Postby DarkUFO on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:15 pm

Thanks for the shooting date.
DarkUFO
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [OFFICIAL] CSI:NY - Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Postby perlnoir on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:45 am

Source : EW, Ausiello Files http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/12/ ... ts-csi-ny/

Scoop: Melina Kanakaredes exits 'CSI: NY'

by Michael Ausiello

“We hoped Melina would return to CSI: NY for another season, but we respect her decision to move on,” said CBS (network and studio) in a statement. “Her amazing talent and invaluable contribution to the success of the series are greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten. She will forever remain a friend to the network and studio and we wish her the very best.”

In her own statement, Kanakaredes said, “I made some amazing and lifelong friendships during my six seasons on CSI: NY, and I will treasure them forever.”

CBS declined further comment, but a source tells me that Kanakaredes was approached with a new deal but she opted to move on. I’m told her last episode has already aired. Ward, meanwhile, is the odds-on favorite to fill the show’s leading-lady void.

This marks the fourth onscreen shake-up at a CBS drama in the past month. As previously reported, A.J. Cook, Liz Vassey, and Eddie Cibrian have been released from their roles on Criminal Minds, CSI, and CSI: Miami respectively (although Cook will return briefly this fall to give fans closure).

Thoughts? Will you still love NY (which moves to Fridays at 9 pm this fall) without Stella? Sound off below!

Source : Fancast http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-ne ... it-csi-ny/

Melina Kanakaredes Out At ‘CSI: NY’! Sela Ward In?

by Matt Webb Mitovich

After six seasons as Stella Bonasera, Melina Kanakaredes is leaving CBS’ ‘CSI: NY.’ And according to at least one outlet, a familiar face is being eyed to replace her.

“We hoped Melina would return to ‘CSI: NY’ for another season, but we respect her decision to move on,” reads a joint statement from CBS and CBS Television Studios. “Her amazing talent and invaluable contribution to the success of the series are greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten. She will forever remain a friend to the network and studio and we wish her the very best.”

In her own statement, Kanakaredes shed no further light on the surprising exit, only saying, “I made some amazing and lifelong friendships during my six seasons on ‘CSI: NY,’ and I will treasure them forever!”

When Fancast spoke at length with Kanakaredes toward season’s end, she was high on the show she had called home since its launch. “This year for us has been a turning point, which is lovely,” she said. “[Episodes have been] fun and different and more character-driven…. It’s given everybody an opportunity to have a moment.”

As such, one must wonder if her exit is in somehow related to similar decision-making at other CBS crime shows. In recent weeks, ‘CSI’ has cut loose Liz Vassey, ‘CSI: Miami’ has released Eddie Cibrian, and ‘Criminal Minds’ is cuing up A.J. Cook’s swan song.

Already, Deadline.com hears that TV vet Sela Ward (’Once & Again’) is in talks to join ‘CSI: NY’ as a new female lead.

As reported by EW.com, it is not yet clear if Melina will return in any capacity to wrap up Stella’s storyline – though as a viewer I’d have to imagine she must, barring any one year “time jump” from the cliffhanging Season 6 finale.

Source : TVGuide http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kanakaredes ... 20448.aspx

Melina Kanakaredes Exits CSI: NY
Jul 12, 2010 05:05 PM ET
by Adam Bryant
Melina Kanakaredes will not return to CSI: NY this fall.

Check out photos of Kanakaredes on CSI: NY

Kanakaredes, who played Detective Stella Bonasera for six seasons on the procedural, chose not to return, CBS says.

"We hoped Melina would return to CSI: NY for another season, but we respect her decision to move on," the network said in a statement. "Her amazing talent and invaluable contribution to the success of the series are greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten."

Kanakaredes gave no further explanation in her statement. "I made some amazing and lifelong friendships during my six seasons on CSI: NY, and I will treasure them forever!" she said.

CBS declined to comment on whether Kanakaredes would appear in Season 7 to give closure to her character or if a new female lead was being considered to star opposite Gary Sinise. (Sela Ward is reportedly being considered, according to Deadline.com.)

Kanakaredes' exit follows those of CSI's Liz Vassey and CSI: Miami's Eddie Cibrian, each of whom failed to renew their contracts. CBS also cut Criminal Minds' A.J. Cook loose last month, though she will appear in two episodes to end her character's story.
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby cheggie on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:31 pm

First AJ, now Melina. I think I've done with CBS :thumbsdown:
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby perlnoir on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:55 pm

Yes it is the bloodbath this year for the actresses

It's confim, Sela 'll remplace Melina for season7. I love this actress, but Melina'll miss a lot
perlnoir
Show Expert

Photos Promo Season 7 CSI NY

Postby perlnoir on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:50 am

source: TV.com

First photo promo
It's Sela Ward who begin !!!

perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby HiroWorship on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:06 am

Personally, I love Sela Ward but I'm not seeing

her fit in on CSI NY. Will be interesting to see how they work her in
Last edited by HiroWorship on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mafia Timer
Image thank you Heiots
HiroWorship
Supporting Actor

Postby cheggie on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:16 pm

Oh come on!! Not even 24h and there's a photo promo??? :mad:

No offense but I don't see Sela on CSI NY. Have you read the profile of her character??? an experienced investigator from Washington, D.C., whose work is driven by her empathy for the victim They are letting Stella leave only to introduce the same character with another name.

I don't think I'll keep watching the show now.
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby perlnoir on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:52 am

Personally I am not going to condemn the actress to have accepted a work, because it is just that.
Melina decided to leave the series of her own free will, thus why to want it to Sela.

The actress has some experiment; she will know how to bring something to the show which largely needs a draft of oxygen to restart.
We know all that it is henceforth Friday evening when the series will have to show its ability, thus so much try the whole for the whole.

I am very saddened by the departure of Melina but my love for the show doesn’t stop to her, there are the other magnificent actors such as Gary, Carmine, Eddie, AJ, Anna, Hill, Roy who will perfectly know how to hold the bar.
Melina is a big actress, her role in the series was big and enormously brought to the series, but she doesn’t make the show.

Sela will have to show her ability with the unpleasant fans because she replaces a central character. The ball is in her camp to prove us that it has its place in the show but for it , she needs who us take her chance.

I shall thus leave with her the possibility of it making and the time also because Rome wasn't built in a day.
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby summerRose on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:05 pm

I started watching the show for Gary Sinise but stayed because I liked Melina and Gary's work together. I will watch the new season but still not sure about Sela Ward coming on as a replacement. :hmm:
ImagePSYCH

"Only thing that shuts my pie hole is pie"

Shows I watch:Body of Proof,Bones,Burn Notice,Castle,Chuck,Covert Affairs,CSI:Miami,CSI:NY,Hawaii Five-O,In Plain Sight,Person of Interest,The Mentalist,NCIS,NCIS: Los Angeles,Psych,White Collar
summerRose
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:34 pm

It is quite natural, I am one fan from the very beginning, and I am also a sceptic, the duet Garry / Mélina was fantastic, I hope that Mélina will have the opportunity to return for some episodes.

hillharper RT @GarySinise: Back 2 work 1 week fr tomorrow. gonna enjoy last week of hiatus. Season premiere Fri. Sept. 24. Sela Ward coming on board
about 2 hours ago via UberTwitter
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby cheggie on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:13 pm

Season 7 Premiere of CSI: NY will be called "The 34th Floor"

That's the floor where the lab is on. I just hope they don't make something happens on the lab and someone, meaning Stella, ends up dead :(
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby perlnoir on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:23 pm

7.01 "The 34th Floor":
~ It has been at least three months since the finale.

~ There is no mention of Stella in the spoilers, but I'm sure they'll explain everything in the episode itself.

~ Lindsay shot Shane - she is in her last session of department mandated therapy in the premiere. She also received a medal for her actions. The therapist, Dr Johnson, wants her to open up during their last session together because she is concerned about Lindsay, but Lindsay refuses to cry or do whatever else she thinks Dr Johnson expects from her. She loses her temper a bit when Dr Johnson says she wants Lindsay to keep coming to therapy, and she points out that Lindsay is more angry now. Dr Johnson also says that she really knows nothing about Lindsay despite spending three months in sessions together. Lindsay leaves when the session is over, throwing the medal in the trash.

~ It looks like Sela Ward's character is named Jo. She teases Adam at one point and has a bit of (what appears to be) friendly rivalry with Mac later on, when they both want to prove something about the investigation. (I say 'appears to be' because I can't tell for sure - but I don't think there's any animosity between them. )

~ The case itself involves a dead intern found in an architectural firm on the 34th floor of the building - just one floor below the crime lab. The intern's boss was also attacked on the street less than an hour later, but he survived. He says he didn't know his attacker and that the attack was probably unrelated. He's convinced that it was just a mugging gone wrong.

~ Adam seems certain that his days are numbered at the lab - Lindsay comes to see him about some evidence, and he tells her she might want to stay clear of him so she isn't guilty by association. I believe Jo teased him about having some sort of 'file' on him, and he's worried that it's true.

~ I see everybody present except for Sid and (obviously) Stella. That doesn't mean he (or she) definitely won't be in the premiere, but I thought I'd point it out.

~ I saw nothing between Danny and Lindsay, but I'm sure there will be some sort of scene after the therapy session
source: Talk via Faylinn http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php ... ost1088492
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby mayra1990 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:39 am

wow everyone is going crazy because Stella is gone....I would be too if i was CSI NY fan.....I know if Calleigh from csi miami left the show i would pass out..lol.....I watch some episodes of csi ny and i liked Stella thats was mainly the reason i watch some of the episodes :(
mayra1990
Viewer

Postby perlnoir on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:08 am

Question: Any word on whether Melina Kanakaredes will be returning to CSI: NY to give a proper goodbye to Stella? —Kirsty

Ausiello: Yep, there’s word: And here it is: No.

source: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/07/latest-from-ausiello-various-shows-22nd.html
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:46 am

Is the CSI: NY season finale cliff-hanger going to get a proper resolution? — Christina

ADAM: You bet. The new season picks up right after the finale's events, and somebody will be carried away in a body bag. Then, the story jumps ahead five months, to Lindsay receiving a medal for her bravery. But it's not an award she's thrilled to get, as you'll learn when you listen in on Lindsay's sessions with a therapist.
source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/New-Vampire ... 21074.aspx
perlnoir
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to CSI Spoilers