Lost Box Set

General discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: Lost Box Set

Postby drackodelmal on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:42 pm

does any one know the release date for latin america? and if it will include everything?
drackodelmal
Emmy Nominee

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Two Sides on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:40 pm

PenguinJosh wrote:
Two Sides wrote:I'm pretty bummed about this! I just sold season 1-6 on dvd so i could get the complete collection on Blu-Ray. I'm with Pangy on this. Its **** that we don't get the same one as the US. :cry: I'm about to order :D

-- Merged Double Post --

Actually, can someone explain to me why this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lost-Complete-S ... 309&sr=1-1

is cheaper then this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lost-Complete-S ... _cp_d_h__1

When the 1st one seems to have the extra's where as the 2nd doesnt :S

Because the boring one came out earlier?

Yeah but they are both blu-ray and the cheaper one has all the stuff! O.o makes no sense to me O.o
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Mike369 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:04 am

Thanks for all the information PenguinJosh and the pics. :thumbsup: The box looks pretty good to me
Mike369
Stunt Double

Location: In the Heart of the Island, dammit I'm dead. No wait, I'm Desmond. It's all good.

Postby lockejaw on Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:56 am

Thanks PJ for posting the pics...hope you enjoy your set,when it comes down to it the stunning bluray quality of the seasons is the main thing that counts :)
Having said that...it is totally unacceptable that people outside the US are been charged the same if not more for the far inferior package,not just the 3D map,the solid box, the solid senet board,the biggest difference to me is the individual sleeves each season comes are absolutely beautiful with stunning new artwork for every season !!! Everyone should get the same set,,,how damn hard can it be to roll out a universally acceptable set!!!!!!!
lockejaw
Extra

Postby Joshua on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:33 am

You're all welcome :)

Yeah, the picture quality is stunning :D

This set would be amazing if we didn't know what the US were getting, but alas... :glare:
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby TimTam AU on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:52 am

Still any word for Australia guys?
TimTam AU
Viewer

Postby gimmers3000 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:15 pm

I'm guessing that the American blu ray box set isn't playable over here in the UK? Sorry I really don't want to go through 11 pages worth to check :P
Get up John, You've got work to do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZaaw6wOi1Q Best video ever!

September 22, 2004 - May 23, 2010 R.I.P LOST
gimmers3000
Guest Star

Postby screamie on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:02 pm

I've the same question, the complete BR US boxset, does anyone that order it and live in Europe can tell us if it's region locked or region free or a mix (some region-locked, some region - free)

Thanks very much, I'm belgian and I still can't decide what boxset to buy (but it will be Bluray)
Avi is not mine - all credit to the artist

beresford wrote:By the power invested in my by the supreme Juliet princess, I nominate you screamie the official Juliet queen.

Image - Thanks Heiots !

MY FOUR J : JULIET JACK and JOHN (well and JAMES - the fourth Jusqueteer) !
screamie
Stunt Double

Postby Two Sides on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:49 pm

I emailed Amazon US and Amazon UK a load of times! They said the US version is not available in region 2 and therefore won't play i Europe. They said they had the US Blu ray complete set was Region 1 and Region 0... which is apparently able to play on any DVD player but they wouldn't give me any other info. They also gave me Disney's email but they pretty much played ping pong with me :(

Pangy looked it to it in depth if you guys look back to earlier pages :)
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Joshua on Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Yeah.

US Blu Ray -- Seasons 1,2,5,6 all region free (will play on UK player). Seasons 3+4 region locked to America.

UK Blu Ray - All seasons region free apart from 4 (locked to Europe).
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby gimmers3000 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:17 am

Sweet cheers for that penguinjosh, but could i buy the complete box set? Or is it as two sides says, not sure :S
Get up John, You've got work to do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZaaw6wOi1Q Best video ever!

September 22, 2004 - May 23, 2010 R.I.P LOST
gimmers3000
Guest Star

Postby lockejaw on Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:28 am

gimmers3000 wrote:Sweet cheers for that penguinjosh, but could i buy the complete box set? Or is it as two sides says, not sure :S

Sure,you can buy the complete set but the US set will not play season's 3 and 4 on a UK player,the only way around this is to get a multi-region BDplayer :) After seeing first hand both sets,I would advise anyone contemplating buying the UK set to consider this...the US set is a high quality collectors item put together with a lot of thought and care,the UK set is a flimsy re-box of the 6 seasons individual plastic boxes.... :thumbsdown:
lockejaw
Extra

Postby Two Sides on Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:05 am

Amazon makes my balls ache. I got no idea what the **** they talk about half the time.
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Zarti1 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:11 am

I'm still REALLY curious about my Lost boxset :P I haven't seen pictures from the DVD Premium set at all up until now, so I don't know how it looks like, and even though Disney said we're getting the UK set and not the US, an advertisement has been shown on tv, depicting the US box set... Advertising the wrong product seems a little stupid to me.
Zarti1
Viewer

Postby Mike369 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:41 am

Zarti1 wrote:I'm still REALLY curious about my Lost boxset :P I haven't seen pictures from the DVD Premium set at all up until now, so I don't know how it looks like, and even though Disney said we're getting the UK set and not the US, an advertisement has been shown on tv, depicting the US box set... Advertising the wrong product seems a little stupid to me.

I think it will be pretty similar to PenguinJosh's then [but don't quote me on that :P ], so I hope you'll be happy with it. Who ever created that advertisement should go jump of a cliff :whistle: .
Mike369
Stunt Double

Location: In the Heart of the Island, dammit I'm dead. No wait, I'm Desmond. It's all good.

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Discussion [No spoilers!]