[OFFICIAL] CSI:NY - Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Spoiler discussion for 'CSI'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: [OFFICIAL] CSI:NY - Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Postby perlnoir on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:55 pm

Source : CBSPressExpress

10.05.2010 A JEWEL HEIST AT THE PENTHOUSE OF ONE OF NEW YORK'S MOST POWERFUL ATTORNEYS TAKES A BIZARRE TURN AND THE CASE LEADS THE CSIs TO A SEEMINGLY UNRELATED MAN IN THE MORGUE, ON "CSI: NY," FRIDAY, OCT. 22
Gregory Harrison ("Trapper John, M.D.," "One Tree Hill") Guest Stars as Attorney Roland Carson

"Out Of The Sky" - A jewel heist at the penthouse of one of New York's most powerful attorneys takes a bizarre turn and the case leads the CSIs to a seemingly unrelated man in the morgue, on CSI: NY, Friday, Oct. 22 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Gregory Harrison guest stars as Roland Carson, the hotshot lawyer.

SERIES REGULARS:

Det. Mac Taylor........................ .... Gary Sinise
Jo Danville...................................... Sela Ward
Danny Messer................... Carmine Giovinazzo
Dr. Sheldon Hawkes....................... Hill Harper
Det. Don Flack............................. Eddie Cahill
Lindsay Monroe Messer............ Anna Belknap
Adam Ross.................................... AJ Buckley
Dr. Sid Hammerback...................... Robert Joy

GUEST CAST:

Roland Carson...................... Gregory Harrison
James Belson............... Coby Ryan McLaughlin
Heath Kirkfield........................... Justin Baldoni
Jenny Harper.......................... Melissa Ordway
Melvin La Grange....................Moe Irvin...
Arnold Vonley.............................Mike Foy
Ted Kendricks.................. Craig Baxley, Jr.
Logan Peele.....................Austin Priester..

GENRE: CRIME DRAMA, ACTION, ADVENTURE, SUSPENSE, MYSTERY

WRITTEN BY: Christopher Silber

DIRECTED BY: Nathan Hope

RATING: To Be Announced

On the Web: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_ny/

-- Merged Double Post --

Celebrity Interviews: CSI: NY: A.J. Buckley - > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4bbr28YzJI
perlnoir
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby perlnoir on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:37 am

Spoilers, courtesy of Faylinn! : http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php ... ost1106932

7.11 (Untitled for now):
~ The episode opens with a clown buying some balloons and heading to a birthday party. A caterer, Gino, is setting things up for a kid's sixth birthday. The clown walks in, hands the balloons to Gino - and shoots him in the chest.

~ When the cops arrive, they chase the clown around the corner - and discover a bunch of identical clowns on the street. When the cops talk to the clowns, they say there was an ad online. Anybody who showed up on that street (dressed as a clown) at exactly eleven o'clock would get $500 for passing out flyers. They'd get extra if they looked just like the clown in the ad.

~ Mac and Jo visit the man in charge of the clown registry and get the name and address of the guy with that particular face makeup: Stan.

~ When Danny and Flack go to Stan's apartment, they hesitate for a moment. They remember back to a scene in 7.09 when they went to pick a guy up and ran into some trouble. They don't want a repeat of that situation. Luckily, Stan isn't a threat to them. In fact, he's bound and gagged inside the apartment. He tells Danny and Flack that he opened his door that morning, and a guy barged in and pointed a gun at him. He asked how much Stan would make for the day - when Stan said $200, the intruder dropped two $100 bills and knocked Stan out. When he came to, his clown costume was gone.

~ Fingerprints lead to a man named Bobby - Flack doesn't believe Bobby would be involved in something like this. He was a nice guy who ended up as a confidential informant, and then he was put into witness protection and sent out of state.

~ When the NYPD starts looking into a man in witness protection, an FBI agent comes calling. Jo leaves before the man can approach her and Mac - it's her ex-husband, Russ. Russ comes to find her later and says she looks good. He hasn't seen her since she moved to New York, and he asks her again why they're separated. She says they're divorced because they weren't compatible, and he wanted a wife while she wanted a career. Also, he wanted her to take his name, and Jo Josephson just wouldn't work.

~ I see everybody but Sid.

-- Merged Double Post --

Exclusive: Stella Ward on the set of CSI: NY - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elNP7YAniKA

-- Merged Double Post --

Five questions with Sela Ward, the newest cast member of 'CSI: NY'

By : DAVID MARTINDALE,

Sela Ward

For Sela Ward, there has been only one drawback to joining the cast of CSI: NY. All those grisly murders, even though they're just make-believe, "can't help but invade your consciousness," she says. Suddenly, the actress is spotting potential dangers behind every corner. "It's definitely sitting there in the back of my head," says Ward, who plays Detective Jo Danville. "I'm more aware. I'm being more cautious, especially with my children." Ward was recruited during the summer after longtime CSI: NY star Melina Kanakaredes decided not to return for a seventh season. "It's completely different from anything I've ever done before," Ward says. "That was the main attraction." CSI: NY airs at 8 p.m. Fridays on CBS.

1Your character, a former FBI investigator, has already established that she knows her way around a crime scene. Do you think you could do this kind of work in real life?

I think my powers of observation are pretty great. But in terms of having a head for science, not really. In school, I didn't like classes like biology. So playing a character like Jo Danville is a novelty for me. It's also a little difficult in terms of dialogue and understanding what I'm saying and why, but I'm trying.

2In what ways are you similar to the character?

Other than the science, most of the things about her are close to a comfort zone for me: her wit and humor and mysteriousness and a little bit of an artistic edge. I'm very at home there.

3Did you do much research, such as visiting a real crime scene or a real crime lab, before filming began?

I didn't have time. I accepted the show without having seen a script, because they were scrambling when Melina decided not to renew her contract. They needed to find someone quickly, because they were going to start filming in two weeks. I got the script three days before we started. So it didn't afford me that luxury of research. As soon as I have a day off, we are going to the new crime lab center in Los Angeles with one of the writers who is a former CSI investigator. But for now, I'm just pretending.

4Are you squeamish at all about blood, guts and body parts, even when they're fake?

It's not the blood part that disturbs me. But the prosthetics, the various severed body parts that the artists create on the show, are just a little too real. That's the thing that gets me and is hard to look at.

5Is it true you have a major street named after you in your hometown of Meridian, Miss.?

I do, and it's very cool. That was just a terrific honor. You have to go on this street to get to the other side of town. But I've never really heard anybody give directions and say, 'It's on Sela Ward Parkway.' People in a small town like that still sort of go by the original name, so I think people there still tend to refer to it as 22nd Avenue.

Special to the Star-Telegram

source : http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/10/06 ... z11kXcqj4T
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:34 am

Video Promo "7.04 Sangre por Sangre" - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqL2J...layer_embedded
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:17 pm

Another CSI: New York - Promo - 7.04 "Sangre Por Sangre" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzctjlRwdQw

-- Merged Double Post --

Photos promos 7.05 "Out of Sky" - - > http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/csi-ny ... f-sky.html

-- Merged Double Post --

CSI: New York - Season 7 - On Set with Edward James Olmos- - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BisqigofZY

Bill Brown on set of csi ny - - > http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 4884120170
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:09 pm

-- Merged Double Post --

What can you tell me about Jo Danville's adopted kid on CSI: NY? — Mark
ADAM: It's a girl! While the character was originally said to have adopted a boy from a woman she helped put away, the show actually cast That's So Raven's Sydney Park. "We saw a lot of great actors, but felt that we were leaping too soon in casting a boy," executive producer Pam Veasey tells us. "We opened up the casting to a daughter, too, and found a dynamite actress in Sydney. We felt it was important to make our priority finding a talented child of any race or gender."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-M ... 24255.aspx
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:23 am

Sneek Peak 7.04 Sangre por Sangre for all countries

- - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81bam0eF ... r_embedded

-- Merged Double Post --

Keck's Exclusives: JAG's David James Elliott Returns to CBS on CSI: NY
Oct 15, 2010 03:49 PM ET
by William Keck1 Comment

David James Elliott

One of CBS' biggest stars is coming back to the network! David James Elliott, who starred as Cmdr. Harmon "Harm" Rabb, Jr. on JAG from 1995-2005, has been cast on CSI: NY. And it's an awesome role.

David will play Russ Josephson, the ex-husband of Sela Ward's new investigator, Jo Danville. (Expect Jo to crack a joke about being Jo Josephson.) David will debut in an early January episode he is now shooting, and producers tell me there's a possibility he could come back for more.

Russ is not only Jo's ex, he's also the father of their college-aged son, Tyler, and an FBI agent. According to insiders, "their relationship is civil, but Jo still fights his obvious desire to reignite the past." Sounds juicy!

source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/David-James ... 24436.aspx
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:11 pm

7.05 video promo - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeNdrK4CUIE

-- Merged Double Post --

7.06 "Do Not Pass Go"

0.18.2010 THE CSIs FIND A BODY ON A ROOFTOP AND MUST FIND THE KILLER WHO IS MANIPULATING CRIME SCENES, ON "CSI: NY," FRIDAY, OCT. 29
Helen Slater ("Supergirl") and Thomas Calabro ("Melrose Place")

Guest Star as the Victim's Parents

"Do Not Pass Go" - When a badly decomposed body found is an abandoned car on a rooftop, Mac and his team must go up against a killer who is using the parents of his victims to manipulate crime scenes, on CSI: NY, Friday, Oct. 29 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Helen Slater and Thomas Calabro guest star as the victim's parents.

SERIES REGULARS:

GUEST CAST:

Ellie Danville................................ Sydney Park
Elizabeth Harris............................. Helen Slater
Reuben Lewis......................... Chad Todhunter
Craig Anderson.............................. Paul James
Charles Harris................... Thomas Calabro
Jeremy Harris....................Zachary Spicer
Allison Scott....................... Maïté Schwartz
Sally Anderson.............Stephanie Venditto..

WRITTEN BY: Adam Targum

DIRECTED BY: David Jackson

RATING: TV14-LV

On the Web: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_ny/

-- Merged Double Post --

Episode 7.06

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

7.12 "Holding Cell":

~ A club promoter and Spanish expatriate named Miguel was stabbed three times. His girlfriend, Valeria, went to his apartment and found the door open. His body was on the floor, and his empty wallet was on the floor beside him.

~ Valeria is from Madrid, so she goes to the Spanish Consulate. There is a man there named Hector - he is very protective of Valeria when Mac comes to talk to her. Hector also spends time with Mac throughout the investigation. It looks like he works at a crime lab in Spain (or he used to).

~ Miguel's mother Ophelia is a powerful woman in Spain. She comes to the crime lab and asks if she can take her son's body home. Mac promises to make the call himself.

~ When they go to Miguel's club to ask questions, Danny and Flack see a man (Leonard) acting suspiciously. He's putting some sort of liquid from an eye drop bottle into a glass with shavings from a pill. When they confront him, Leonard knocks glasses off a high top table so broken glass flies at Danny and Flack - when they duck away from the glass, Leonard makes a run for it. There's a room in the club that has nozzles of some sort, and Leonard turns several of them on and uses a lighter to set the vapors on fire. Flames are shooting out of the valves now, and several club goers catch on fire. Flack runs after Leonard while Danny rushes to turn off the valves and grab a fire extinguisher to put out the flames. Flack catches Leonard, and Danny helps handcuff him.

~ The eye drop bottle Leonard was using is filled with chemicals - they match chemical burns found on the victim's clothing. Leonard explains that he takes the chemicals to clubs and uses them to test drugs so party-goers know whether or not they actually got what they paid for. If they're going to do drugs, they should at least know what they're taking. The drops got onto Miguel's clothes during a struggle when Miguel was trying to kick Leonard out of the club.

~ Sid rushes up to Mac in the hallway - the mortuary that prepared Miguel's body called him and said the embalming process may have revealed some new evidence. However, Ophelia took the body before the mortuary could call Sid, and they're on their way to the airport. Mac rushes to the airport as they are preparing to put Miguel's body on the plane. He tells Ophelia that they need to look at her son's body one last time, but she just wants to take her son home and end this nightmare...

~ I see everybody but Hawkes and Adam. That doesn't mean they aren't there, but those are the ones I don't see.

source: Faylinn Talk
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 am

7.07 Press Release

WITH A SNIPER LOOSE IN NEW YORK CITY, MAC MUST RELIVE AN ABDUCTION CASE THAT MIGHT HAVE CREATED ONE OF THE CITY'S DEADLIEST FOES, ON "CSI: NY," FRIDAY, NOV. 5

Emmy Award-Winning Actor John Larroquette ("Night Court," "Boston Legal") Guest Stars as Deputy Chief of Manhattan Borough Detectives Ted Carver

"Hide Sight" - When a sniper goes on the prowl from the rooftops of New York City, Mac is forced to relive the horrors of a brutal abduction case that may have created one of the deadliest foes the CSIs has ever faced, on CSI: NY, Friday, Nov. 5 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Emmy Award-winning actor John Larroquette guest stars in a three-episode arc as Deputy Chief of Manhattan Borough Detectives Ted Carver.

SERIES REGULARS:

GUEST CAST:
Chief Ted Carver................... John Larroquette
Tom Reynolds......................... Mark L. Young
Reporter #1............................... Zack Robidas
Reporter #2.......................... Toks Olagundoye
Michael Reynolds....... Austin Michael Coleman
Reporter #3.............................Stacey Yen
Young Michael Reynolds......... Aidan Andrews
Hayley Montgommery........Tiffany Dupont
Young Tom Reynolds........ Benjamin Stockham

WRITTEN BY: Bill Haynes
DIRECTED BY: Alex Zakrzewski

-- Merged Double Post --

Chuck, Fringe, The Good Wife, Community Among Early 2010-11 Season Bubble ShowsBy Robert Seidman – October 17, 2010

It’s early in the season, but it’s not too early to figure some things out. For example, out of the 65 shows tracked by the Renew/Cancel Index (that only focuses on scripted shows) seven shows are certain to be canceled (or already canceled) and four are likely to be canceled. The fate of 17% of the shows is already pretty clear.*
Show Network Status
The Whole Truth ABC Certain to be Canceled
My Generation ABC Already Canceled
Detroit 1-8-7 ABC Likely to be Canceled
Medium CBS Likely to be Canceled
Life Unexpected CW Certain to be Canceled
Outlaw NBC Already Canceled
Undercovers NBC Likely to be Canceled
Chase NBC Likely to be Canceled
The Good Guys FOX Certain to be Canceled
Lone Star FOX Already Canceled
Running Wilde FOX Certain to be Canceled
-
*I know there are some semantics zealots out there who will cry “Outlaw technically hasn’t been canceled yet!” That’s true, but for these purposes ‘canceled doesn’t mean canceled so much as it means “isn’t going to be renewed.” I think everyone can agree Outlaw isn’t going to be renewed. And yes, I know there are fans who will insist Life Unexpected won’t (or shouldn’t) be canceled, but barring a remarkable ratings turnaround, it will be.

Relatively speaking, especially as the season progresses, forecasting the shows certain or likely to be canceled or certain or likely to be renewed is easy. It’s the shows in the middle of the ratings spectrum rather than the extremes that are much harder to predict.
Right now by my math (which is slightly different than the current Renew/Cancel Indexes*) the fates of 80% of the scripted shows are currently pretty clear with 17% certain to be, likely to be or already canceled and 63% certain to be, likely to be, or already renewed.

*The most recent R/C Index has a few shows pegged as likely to be renewed, but based on additional data (R/C is only through last Sunday) and current trends, I’ve added four shows: The Event, Law & Order: LA, Parenthood and No Ordinary Family. If the current trends hold, it’s merely a matter of time before the designation for those shows changes in the R/C Index.

Early Bubble Show Contenders:
Show Net
Better With You ABC
No Ordinary Family ABC
CSI: NY CBS
Blue Bloods CBS
The Good Wife CBS
The Defenders CBS
Fringe FOX
Lie to Me FOX
Community NBC
Chuck NBC
The Event NBC
Law & Order: LA NBC
Parenthood NBC
-
For me, the fun is in the other 20% listed above — the bubble shows. Over the course of the season more shows will slip into the bubble category and some of the current bubble shows will rise or fall and move out of bubble status, but I’d guess a few of them, including the perennially bubbleishus Chuck, to be bubble shows wire-to-wire

source: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/17/ch ... hows/68357

-- Merged Double Post --

Episode 7.07[/color][/size]

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:04 pm

'CSI: NY': Gary Sinise, Sela Ward and company take Manhattan -- for real
By Jay Bobbin, Zap2It | October 20, 2010

Sela Ward and Gary Sinise

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.
If a series has New York in its title, it's a good idea for it to film there.

Like all of the shows in the franchise, "CSI: NY" has its production base in Los Angeles, but its stars and crew make an annual trip east to shoot footage for several episodes. The CBS crime drama has three such stories early in its seventh season, and the first -- giving new series regular Sela Ward her first on-location "CSI" experience -- airs Friday, Oct. 29.

Her character, Jo, team leader Mac (Gary Sinise) and the rest of the squad are perplexed by a murderer who sways his victims' parents into tampering with the sites of his killings. Once they determine his modus operandi, the forensic detectives race time to predict his next step.

Ward was glad for a taste of the real New York while filming the episodes, especially so soon in her "CSI: NY" run.

"Here's a show that's been on the air for six years," she says, "and it's not on my shoulders, so I think I'll be able to have a life and at the same time be challenged. I didn't realize until I got back on the set how much I missed what I do. I'd done (the movies) 'The Stepfather' and 'The Day After Tomorrow,' but nothing to really sink my teeth into, so this has been fun."

An Emmy winner for both "Sisters" and "Once and Again," Ward says she "had made a conscious choice not to do another TV show while my children were at the age they were. I really wanted to be around, plus I was burned out from that kind of (weekly television) schedule. Now that they're older, I started thinking, 'I think I really miss it. If I could figure out how to have some balance, I think I'm going to go for it.' "

Also a producer of "CSI: NY," Sinise is happy to have Ward on board.

"Sela is such a nice and warm person," he says, "and we have such a relaxed and fun and easygoing vibe on our set; we welcomed her in, and she wanted us to help her through all this CSI stuff ... because it doesn't come naturally to most people. It's a new world, and she just grabbed hold of it. It was all very cordial and perfect, I thought.

"Melina (Kanakaredes, Ward's 'CSI: NY' predecessor) did a great job on the show for six years," Sinise adds, "but she decided she wanted to move on, and we wish her well. The show goes on, and we were fortunate enough to have someone like Sela Ward come in. We wanted it to be a smooth transition for both us and the audience, and I think it very much is."

Getting back to New York took quite some time for Ward, who recalls, "I think it was 1987 when I did (the movie) 'Hello Again' and last shot on the streets there. I love New York so much. I lived there when I was in my 20s, and I keep threatening to move back when my kids are in college. I couldn't wait to be back there."

Ward's two children will be college-ready within the next few years, when "CSI: NY" may or may not still be going. Even while the show is in season, Sinise travels extensively with his Lt. Dan Band (named after his "Forrest Gump" movie character) to entertain military personnel on behalf of the USO, and he's noncommittal about another round of weekly television work.

"Everything is up in the air," Sinise maintains, "but the one thing that we do know is that we have a seventh season to do right now, and our writers are tackling it with the same passion and fun that they go at everything with. And we have a fun new co-star who's bringing a lot of life to the show."

source: Zap2it http://www.zap2it.com/news/zap-csi-ny-s ... 5703.story

-- Merged Double Post --

Sneak Peek 7.05 - - > https://www.cbsmediamanager.com/video_d ... /index.php
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:09 pm

‘CSI: NY’ Standoff: Gregory Harrison Vs. Mac Taylor!
by Matt Webb Mitovich
Oct 22nd, 2010 | 10:33 AM | Comments 1
This Friday on ‘CSI: NY‘ (9/8c, on CBS), a violently bungled burglary leads Mac and his team to cross paths with Roland Carson, a super-slick criminal defense attorney played by guest star Gregory Harrison (’Trapper John, M.D.’). Just how badly will the legal eagle ruffle Mac’s feathers? Harrison shared a look at the heated head-butting to come.

From everything I have heard, the term “high-priced lawyer” doesn’t begin to do your ‘CSI: NY’ character justice.
Well, to an extent it does. He is a defense attorney who has been so successful that he’s the go-to man, the big-shot lawyer for big-budget criminals. And he’s been successful often enough that the CSI team is not particularly thrilled to help him when he’s been burglarized.

Carson’s the victim of no petty robbery, either.
No, he’s been burglarized in a way that is particularly worrisome to him because he was holding some high-value, black market possessions for the [sordid] kind of people he represents. If the CSI team doesn’t find [what was stolen], he’s very worried about his ability to survive, so he needs them – and yet he’s not particularly forthcoming. There’s only a limited amount of information he can give about what was in the safe, who it belonged to, where it originated from…. Plus, one of his clients – a renowned crook – is killed during this robbery, so there’s a murder investigation going on as well.

What’s the mood like when the CSIs first arrive upon the crime scene? Is there professional tension?
I work primarily with Gary Sinise (Mac), and we have a standoff. Most of our scenes are big standoffs. We each throw blows, and there is no winner. They were fun scenes to play.

Did ‘CSI: NY’ put you in some very nice suits?
Oh yeah. The show is successful enough that they have a nice wardrobe budget. If you’re going to play the most successful lawyer in New York, you gotta be dressed right.

Gregory Harrison opposite Gary Sinise on 'CSI: NY' (CBS)

What else have you been up to? Still popping up on ‘One Tree Hill’?
I’m still doing episodes of ‘One Tree Hill,’ yeah, where I play the father of Austin Nichols’ character. And I just finished a play down in La Jolla.

What do you get recognized most for these days?
It’s interesting, because I get recognized by different generations for different reasons. The older generation still recognizes me from ‘Trapper John,’ but anybody under 30 recognizes me from the ‘Au Pair’ [TV-]movies and all the bad guys and “dates from hell” I’ve played in movies that always seem to air on Lifetime. [Laughs]

What other current series would you like to guest-star on?
I love ‘The Good Wife‘ – it’s really nicely done – and I love the ‘CSI’s…. I also love comedy. In fact, I’m doing a concert tour with Linda Purl, who has been doing guest shots on ‘The Office’ [as Pam's mother], so she has made me want to jump back into a show like that again. I’ve done a lot of comedy pilots over the years, but none have made it onto the air, so I keep getting a taste, but not enough!

source: fancast http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/csi-n ... ent-582312

Me and the clowns. Episode 11. What a riot to have 50 clowns running around on the CSI NY set.

- - > http://twitpic.com/2ztwsr
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:53 pm

7.08 Photos promo.

Merci à LME de DLChem

Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image ImageImage Image

source: CBSpressexpress

-- Merged Double Post --

CSI: New York - Promo - 7.06 "Do Not Pass Go" - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83HZ0AhtM5I

-- Merged Double Post --

7.09 CSI: NY - Episode 7.09 - Justified - Promotional Photos

source: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/10/csi-ny ... z13Uj9zccf

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

We know that ‘CSI: NY’s Gary Sinise, Sela Ward, Eddie Cahill and Hill Harper all filmed on location in New York, along with guest star John Larroquette. Anything other than Central Park to look forward to? – Jayne
In addition to Central Park (where a dead body is discovered), the cast filmed at the New York County Courthouse (on the steps of which Larroquette’s character gives a press conference), South Street Seaport, and a 19th-century brownstone at Madison and Fifth (where a suspect is pursued). Larroquette’s three-episode arc kicks off Nov. 5.

source: http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-ne ... -and-more/
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:07 am

GarySinise

On the set with the lovely Sela Ward http://twitpic.com/31eqv6
about 1 hour ago via Twitpic

-- Merged Double Post --

Question: I was reading that CBS might cancel CSI: NY. —Jen
Ausiello: I think you’re confusing CSI: NY with Medium, which just had its episode order cut back from 22 to 13. I think CSI: NY — which has been doing solid business on Fridays — is safe for the time being. Speaking of the spin-off, Karina Lombard of Rescue Me and L Word fame has just been cast as the grieving mother of the victim in a January episode.

source: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/10/27/ ... ee-castle/

7.13 "Party Down":

~ There's some sort of incident that almost kills a group of people. There's at least one casualty: a young woman named Victoria. It looks like her father (Anthony) might be in the mob or something.

~ Anthony wants justice for his daughter's death - and he isn't concerned about interfering in the CSIs' investigation.

~ There's a Japanese artist (Akiko) who designed some sort of invitation - they are able to identify her as the artist because she puts her own blood in the ink. Flack and Jo go to talk to her, and she's in the middle of a living art installation. There are six nearly-nude models standing side-by-side as the artist paints on them. As Jo leads Akiko away to question her, Flack offers a flirtatious hello to one of the models.

~ I don't see Hawkes, Adam or Sid - but since there's so little to go on, that doesn't mean much.

source: Talk via Fayliin
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:47 pm

CSI: New York - Season 7 - Behind the scenes of "Do Not Pass Go"

The link for all countries - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj7-xMNJai0

-- Merged Double Post --

"CSI: NY" watchers and Sela Ward fans, here's a picture from her days as an Alabama cheerleader
Published: Friday, October 29, 2010, 7:00 AM
Bob Carlton -- The Birmingham News

Sela Ward, in the middle, was a University of Alabama cheerleader in the mid-1970s. This picture is from the 1976 season.

My blog earlier this week about Emmy-winning actress and former Crimson Tide cheerleader Sela Ward wishing for Alabama to win another BCS championship on the Oct. 22 episode of the CBS crime drama "CSI: NY" has generated lots of comments and hundreds of Facebook "likes" from al.com readers.
Red-blooded Bama fan David Wininger, a Birmingham lawyer and "CSI: NY" watcher, says it's not he first time Sela, a 1977 University of Alabama graduate, has referenced her alma mater on the show, in which she stars as crime-scene investigator Josephine "Jo" Danville.

A couple of weeks ago, I watched 'CSI: NY,' and Sela's character was 'online,' I suppose we say, when she encountered a soldier peering into his computer screen so that the two of them were in communication," Wininger writes in an e-mail. "She asked him where he was. He replied Afghanistan. She asked why he was up so late at night. He responded that he had been 'talking' to his wife back in Alabama but it was bedtime for his kids so he had logged off from them. Sela Ward replied, 'ROLL TIDE.' I loved it, and at first thought I had misheard. Upon replaying the scene, that was exactly what she said."
Stay tuned to see what Sela will say next about her favorite team. "CSI: NY" airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on CBS 42 in Birmingham.
In the meantime, for those of you who remember those glorious fall Saturdays in the 1970s when the Tide was almost always high and Sela always seemed to catch the cameraman's eye, the above picture is for you. That's her in the middle, of course. Who else can you identify?

source: http://blog.al.com/bob-carlton/2010/10/ ... _ward.html
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:50 am

CSI: New York - Promo - 7.07 "Hide Sight" - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJm75Xpe9uk

-- Merged Double Post --

Question: I've read that CSI: NY might be axed this season to make room for one of CBS's midseason replacements. How do you feel about that? CSI: NY was a valuable member of CBS's line-up for years, so I find it very disrespectful that they'd dismiss an aging show before the season was over in order to test out a new one. I think if they are going to dismiss CSI: NY, they should at least give it a proper send-off. After years of being a highly rated show, they deserve at least that much. — Mary

Matt Roush: As it turns out, Medium will be this season's sacrificial lamb on Friday nights. It just had its episode order cut to 13, and while it hasn't been confirmed yet that this signifies the end of its long run, I wouldn't be surprised. (Hope they don't end on a cliffhanger. That would be just too aggravating.) Regarding CSI: NY, the move to Fridays was a strategic one that has paid off with higher numbers for CBS on Friday, boosting the fortunes of Blue Bloods, which follows it. But because it airs on a night of overall lower viewership, CSI: NY can't be expected to pull the numbers it did on Wednesdays. (And the other part of the equation was to open up the Wednesday time slot to a new show, The Defenders, which looks like it will be around for a while as well.) If CSI: NY does go on hiatus in the winter or spring to make temporary room for a midseason tryout, don't read too much into that. Something's gotta give to make room for some of the midseason product. I would think NY has at least a few more seasons left in it. Otherwise, why bring Sela Ward into it? And if it does come to the end of its run sooner than later, I'm sure CBS will give the fans and the show time to prepare.

From Ask Matt http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ask-Matt-Raising-1024944.aspx

CSI: NY - Episode 7.08 - Scared Stiff - Press Release

THE CSIs EXPERIENCE EERIE OCCURRENCES AFTER A WOMAN IS FOUND LITERALLY SCARED TO DEATH, ON "CSI: NY," FRIDAY, NOV. 12

John Larroquette ("Night Court," "Boston Legal") Returns as Deputy Chief of Manhattan Borough Detectives Ted Carver

"Scared Stiff" — When the CSIs experience eerie occurrences after finding a female victim who appears to have been literally scared to death, the case takes another strange turn when Mac discovers a second victim, on CSI: NY, Friday, Nov. 12 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. John Larroquette returns as Deputy Chief of Manhattan Borough Detectives Ted Carver.

SERIES REGULARS:
Det. Mac Taylor......... .... Gary Sinise
Jo Danville Sela Ward
Danny Messer Carmine Giovinazzo
Dr. Sheldon Hawkes Hill Harper
Det. Don Flack Eddie Cahill
Lindsay Monroe Messer Anna Belknap
Adam Ross AJ Buckley
Dr. Sid Hammerback Robert Joy

GUEST CAST:
Chief Ted Carver John Larroquette
Rosie……………………………Sophia Bui
Gordon Sprouse Jeffrey Vincent Parise
Samantha……………………..Jamie Tisdale
Isabel Wilde……………………..Kelly Polk
Lisa……………………Marianne Chambers
Declan “Sully” Sullivan.......Lightfield
Lewis Helen………………...Anastacia McPherson

WRITTEN BY: Kim Clements
DIRECTED BY: Marshall Adams

Source: CBS
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:49 pm

Interview: Bill Brown
Posted by Kristine Huntley - 02/11/10 at 01:11 pm
Composer Bill Brown has been with CSI: New York since the show’s first season, scoring the music that highlights the show’s twists, turns and character moments. Most recently, Brown was tapped by CSI creator Anthony E. Zuiker to score the cyber-bridges for his new Level 26 novel, Dark Prophecy. The soundtrack to Dark Prophecy was released the same day the book was published, October 14th, from Moviescore Media, which comments that the score “fuses live orchestral elements with electronic and ambient textures, and features a number of thematic ideas. The album features dark suspense music and contrasting reflective underscoring, as well as some exciting action.”

Brown took time out of his busy schedule to share with CSI Files his experience scoring both Dark Prophecy and CSI: New York:

CSI Files: Congrats on the release of the Dark Prophecy soundtrack! How did you come to be involved with the project?

Bill Brown: Anthony Zuiker (the creator of the CSI television series and Level 26: Dark Prophecy) contacted me this past summer and asked if I would be interested in scoring Dark Prophecy. I said, “Of course!” Anthony and I first worked together on CSI: NY.

CSI Files: Steve Dark (Dan Buran) goes through a pretty powerful emotional arc in the movie, and has a big breakthrough at the end. How did that inform the scoring of those scenes?

Brown: We knew that the score needed to connect things thematically in our initial meeting, but I don’t think any of us knew how “Henry’s Theme” would become such an integral part of the storytelling until the project was almost completed. The really dark moments for the main character [Steve Dark] were more internal struggles and challenges that I supported texturally, in a more visceral way. But the bigger story was about the key relationships in his life, which are supported with thematic development in the score. A recent review of the CD said it’s not a score you can listen to passively, it demands your listening attention. I think that is true because some of the score is more about the physical experience, and getting underneath that experience in an organic way (like in track 5, “Deeper Waters”—all of these bending, discordant acoustic instruments creating an atmosphere). The tracks that relate to the arc of Dark’s relationships; “Henry’s Theme, ” “Hangman, ” “Dark’s Decision, ” “Five Of Pentacles, ” “Death and Life and finally, “I Choose Life, ” use more thematic development to help the audience relate to the characters—something I’ve always been quite fond of in film scores myself. As a side note, one of my favorites is track 7 “The Fool. ” I just decided to take that scene in a different direction and love the haunting sound that came out of the strings… kind of eerie, but strangely grounded at the same time… go figure!

CSI Files: There’s some pretty dark material in the movie! Does that take you to a dark place when writing those cues?

Brown: I think part of my job is that I have to be able to empathize with the characters on an emotional level in order to get inside the scene and support it, or play against it… or whatever we are trying to achieve in telling the story. I would just say (to put it simply) I work to understand what they are going through and the music I write reflects that.

CSI Files: How much did you collaborate with Anthony Zuiker on the project? How involved was he in the process of writing the cues?

Brown: Anthony helped clarify for me what in the score needed to be intimate and internal, and what needed thematic support. Our initial meeting was really helpful in that regard. Once the scoring process was underway, Anthony, and Josh Caldwell (the film’s editor) helped clarify where we needed to get more specific thematically, and where we needed to pull back and create more textural, internal moments. Listening to the CD, it’s almost like an opera where you can hear the story unfolding in the music.

CSI Files: What was the actual scoring session like?

Brown: For Dark Prophecy, I used a remote recording facility here in LA called Orchestra.net. After the score was approved, I turned the midi sequences and my audio demos over to my orchestrator to prep for the session, which took us about a week to do for Dark Prophecy. We sent the scores and parts files to Prague so they could print them out a day before the session, and then I showed up at 10:00 am at the remote recording studio here in LA (7:00 pm in Prague) and we started recording.

During the recording, I talked with the conductor through a direct Internet connection as they performed the cues to discuss things like dynamics, and other performance notes so the cues were performed exactly as I was hearing them in my head when I thought them up. We had a 4-hour session with 10-minute breaks per hour for all of the cues in Dark Prophecy. A bit of a breakneck pace but I’m happy with the results! The next day, I received the audio files from the mix via the Internet and took the next few days to mix and integrate the live orchestra into the cues.
 After the film dub, I went back and re-mixed most of the cues for the CD release.

CSI Files: You’ve also done the music on CSI: NY since the show’s beginning. Is it challenging to keep the music fresh for a show in its seventh season?

Brown: I have to put a lot of work into every episode for sure, but it doesn’t feel (especially) challenging to me because the show itself feels fresh this season. I’m really enjoying these new episodes—I feel like we’re telling stories as well or better than we ever have in the history of the show. I’ve been working very hard every season to bring my best to every episode, and I’m very proud of the work. I’m also really proud of everyone involved in the making of the show, it feels great to have accomplished so much in collaboration with everyone involved.

CSI Files: How has the music evolved over the course of CSI: NY‘s run?

Brown: The first season was very dark, and actually, just a bit of trivia, had the most comedic score material out of the 7 seasons so far combined! I established the orchestral/ambient/rock vibe pretty early on. That sound has been evolving over the seasons. I think the full score ‘sound’ of the show really came together in season 3. Everything had matured and the score was really firing on all cylinders by that time. During the past few seasons, I’ve been bringing more acoustic elements to the score. In season 6 of CSI: NY I was recording and experimenting with various live instruments in my studio constantly—and have a whole bunch of photos on my Facebook fan page of the process. I really like how the score has evolved, and continues to evolve!

CSI Files: Do you have any episode scores that stand out as particular favorites? Which ones and why?

Brown: To be honest, I usually like the one I’m working on currently the most. But just looking at last season, I enjoyed scoring Carmine Giovanazzo‘s episode “Sanguine Love” last year. Lots of interesting sounds that were fresh for the show in that one including some nice cello work by Tina Guo. Tina also played on some of my other favorites from last season including “Manhattenge” and “Point of View”. The later score was one of my favorites. A brilliant story written by Pam Veasey inspired by the films of Alfred Hitchcock. We decided to score this wonderful five-minute action sequence at the end of the episode by threading the score in and out of a live string quartet performance. So you first hear the score, which gave way to the live quartet performing in this wonderfully orchestrated and filmed ball in a Manhattan Conservatory, which led back into the score as a chase ensued, and finally they are all playing at once—the sound of a big orchestra and the quartet all sawing away together creating this wonderful cacophony… I had a lot of fun scoring that one. Tina’s performance added so much to that episode… really brought the cello parts in those cues out and breathed life into them. I also found a very fresh sound for the ending action/suspense cue in “Manhattenge,” a very sparse, modern cue with a focus on string orchestra and specifically Tina on cello once again… in the style of John Adams or Steve Reich, and then more open for the suspense, like you would hear in [Alban] Berg or [Arnold] Schoernberg‘s work. And that’s only 3 episodes! I enjoy giving this kind of attention to each episode because it winds up being more fulfilling for me, and I hope it serves the show well.

CSI Files: What is the process involved in scoring episodes of CSI: NY? How much time do you have to write the cues and score each episode?

Brown: I get together with the producers, writers and editors of the episode, the music supervisor and my music editor and we’ll watch through the episode and talk about the music and sound in detail. I usually get the locked picture in the next day or two, and then deliver the score about 4 or 5 days later. I usually get at least a few live sessions in during those 4-5 days, and then the day after I deliver the score, we all meet again to spot the next episode! Good times…

CSI Files: You’ve also scored video games. How do those differ from scoring television?

Brown: I’m working on one right now and the fact that we had the opportunity to record this huge, modern orchestral score with full (live) orchestra was really a blast! I’m just finishing up the final cues for now and it’s all sounding amazing. (TBA in 2011.) There are a lot of technical things with writing for games that are 180 degrees from writing for film and television. You have to understand how the music will work in context, in real-time. We’re basically creating a 4+ hour reactive continual score experience… it’s exciting stuff. I look forward to hearing it all in context, with the live orchestra in 5.1… delicious!

CSI Files: Do you have a dream project? If so, what is it?

Brown: Whatever David Fincher is currently working on!

source: csi files è è > http://www.csifiles.com/content/2010/11 ... ill-brown/

-- Merged Double Post --

Will Batts

Image Image

Without giving anything away, I'll just say it's a club where you breath in your liquor.

It's for 7.12 "Holding Cell"
perlnoir
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to CSI Spoilers