Lost Box Set

General discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: Lost Box Set

Postby Zarti1 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:23 pm

Mike369 wrote:
Zarti1 wrote:I'm still REALLY curious about my Lost boxset :P I haven't seen pictures from the DVD Premium set at all up until now, so I don't know how it looks like, and even though Disney said we're getting the UK set and not the US, an advertisement has been shown on tv, depicting the US box set... Advertising the wrong product seems a little stupid to me.

I think it will be pretty similar to PenguinJosh's then [but don't quote me on that :P ], so I hope you'll be happy with it. Who ever created that advertisement should go jump of a cliff :whistle: .

Well, luckily I don't mind which set I get, but I can imagine a lot of people being angry after pre-ordering the US boxset, only to get something completely different in the end.
Zarti1
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Zarti1 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:33 am

Just one week left until the Premium edition is released in Belgium :) I really hope I get it in the mailbox on the day of release, but honestly, I doubt it. If it doesn't arrive on Wednesday, I won't get it on Thursday either, since it's a holiday. That leaves just Friday. If not then, I'll have to wait till the next week.

Some sources are still claiming we get the American edition in Belgium, but I don't believe that at all :) I'm just curious to see how the UK Premium edition DVD set looks like, cause I've still only seen pictures of the BR. Can't wait till I can begin my Lost rewatch, since I never rewatched the first three seasons of the show. I've seen season 4 and 5 twice, but that's it. I've also only seen season 6 just once, while it was airing this year, so there'll be a lot of stuff in there I forgot as well.
Zarti1
Viewer

Postby Joshua on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:16 am

If Belgium gets the US edition, I'll go nuts :cursing:

Lol :D
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby screamie on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi Zarti ! I'm Belgian too ! I sure wait to see what you will tell about the "premium" edition.

Could you tell me where (on which website) did you order your boxset ? it would be very kind of you !

Thanks !

I'm still waiting to decide what boxset to buy !
Avi is not mine - all credit to the artist

beresford wrote:By the power invested in my by the supreme Juliet princess, I nominate you screamie the official Juliet queen.

Image - Thanks Heiots !

MY FOUR J : JULIET JACK and JOHN (well and JAMES - the fourth Jusqueteer) !
screamie
Stunt Double

Postby Zarti1 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:46 pm

screamie wrote:Hi Zarti ! I'm Belgian too ! I sure wait to see what you will tell about the "premium" edition.

Could you tell me where (on which website) did you order your boxset ? it would be very kind of you !

Thanks !

I'm still waiting to decide what boxset to buy !

Hi :)

I ordered my DVD premium edition at www.fnac.be. Just type in "superset" in the search grid, and you'll see it. It's 11 euros cheaper than on www.freerecordshop.be.

Between which boxes are you having doubts? Are you thinking of buying the American box, or are you just considering buying the standard Belgian boxset?

Anyway, some guys at free record shop (mostly just clerks), are still claiming we get the American version, but Disney told me we'll get the UK Dvd premium edition. I'd say there's a 99% chance we get the UK version though. I'm hoping that it will arrive in my mailbox on the day of the release, but I'm having a lot of doubts about that. As soon as it arrives, I'll upload some pictures. Cause for some reason, I've seen numerous pictures of the UK Premium edition on Blu-Ray, but not a single picture from the UK premium edition on DVD. It's quite annoying :p
Zarti1
Viewer

Postby screamie on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:46 am

Thanks Zarti for the info ! I've checked on fnac.be but unfortunately, I'm looking for a blu-ray boxset, and the one you mentionned is the dvd one. But still, I'm looking forward to have your impression about it !

I hesitate between two ideas : My first idea is to buy the US boxset and then buy again season 3 and 4 (which won't be read be on my european bluray player) in french edition. My second is to simply buy the "regular" edition (belgian or french), and to settle with an ugly boxset lol.

Can't choose for now. I need a little more time to wrap my mind.

But anyway, thanks again for all your kind explanations

beresford wrote:By the power invested in my by the supreme Juliet princess, I nominate you screamie the official Juliet queen.

Image - Thanks Heiots !

screamie
Stunt Double

Postby RobertoBOZ on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:29 am

Just buy a small region-free bluray player. I have bought one myself(live in the Netherlands).

The ambiance amb-1026 is region-free and only costs about 70 euros. It works perfectly.

Though it's unfortunate I still haven't received my Lost boxset from Amazon.com. They send me the second one last week, hope that it arrives, I have been waiting long enough.
RobertoBOZ
Viewer

Postby Zarti1 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:23 pm

Well, if the DVD Premium edition looks like the BR Premium edition in England, I'll indeed be slightly disappointed... But if it looks like the box pictured on play.com, it's actually a very nice box.

Saw the standard BR edition of the complete collection in Belgium yesterday from up close. Now I see what they did. It's the exact same box of the UK Premium edition, but the insides of it are smaller (since it doesn't contain the extras and the extra bonus disc). They made it smaller by putting a black carboard inside it. They also did this in the UK Superset, but that black cardboard "edge" on the inside is much bigger for the standard Belgian version.

The store I bought it at says it should be posted on the day of release (Wednesday), and that it should arrive the next day. However, since Thursday is a holiday in Belgium, the earliest day possible that it arrives, is Friday. Unfortunately, a lot of companies don't work on Friday as well, and I'm not sure if that includes the Post. On top of that, Monday is also a holiday in Belgium, so that means if I don't have it Friday, it'll be Tuesday once it arrives. But I won't be home from Monday till Friday, so that means I could very well have to wait another two weeks. Friggin' holidays :D
Zarti1
Viewer

Postby Zarti1 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:33 pm

Well, we officially get the UK premium edition here in Belgium :) And I'm glad to say, that the DVD version of the Premium edition, is actually a lot nicer than the BR edition... Which is actually a bummer for some of you guys. I'll be getting my box on Friday, but I found these pictures of someone who already received his box.

As you can see, instead of the disappointing-looking thin cardboard you had to pull out in the BR Premium edition, this one actually has a little "door", with a little magnet to close it. The lid has a map of the island on the inside, and in comparison to the BR premium edition's island map, this one is textured like in the American boxset. It's just a little smaller. Also, the booklet is bigger than the one in the BR Premium edition. As for the rest, the contents are exactly the same as in the BR Premium edition. This box just looks a lot nicer, and is a bit sturdier.

I for one, love this box, and still prefer it over the American set :) I would prefer the American set over the UK Blu-Ray set though, I think that box was a bit disappointing. The only downside to me is the lack of sleeves, but in the end, it doesn't matter much. Can't wait to get my hands on it :)

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5326/img0302mq.jpg
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2530/img0303u.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5546/img0304s.jpg
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8770/img0305p.jpg
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8618/img0308r.jpg
Zarti1
Viewer

Postby Joshua on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:22 am

Nice pics, ty for sharing. Yeah, the DVD box is a bit better which is stupid really :(
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby screamie on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:01 am

Zarti, do you have any idea if such a superset exists also in bluray (with the extras) ? On the fnac website, I only find the superset for dvd. It seems that you have great informations by different sources, so I'd be really gratefull if you can tell me if the superset exists also for bluray !

thanks so much !

and thanks for posting all the pics ! it's great !

Image - Thanks Heiots !

screamie
Stunt Double

Postby Zarti1 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:16 pm

screamie wrote:Zarti, do you have any idea if such a superset exists also in bluray (with the extras) ? On the fnac website, I only find the superset for dvd. It seems that you have great informations by different sources, so I'd be really gratefull if you can tell me if the superset exists also for bluray !

thanks so much !

and thanks for posting all the pics ! it's great !

Unfortunately, the superset in Belgium and Holland is DVD-only, and will not be released on Blu-Ray.

The superset has been released on Blu-Ray in the UK though, but the box doesn't quite look the same as the DVD Superset released in Belgium today, of which I uploaded some pics in my previous post. It looks a lot more like the standard Blu-Ray set released here in Belgium and Holland. PenguinJosh uploaded several pics of his Blu-Ray superset edition two or three pages ago in this topic. I personally think the DVD version of the superset looks much better than the Blu-Ray edition of the Superset. Also, if you're thinking about importing the Blu-Ray superset from the UK, you should realise that not all seasons will have Dutch subtitles.
Zarti1
Viewer

Postby screamie on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:01 pm

;) Thanks so much for the information Zarti ! That's so kind. I'm not interrested in the UK bluray boxset because I'm looking for french subtitles actually and only S6 have it.

I'll probably buy the US bluray boxset and then the 3rd and 4th season again. But I'll wait until Xmas, I want it to be my perfect Xmas gift.

Thanks again for your precious explanations and your kindness !

Image - Thanks Heiots !

screamie
Stunt Double

Postby Zarti1 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:49 pm

screamie wrote:;) Thanks so much for the information Zarti ! That's so kind. I'm not interrested in the UK bluray boxset because I'm looking for french subtitles actually and only S6 have it.

I'll probably buy the US bluray boxset and then the 3rd and 4th season again. But I'll wait until Xmas, I want it to be my perfect Xmas gift.

Thanks again for your precious explanations and your kindness !

You're welcome :)
Zarti1
Viewer

Postby RobertoBOZ on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:40 pm

Well I think it's a bummer that Exodus on the bluray has been cut to three episodes, I don't understand why.

And isn't there a version of the entire pilot, not the 2-part cut?
RobertoBOZ
Viewer

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Discussion [No spoilers!]