Any Classic Film, or Hollywood History Buffs on Spoiler TV?

General discussion of movies.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Any Classic Film, or Hollywood History Buffs on Spoiler TV?

Postby Thefrogwhisperer on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:29 pm

I am a fan of just about all genres of film, whether they be comedy, drama, musical or even musical dramedies lol.

But seriously, the marketing company I work for recently picked up a campaign for TCM's upcoming series of documentaries, Moguls and Moviestars - The History of Hollywood.

The 7 part series explores the Movie Dynasty, from it’s conception, to the ups and downs of creating the film industry we have today. Each installment features rare footage, and photographs of the people that started it all. Also interviews with distinguished historians and major Hollywood figures: Sidney Lumet, Richard Zanuck,and Samuel Goldwyn Jr., just to name a few.

The series of Documentaries will be narrated by Christopher Plummer, award winning actor, and each documentary will be followed by the respective film that represents each Hollywood era, from 1890’s silent movie to Peepshow Pioneers, to Fade-in, Fade-Out of the 1970’s.

Any others on Spoiler TV who love the medium planning on checking this out?

To check out the site here is the link:

Moguls and Moviestars - The History of Hollywood
Thefrogwhisperer
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Any Classic Film, or Hollywood History Buffs on Spoiler

Postby Heiots on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:47 pm

Ooh. Christopher Plummer. Sound Of Music. :wub:
:flowers: Caution: All Juliet related :flowers:
My Fanfiction My YT Videos My Art
Heiots
Star Billing

Postby DarkUFO on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:51 pm

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm a big Sci-Fi Fan and a BIG fan of early(ish) Horror films Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney Jr, Bela Lugosi etc Not sure if it will cover those areas but I'll check it out.
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:49 pm

TMC's series has been SO good so far---I loved the segment on Edison's company and film shorts (amazing stuff for 1890's!) and the little bit on Lillian Gish!

I think TMC itself is such a great channel because I can see all kinds of old movies that I might not have ever seen. Last night they had "The Winning Team" with Ronald Regen and on Halloween they had "The House on the Haunted Hill"

The older I get the more I appreciate [the history of] performing arts and the technology that shapes entertainment. I too like a lot of genres of film. But what I love in old films is the culture presented in them from the physical elements of archecture and antiquity to the philosophical themes of showing what film makers thought was acceptable and what audiences wanted to see in those times (marketing).

For me films are a personal thing and I think a person can actually learn a lot from watching them, whether you see yourself in them, or if seeing one can emotionally touch you and change your perspective, I think a world with out films would be so sad.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Return to Movies - General