V at Comic Con

Spoiler discussion for 'V'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

V at Comic Con

Postby laezydaezy on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:39 am

So cool to be able to watch the entire pilot. I really think I am going to like this series.

My only worry is, how much can they really stretch this out when it was originally only a mini series.

The pilot went very fast and I think the amount of info they gave away and covered in it could have been spread out to 4 or 5 epi's. That worries me even more with the "how are they going to spread it out". An example....aliens come as shown in the promo's and then all of a sudden next scene is "the visitors have been here for 2 weeks".

For me, I wanted to get tied into the characters more. Skipping that two weeks of emotional decisions that the humans would have gone through made it hard for me to relate to them. Then end even tried to play on a soft spot, but unfortunately there wasn't one that could have been built on in that short time.

Overall, great concept, great idea, great potential, great effects......just needs to slow it down and develop the characters and storyline. Specially since they have great actors/esses like Elizabeth Mitchell and Scott Wolf. When they are discussing things like devotion, we have to feel that connection. I hope they work out these kinks as I want it to succeed.

Here are a few of the pics I have...

EM herself.

Panel

-- Merged Double Post --

a little more info i forgot....

http://www.vfans.com is their website. you can also to win something on their right now i believe.

http://www.visitorambassadors.com to sign up to be an amassador.
The men in my life!
Image Image Image Image Image

laezydaezy
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: V at Comic Con

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:35 pm

You are lucky. That's amazing, I really can't wait to see the pilot. :scared:
...No More
Thanks to Magic Box For the Sig

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Postby Sym on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:00 pm

is november the Date for the pilot?
TVSHOWTIME PROFILE
https://www.tvtime.com/en/user/6964315/profile
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/D0bT8qRW/Screenshot-6.jpg[img]

We are the rejected,the humiliated,we are the outcasts.We are the monsters that you created #TheFinal
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Postby b3rt4 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:22 pm

Sym wrote:is november the Date for the pilot?

Yep, Nobember. No exact start date yet though.

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby Nick on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:13 pm

I can't wait to see it. And about the character stuff; I haven't seen the pilot, so I don't really know how much character development you get, but for a Pilot, you have to immerse someone into the plot and get the mythology really moving. I'm guessing character development will come later in the season. A few problems with pilots I see is that they don't really move the plot forward and are too much about introductions to characters and things not completely relevant to the plot and not enough about indicating what kind of series you're going to get. Don't get me wrong, I love character development and I like it about as much as mythology (like in Lost) but I think that in the first episode the plot should be slightly more important than the characters.

And I don't know if we should really worry about running out of steam because it's so fast moving. I think I read they had 3 seasons of storlines planned out, so hopefully the fast pacing won't become a problem. I'm kind of glad they sped things up. It's nice to see that they're not really interested in dragging storylines out when it can be covered in one episode.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby laezydaezy on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:11 am

true. the fast pace thing was not as much about the character development as it was moving so fast...i mean covering a month's time in 40 minutes was a lot. there just wasn't a build or suspense. you might like it though....but it like flew by.

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
example....
her partner within 20 minutes is revealed to be an alien. that could have waited a while so it actually tricked us.
The men in my life!
Image Image Image Image Image

laezydaezy
Show Expert

Postby Nick on Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:09 pm

That is pretty fast paced. I don't know, like I said I haven't seen it. I'm just thinking about other pilots that might fit that description.

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Ah, really? That could've waited until an end of the pilot cliffhanger, like Grace Park in Battlestar Galactica.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Return to V Spoilers