little moments of awesome.

General discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: little moments of awesome.

Postby DharmaFlashes08 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:30 am

Little moments of awesome? Lost is full of those!

-Ben's face when Jack tells him he picked up Sayid in "The Lie". AND commercial.

-Jack's stumble when walking away from the plane wreckage in "Pilot". I love that.

-Cheap Trick's "Dream Police" playing in the background after Hurley has a run-in with Ghost Ana-Lucia, also in "The Lie".

-When Desmond says "You're John Locke" and it shows MIB's sinister expression.. that was "Everybody Loves Hugo", I believe.

-Jack's final laugh/cry when Ajira leaves the island in "The End".. that is my all-time favorite Jack expression.

-Like in the bloopers, Charlie's sloppy running through the jungle away from Smokey in "Pilot".

-Richard's laugh in "Ab Aeterno".

-Hurley hugging Rousseau in "Numbers".

-I always loved Juliet looking down the barrel of her gun in "LaFleur" after she shoots the hostile/Other. What a badass.

-Whenever Locke raises his hands to the sky when it rains.

-Whenever Jack is really fussy..

-Ben's total revenge look after Keamy kills Alex.. closing the door on Sawyer and then coming out all dirty. He was on a mission.
DharmaFlashes08
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby BirdyMan on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:54 am

Maybe someone have said it, but when Locke smiles with the orange in his mouth in "Pilot". Just awesome. :D

Another cool moment is when Locke and Boone find "goldie" and all his things he have on himself. (Deus Ex Machina)

And when they take all guns in "The Beginning of The End" which is lying on the table, when Sayid throws Sawyer the big rifle and so on. Then we know some action is about to happen. :D ...which it doesn't... :(

And when Hurley does the "cannon ball" (The Beginning of The End)

The scene where Keamy and co. attack the dharma barracks and Sawyer runs to get Claire and he asks a redshirt who gets shot, and then another redshirt gets shot, and then another lol. (The Shape of things To Come)

There is a lot of these scenes. :D

Bloody big thanks to my sistha Magic Box for making the avatar and the userbar! :D :wub:
And a bloody big thanks to brotha Two Sides for the signature! :D
BirdyMan
Supporting Actor

Postby king-eclectic on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:55 am

LittleMissAngel wrote:
king-eclectic wrote:Another one of my favorites is Ben in S4 giving 2 guys in the desert an ass-kicking:

"Oh, so you DO speak English?"

WHACK!

Oh man, that's definitely my favourite badass Ben moment. Every time he wields that baton, he means business.

Another moment of awesome, Ben scaring Hurley in his house, causing Hurley to throw a hotpocket at the wall. Ben's expression afterward is classic :P

That was great. I was gonna mention that one too!

I also liked the scene in Shape of Things to Come where Ben pulls out the sawn-off shotgun from the piano chair. Sawyers face is hilarious!

Then Ben throws it to him...
king-eclectic
Viewer

Postby Joshette on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:40 pm

I also liked the scene in Shape of Things to Come where Ben pulls out the sawn-off shotgun from the piano chair. Sawyers face is hilarious!

Then Ben throws it to him...[/quote]

I love that scene too :rofl:

I also love the expression on Miles' face in "Some Like It Hoth" when Pierre says he likes country music :D
James Ford: FINISH IT!!!
Joshette
Supporting Actor

Postby lostfan5007 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:51 pm

When Ben tells "Scuse me James" in the sha[e of things to come. Hilarious :rofl: :rofl:

charliefan4life wrote:Lostfan is the sweetest, kindest, most-amazing, all-around great guy in the history of the world! :wub: :wub:
lostfan5007
Emmy Winner

Postby Joshette on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:30 pm

If bloopers and behind-the-scenes stuff count:

In the bloopers for season 4 Josh says to Terry with a pleading look on his face, "wanna play some backgammon? Please baby!"

In the He's Our You section of "Lost On Location" season 5 dvd, Josh deliberately messes up the burning bus scene. The look on the actress's face when he says "Erin, does this make me look fat?" is hilarious. I noticed that she didn't answer the question :D
James Ford: FINISH IT!!!
Joshette
Supporting Actor

Postby Woongo on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:59 pm

Joshette wrote:If bloopers and behind-the-scenes stuff count:

In the bloopers for season 4 Josh says to Terry with a pleading look on his face, "wanna play some backgammon? Please baby!"

In the He's Our You section of "Lost On Location" season 5 dvd, Josh deliberately messes up the burning bus scene. The look on the actress's face when he says "Erin, does this make me look fat?" is hilarious. I noticed that she didn't answer the question :D

On season 4 bloopers there is an awesome scene of Henry Ian Cusick and Daniel Dae Kim running towards the camera, screaming like little girls :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYQKbD2V3es
"No use in having rules if there's no punishment for breaking them." - Locke

Thanks to Devil's Arcade for the signature!

Woongo
Supporting Actor

Postby FickleBitch on Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:06 am

Juliet sees Jack on the monitor and tells he's cute just to provoke Ben.

Ben tells Juliet he's going to convince Jack the same way he gets anybody to do anything, exploiting what they're emotionally invested in. He tells such a thing just to provoke Juliet.

Awesome.
FickleBitch
Guest Star

Postby thedemonhog on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:21 am

Various moments of humour in "The Substitute":

ILANA: Does anyone want to say anything? Didn't any of you know him?

BEN: Alright, I know him. John Locke was a... a believer, he was a man of faith, he was.. a much better man than I will ever be. And I'm very sorry I murdered him.

LAPIDUS: Weirdest damn funeral I've ever been to.

SAWYER: The hell's that all about?

LOCKE: Inside joke.

LOCKE: Alright, everyone, please open your textbooks to chapter four. Today, we are going to talk about the human reproductive system.
Counting down the fifty greatest single-episode acting performances of Lost: viewtopic.php?f=147&t=20666
thedemonhog
Guest Star

Postby Gary Troup on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:17 pm

Not sure if these have already been, but:

JULIET: We were building a runway.

SAWYER: Runway, for what?

JULIET: [Turns to him] The aliens.

:rofl:

JACK: [Sighs, to Ben] How can you read?

BEN: My mother taught me

:rofl: :rofl:

EKO: Charlie, do you know how they got the Hatch door open?

CHARLIE: No, but if you hum it, I could probably play it.

:rofl: :rofl:
Gary Troup
Star Billing

Postby anoirtac on Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:50 pm

S01 E03 - Last frame of the episode, when the camera circles around Locke who is watching the guys on the beach. I remember thinking - Jaysus, what's with this guy!! :scared:
"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."
anoirtac
Extra

Postby BirdyMan on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:14 pm

anoirtac wrote:S01 E03 - Last frame of the episode, when the camera circles around Locke who is watching the guys on the beach. I remember thinking - Jaysus, what's with this guy!! :scared:

Haha, yeah. But I still don't get that moment? Why would they put so sinister music on Locke? Maybe it worked the first time to make us react on him and think there's something bad with him. But when rewatching the scene it make no sense. :O

Bloody big thanks to my sistha Magic Box for making the avatar and the userbar! :D :wub:
And a bloody big thanks to brotha Two Sides for the signature! :D
BirdyMan
Supporting Actor

Postby Choekaas on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:31 pm

BirdyMan wrote:
anoirtac wrote:S01 E03 - Last frame of the episode, when the camera circles around Locke who is watching the guys on the beach. I remember thinking - Jaysus, what's with this guy!! :scared:

Haha, yeah. But I still don't get that moment? Why would they put so sinister music on Locke? Maybe it worked the first time to make us react on him and think there's something bad with him. But when rewatching the scene it make no sense. :O

Foreshadowing on him ending up as the monster? I love all the foreshadowings of Locke being evil (like in Claire's dream).

And his look, it reminds me of several of Flocke's looks in season 6.

It even sounds like the monster at 4:10

Choekaas
Stunt Double

Postby Woongo on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:46 pm

BirdyMan wrote:

Michael Giacchino knew nothing about Locke when he created that music, so he just assumed it was supposed to be a creepy scene, while actually it only showed Locke at the end of the episode because next ep. was his centric. :)
That's my theory.
"No use in having rules if there's no punishment for breaking them." - Locke

Thanks to Devil's Arcade for the signature!

Woongo
Supporting Actor

Postby TheManInBlack23 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:24 pm

Woongo wrote:
BirdyMan wrote:

Michael Giacchino knew nothing about Locke when he created that music, so he just assumed it was supposed to be a creepy scene, while actually it only showed Locke at the end of the episode because next ep. was his centric. :)
That's my theory.

Also right at the end of that shot on Locke there's a sort of gurgling noise which sounds a lot like the Smoke monster. Coincidence? Or major foreshadowing?
"He smiles. The plane is gone, finally free of the island. Jack Shephard has done what he came to this place to do. He has found his purpose. He has found love. And been loved. And he has finally found a way to love himself. The bamboo sways across the blue sky. And Jack Shephard's eye closes one final time. He is gone."

TheManInBlack23
Stunt Double

Location: I am tied to a tree in a jungle of mystery A.K.A. Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Discussion [No spoilers!]