little moments of awesome.

General discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: little moments of awesome.

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:32 pm

When Sawyer tells Jack about his meeting his father and how Christian said he wished he could pick up the phone and call his son (Jack).
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Joshette on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:54 pm

When Michael sees a naked Sun and says "I didn't see anything" :rofl:
James Ford: FINISH IT!!!
Joshette
Supporting Actor

Postby king-eclectic on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi all....

I only signed up so i could add this:

The moment in Season 5 when Young Widmore is back at the camp after escaping and he says something like "You think he can track me? He's just an old man!"

Cut to John watching him from just up the hill....

Awesome
king-eclectic
Viewer

Postby Two Sides on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:00 pm

king-eclectic wrote:Hi all....

The moment in Season 5 when Young Widmore is back at the camp after escaping and he says something like "You think he can track me? He's just an old man!"

Awesome

Welcome!!! And what a great opening post!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
How could i forget that but!! i was screeching when i first saw that! :lol: I loved Jughead.
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby lostfan5007 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:01 pm

king-eclectic wrote:Hi all....

Awesome

Welcome :)

I haver another one:

"You want your damn 30 dollars back, I WANT MY KIDNEY BACK"

charliefan4life wrote:Lostfan is the sweetest, kindest, most-amazing, all-around great guy in the history of the world! :wub: :wub:
lostfan5007
Emmy Winner

Postby LittleMissAngel on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:21 am

Hurley trying to help Charlie catch a fish. Charlie goes flying face first into the water :rofl:
"No matter how much time you spend on the island, you just never get tired of this view."
LittleMissAngel
Viewer

Postby jacobthesnakob on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:01 am

Jin giving Hurley the thumbs up in Two for the Road.
jacobthesnakob
Viewer

Postby lostfan5007 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:01 am

Jin screaming "HURRRRRRLEEEEEYYY" in Tricia Tanaka is dead.

charliefan4life wrote:Lostfan is the sweetest, kindest, most-amazing, all-around great guy in the history of the world! :wub: :wub:
lostfan5007
Emmy Winner

Postby SLJCOAAATR on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:11 am

Hurley and Miles discussing time-travel in Whatever Happened, Happened.

Frogurt's "We need fire-"*Shot by flaming arrow* ironic death.

Nikki opening her eyes as she is buried alive.
Leave it as SLJ or Pancakes.
SLJCOAAATR
Supporting Actor

Postby FickleBitch on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:15 am

Sawyer reads to Aaron. Aaron likes to hear Sawyer's voice. :lol:
FickleBitch
Guest Star

Postby BirdyMan on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:10 am

When Sawyer gives a reference to Lord of the flies and threatens Jin, in the episode "...In Translation". I really like the camera work in that scene.

Bloody big thanks to my sistha Magic Box for making the avatar and the userbar! :D :wub:
And a bloody big thanks to brotha Two Sides for the signature! :D
BirdyMan
Supporting Actor

Postby Woongo on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:23 am

BirdyMan wrote:When Sawyer gives a reference to Lord of the flies and threatens Jin, in the episode "...In Translation". I really like the camera work in that scene.

Speaking about camerawork... In TMBTC, I love how camera pans out from the DHARMA mass grave :)
"No use in having rules if there's no punishment for breaking them." - Locke

Thanks to Devil's Arcade for the signature!

Woongo
Supporting Actor

Postby vader182 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:30 am

Lockes disciple wrote:
vader182 wrote:
Lockes disciple wrote:The reveal of Daniel Faraday's notebook saying, "If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be my constant."

I never understood why fans liked that reveal so much. Many of my friends meant that Faraday was in love with Desmond :|

The reason why I liked that reveal so much is because of the implications it has in "Because You Left" when Faraday knocks on the hatch door and met with Desmond. He told Sawyer the past couldn't be changed. But then he referred to his journal and it prompted him to attempt to try and make contact with Desmond anyway, and it worked. So my opinion is that, that encounter WAS in fact changing the past. Because Desmond had established a contact with Faraday in "The Constant", this (somehow) allowed for Faraday to be able to change the past via contact with Desmond. Only their connection could allow for that change.

Faraday stated nothing in the past could be changed, they would fail every time if they tried. So when Sawyer knocked on the door thats what happened: failure to change = whatever happened, happened. However, when Faraday knocked on the door alone he was able to change the past and make contact with Desmond. This in turn is why Desmond "suddenly" had a memory of the encounter on the boat with Penny. Faraday had somehow changed the past and caused that to happen.

Admittedly the concept is confusing and illogical because, as Penny stated, why did Desmond suddenly have the memory then? Even if the past was changed he should've had the memory long before then. But what I think the writers were trying to show was that Desmond and Faraday's link was "uniquely special" and hence together they had the ability to change things. The only way to convey that concept is to have Desmond suddenly "remember" just after the scene when Faraday tells him something.

So this is what validates the possibility of the Jughead reset. This reveal was the first hint that perhaps you CAN go back in time and change things. It foreshadowed what happened in "Because You Left" which is what set up the idea of the Jughead reset plan. Faraday came back from Ann Arbor, confident he could change the past (probably) mostly having to do with the fact that after Desmond visited him in Oxford he wrote in his journal Desmond was his constant. Desmond had told Faraday he was from the future and was changing things, which was proven by the passed information about the machine and the successful outcome of the rat thru the maze experiment.

Thanks for the response, it makes sense to me now, actually. That's seriously really neat and I hadn't thought of it, really glad you typed that all out for me. :thumbsup:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
We will be found in the end. 5.23.10

My theory that explains the whole show: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19711&hilit=the+light+side+of+the+force
sXe
vader182
Emmy Nominee

Postby king-eclectic on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Another one of my favorites is Ben in S4 giving 2 guys in the desert an ass-kicking:

"Oh, so you DO speak English?"

WHACK!
king-eclectic
Viewer

Postby LittleMissAngel on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:08 am

king-eclectic wrote:Another one of my favorites is Ben in S4 giving 2 guys in the desert an ass-kicking:

"Oh, so you DO speak English?"

WHACK!

Oh man, that's definitely my favourite badass Ben moment. Every time he wields that baton, he means business.

Another moment of awesome, Ben scaring Hurley in his house, causing Hurley to throw a hotpocket at the wall. Ben's expression afterward is classic :P
"No matter how much time you spend on the island, you just never get tired of this view."
LittleMissAngel
Viewer

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Discussion [No spoilers!]