[Official] The Event - S1 - Spoilers and Speculation

Spoiler discussion for 'The Event'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: [Official] The Event - S1 - Spoilers and Speculation

Postby Finli Otego on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:16 pm

Iceman815 wrote:
b3rt4 wrote:The Event? JJ Abrams? I think you got the wrong show.

MAJOR SPOILER

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/event- ... asion.html

well I think I'm already done with the show...

Yep. lol

I second that "yep".

One show with that is enough.

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Two Sides on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:37 pm

But since i have got used to the spoiler my reaction has been a little more tame

But in all seriousness, i will still watch it and i will still carry out my duties as show expert. Could still be awesome. :thumbup:
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby beresford on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:02 am

I am a bit curious as to what that trailler is that makes you say you're done with the show, but I don't feel like watching it and spoiling myself...Hm :S :S :cry: :cry:
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby Two Sides on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:06 am

beresford wrote:I am a bit curious as to what that trailler is that makes you say you're done with the show, but I don't feel like watching it and spoiling myself...Hm :S :S :cry: :cry:

What it is, is that the latest spoiler is what the event actually is!! :O :O just not so impressive :lol: :(
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby beresford on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:13 am

Two Sides wrote:
beresford wrote:I am a bit curious as to what that trailler is that makes you say you're done with the show, but I don't feel like watching it and spoiling myself...Hm :S :S :cry: :cry:

What it is, is that the latest spoiler is what the event actually is!! :O :O just not so impressive :lol: :(

Ok, definetely not watching!

(The spoilers, I will still watch the show because I trust Two Sides :PP )
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby Two Sides on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:14 am

beresford wrote:
Two Sides wrote:

Ok, definetely not watching!

(The spoilers, I will still watch the show because I trust Two Sides :PP )

Its not a video, its just a sentence saying what The Event is :lol:

Nice one Beres :wub: :wub:
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby beresford on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:16 am

Still not reading it then :PP

Always brotha :D

beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby gpatrick on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:42 am

Oops my mistake. J.J. Abrams is not doing "The event"
gpatrick
Viewer

Postby Two Sides on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:08 pm

Episode 1.02 Title Revealed

Nick Wauters reveals on Twitter that Episode 2 will be named 'To Keep Us Safe'

Read More: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/event- ... -safe.html

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Two New Promo's!

Follow the link for the videos!and they're goooooooooooood!

Source: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/event- ... romos.html
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby DestinyFound on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:48 pm

A quote from the promo above: "Takes place of LOST"

Words cannot describe the frustration I felt when I saw that
but it is ok, because that was just a fan quote
Show Expert for Glee and The Office
DestinyFound
Show Expert

I May Have Figured Out "The Event"

Postby CommonSenseCool on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:37 am

Hello,

I know I'm a newbie, but after reading all the various material, seeing all the various clips and reading various theories about "The Event" I think I've figured out part of the mythology.

Ok, so it's a mystery with science fiction elements. The show creators claim that the story took several years to develop and they even have a solid mythology bible "which keeps them from flash forward or lost territory". It's amazing how writers of these shows never plan for the future, then when their project becomes a hit they start pulling story ideas out of their ass.

Anyway, it's clear that "The Event" is something major, with national security ramifications, which we are to believe by all the promos that have been playing for the show, I mean President Blair "LA Law" Underwood seems to be playing the part in a tense, but curious fashion. That means that the secret of "The Event" falls into 3 specific ideas.

The first of course is alien invasion from another world, but if we are to believe all the plot points that have surfaced then this would be a poor choice. We have seen this before "Alien Nation", "Stargate" and to some extent "Dr. Who" have all exhausted this storyline. Sure they could add a new wrinkle, but in the end been there, done that.

Second, comes the eventual storyline of time travel, which after the whole "flash forward" debacle, I'm guessing that would be a tricky thing to pull off. Though, if they didn't stretch out the whole secret, it could work, but to be honest I might pass on anything remotely tied to time travel.

Third, is the always entertaining supernatural angle. Personally, I'm a bit vampired, werewolf'd and apocalyps'd out right now. Though I did think that maybe some came up with an idea where Noah's ark is discovered and we find out that the ark is really a space ship with the remaining Survivor's of a dying world. Or better yet, what if some portal from a dimension has opened and these similar looking beings are angelic or demonic like and they poise a great danger to the planet.

However, when you really look hard at all the information, you realize that "The Event" is none of these reasonable story-lines, but a combination of several elements. Remember: 1) National Security situation with secret prisoners (they are not referred to as beings or individuals), 2) A hero with a missing girlfriend who seems to completely disappear and 3) Something if the general public finds out would scare the crap out of everyone.

Everyone is making the assumption that this show is taking place during our time-line (present day). What if everything we are watching in the show is from a parallel earth from an altered time-line. The show is being told by the point of view of the other side. Everything we see is not from the perspective of us as a viewer, because it's the prisoners who are from our world before the time-line change. I know you are probably thinking, that's sort of like "Fringe", but it would be different if the changes were so slight that no one could tell. In "Fringe", you got some pretty freaky differences going on, plus that show is being told by our side against the invaders from another world, not altered time-line.

Think about it, you have scientist's (clearly a perfect Laura Innes role) whose experiment causes a slight shift in the time-line and have been stuck in the new time-line with the knowledge of that everything has changed.They try to change things back, get caught and the authorities keep them as prisoners. Why? well even if you don't believe them, there is always the chance that they are telling the truth. Would you let these people go back and fix things with the time-line, knowing that your entire existence might be wiped out.

So that's my guess, "The Event" is about an altered time-line of our earth, but the show is being told by the perceptive of those living in the new time-line. Tell me if you agree or if you think I'm off base.

Thank for reading...
CommonSenseCool
Viewer

Postby DarkUFO on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:42 am

Welcome to the Forums CommonSenseCool. Great first post.
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Two Sides on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:56 am

Awesome first post indeed! Nice one CommonSensrCool! Enjoyed the read, I am always skeptical with things like alt universes etc or different timelines but Fringe handled it very well so I see know reason as to why the writers of this show can't make it work.
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby CommonSenseCool on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:04 pm

Glad you enjoyed the post. I always like to get in the ground floor so to speak of a show like "The Event", to see if my ideas bear out. As a writer, I try to get into the mind of the show creators as well as understand the the reality of putting a science fiction program on network television. I can still remember the pains of Star Trek: TNG almost canceled if not for syndication. Anyway, thanks I hope to continue to add my thoughts in the future.
CommonSenseCool
Viewer

Postby DarkUFO on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:08 pm

CommonSenseCool wrote:Glad you enjoyed the post. I always like to get in the ground floor so to speak of a show like "The Event", to see if my ideas bear out. As a writer, I try to get into the mind of the show creators as well as understand the the reality of putting a science fiction program on network television. I can still remember the pains of Star Trek: TNG almost canceled if not for syndication. Anyway, thanks I hope to continue to add my thoughts in the future.

Please do, and if you want to write recaps/reviews for the main site (spoilertv.com) about the event, let me know.

PM me or email me direct at darkufo@spoilertv.com
DarkUFO
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Event Spoilers