[Official] Vampire Diaries - S2 - Spoilers and Speculation

Spoiler discussion for 'The Vampire Diaries'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: [Official] Vampire Diaries - S2 - Spoilers and Speculati

Postby Joel Leo J on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:31 pm

Latest from from Tv guide

If The Vampire Diaries is supposed to suffer from a second-season curse, someone forgot to send the supernatural romance the memo. Feeding the public's continuing thirst for vampire love, lust and blood, Season 2's ratings have been steady and fan frenzy has multiplied. The CW's highest-rated series' place in the TV firmament was cemented when Nina Dobrev, who plays long-suffering teen heroine Elena Gilbert (plus her evil vamp doppelgänger, Katherine Pierce), was chosen for Jimmy Fallon's buzzy Emmy opening number. "We're definitely not in a sophomore slump," says exec producer Kevin Williamson. "The actors are still so enthusiastic."

That excitement is palpable as they shoot their biggest episode yet. Dozens of extras dressed in formal wear and masks pose as partygoers at a massive mansion just outside
of Atlanta. And when there's a party in Mystic Falls, it's a safe bet that someone — or something — will die. More than one in this case, promises Williamson. "This episode is a fun, eventful, scary, Halloween-week thriller," he says. "There will be a bloodbath."

First though, it's time to cue the music as couples twirl around the dance floor. Vamp Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley) has a fetching woman in his arms. But it isn't his high-school human love, Elena. Family drama has kept her at home and in her place is look-alike Katherine, the 500-year-old vamp bitch who seduced then turned both Stefan and his brother, Damon (Ian Somerhalder), into bloodsuckers 146 years ago. Tonight, for her usual wicked reasons, Katherine is impersonating Elena, and Stefan must keep up the charade.

The masquerade ball is a handy metaphor for "the masks we wear in life," says Williamson, who flew in from Los Angeles to watch over the night's filming. "Katherine always plays games, she's always wearing masks. And at the party, when she's alone with both Stefan and Damon for the first time since she's come back to town, Katherine rips the masks off their faces."

When Katherine is frustrated, though, she can rip off more than just a mask. And these days, she is very frustrated. The power-hungry vamp is on a quest to get back the now-missing moonstone that her werewolf lover Mason Lockwood (Taylor Kinney) had obtained for her.

Just how much Katherine wants the mysterious stone is evident in a scene filmed earlier in which she nearly throttles Caroline (Candice Accola), the perky cheerleader she recently turned. "What are Stefan and Damon up to? Who has the moonstone? Don't lie to me, Caroline," she says as she chokes the fledgling vampire. Accola, her neck still red, says Dobrev plays her evil double role all too well. "When you see her coming it's 'Oh, man, that's Katherine! Something's gonna happen.' That shows just how incredible an actress Nina is," she says before leaving for more punishment.

"You're used to seeing Nina as Elena, this sweet, caring teenager," adds Somerhalder. "Cut to an hour later and you're getting this little temptress — sexy, sadistic and manipulative," he says. "Did I mention sexy?"

The sexy — and powerful — Katherine is at her bloody worst this week. "However horrible we thought Katherine was before, that was just her nice side!" teases Dobrev. "Now that Stefan's rejected her, she has no ties to the town anymore, so she'll do anything and everything. She doesn't care who she kills. Even if it's in front of a room of people. There's almost no way to stop her."
Last edited by Joel Leo J on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby charliefan4life on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:36 pm

So good you posted twice.:P

Thank you DarthLocke for the delicious sig!

Ian Somerhalder is my destiny!

I love you in a place where there's no space or time...
charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:42 am

Lol, ooops :blush:

It can be quite hard to do certain things on forums on am iPad...,,copy and pasting and adding any kind of quotes being among them lol. What would of took a 30 second job on my PC took close to 3 minutes on my iPad...

When I get on my laptop I shall edit it unless a mod wants too.

And Charlie, I think it wad good enough to post twice :whistle: :rofl:
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby charliefan4life on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:01 am

I'm wondering about that "rips the masks off their faces" part. Is she going to clue the town into the fact that vampires live amongst them?

charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Maybe she does, but what would happen with the secret council?

I'm worried with all this 'bloodshed' how safe is Caroline :S please dont pull a Vicky :(
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby charliefan4life on Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:09 am

They haven't really shown the council this season and with the sheriff knowing about Caroline that could be tricky. Or did Damon erase her memory of that? I guess he would have had to. I don't think Caroline's going to die. I wasn't a fan of hers but she seems to be more tolerable since they turned her. :P Or maybe I just feel bad about how her mom treated her. I'd be okay with Bonnie going with the way she's been acting but that's definitely not going to happen.

charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby kadeskiss on Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:11 am

by charliefan4life on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:01 pm
I'm wondering about that "rips the masks off their faces" part. Is she going to clue the town into the fact that vampires live amongst them?

Katherine will do something (re: kill someone) that will expose both Damon and Stefan as vampires. If she kills someone in front of them, the bloodshed will likely make them vamp out.

charliefan4life wrote:They haven't really shown the council this season and with the sheriff knowing about Caroline that could be tricky. Or did Damon erase her memory of that? I guess he would have had to. I don't think Caroline's going to die. I wasn't a fan of hers but she seems to be more tolerable since they turned her. :P Or maybe I just feel bad about how her mom treated her. I'd be okay with Bonnie going with the way she's been acting but that's definitely not going to happen.

I would hate if Caroline was to die. She the only female vampire on the show who is not evil. I doubt they would kill off Bonnie since she seem to be the only resident witch in town, unless they bring in a new witch. ( Hmm, Who did Isobel daylight ring?).
kadeskiss
Viewer

Postby Joel Leo J on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:49 pm

I know but with Rose the sexy new, well very old vamps coming in soon, do they need caroline?

Very sexy pic of our vamps :thumbup: v

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/vampir ... ional.html

1. Katherine's Master Plan Is About to Erupt: "That all explodes, all that information, over the next four episodes," Julie Plec tells us. "By the time we hit Thanksgiving, you're going to know a good chunk of it, if not most of it."

2. Katherine Is Way Older Than She Looks: According to Plec and her fellow executive producer, Kevin Williamson, episode 209 is packed with flashbacks to Bulgaria circa 1492 that show us what really makes that diabolical diva tick. But we won't be seeing Katherine before she was a vampire, nor will we meet her maker.

"We go back in time and show a lot about how Katherine came to be who she is," Williamson says. "We answer a lot of questions basically. Because I think everyone's interested in the doppelgänger or how did the line continue. And she's a Petrova–we get into the Petrova line of it all...We show how she started, where she went, why they wanted her, why she was necessary to the story of the vampires."

As for meeting the man or woman who turned Katherine into a bloodsucker, Williamson says not yet, but "we'll probably go down that road eventually."

3. Elena Won't Be Turning Into a Vampire…Yet: Unlike the books, our heroine won't become joining Stefan and Damon in their aversion to vervain anytime in the immediate future, but she may eventually. "We have a pitch for that, but it won't be this year," Williamson offers.

4. Jeremy Is Getting a New Love, and It Could be Caroline. Or Bonnie. Or… "You can expect a dabble with a capital D," Plec says of Jeremy's romantic future. "Could possibly be somebody that we already know."

And he's not the only one—both Bonnie and Damon will be getting some action as well. Of course, Kat Graham and Williamson were a little less forthcoming on the topic—they offered a "yeah" and "yes," respectively—and no one's saying where or not that action will be together (we can hope) or otherwise.

5. Things Are About to Get Way Sticky for Bonnie: "When you develop anything, there's a positive to it and a negative to it," Graham teases. "You'll be able to see both sides of that."

"She's coming into her own, and she's learning how to be a witch and how to be a strong witch, but we're also showing that there are some weaknesses involved and she's got to be careful," Williamson says. "She doesn't really know. She doesn't have master Grams anymore to teach her anything. She's on her own. She's got that Grimwar, she can do stuff, but there's a price that she has to pay."

6. Jeremy Is About to Become a Scooby: After recognizing that Elena is the only real family he's got—for better or for worse—and hanging out with Taylor Lockwood, Jeremy is ready to join the fight against whomever is going to threaten his sister's life. And, to make him a little more appealing to Damon and company, he's got all that scoop on the werewolves to share.

"Rather than letting all this stuff happen to him, he's gonna say 'F--k that and I'm going to take control and I'm going to help out in this whole thing," Steven R. McQueen tells us.

And that new attitude will kick off this week's episode, Julie Plec says.

"He really shows up," she explains. "Scene one, he knocks on Damon's door and Damon's like, 'What are you doing here?' And Jeremy's like, 'I have information and I'm ready to share.' And Damon's like, 'And shut the door in your face.' It's very cute to see. It's like this kid who suddenly is feeling more like a man."

7. Alaric May be Safe… for Now: "Kevin and I both feel so strongly that that character is a man," Plec explains. "He's got a maturity. He's got gravitas. He's a really important character to have on the show and, because his own personal journey kind of arced out with Isabelle's storyline at the end of last season, we're just biding our time and waiting for the moment to start his new journey. And we've promised him that it will happen and we can't wait to get into it."

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/vampir ... z12zfgGP8y
Thanks for linking back. It really helps our site. Please leave the above link in.
sounds good dont it!!!!! :thumbup:
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby LOSTMeggy on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Sounds awesome, I can't wait!!!!! I'm most excited for Katherine's backstory! I need to to know how she became so perfectly evil...
"I've missed you so much..."
LOSTMeggy
Stunt Double

Postby Joel Leo J on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Yeah me too, can't wait to hear about Katherine and her maker etc, but that probably won't come until closer to the finale maybe....but still cannot wait :thumbsup:
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby charliefan4life on Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:50 am

The Vampire Diaries - Episode 2.09 - Katerina - Synopsis

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 11

“THE VAMPIRE DIARIES” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)
“Katerina” (CONTENT RATING TBD) (HDTV)

KATHERINE’S PAST IS REVEALED — Elena (Nina Dobrev) puts herself in a dangerous position as she searches for the truth about Katherine’s past and what her own future may hold. Knowing that Stefan (Paul Wesley) would never agree to her plan, Elena swears Caroline (Candica Accola) to secrecy. Damon (Ian Somerhalder) uses a new-found confidant to help him try to discover the real purpose and power of the moonstone. Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) and Bonnie (Katerina Graham) meet Luka (guest star Bryton James), a new student with a surprising family history. J. Miller Tobin directed the episode written by Andrew Chambliss (##209).

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/vampire-diaries-episode-209-katerina.html

charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:33 am

So why do we think katherine needs/ wants a werewolf for? Do they taste nice? Like erm, fairy blood :whistle:

Short promo :thumbup:
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby charliefan4life on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:26 am

Maybe she wants to start a bloodbath and take out all of Mystic Falls. Whatever it is, we know it isn't good.

The Vampire Diaries – Episode 2.07 – Masquerade – Promo 2

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/vampire-diaries-episode-207-masquerade_9334.html

charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby charliefan4life on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:50 am

The Vampire Diaries – Episode 2.07 – Masquerade – Sneak Peek

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/vampire-diaries-episode-207-masquerade_6004.html

charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:32 am

Meri in Utah: Any dish on The Vampire Diaries?
You know how Katherine likes to pretend she's Elena, just for kicks? Well, Elena's about to take a page from her doppelgänger's book. She pretends to be Katherine in an upcoming ep.

Monica: Any chance Mason will be back on Vampire Diaries?
I'd bet my favorite moonstone he won't. I'm told the death will stick.

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/latest ... z13SYgaNQu
Thanks for linking back. It really helps our site. Please leave the above link in.

VEry cool, I'm so grateful for this show right now, some of the main stream shows should take note, and use TVD as an example of how to write a top quality show.. :roll: :thumbsup:
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to The Vampire Diaries Spoilers