Claire's Kiss

Spoiler discussion for 'Heroes'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Claire's Kiss

Postby Nick on Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:18 pm

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_w ... eally.html

As if this wasn't already a shameless enough ratings ploy they had to go and make it into a threesome.

Edit: Oops, I didn't really read the story in depth. So no, it's not a threesome. But still. It's pretty damn shameless.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Claire's Kiss

Postby Brookie on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:32 pm

:roll: Fail. Utter crap to try and rewrite history (boy crazy Claire falling for a girl now all of a sudden....yeah, that's believable) and it's clearly a ploy to hook in some ratings. Ridiculous. Stereotypical. Lame.

I'm so glad I don't watch this show anymore! :lol:
Brookie---keeper of the Sacred Doritos and defender of the Cake :pirate:
Brookie
Former Staff Member

Postby Nick on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:56 pm

And I read that it was Hayden Pannetierre's idea in an interview with her. Yeah, great idea, writers, let the actors write the show.

Though aside from Claire's storyline, which unfortunately takes up half the show this season, the show has shown a bit of an improvement IMO. But still, I have a suspicion it's about to go down hill fast.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby chr1s on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:59 am

Nick wrote:And I read that it was Hayden Pannetierre's idea in an interview with her. Yeah, great idea, writers, let the actors write the show.

Though aside from Claire's storyline, which unfortunately takes up half the show this season, the show has shown a bit of an improvement IMO. But still, I have a suspicion it's about to go down hill fast.

Its common for any tv show for their actors to throw out ideas for their characters, its hardly writting the show!

Claire's storyline doesn't take up half the show! It has just as much time as any other storyline, he barely even featured in last week's episode!! :S

And if you think the show is going to go down hill fast, they why keep watching waiting for it to crash and burn?

I love how everyone has turned against this show, and the cool thing to do is complain about it on the internet! ¬¬
chr1s
Stunt Double

Postby Spleen on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:06 pm

Claires bits have always sucked, least we get some eye candy this way.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Spleen
Supporting Actor

Postby Nick on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:58 pm

Its common for any tv show for their actors to throw out ideas for their characters, its hardly writting the show!
Well, not really, but still, this is pretty obviously the writer's desperately attempting to get boosted ratings and Hayden Pannettierre trying to use her image to get guys riled up. Sort of like her so called nude scene in I Love You Beth Cooper...I didn't see it but supposedly it just showed her back after Hayden had hyped it up to be something ridiculously sexy and inappropriate.

Claire's storyline doesn't take up half the show! It has just as much time as any other storyline, he barely even featured in last week's episode!! :S

She's gotten a hell of a lot more screentime this season so far than anyone else. That's for sure. Maybe not half, but pretty damn close. Last week was one hour. Out of the 4 so far, and the other 3 were pretty heavy on Claire, with her and maybe 1 or 2 other storylines taking up 99% of the hour, with Claire usually taking up more time than the other dominant storyline.

And if you think the show is going to go down hill fast, they why keep watching waiting for it to crash and burn?

I love how everyone has turned against this show, and the cool thing to do is complain about it on the internet! ¬¬
Well, I said it was showing improvement. I said I'm speculating it'll go downhill fast soon but not yet. But it hasn't yet. And even if it did, I would keep watching, because I always stay loyal to my shows. I can't stop watching anything. After I get a certain amount of episodes into a show, I just can't quit it. I don't care what happens. I'm with it to the end.

And the reason I say that is because I've kind of come to expect that from this show. Since Season 2, it seems that everything that starts out fantastic eventually spirals downhill as the season goes on. It's just me being a pessimist. I'm just like that. I expect the worst from a lot of shows. :)

I don't really mean to be complaining THAT much, I just really want this show to improve, because it's shown it can be incredible before.

Claires bits have always sucked, least we get some eye candy this way.

Eh, yeah, I guess so, but it's not like that's not something you can see in a thousand other places. I prefer shows to be filled with quality, not shameless ratings ploys.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby SmokeyD on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:30 pm

Hayden's idea or not, I still think it is a shameless ratings hook attempt. After seeing the clip, it would be a different story if the feelings at least appeared reciporicated. But looking at Claire's face and reaction afterward just makes it more awkward and shameless.

I have been reading at a few places that TPTB are a starting to fret over the ratings. Please don't let this be the 'Jump the shark' moment... (What's next... "A very special Hawaii Episode"???)

I too am getting a little tired of the attention that Claire has gotten this season, I don't know if I could say that it has been 50%, but it has been a lot.

It just feels like at a time when the writters should be pulling out all the stops, they are missing the point and focusing on a cheap ratings grab aimed at teen age boys....
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Return to Heroes Spoilers