[OFFICIAL] CSI:NY - Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Spoiler discussion for 'CSI'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: [OFFICIAL] CSI:NY - Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Postby perlnoir on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:41 am

8.18:

~ Mac heads to a pharmacy after the team solves a case, but a man rushes in and demands drugs from the pharmacist. Mac identifies himself as a police officer, and the man shoots at him. Mac is able to take him out, but someone else shoots him while his back is turned.

~ Everyone is very upset, of course. Flack and Jo rush to the hospital, and Flack has to calm Jo down because she's panicking. The team is more determined than ever to catch whoever did this. (I see everyone but Sid, but I hope he'll be there.)

~ Mac "sees" Claire. He also has visions/hallucinations with other members of the team.
It's not much, but the main focus of the episode will be Mac's condition. It looks like we'll have a lot of good team interaction while they try to solve the case and wait to find out Mac's fate.

And no, I don't know what Mac's fate will be!

Source: Talk via faylinn
perlnoir
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby perlnoir on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:33 am

Exclusive: Rizzoli & Isles Star Cops CSI: NY Guest Role

Rizzoli & Isles star Lee Thompson Young is about to end up on the other side of a police investigation.

Young, who plays Detective Barry Frost, the weak-stomached partner of Angie Harmon's Rizzoli on the TNT cop drama, has landed a guest-starring role on CSI: NY, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

He will play Kelvin, a Manhattan accountant who has become successful despite a troubled upbringing in the projects. Although viewed by many in his old neighborhood as a hero, when he becomes the victim of a violent armed robbery, the CSIs will have to dig into his new and old life for answers.

Besides his work on Rizzoi & Isles, Young has also held recurring roles on Scrubs, FlashForward, Smallville and The Event.

CSI: NY airs Fridays at 9/8c on CBS. Young will appear in this season's penultimate episode, titled "Unwrapped." No air date for the episode has been set.

source; http://www.tvguide.com/News/CSINY-Lee-T ... 42056.aspx
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:58 am

Mac and Christine cooking up a storm from @CSI_NewYork set today! http://pic.twitter.com/qYqEkPfk
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:50 am

Is this the last season of CSI: NY? — Joseph
ADAM: No decisions have been made, so just like last season, the show's writers are trying to craft a finale that works both ways. "There will be no cliff-hanger, that I can guarantee you," executive producer Zach Reiter tells us. "What we're trying to build is a story that has enough resolution that if it truly is a series finale, it feels good. But at the same time, we're not shutting the door completely. There are more stories to tell, so hopefully we'll be back and can tell them."

source: http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/csi-ny/100102
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:21 am

Here was a pic from #CSINY on New York Street the other day. Great group photo. Last day of shooting 4 season 8! http://pic.twitter.com/cp2bKU4q

Here's a pic. Signing a few scripts between scenes! Down 2 the last scene of the last episode of season 8 #CSINY! http://pic.twitter.com/UrHxaNlO

perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:05 am

Kevin in Los Angeles, Calif.: Do you have any scoop for when CSI:NY returns?

What can you expect after the painfully long hiatus? Fun in the '50s! Producer Trey Callawaya tells us: "When we come back March 30, we are going to cover a lot of ground. We're going to get a special glimpse of what crime scene investigation was like in the 1950s. We're going to contend with a murder in our own lab, which will be fun to solve." Sorry about that hiatus, CSI:NY fans. But at least you know you have awesome stuff to come back to!

source: http://fr.eonline.com/news/watch_with_k ... _on/294019
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Question: I'm glad to see Undercover Boss moved to Friday's 8/7c time slot. But why didn't they treat A Gifted Man the same as Prime Suspect and bury it somewhere Saturday night or put it on hiatus? Where is my CSI: NY? Certainly its season isn't over already, is it? — Myrna

Matt Roush: Lots of questions over the last week about this latest midseason shuffle, which CBS maybe might have done a better job preparing fans for. If you're happy to see Boss on Friday, something had to give — and CBS opted to let CSI: NY take a break, sharing the 9/8c time period with A Gifted Man, which will play out its first season through the end of March. Once Man finishes its run, CSI: NY will return March 30 to finish out its eighth year to the end of the season. What that says about the renewal chances for either show remains to be seen.

source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ask-Matt-Co ... 43591.aspx
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:03 am

AJ Buckley
Thursday 8 March 2012

On a recent visit home to Dublin, CSI: NY star AJ Buckley chatted with Suzanne Byrne about living his childhood dream and how he plans to mark his dad's passing.

AJ Buckely returned home to Dublin recently
We thought the Guinness Storehouse would be the perfect location to meet AJ Buckley, star of worldwide hit CSI: NY; so he could enjoy the views of his home city while we chatted on his short trip home to Ireland. Typically, it was the foggiest day of the year, and the view, well that was non-existent. However, AJ took it all in good humour, and was just happy to be back in his homeland. The 34-year-old actor has had a tumultuous few months, and is happy to be seeking solace in the place that he was born.

Last October, the 15th to be exact, he got the devastating news that his father had pancreatic cancer. On December 1, his dad passed away. "My dad was my best friend by far. He was such a huge influence on my life. And his death just happened so quickly. It was such a huge shock. The thing about pancreatic cancer is that you never really find out you have it until it is too late, and that, is very, very frustrating."

Despite the crippling loss that AJ tells me he is still feeling, he is determined to find ways to help other families avoid going through what he has experienced. "I find it very difficult to grasp that in this day and age there is no test to find out if you have pancreatic cancer. I was blown away when I hear that. It's diagnosed mostly by a process of elimination, or if you go to the doctor about something else and they just happen upon it."

This summer, AJ plans to return to Ireland to spread his dad's ashes while he cycles the coast of Ireland, something he plans to make an annual event. "The ride this summer I know is going to be a very personal thing, but I want it to be the beginning of a foundation that will raise money to help identify a person or a group that are searching for a test. If you know you have pancreatic cancer at an earlier stage, there are alternative routes you can take. I wish my dad had that chance. When your number is up, your number is up and that is the reality, but at least if there is a way to help or prolong life . . . so once a year I plan on coming here with as many recognisable faces, cycle around this beautiful country and do what we can to help find a test."

AJ lived in Donnybrook in Dublin until the age of six and clearly remembers running up and down alongside the Dodder as a child. "My imagination really began when I lived in Ireland. I had a fun childhood - it was simple. What I loved most was that there was always people calling around to the house and I've tried to keep that sense of staying in touch with people throughout my life. And I love the pace of life here. I love coming back, going to one pub and staying there for eight hours. We are content with conversation, which I think is sometimes lost with people who are always rushing around, looking for the next big thing. Then someone breaks out into song, or starts dancing and that richness is missing for sure in other parts of the world."

The Buckley family moved to Vancouver in Canada when AJ was six and while sport played a big part in AJ's early life - his dad was his soccer coach - he knew that acting was something he would always end up doing. "My mum has me on videotape when I was about seven saying I wanted to be an actress! My dad was like 'huh - here's a soccer ball son'. I started doing plays right after high school, although I think the teachers just graduated me to get me out of the school."

Hollywood beckoned, and AJ was quick to land on his feet; his first feature film and first paying job came in 1998, starring in teen sci-fi thriller Disturbing Behaviour alongside Katie Holmes and James Marsden. It should have been the launch pad he needed, but the offers did not come rolling in. "There have definitely been ups and downs in my career - that's for sure. There was a time I went through when I couldn't get any work and it was tough. You have to be careful at times like that because under the table jobs are very enticing, but you couldn't risk losing your working visa. It actually came to the stage that I was living in my car. That isn't an exaggeration - I had no money. And it wasn't because my friends or my family weren't there for me; I just decided I didn't want to take anything from anyone. I wanted to do this on my own and I had to find myself as a man. I wanted every dollar I made to be my own."

In fact, AJ went from having no money and no job in 2005, to being in demand for two CSI franchises. CSI: Miami offered him a part initially, but when CSI: NY heard this, they called his agent, asked him to pass on the job and to come and work with them. "When I arrived on set they handed me the script and I had four lines. I knew these were the most important four lines of my career to date, but because I knew everything was riding on it, I got very nervous and started mumbling and came over all jumpy. I couldn't control it because I needed the job so badly. But the writers actually loved it and from that day on they wrote the part of Adam Ross, the geeky lab tech as a bumbling, nervous science whizz."

While AJ may have what it takes to join one of the biggest TV franchises in the world, learning his character's scientific dialogue was a bit of a problem. "I had dyslexia as a kid and I still have trouble reading and writing. So it is a constant battle to deliver some of the jargon that Adam has to say. Sometimes I have to put the words in really big font on the computers on the set so I can see them during the scene, or have people hold them up on big boards for me. And then to make matters worse, my Irish-Canadian accent doesn't always help when they want me to sound American!"

We may be just now reaching the mid-point on Season eight of CSI: NY on RTÉ Two, but AJ wrapped filming in February, and he isn't very forthcoming about whether Adam, or the show itself, will be returning for a ninth season. "I don't know to be honest if it's time for the lights to go out, on the show or for me personally. But it has been one hell of a ride to get to this point and I will always be grateful to CSI for changing my life forever. When my dad died this year, they were very good to me and let me go home to be with him, so I am missing for a couple of episodes in season eight, but then I come back and I think it is time for the evolution of Adam. So if we return for a ninth season, I would really like to see him come out of the lab and come into his own. Give him a gun I say - he's good at this crime-fighting business!"

While CSI is on hiatus in the US, Adam has several things lined up. First off is this trip to Ireland with his girlfriend Abby to attend the IFTAs and to show her the street he grew up on. It's their first trip to his homeland together and he says she is very excited to see all the places from the photographs they have hanging in their home.

Next, he will start pre-production on a movie he is both starring in and producing. "I play the bad guy so I am growing my hair and beard, which Abby is not too happy about! It is such a departure from Adam. I love the drama and I love the dialogue-driven script."
Then of course he will be back in Ireland in the summer for his cycle trip in honour of his father. "I feel in a way I'll be bringing my dad home. He made me promise I would take this trip with or without him, so I am going to do this for him. And if we can bring something good from it, then all the better."

Suzanne Byrne

source: http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0308/buckleyaj.html
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:30 am

Question: Has CSI: NY been canceled? — Carole

Matt Roush: No, not yet. I'm bringing this up again because I must get at least a dozen or more questions a week of this variety since the show's hiatus, which began in mid-February, telling me that CBS did a spectacularly bad job in preparing the fans for the break. CSI: NY will be back March 30 with new episodes through the end of the season — and I'll be reviewing the return episode, which includes a flashback element to the 1950s — but I should also take this opportunity to prepare fans for the worst. The show almost didn't make the cut last season, and much like how NBC began to scale back the Law & Order franchise after they had run for many years and became prohibitively expensive, the expectation is that CBS could trim one or more of the CSIs from the lineup next season. (In this case, though, the revamped mothership appears to be the most stable and least in danger.) This is by no means a done deal yet, so no premature grieving.

source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ask-Matt-Te ... 44680.aspx
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Mike in Albany, N.Y.: I need CSI: NY scoop now!

Goodness gracious! We typically wouldn’t reward harsh words with such awesome scoop, but we’re particularly excited about this one: We’ve got some new pledges coming on the show, but they’ll be leaving their kegs and togas in the past. Greek alums Spencer Grammer and Aaron Hill will make their first Cypress-Rhodes reunion in the upcoming episode "Flash Pop" set to air March 30. When we hit the set Grammer explained the eerie storyline: "A group of us lab techs find out that one of our own has been murdered and it’s in relation to this 1957 murder. So, it’s very exciting.” Grammer gushed saying it was a complete coincidence to meet up with her former costar. "It was one of those fated things. How weird is that?" It's a ZBZ/Kappa Tau murder party, ya'll!

source : http://fr.eonline.com/news/watch_with_k ... z1pCrL66cS
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Question: Do you think it is possible that CBS will cancel Unforgettable, CSI: Miami and CSI: NY? I really like all of them and I am hoping this won't come true. — Linda

Matt Roush: It is possible one or more of these shows won't be back in the fall, but just because they weren't included in CBS's announcement of early renewals (a whopping 18 series in all) doesn't mean they're necessarily doomed. It really depends on CBS's development and needs going into the new season, and as usual, they're approaching it from a position of stability and overall schedule strength. And while we often say about struggling networks (like NBC) that they can't cancel everything — thus ensuring the survival of bubble shows like Parenthood, for instance — with CBS the situation is that they can't afford, strategically anyway, to renew everything. The CSI spinoffs in particular are long-in-the-tooth and expensive, and much like when CBS eventually let go of decently performing veterans like Without a Trace, Judging Amy and Cold Case, at some point the programmers feel the need to make the call to freshen up the schedule with potential new hits — not always successfully, but CBS's track record is pretty solid. The separation anxiety fans are feeling is pretty common this time of year, but we'll just have to wait until May to see which of these shows make the cut.

source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ask-Matt-CB ... 45029.aspx
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:48 am

CSI:NY’s Gary Sinise Shares Secrets From Upcoming Episodes! - - > http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/03/ ... -episodes/
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Lee Majors Helps ‘CSI: NY’ Team Solve Copycat Murder http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/201 ... ck-dahlia/
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:46 am

CSI: NY First Look: Danny and Lindsay Butt Heads at Work http://www.tvguide.com/News/CSINY-First ... 45446.aspx
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:15 am

CSI: New York Boss Dishes on Tonight's Killer Comeback! Plus, Are We Getting a Series Finale?!
le 30/3/2012 - à 13h11 par CHRISTINA DOWLING

Robert Voets/CBS
CSI: New York is finally back after a mini winter hiatus and with it comes new crimes and more personal storylines. Yes, loyal readers, you can count on us for Danny and Lindsay scoop!

Showrunner Pam Veasey, tells us all about the final episodes of the season, including scoop on Mac's burgeoning relationship and what to expect from the season finale. Or is it a possible series finale? (Horrified gasp!)

MORE: Spoiler Chat Daily: Smash Gets a Surprising Same-Sex Hookup! Plus, Mad Men, Revenge and More

Flashback Copycat: If you have a fascination with old crime scene photos, don't worry you are not creepy, you are in good company! Veasey explains that the inspiration for the newest episode comes from a classic New York crime scene photographer, Weegee: "The story takes place in both past and present because the murder scene we arrive at [looks like] a famous murder."

CSI: NY routinely highlights cutting edge forensic technology but in this episode they go back to the 1950s and to basics. "What was beautiful was that we did create an old time autopsy room." Expect some techniques to remain the same, but not DNA. "Then if something had DNA on it, it meant Do Not Analyze." Our minds are blown.

Slow Motion Romance: Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise) has had a surprising number of beautiful women love interests throughout the years, but this season he is on the slow road to romance with Christine (Megan Dodds). "This is a relationship of two, sort of, reluctant people," Veasey dishes. "They don't know they are going towards a relationship, it just sort of happens." But Mac does have someone pushing him towards his new beau: his colleague, Jo Danville (Sela Ward). "She's protective of him and at the same time she's his worst enemy when it comes to relationships because she's pushing him out there." Get ready for some harsh wardrobe critics from Jo.

MORE: Bones Renewed for an Eighth Season—Ready to Celebrate Its 150th Episode?

Family Values: We don't like torches, pitchforks and/or an angry mob of CSI:NY fans at the E! offices, so of course we asked about your favorite crimestopping duo, Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo) and Lindsay (Anna Belknap). Veasey assures us that, "Danny and Lindsay, in our finale, have a conversation that speaks to their future." Despite how cryptic it looks in type, we promise it sounded like really good news when she was explaining: "They represent the family. Everybody else is single or divorced or alone so Danny, Lindsay and Lucy are our wholesome family." Awww.

Final Finale?: Speaking of, Veasey tells us that the season finale is as a whole all about family. And since CSI:NY has yet to get the green light for another season, the last episode of this season could be the last episode...ever. "It is really a show about the relationships of every single one of our characters with Mac Taylor. How they relate to him, how he's a father, a brother, a friend, a boss, a godfather to all of these people. And how each of the characters individual lives relate to his, how he needed them, how they needed him." We asked Veasey how the fans would react if this turned out to be the final episode and she promises the fans will be "satisfied."

MORE: Five Reasons You Shouldn't Give Up on The Killing

But if the series is picked up for a ninth season Veasey has an idea of the direction: "We'd love to do another season! Our cast would love to do it. I think our finale dictates really going home with them in another season and really expanding beyond the job. Eight seasons on a show is a great run, but I'm greedy and want more." Hey, we're greedy too.

So are you excited for this fresh new batch of CSI: New York episodes starting tonight at 9 p.m.? Are you praying to the CBS TV gods for one more season? Got a great theory on what Danny and Lindsay could discuss in the finale? Head to the comments!

source: http://fr.eonline.com/news/watch_with_k ... z1qfipfo1A

CSI: NY Boss Finds Inspiration in the Past, Hopes for the Show's Future
Mar 30, 2012 02:33 PM ET
by Adam Bryant
2 Comments

Gary Sinise
Does a photo from the past hold the clue to solving the CSI: NY team's latest case?

The CBS drama returns Friday (9/8c, CBS) with Mac (Gary Sinise) & Co. investigating the death of one of their own when a lab tech is found murdered in front of a New York City brownstone. But the crime scene is staged exactly like that of a famous 50-year-old cold case which Mac has seen photos of in the past.

Spring Preview: Get scoop on more of your favorite returning shows

Executive producer Pam Veasey tells TVGuide.com that she was inspired by a classic Weegee photo and other famous unsolved murder cases, such as the Black Dahlia, when crafting the episode, which flashes back and forth between present day and the 1950s.

"I wanted some pictures that evoked a past time," Veasey says. "I just had a fascination with the unsolved crime that's still out there and the detectives who are thinking, 'I just didn't get that one done.' Plus, I wanted a lot of old cars and really cool clothing."

The episode comes on the heels of Castle's recent 1940s noir episode and in the same season as 1960s-set shows The Playboy Club and Pan Am. But Veasey isn't worried about comparisons. "It's not like it hasn't been done before and it's not like it won't be done again," she says. "I think people are attracted to the genre of the past because shows like Mad Men were executed so well. We like to capture the past because it has mystery and glamour."

CSI: NY First Look: Danny and Lindsay butt heads at work

While Mac eventually gets an assist from the detective who never solved the original murder (guest-star Lee Majors), the episode takes an emotional look at the characters who help Mac and his team behind the scenes. "When people watch our show, they think the only team investigating a crime are the stars of our show," Veasey says. "But who are those people after hours, the late shift? They're a part of our family, so that's part of the story we wanted to tell. ... A lot of techs look up to [Mac] and know so much more about him than he knows about them. We wanted to give a little life to that group of people."

Mac will also be turning his focus to his new love interest Christine (Megan Dodds), beginning with a major lip-lock in Friday's episode. "It's clear these characters both make a choice to pursue this relationship, and Mac has to come to terms with that," Veasey says. "They're letting their emotions lead them rather than their logic, and that's rare for Mac Taylor. You see him make a few different choices and easily let Christine join his family that he cares so much about. We're looking to see where we're going for that in Season 9."

Exclusive: CSI: NY books Lee Majors for guest spot

That all depends on whether CBS renews the show. For the second season in a row, Veasey and her writers had to craft a finale that could double as a series finale if the cards don't fall their way in May.

"Family has been so important on our show, so we decided if this was the series finale, we wanted to express the value of each of these characters," Veasey says. "And I think for the first time, the audience will understand how different each of them were and how essential each of them were. We've got our fingers crossed for Season 9, but we're very much a bubble show. We beat the odds last year, and now we have to compete again."

source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/CSINY-Pam-V ... 45473.aspx
perlnoir
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to CSI Spoilers