

Great episode! I love that the produceres are trying to focus on what was asked of them last season, I like when produceres hear out their audiences! Even though I agree with you guys that the triangle is getting way too predictable, I have to say that the last scene was goooold... I don't care how predictable it was! If you gals are still excited about shirtless Hobbes... I have to say that Elizabeth Mitchell was breathtaking! I loove her!

Love triangle apart, I am loving badass Erica so much and I love that the show is progressing in a lot of ways. Great twists and turns and I never saw it coming that Marcus was working for Diana. Speaking of which, I love the concept of her character, but I just find the actress so, so, so bad! I Seriously, for someone who is supposed to get human emotion, she is the coldest person I have ever seen talking!
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby HannaK on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Heiots wrote:A very evident love triangle coming up.

Coming up? With all the jealous looks for Jack I thought the love triangle was already here this episode tbh :P

cheggie wrote: Let me guess how it will end: in the season final, Erica will discover that Hobbes was in part responsible for the gun fight that killed Joe and she’ll get angry. There’ll be a big argument, threats... .

This is exactly the biggest problem I have right now, it's so predictable :(

The episode was okay, didn't love it, but I enjoyed watching it. I do think it is weird to see how much Erica changed. I get that she now has 'nothing to lose' but in the beginning of S2 she made this big deal about how innocent people shouldn't get killed (even though Hobbes pointed out on several occassions that billions of lives were at stake) and now she is just okay with it?
The Hobbes/Juliet scene was amazing btw, for several reasons but the biggest reason being shirtless Hobbes :whistle:

Also, the science guy is great for comic relief :thumbsup:
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby Notice on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:33 pm

beresford wrote:Speaking of which, I love the concept of her character, but I just find the actress so, so, so bad! I Seriously, for someone who is supposed to get human emotion, she is the coldest person I have ever seen talking!

Same here!
Either the actress is really that bad or Diana has some secret agenda we don't know about. One way or another, I don't trust her :unsure:

And that last Hovans scene... :w00t: Let's put it like this: I can't complain when two hot people make out :w00t: :w00t:
It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
Notice
Star Billing

Postby dutchie on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:47 pm

Jane Badler (Diana) is a terrible actress. I thought she was cool on the old V, but even then I thought she sucked.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby sunj on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:49 pm

HannaK wrote:
Heiots wrote:A very evident love triangle coming up.

Coming up? With all the jealous looks for Jack I thought the love triangle was already here this episode tbh :P

cheggie wrote: Let me guess how it will end: in the season final, Erica will discover that Hobbes was in part responsible for the gun fight that killed Joe and she’ll get angry. There’ll be a big argument, threats... .

This is exactly the biggest problem I have right now, it's so predictable :(

The episode was okay, didn't love it, but I enjoyed watching it. I do think it is weird to see how much Erica changed. I get that she now has 'nothing to lose' but in the beginning of S2 she made this big deal about how innocent people shouldn't get killed (even though Hobbes pointed out on several occassions that billions of lives were at stake) and now she is just okay with it?
The Hobbes/Juliet scene was amazing btw, for several reasons but the biggest reason being shirtless Hobbes :whistle:

Also, the science guy is great for comic relief :thumbsup:

I think that Erica is still wrathfull and hurt from the death of Joe and from the facth that Tyler blames her for his death..so she feels like she has to beat Anna no matter what!!like for revenge..not that she would ever kill innocent people but she would definitely risk more than she used to..and that's what she did at last night's episode.
About how predictable the story is..well I agree that Erica will find out and there will be a fight with Hobbes but...maybe there will be a twist regarding to the triangle and Jack takes the situation in his hands.. :whistle: he will realise his feelings for Erica and do his move and they will live happily ever after!hahaa ok and the Visitors will go home.. :P
feeling so damn.... L O S T

..because he's her Romeo & she's his Juliet.....!
***...cause true love stories never end...***

..someday..somehow..they met again...(!)
♥♥♥ Suliet ♥♥♥

Image Image Image Image
sunj
Stunt Double

Postby Heiots on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:07 pm

HannaK wrote:The Hobbes/Juliet scene was amazing btw, for several reasons but the biggest reason being shirtless Hobbes :whistle:

Did you just call Erica Juliet? :lol:
Heiots
Star Billing

Next

Return to V Discussion [No Spoilers]