[OFFICIAL] CSI:NY - Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Spoiler discussion for 'CSI'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: [OFFICIAL] CSI:NY - Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Postby perlnoir on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:57 am

Video from E On-line. - -> HERE

Sela Ward Gets a Trial by Fire on 'CSI: NY'

When "CSI: NY" returns this fall, Sela Ward will be the new face in the lab joining Gary Sinise and the rest of the crime scene investigators as they track down the bad guys.

"The first day my character shows up to work there's a dead body in their lab," Sela tells ET, which is first on the set for her debut. "So right away, the whole show is trying to solve this crime: Who is she? How did it happen? How did she get in here? [It is a] very interesting storyline. I'm sort of thrown into the fire right away."

While Sela will be replacing Melina Kanakaredes, who played Det. Stella Bonasera, she won't be playing the same character. Rather, her role will be as a former FBI agent who is coming in from Washington, D.C. and is an established crime scene investigator, so she starts on an equal footing with the rest of the team.

"We have been a very tight group of actors working together," Gary says when asked about Melina's departure, "so it's always going to be a change. This is the first series I've been on so it's all new to me. I did not know the series would last six years, so I imagine there will be all kinds of changes along the way."

So far, Gary says the addition of Sela has been great and the cast and crew have been holding off on hazing her.

"Give it time, give it time," he jokes. "We need to just let her into the environment of 'CSI: NY' for a little bit and then the fun begins!"

"CSI: NY" premieres its new season on a new night and time: Friday, Sept. 24 at 9 p.m. on CBS.
perlnoir
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby perlnoir on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:02 am

7.05 "Out of the Sky":
~ The episode opens with NYC's top criminal defense attorney (Cutter) in his penthouse apartment talking to one of his clients (Melvin) - the guy brought a gun to him and expects his attorney to hide a murder weapon. Cutter moves toward the safe behind a picture on his wall, telling Melvin that he can't keep the gun.

~ Meanwhile, a helicopter heads over the top of the building, and two men rappel down onto the roof. They enter the building with military precision - and guns. Cutter's bodyguard (Paulson) realizes that something is up and pushes Cutter and Melvin into a closet to hide. The two men rush into Cutter's apartment and shoot Paulson in the stomach. Cutter and Melvin watch from inside the closet as the men break into the safe and steal its contents. Melvin is dumb enough to rush out of the closet to grab the incriminating gun that fell to the floor in their haste to hide. The two men see him and pump him full of bullets.

~ Later, the team is investigating the death of an unidentified man with a superficial knife wound on his neck and a bullet hole in the center of his forehead. They don't know who he is or why he got shot.

~ A woman (Jenny) comes to the precinct and gives them a name - it's her boyfriend Heath. She came to report him missing, and instead she ends up identifying his body. She says he was on his way to the precinct to turn in a duffel bag full of jewelry that he found. He wanted to keep it - it was obviously worth a fortune - but Jenny convinced him that the right thing to do was turn it in. Unfortunately, he got killed on his way to the precinct.

~ It looks like Danny might know the bodyguard, Paulson. (I don't think we've seen this character before, have we?) He comments about Danny's perfect life and family and says he acts like a saint (sarcastically).

~ I don't see any mention of Jo or Lindsay. It looks like the guys will be more front-and-center this week.

~ There appears to be a scene where Danny and Adam are discussing what they'd do if they found a duffel bag full of gems worth $2 million. Danny says he'd turn it in, no question, but Adam isn't so sure it's that simple. Hawkes comes in, and Danny asks his opinion on this ethical debate (which he says Adam is failing). Hawkes segues the conversation into something relevant to the investigation by saying he'd give the gems to the man with a knife to his throat - he found out the identity of the one who left the wound on the victim's neck. (That's the end of the conversation as far as I can tell.)

~ Danny and Paulson rode together when they were uniformed officers 10 years ago. Danny tells Flack about the night Paulson accidentally screwed up and lost his job - they arrested several young men for gun possession, and Paulson frisked the two guys they put in the back of their car. Unfortunately, he missed the fact that one of the guys had a revolver on him. The gun fell underneath the seat and was hidden - two different cops drove the car during the next shift, and a suspect found the gun and shot them. The cops survived, but Paulson lost his job. That led to him working in security for a scumbag lawyer like Cutter.

7.06 "Do Not Pass Go":
~ The episode starts with an older couple in an abandoned building. They seem to be following mysterious instructions. The man seems weary and wants to stop, but the woman refuses to give up - she has to know for sure.

~ They emerge on the roof of the building and hurry toward a red 1950s car. It's only when they get close that they realize the horror of what they're really seeing. There's a decomposing body in the front seat.

~ Hawkes and Sid remove the body from the car as Mac and Jo talk to the older couple. They came here looking for their missing son, Jeremy, and they assume the body is his. They received a lot of 'tips' after they posted that they would give a reward for information about their son's whereabouts, but they all turned out to be dead ends - until this one.

~ They are able to determine that the victim is not Jeremy - it's another missing young man from Jeremy's college. They still need to find Jeremy.

~ Poisoning seems to be involved.

~ I see a lot of Mac, Jo and Flack in this one. Flack has a good scene with the victim's mother.

~ We also get to learn more about Jo's family. We meet her 11-year-old son Elliot when he comes to the lab. He's not happy in New York and wants to go back to Virginia. Jo says their family has a chance to start over, and she convinces him to give school another try. At the end of the episode, she meets Elliot for hot dogs and buys an extra one. Elliot seems happier, but Jo is disappointed when her older son Tyler calls to say he can't come because he's having pizza with his friends from college.

Thankssssss a lot to Faylinn of Talk for all spoils!

@ThomasCalabro Shooting CSI NY next week! Look for me on air in about two months...details shortly

CSI: NY - Season 7 - BTS Photo of Robert Joy - - > http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/csi-ny ... t-joy.html

-- Merged Double Post --

adam_bryant Had a great chat with #CSINY executive producer Pam Veasey. Keep your eyes on @TVGuide for @CSINY_CBS scoop!
8 minutes ago via TweetDeck
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:43 am

Here's an edit for 7.06 ("Do Not Pass Go") - Jo's son Elliot has become her daughter Ellie. Ellie is a tomboy, and everything that was mentioned about Elliot (wanting to go back to Virginia, meeting for hotdogs, etc) stayed the same.

source: Faylinn's Talk

-- Merged Double Post --

Source : [url="http://twitpic.com/2j20z8"]Twitter Will Batts[/url][/b]

on set last night
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:52 am

Recap shane casey's story of csi ny - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cjfD...layer_embedded
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby DarkUFO on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:56 am

perlnoir wrote:
Recap shane casey's story of csi ny - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cjfD...layer_embedded

Thanks for all the great updates Perl :thumbsup:

The YouTube link above does not work. Do you have another one?
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby perlnoir on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:29 pm

perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby DarkUFO on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:24 pm

DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby perlnoir on Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:21 pm

You're welcome

Scoop! ‘CSI: NY’ Lawyers Up With TV Vet Gregory Harrison
by Matt Webb Mitovich
Aug 31st, 2010 | 6:51 AM

‘Trapper John’s Gonzo Gates will trade in his scrubs for $1,000 suits when Gregory Harrison guest-stars on CBS’ ‘CSI: NY,’ which this season is moving to Fridays at 9/8c.

‘CSI: NY’ Makes Transition With Little Hoopla and A ‘Genius’ Twist

Harrison will appear in Season 7’s fifth episode as Roland Cutler, New York City’s top criminal defense attorney, Fancast has learned. When a violent heist takes place at Cutler’s Manhattan penthouse, the high-priced lawyer must field questions from Mac and his team.

‘CSI: NY’ premieres its new season on Friday, September 24.

The Big Tease: Scoop On ‘Grey’s,’ ‘CSI: NY’ and More

Following his seven-year run on ‘Trapper John M.D.,’ Harrison went on to appear on shows such as ‘Falcon Crest‘ and ‘Sisters,’ the latter of which starred ‘CSI: NY’ newcomer Sela Ward.

Harrison’s long list of credits also includes the short-lived small-screen version of ‘Logan’s Run,’ the ‘Au Pair’ series of TV-movies, and the 2009 miniseries ‘Maneater.’

Most recently, he has recurred on The CW’s ‘One Tree Hill,’ where he plays the estranged father of Austin Nichols’ Julian.

Fall TV Premiere Dates: Mark Your Calendar!

Want scoop on your favorite fall TV show? Send your question to MattMtvguy@gmail.com and read The Big Tease every Tuesday at Fancast!

source: http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-ne ... -harrison/
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:25 pm

Some new information from TV Guide!

Please tell me Sela Ward won't be a new love interest for Mac on CSI: NY! — Max
ADAM: Executive producer Pam Veasey assures us that there is nothing of the sort planned in the immediate future. Besides, we hear that Mac will be too focused on a new adversary to worry about his love life. The show is building a three-episode arc for a new character, a high-ranking police official who butts heads with Mac over how to handle the media during a sniper case.

source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz-Gl ... 22535.aspx

Episode 7.07 is titled "Hide Sight."

Doesn't appear to be much right now, but here is what I can share.

*This episode appears to be the start of the three-episode arc. We're introduce to Chief Phil Carver, a superior to Mac. From what I gather, Mac and Carver have a hard time agreeing with each other, and seem to never be on the same page.

*There's a sniper attack, and Carver doesn't want Mac revealing to the public that there is a sniper on the loose.

*The killer appears to be targeting women.

*I only see Mac, Jo, and Lindsay mentioned. But being that the case is considered a high priority, I'm sure the others are involved as well.

source: Talk via faylinn

-- Merged Double Post --

Sela Ward is back! EW obtained this exclusive first look of Ward as Jo Danville, a former FBI agent from Washington, D.C. whose work is driven by her empathy for victims in the new season of CSI: NY. She’s pictured here with Gary Sinise as Det. Mac Taylor.

This summer, the CBS drama lured the former Sisters star to join the drama as a series regular — her first such role since starring on ABC’s Once and Again from 1999 to 2002. (She had a recurring part on House from 2005 to 2006.) ”It’s going to be a whole new world,” Ward, 54, told EW exclusively. ”On Sisters, I was always in the kitchen, saying things like ‘Could you pass the cookies, Georgie?’ Now I’m going to be doing this and…oh my. I’m just stepping into a room I’ve never been in.”

The producers reassured the veteran TV actress that she won’t be replacing Melina Kanakaredes, who opted to leave the show before it started production on its seventh season (her final episode as Det. Stella Bonasera aired in May). ”We wanted to make this a unique character for Sela,” explains exec producer Pam Veasey. ”It was all so unexpected but invigorating. She’ll help revitalize and jump-start our show. We get to reintroduce it and maybe attract new audiences, now that it’s on Friday.”

CSI: NY returns to CBS on Sept. 24.

source: http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/09/ ... in-csi-ny/

-- Merged Double Post --

CSI: NY - S7 BTS New Pics from Gary Sinise - - >
http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/csi-ny ... inise.html

-- Merged Double Post --

[b]CSI NY and Blue Bloods Promo - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTOkjsO3nk8
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:36 pm

7.01 photos promo

Image Image Image Image Image

source : spoilerTV[/quote]

-- Merged Double Post --

CSI: NY Scoop: Melrose Place's Thomas Calabro to Guest-Star

Melrose Place veteran Thomas Calabro will guest-star on an upcoming episode of CSI: NY, TVGuide.com has learned.

Fall Preview: Get scoop on your favorite returning shows

Calabro will play a man who is searching with his wife (Helen Slater, Smallville's Lara-El) for their missing son. Together, they follow clues left for them from a mysterious caller. The episode will air this fall.

Calabro, 51, is best known for his role as Dr. Michael Mancini on both the original seven-year run of Fox's Melrose Place and the CW's short-lived reboot of the series last year. He has also recurred on Without a Trace, Nip/Tuck and Greek, on which Slater has also guest-starred.

CSI: NY returns Friday, Sept. 24 at 9/8c on CBS.

source :arrow: TV Guide

-- Merged Double Post --

Message: He had a really bad day!!! 2 months of decomp...smells so fresh!!! Lol

source: http://tweetphoto.com/42892267
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:05 pm

Empyr - It's Gonna Be - Trailer US - - >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwrnXuX9Oqg

-- Merged Double Post --

New video promo for 7.01 episode : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Q3n...layer_embedded
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Photos Eddie Cahill on set: - - > http://totallyeddiected.com/on-set-csiny-season-7-3
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Please! Give us some scoops about ‘CSI: NY’s Danny and Lindsay! – cposoares via Twitter
Exec producer Pam Veasey tells me that in addition to negotiating the Melina Kanakaredes/Sela Ward swap, this Friday’s season opener takes a look at “what Lindsay is dealing with and going through” after Shane Casey paid that middle-of-the-night visit to the Messers’ nursery. “It speaks to Lindsay and who she’s become, and how valuable family is to her.” And Danny? “Obviously, he’s kind of shaken up by it,” Carmine Giovinazzo shares, “but he’s the rock for Lindsay right now. She’s the one that seems to need the support.”

Will we see familiar faces back on ‘CSI: NY’ this season? For one, I hope to see Flack’s sister, Sam, again. – Clarisse
As would EP Pam Veasey. Alas, ever since Kathleen Munroe last guested as Sam, “She became a very hard-working actress,” Veasey explains. “We tried to bring her back in a recent episode, and couldn’t work out the schedule. But we will definitely try again.”

source:http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-news/the-big-tease-scoop-on-good-wife-v-csi-ny-bones-and-more/

-- Merged Double Post --

Quick hop skip and a jump over to the #CSINY set for a photo shoot. 17 Days until the season premiere!

source: http://twitter.com/c_mars_
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:25 pm

adam_bryant

And... I just finished the #CSINY season premiere. Stella fans will miss her, but I think Sela Ward fits in nicely.

-- Merged Double Post --

Hill Harper from CSI: NY spoke at @CYLA today. It was awesome. He's a board member and does great work for kids
posted by @cupcakey88 from Twitter for iPhone 1 hour 31 mins ago

source: http://twitter.com/cupcakey88

-- Merged Double Post --

MattMitovich

Watching #CSiNY premiere.... POWERFUL opening scenes....
about 2 hours ago via ÜberTwitter

MattMitovich

#CSiNY premiere... *Really* nice work from Anna Belknap... Also, some fun stuff for AJ Buckley.
about 2 hours ago via ÜberTwitter
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:51 am

source: EW - - > http://www.ew.com/ew/

CSI: NY
Returning Drama, 9-10PM, CBS
When Melina Kanakaredes announced in July that she'd be leaving CSI: NY, exec producer Pam Veasey had already written six episodes featuring Kanakaredes' Stella. "It was tough, but at the same time, that kind of surprise does wonderful things [creatively]," says Veasey. Enter Jo Danville (Once and Again's Sela Ward), who joins the team after Stella relocates to New Orleans. What do we know about Jo? "Think of a very confident, professional Southern woman who kicks her shoes off Friday night and spends time with her family," says Veasey. Early on, Jo & Co. investigate a murder on the webcam site Chatroulette, and Mac (Gary Sinise) confronts a former gang leader (guest star Edward James Olmos) in East Harlem. As for season 6's cliff-hanger--in which serial killer Shane (Edward Furlong) seemingly took a shot at Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo)--Veasey has good news: "No one on our team died." SEPT. 24
perlnoir
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to CSI Spoilers