little moments of awesome.

General discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: little moments of awesome.

Postby BirdyMan on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:26 pm

TheManInBlack23 wrote:
Woongo wrote:
BirdyMan wrote:
anoirtac wrote:S01 E03 - Last frame of the episode, when the camera circles around Locke who is watching the guys on the beach. I remember thinking - Jaysus, what's with this guy!! :scared:

Haha, yeah. But I still don't get that moment? Why would they put so sinister music on Locke? Maybe it worked the first time to make us react on him and think there's something bad with him. But when rewatching the scene it make no sense. :O

Michael Giacchino knew nothing about Locke when he created that music, so he just assumed it was supposed to be a creepy scene, while actually it only showed Locke at the end of the episode because next ep. was his centric. :)
That's my theory.

Also right at the end of that shot on Locke there's a sort of gurgling noise which sounds a lot like the Smoke monster. Coincidence? Or major foreshadowing?

I think coincidence, because I don't think that they knew what they were doing with the monster, and that locke would become it. I'm not even sure if they knew what the monster was back then. Because for me it feelt like it were doing stomping noices and such, which it doesn't do later in the series.

Bloody big thanks to my sistha Magic Box for making the avatar and the userbar! :D :wub:
And a bloody big thanks to brotha Two Sides for the signature! :D
BirdyMan
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby TheManInBlack23 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:33 pm

BirdyMan wrote:
TheManInBlack23 wrote:
Woongo wrote:
BirdyMan wrote:
anoirtac wrote:S01 E03 - Last frame of the episode, when the camera circles around Locke who is watching the guys on the beach. I remember thinking - Jaysus, what's with this guy!! :scared:

Haha, yeah. But I still don't get that moment? Why would they put so sinister music on Locke? Maybe it worked the first time to make us react on him and think there's something bad with him. But when rewatching the scene it make no sense. :O

Michael Giacchino knew nothing about Locke when he created that music, so he just assumed it was supposed to be a creepy scene, while actually it only showed Locke at the end of the episode because next ep. was his centric. :)
That's my theory.

Also right at the end of that shot on Locke there's a sort of gurgling noise which sounds a lot like the Smoke monster. Coincidence? Or major foreshadowing?

I think coincidence, because I don't think that they knew what they were doing with the monster, and that locke would become it. I'm not even sure if they knew what the monster was back then. Because for me it feelt like it were doing stomping noices and such, which it doesn't do later in the series.

Yeah, you're probably right. But it is a hell of a coincidence and it's always nice to think that they knew everything from the beginning. Naive, much. :)
"He smiles. The plane is gone, finally free of the island. Jack Shephard has done what he came to this place to do. He has found his purpose. He has found love. And been loved. And he has finally found a way to love himself. The bamboo sways across the blue sky. And Jack Shephard's eye closes one final time. He is gone."

TheManInBlack23
Stunt Double

Location: I am tied to a tree in a jungle of mystery A.K.A. Scotland

Postby anoirtac on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:14 pm

I agree. As the seasons progressed I was of the opinion that the writers hadn't a clue where they were going with the storyline, so it would be nice to think (hope) that this 'look' from Locke was a taster of things to come!! My other thought on the 'look' was that Locke was watching Michael & Walt interact and it brought his memories of his father to mind and all the hate & anger he felt toward him was portrayed to us in that one frame...
"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."
anoirtac
Extra

Postby Rauxcee on Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:09 am

Mine are all mostly Juliet moments, since she's my fav.

-When Kate is being held captive and is going to take Juliet out with the pool cue, and instead Juliet levels her and replies "Enjoy your sandwich"

-When Carl comes to warn everyone at the camp about Juliet, and her snippy remark: "They know Carl, but thanks!" I love how that line is delivered. :rofl:

-Other's 101. Only because I would constantly joke about how they all must have gone through 'Others 101' to become an official other, so to actually here it in an episode was awesome.

-When Kate asks how Juliet's shoulder is after dislocating it. Juliet's answer: "Awesome"

-When Ben just whips out a gun and blows Caesar away.

-Finally in OOU when Juliet completely pwns Sawyer and Sayid, and the face she makes afterwards. Might be my favorite moment of hers.
Rauxcee
Viewer

Postby eXiLeD_AsH on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:35 am

I've got one lol.

In "Confidence Man" when Sayid wakes Sawyer up from sleeping.

Sayid: "Good morning." Then hits him with the gun. Lol, priceless!
"It only ends once, anything before that..is just progress.."
eXiLeD_AsH
Viewer

Postby BirdyMan on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:30 pm

Lol the scene above reminds me of another Sawyer/Sayid moment.

In "Outlaws" when the boar have messed up Sawyer's tent and Sayid is there to taunt him. Love that. "I guess the boar wanted to go camping" :lol:

Bloody big thanks to my sistha Magic Box for making the avatar and the userbar! :D :wub:
And a bloody big thanks to brotha Two Sides for the signature! :D
BirdyMan
Supporting Actor

Postby eXiLeD_AsH on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:04 am

Lol I remember that too haha!
eXiLeD_AsH
Viewer

Postby anoirtac on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:11 pm

I'm almost finished my re-watch of season 1 and there were a couple moment of awesomeness which I wanted to share.
1. Hurley singing 'I feel good' to baby Aaron when Charlie couldn't get him to sleep
2. and on the same theme Sawyer reading a car magazine to keep Aaron from crying.
3. Artz in general and how he spoke to all the campers as if they were in one of his classes!!!
4. and finally...the finale - what amazing episodes! It was all ahead of us and the possibilities for this series were endless and endlessly exciting. :w00t: :w00t:
"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."
anoirtac
Extra

Postby eXiLeD_AsH on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:10 am

Hahaha all of those moments were so fell good happy and priceless! lol especially Arzt!
eXiLeD_AsH
Viewer

Postby RobertoBOZ on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:46 pm

'I need the guns and you don't get to ask me why.'
'Yeah, I do. Watch: Why?'
RobertoBOZ
Viewer

Postby anoirtac on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:15 pm

RobertoBOZ wrote:'I need the guns and you don't get to ask me why.'

Love that Kate/Sawyer moment :w00t:
anoirtac
Extra

Postby eXiLeD_AsH on Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:40 am

^ lol that was really funny!
eXiLeD_AsH
Viewer

Postby Joshette on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:08 pm

RobertoBOZ wrote:'I need the guns and you don't get to ask me why.'

That was funny :rofl:
James Ford: FINISH IT!!!
Joshette
Supporting Actor

Postby Notice on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:34 pm

Rauxcee wrote:Mine are all mostly Juliet moments, since she's my fav.

-When Kate is being held captive and is going to take Juliet out with the pool cue, and instead Juliet levels her and replies "Enjoy your sandwich"

-When Carl comes to warn everyone at the camp about Juliet, and her snippy remark: "They know Carl, but thanks!" I love how that line is delivered. :rofl:

-Other's 101. Only because I would constantly joke about how they all must have gone through 'Others 101' to become an official other, so to actually here it in an episode was awesome.

-When Kate asks how Juliet's shoulder is after dislocating it. Juliet's answer: "Awesome"

-Finally in OOU when Juliet completely pwns Sawyer and Sayid, and the face she makes afterwards. Might be my favorite moment of hers.

I have to agree on all of these scenes :D
It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
Notice
Star Billing

Postby Gary Troup on Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:04 pm

"It's WORK MAN, ya blockhead!"
Gary Troup
Star Billing

Previous

Return to Lost Discussion [No spoilers!]