Live Together, Die Alone: Stories from Diehard LOST Fans!

General discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Live Together, Die Alone: Stories from Diehard LOST Fans!

Postby lostislandgirl on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:56 am

On this very special day, the anniversary of the day that an unforgettable TV show came into our lives, I'm starting a thread that hopefully will bring some of you out and share your LOST stories.

For me personally, it meant meeting the most wonderful people online which led to meeting up with them in Oahu twice during Season 6 and sharing a fabulous vacation chasing LOST filming and locations.

My friends and I are about to share our experiences, how we found shooting locations, how we brought major spoilers to this site, what the daily routine was..and of course there will be plenty of pictures..some not seen before!!

I have to say that Darkufo (Andy) was always so helpful and quick to respond...so of course we didn't think twice about bringing the spoilers to him first :thumbup: At the time we used aliases..because it was so much more delicious to know that we were being "published', but no one else knew..

So to start here is a picture of our mascot Baby Aaron outside Sawyer's house in Dharmaville, you'll be seeing a lot of him, Aaron that is, and if the sight of a grown woman carrying around a teddy bear isn't indication of a crazy Lostaholic..I don't know what is!

So please come by, we'll try and post daily..and please let us know your stories as well of how LOST changed your lives. :wub:
lostislandgirl
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Live Together, Die Alone: Stories from Diehard LOST Fans

Postby patihockey on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:52 pm

Good start! Now to continue...
patihockey
Stunt Double

Postby lostislandgirl on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:31 pm

Okay I'll start!

I must admit that I came to the LOST fandom rather late :O Although I had watched the pilot episode when it aired in September of 2004, I didn't get hooked like most of you here. One of my best friends had been telling me for years to watch, telling me it was "my kind of show", but as the seasons passed and the story progressing to the point of confusion, it seemed pointless to start. But in December of 2008 with a mere two weeks to go before the Season 5 premiere, I plopped in the Season 1, Disc 1 DVD...and this time I was ready! After watching pretty much the whole night...I ordered season 2 - 4 from Amazon the next day..and had completed 3 1/2 seasons by the premiere date. I'm not sure what my tired brain absorbed at the time, but between season 5 episodes I went back and rewatched every episode again, so that by "316" I was caught up.

But it wasn't enough was it? I mean what good is watching the show on your own if you can't share your questions and theories, and by this time, no one else I knew except my friend was even watching :cursing: So I went looking online...and what a bonaza...one thing leading to another, led me to Darkufo, podcasts, and social media contacts.

By the midpoint of Season 5, I knew I wanted to go to Hawaii and see the locations for myself. I had been to Hawaii the year before and unknowingly had taken pictures of some filming sites..and this was exciting looking back at the photos. I had read and seen "spoilers" by this time, and although I wasn't a spoiler junkie, I could see that people were getting pictures of actual filming and cast...so my mind was made up...I MUST go while filming was going on. With only one season left, it was important I get it right, so a quick note to Andy..and he came back with a season 5 filming schedule which would mirror season 6. August 24 to about the middle of April was my window of opportunity.

...okay I have to go...to be continued

I leave you with a picture of a part of the Temple taken at Diamondhead Studios.

speaking of which..here is a shot of Diamondhead the inactive volcano on Oahu..taken from Waikiki Bay

and another one

lostislandgirl
Stunt Double

Postby deneph on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Don't think my other post posted. This is cool but now I have to try to remember how to post a photo. Any want to give me a gentle reminder? I have to go to a photo site, which one did use low the many months ago.
deneph
Guest Star

Postby lostislandgirl on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:50 pm

deneph wrote:Don't think my other post posted. This is cool but now I have to try to remember how to post a photo. Any want to give me a gentle reminder? I have to go to a photo site, which one did use low the many months ago.

Hi Deneph...yes post your pictures in a photo share website like picasa, and using the img button above, copy paste the link between the img brackets. The picture must be less than 500 pixels.

and welcome to the thread.."me casa et su casa"
lostislandgirl
Stunt Double

Postby gimmers3000 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:51 pm

I don't have any awesome stories to tell about Lost I'm afraid, although I would have loved to of gone to Hawaii while they were filming out there. The only thing I can say really is that I never missed an episode while it was airing in the US from season 3 onwards. I stayed up every night to make sure that I didn't miss an episode, the only one i ever missed was "Through the looking glass" because i was on holiday! Lucky for me my friends had the decency to spoil that episode before i got to watch it....tossers!
Get up John, You've got work to do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZaaw6wOi1Q Best video ever!

September 22, 2004 - May 23, 2010 R.I.P LOST
gimmers3000
Guest Star

Postby patihockey on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:59 pm

Love the pic gimmers!

Was going to ask....can I size the photos in iphoto?
patihockey
Stunt Double

Postby lostislandgirl on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:14 am

Love the video gimmers3000! And Welcome!

I don't know iphoto Pati..but I'll check and let you know.

-- Merged Double Post --

Hi Pati, this is what I found online..don't know if you understand it..I find Picasa really easy to use, upload from pc, then change size when linking.

"In iPHoto 8 select a group or album of photos and click on the Web Gallery button in the bottom tool bar. If the button isn't there then go to the View->Toolbar menu item and select it. Then an iPhoto web gallery is created where you can opt to have people download photos or not and set the size of the files to be downloaded. Publish the gallery and you'll get the chance to notify people via email (http://homepage.mac.com/toad.hall/.Pict ... nounce.png) that the galley is available for viewing. You can even password protect the gallery with a user name and password." Let me know if it works. :thumbup:
lostislandgirl
Stunt Double

Postby patihockey on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:01 am

I'd rather try picasa I think!
patihockey
Stunt Double

Postby lostislandgirl on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:11 am

Where was I?

..Had decided on going to Oahu to see LOST filming and locations. My next decision was whether I want to ask someone to come along. I have traveled both alone and with travel partners, and I thought this time..I would do it alone, more flexible, don't have to negotiate what to do and where to eat etc...and besides who else would want to trapise through Oahu looking for random sightings of maybe possible filming.

I decided I would take a one week cruise to the other Islands, and spend one week in Oahu. I started researching and planning. There is so much to do on the Islands, so much to see..I had my days planned out. After much research, I decided it was better especially as a single woman to take organized tours, and I started making phone calls to the tour companies. As a single, it was not as easy as I thought, as the tour companies want to fit a certain size vehicle, and I was limited to certain days because of the cruise schedule. I was told to wait until three weeks before the trip and they should be able to fit me in.

Btw, I'm also a huge film buff..and the Honolulu film festival was on during my stay...so I managed to catch two unreleased films (Precious and The Young Victoria). My point is, always check to see if anything interesting might be going on during your vacation, you never know!

I also booked a "swimming with sharks" tour, golf, kayaking and rental cars..so yeah my vacation was going to be very full with or without LOST.

Here is a pic of the shark cage :scared: ! Image
lostislandgirl
Stunt Double

Postby patihockey on Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:18 am

OK so I had known about Lost since before the pilot. A co workers relative went to work on the pilot and some of season one so we were urged to watch. A long time friend wanted to go to Hawaii so we planned a trip, that happened to be the week after Season 1 ended. At that point we knew nothing of spoilers or film locations but were just excited to be in the same place as Lost was.
Three years later same friend and I planned to go again but this time my boyfriend and I went a week early to do a Lost tour and find filming locations found on some websites. Never caught filming we were always early or late but still had fun and saw a lot of sites.
Eighteen months later we returned totally into spoilers (thanks Hawaiian Air credit!) and that's the start of my story with Lostislandgirl....this was Oct/Nov 2009. And we should be getting to the point of why we Had To Go Back just three months later!
patihockey
Stunt Double

Postby lostislandgirl on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:19 am

As Pati says..we met in Oahu November 2nd, 2009. There is more to the story...but it's late and I have to get up early, but I will leave you with a picture of the day we met. I didn't want to reveal this so quickly..but you must admit it is too good to keep hidden.

Image :)

This is a picture taken by someone who we later befriended. As you can see it is an actual filming sequence of Ilana and Ben, which would later be shown in Season 6 "Dr. Linus". But the best part?? Pati, myself and her BF are in the background :roll: Not only did this picture get put on this website as a spoiler...but I'm sure people were wondering who those people in the background were...we called ourselves "the other others". There will be more to this picture later...stay tuned! and good night.
lostislandgirl
Stunt Double

Postby lostislandgirl on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:26 am

..okay..I'm back. We'll have to wait for Pati to return from a very special outing and let us know how it went :roll:

The summer of 2009 was my first LOST hiatus since I had joined this fraternity/sorority so late. Oh, I don't know how people got through the three previous summers waiting for LOST to come back on! I spent my time reading a lot of recaps, listening to a lot of old podcasts, and rewatching episodes. I became facebook friends with some of the podcasters..and one of them Ryan and Jen (as we all know) lives in Hawaii, so it was fun reading his blog and his facebook comments. One night I mentioned that I was going to be in Oahu in October..and Pati commented right back that she was going to be there too! The was the beginning of the beginning of our friendship :thumbup:

We soon realized that we had a lot in common but especially our love of LOST and of Hawaii. We exchanged details, and decided we would meetup while we were both there. Unfortunately, it was only a three day window that we would be on the Island at the same time.

On October 31, Halloween...we had decided that Pati would contact me at my hotel, and we would meet for dinner.
I had just checked into the hotel after the cruise, and while waiting for Pati to call I decided to have a quick shower. Yup..just as I got into the shower the phone rings :scared: I get out (my first mistake), and answer the phone and it's Pati..."wait a minute" I say, "let me get a towel as I'm dripping wet"...as I run into the bathroom, it happened so fast, my feet gave away from under me and I go down banging my head. As I stand up and put the nice white hotel towl around me...I see riverulets of blood dripping down.....to be continued

-- Merged Double Post --

..now I'm dazed..as I look in the mirror...just like a horror movie I see blood dripping down the side of my head and down my neck. I came back to the phone and tell Pati "I fell and hit my head, I'm bleeding! I'm going to call the front desk but call me back in 10 minutes"

Well, long story short...I ended up riding an ambulance to a Honolulu ER and getting stiched up by a tatooed doctor...no kidding..except the tatoos were fake as Halloween it seems is HUGE in Honolulu and the doctors and nurses dress up! Turned out, I was okay other than the 3 staples in the back of my head, given "a script" for Oxycodone (again I kid you not), and told not to drive (as if).

Pati did call me back..and she must have thought I was a nut job...but by this time, the shock was wearing off..the pain setting in..so I did not get to meet Pati that night.

I leave you with a picture of Waimea Valley Waterfall, seen several times in Seasons 1 and 5.

I didn't get to swim in the lagoon in 2009...but on a return trip in 2010 I did!!Image That's me near the falls!
lostislandgirl
Stunt Double

Postby gilly_bean970 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:02 pm

This is such a lovely thread, please continue wit the story, you must have had loads of fun :)
Jack is such a scumbag, but Ben now there's a real stand up guy.
gilly_bean970
Viewer

Postby Woongo on Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:22 pm

Just finished reading through this thread, and I have to say it's amazing!! That's what makes Lost one of the greatest TV shows ever - the fanbase is like no other!!
Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

By the way, you can try PM'ing DarkUFO and asking him to tweet this thread on his website. Especially if he likes this thread (he probably will), he will definitely do it and more people will come to check it out :)
"No use in having rules if there's no punishment for breaking them." - Locke

Thanks to Devil's Arcade for the signature!

Woongo
Supporting Actor

Next

Return to Lost Discussion [No spoilers!]