Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: [OFFICIAL] CSI:NY - Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Postby perlnoir on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:41 pm

CSI: NY - Episode 7.02 - Unfriendly Chat - Press Release http://bit.ly/cf1ThN

7.02 Unfriendly Chat

source: cbs

-- Merged Double Post --

GarySinise

http://twitpic.com/2o6a60 - 11 DAYS TO GO! TUNE IN!
22 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

GarySinise

http://twitpic.com/2o6bt5 - Oops! A Mis spelled word the 1st time. Correction here. ☺
15 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

-- Merged Double Post --

Can you get me some scoop on ‘CSI: NY’s Flack? Pleeeease! – emilyhawks via Twitter

Factoring in the Sept. 24 season premiere’s time jump, it is now well over a year since Flack lost Detective Angell, so you can count on his angsty days being behind him. “As a result of playing all that [last season], I personally felt that the character started to feel a little alienated,” says Eddie Cahill, “so I am longing to get back into the groove.” Flack however is not immediately pegged for a new love interest; instead, EP Pam Veasey tells me that Hawkes is due for a hook-up.

Source: Fancast :arrow: http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-ne ... -and-more/

-- Merged Double Post --

@hillharper 10 Days till the BIG #CSI:NY Premiere!!!! http://plixi.com/p/45095970
perlnoir
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby perlnoir on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:20 pm

7.08 "Scared Stiff"

~ The victim, Isabel, ran through a wooded area before she died. She was terrified, and she was trying to escape from whoever was chasing her - but she didn't get away. Park workers found her body.

~ Lindsay and Adam process Isabel's white dress, and Lindsay finds a strange yellow substance on her shoulder. She recreates the pattern with a mannequin, and it proves that Isabel was grabbed from behind.

~ Whatever happened to Isabel, it appears she wasn't the only victim - although the other women didn't die.

~ Flack and Hawkes have a good interrogation scene, and it looks like Jo has some nice scenes with the previous victims.

source: Faylinnn via Talk

-- Merged Double Post --

SAG/NON MALE 30'S FOR FEATURED ROLE SNIPER VIC *PLS READ CAREFULLY*
LOOKING FOR A MALE WHO CAN PORTRAY 30'S, ALL ETHNICITIES TO BE A SNIPER VICTIM. MUST BE COMFORTABLE IN EXTENSIVE MAKEUP ON CHEST, WITH A RIVER OF BLOOD BENEATH HIM SPLAYED OUT ON THE STREET.

AG CAUCASIAN MALE EDDIE CAHILL PHOTO DOUBLE
SAG CAUCASIAN MALE WHO CAN PHOTO DOUBLE FOR EDDIE CAHILL. LIGHT SKINNED CAUCASIAN, BROWN SHORT HAIR (LITTLE SALT) BETWEEN 6'1 AND 6'3 SLIM BUILD PLEASE SPECIFY CORRECT SIZES.

SAG GARY SINISE PHOTO DOUBLE
LOOKING FOR A SAG CAUCASIAN MALE BETWEEN 25 AND 55 WHO CAN PHOTO DOUBLE FOR GARY SINISE. MUST BE BETWEEN 5'8 AND 5'10 SLIM BUILD, BROWN SHORT HAIR PLEASE SPECIFY CORRECT SIZES.

SAG 30'S UPSCALE BUSINESS WOMAN FLEX

SAG/NON 20'S FEMALE NYU TYPE
SAG/NON NYU TYPE, CUTE GIRL WHO CAN PORTRAY 20'S COLLEGE STUDENT.

SAG MALE CAB DRIVER WITH CAB 40'S
SAG MALE WHO CAN PORTRAY 40'S WITH A CAB.

AFTRA - SUIT JACKET SIZE 40,

SAG EMT WITH UNI FLEX

SAG UPSCALE DETECTIVE/ CRIM SCENE INVESTIGATORS/ UNDERCOVERS FLEX

Source: castingnetworks

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/csi-ny ... z0zXyXOx5Z

-- Merged Double Post --

Mac Taylor, meet the new thorn in your side: John Larroquette.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that the multiple Emmy-winning actor—who has carved out quite the second career for himself as a dramatic thesp (see: The Practice, Law & Order: SVU, Boston Legal)—is headed to CSI: NY for a multi-episode arc.

The former Night Court horndog will play Deputy Chief of Manhattan Borough Detectives Ted Carver. Hard-nosed and savvy, Carver rose through the ranks and carefully navigated the political waters of the NYPD to obtain the rank of Deputy Chief. Look for him to butt heads with Mac when it appears the Big Apple is being terrorized by a sniper.

Larroquette is slated to first appear in the Nov. 5 episode.

Source: EW

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/csi-ny ... z0zcxctT00
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:20 am

source: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... again.html

Gary Sinise is in new co-star Sela Ward's company for the upcoming season of "CSI: NY," but it isn't the first time.

With location filming in New York set for next week, production is well under way on the CBS drama's seventh year, which launches in the series' new Friday slot Sept. 24. While investigating a murder inside the crime lab itself, Sinise's Detective Mac Taylor welcomes forensics sleuth Jo Danville (Ward), the replacement for Stella Bonasera with the departure of founding cast member Melina Kanakaredes.

The arrival of "Once and Again" and "Sisters" Emmy winner Ward has given Sinise, who's also a producer on "CSI: NY," a pleasant reunion. "I met her once, back in the '90s, when we were on the award-show circuit," he tells Zap2it. "I was being nominated for (the HBO film) 'Truman,' and she also was in the TV-movie category for the Jessica Savitch movie she did (Lifetime's 'Almost Golden: The Jessica Savitch Story,' about the late newscaster).

"We were bumping into each other at the different events, and I sat next to her at the CableACE Awards. She won and I won, and when the winners are backstage, they get their picture taken together. There's a picture online somewhere of us holding up our awards, and that was the last time I saw her until she came to work on our show."

Sinise credits CBS president and CEO Leslie Moonves with eyeing Ward for the sudden "CSI: NY" opening: "Les is pretty smart, and he had Sela in mind from the get-go as soon as we were looking for somebody new. That's where we started, and that's where we ended."

Since he has some extra days off from "CSI: NY" before hitting the Big Apple, Sinise's destination this weekend is Alaska, one stop among the many he makes on behalf of the USO. He performs regularly for servicemen with his Lt. Dan Band, named for his "Forrest Gump" movie character.

"We're going to a bunch of different bases up there and seeing a lot of the troops," Sinise reports. "We've played just dozens and dozens of bases all around the world, some of them multiple times. I've played in hospitals for the wounded and at various events to support the soldiers and their families, and it's something I really appreciate doing."

Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Zap2it on Facebook for the latest movies, TV and celeb news.

Photo credit: Getty Images

« 'Desperate Housewives': 'Smallville's' John Schneider plays Brian Austin Green's dad FROM INSIDE THE BOX MAIN 'Big Brother 12's' Britney's house burns, fiancee saves dogs »

RELATED CONTENT
CBS talks 'Hawaii Five-0,' 'CSI' moves: Live from the TCA press tour
'CSI: NY' adds Sela Ward as an investigator transplanted from D.C.
Melina Kanakaredes leaves 'CSI: NY'

CSI: NY - Episode 7.02 - Unfriendly Chat - Promotional Photos

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/csi-ny ... z0zfAToIPr
http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/csi-ny ... at_15.html

-- Merged Double Post --

‘CSI: NY’s Mac Finds A Worthy Adversary In John Larroquette
by Matt Webb Mitovich
Sep 15th, 2010 | 3:43 PM | Comments 0
‘CSI: NY’s Mac Taylor (played by Gary Sinise) has a bit of an odyssey ahead of him this season, and a character played by five-time Emmy winner John Larroquette (’Boston Legal’) promises to be one of the major complications.

‘CSI: NY’ Makes Transition With Little Hoopla and A ‘Genius’ Twist

In previewing the CBS drama’s new season premiering Friday, September 24, ‘CSI: NY’ showrunner Pam Veasey told Fancast, “Mac’s going through the worthy adversary phase of his career, where he goes toe-to-toe with higher-ups, formidable criminals, or people who test his judgment.”

Among those roadblocks will be Larroquette’s Ted Carver, the Deputy Chief of Manhattan Borough Detectives who made use of his political savvy to rise up the ranks. Carver and Mac will clash during multiple November sweeps episodes when a sniper appears to threaten NYC, EW.com reported.

The Big Tease: Scoop On House, CSI, CSI: NY, Chuck and More!

Preceding Larroquette as another “worthy adversary” for Mac will be ‘Battlestar Galactica’ alum Edward James Olmos, who in an early Season 7 episode will guest star as “a criminal Mac put away many years ago,” Veasey tells us.

Scoop! ‘CSI: NY’ Lawyers Up With TV Vet Gregory Harrison

‘CSI: NY’ fans, are you excited for Mac’s Season 7 arc, where he will be tested by assorted foes?

Want scoop on your favorite TV show? Send your question to MattMtvguy@gmail.com and read The Big Tease every Tuesday at Fancast!

-- Merged Double Post --

CSI NY Poster season 7

-- Merged Double Post --

7.03 "Damned If You Do"

09.16.2010 WHEN A COUPLE IS FOUND BEATEN IN THEIR HOME, THE CSIs THINK THEY HAVE THE SUSPECT AFTER A MOTHER IDS HER SON, BUT ALL IS NOT WHAT IT SEEMS, ON "CSI: NY," FRIDAY, OCT. 8
"Damned If You Do" - When a married couple is found beaten in their home, a mother identifies her son as the killer and the CSIs believe they have their suspect, but all is not what it seems when another witness comes forward, on CSI: NY, Friday, Oct. 8 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

Det. Mac Taylor........................ .... Gary Sinise
Jo Danville...................................... Sela Ward
Danny Messer................... Carmine Giovinazzo
Dr. Sheldon Hawkes....................... Hill Harper
Det. Don Flack............................. Eddie Cahill
Lindsay Monroe Messer............ Anna Belknap
Adam Ross.................................... AJ Buckley
Dr. Sid Hammerback...................... Robert Joy

GUEST CAST:

Grace Travers.......................... Stacy Edwards
Billy Travers............................. Taylor Handley
Owen Hicks............................... Alex Solowitz
Nina Benson.......................... Mary Chris Wall
Jules Roday........................Crystal Reed
Officer Giles............Chad Michael Collins
Paul Benson.........................Brian
Guest Officer Campbell...................Deji LaRay
Manny Ravrara...........Marcos De La Cruz
Steven Benson.............Jonathan Goldstein

GENRE: CRIME DRAMA, ACTION, ADVENTURE, SUSPENSE, MYSTERY

WRITTEN BY: Trey Callaway, one of the series' co-executive producers

DIRECTED BY: Eric Laneuville
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:23 am

'CSI: NY's' Sela Ward: 'The dialogue alone makes your head spin.'
By Jay Bobbin | September 16, 2010 4:30 PM ET

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/09/csi-nys-sela-ward-the-dialogue-alone-makes-your-head-spin.html

'CSI: NY's' Sela Ward: 'The dialogue alone makes your head spin.'
By Jay Bobbin | September 16, 2010 4:30 PM ET
Sela Ward didn't have much to go on when she was offered "CSI: NY," but one factor made all the difference: Gary Sinise.

The Emmy winner for both "Sisters" and "Once and Again" returns to series work when she joins the CBS crime drama in its seventh-season premiere Friday, Sept. 24. Replacing Melina Kanakaredes -- who opted out of the show -- Ward is creating a fresh character as forensics detective Jo Danville, giving her lots of interaction with Sinise's alter ego Mac Taylor.

And that's something Ward couldn't resist.

The actress has fond memories of the time she and Sinise shared on the award circuit in the mid-'90s when they were winning honors for cable-movie biographies, she for Lifetime's "Almost Golden: The Jessica Savitch Story" and he for HBO's "Truman."

"We were seated next to each other several times," Ward tells Zap2it, "and I kept thinking, 'This is the neatest guy. I'd love to work with him one day.' In the back of my mind, my experience of him was that he was so gracious. He's such an accessible, down-to-earth guy, I never forgot how taken I was with who he was as a person.'"

The same could be said of the "CSI: NY" producers' view of Ward, since they allow her a unique entrance in the season premiere. Jo steps off an elevator into the crime lab that is otherwise empty ... except for the slain young woman who has somehow ended up there.

"It actually wasn't written that way," Ward reports. "It was originally written so that you see Jo walking down a New York street with her rolling bag and stopping to hail a cab, then this guy tries to pick her up as she's getting in the cab.

"When she blows him off, he starts to take the cab -- and she smashes his foot with her rolling bag. Then our producer Pam [Veasey] said, 'Why are my guys not the first people she meets?' So they decided to change that up."

Ward was cast so quickly after Kanakaredes' decision to leave, she had no time for research, but she's looking forward to visiting an actual CSI lab. "I'm still trying to find my way," she admits several episodes into filming. "It's not an easy thing to walk into this kind of world if you've never done anything like this before. The dialogue alone makes your head spin."

Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Zap2it on Facebook for the latest movies, TV and celeb news.

Photo credit: Getty Images

'CSI: NY' adds Sela Ward as an investigator transplanted from D.C.

-- Merged Double Post --

7.03 "Damned if You Do"
source: Cbspressexpress

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

-- Merged Double Post --

CBS Chevy Fall Premiere Party Video http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/cbs-ch ... video.html

CSI: NY Video season premiere 7x01 The 34th Floor- - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_LJNmAYEn4
Last edited by perlnoir on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:08 am

http://twitter.com/mozellamusic

mozellamusic Hey CSI NY fans- a brand new songs of mine called "Gonna Getcha" will be in the season premiere next week! 9/24 on CBS!

I search this song on youtude, it seems this

- - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfkpSRZM6bc
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:54 pm

LA Times interview with Sela

source: via Talk http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ne ... 8210.story

The actress quickly ramps up for a return to TV after a new character is added to 'CSI:NY' and she gets the casting call.

Sela Ward, 54, returns to prime-time television this fall, filling Melina Kanakaredes' spot on "CSI: NY." CBS' popular police procedural returns Friday night for its sixth season.

Tell me about your character Jo Danville in "CSI: NY."

I love her. She's smart and she's a little artsy and edgy. To me, she's a character very different from the FBI crime investigator world. Our background is that she has come from Virginia — the FBI in D.C. — and her field of expertise is DNA evidence and her philosophical point of view is everyone is innocent until the science proves otherwise. She also has background in criminal psychology, so that's very interesting to me and fun to play.

How much input did you have into shaping her?

Get breaking entertainment news, delivered to your mobile phone. Text ENTERTAIN to 52669.

As much as I could. Basically, this was such a fast-track opportunity. I was on the porch swing at the farm in Mississippi and I got this call when Melina [Kanakaredes] decided not to renew her contract and they were scrambling, asking will you do this part? So I hopped on a plane and they hadn't even written her yet. So we had conversations about who is she. It was a mad scramble, and we probably don't even have her totally fleshed out yet. I got a script three days before we started shooting.

How much time was there between that phone call and the day you got the script?

A week and a half. We started filming right away and are still in conversations about where we want her to go, what would be interesting to play. She has a daughter that she adopted from a woman that she helped put away, so that's going to be very interesting. And she has a biological son who's 19. She's divorced, and there's a lot of fun material there, maybe a chance in a procedural show to have a little more depth in the character's personal life moving forward.

One recent character you played was House's girlfriend, who would have had to be pretty formidable herself. Did you enjoy doing that arc on "House"?

I enjoyed working with Hugh [Laurie] because I think he's incredibly talented, obviously. I don't enjoy that world. I spent too many years in hospitals with my mother, for nine years. And I'm totally hypochondriacal as a result and totally neurotic medically. It was even hard for me to be on that pretend set and hear people screaming and moaning in the scene that would precede me. Brilliant show, but not a world I'd want to live in day in, day out, for my job.

Why do you think you've had a stronger profile in television than film?

I think that having started in the business late and having started out in film with "Nothing in Common" [1986] and "Rustlers' Rhapsody" [1985] and "Hello Again" [1987], I couldn't get a job in TV. None of those movies did well, so it wasn't as though I was catapulted by a huge hit. And I just don't think I was strong enough as an actress at that point to really fly. I got that opportunity in television, and that kind of duration and daily practice allowed me to fall on my face one week and the next week be fabulous. And those were long periods of time — "Sisters" was six years and "Once and Again" was three and a half years. I just learned so much that that was when I started to really hone my talent and fly.

How is it working in Hollywood at this age?

I thought I was going to retire after I did the movie "The Stepfather" [2009], which wasn't incredibly gratifying in terms of, how bright could this woman be? To hook up with a serial killer, yeah. And miss all those signs. I thought this is really not fun for me, to get to a point where, they're either making the $300-million "Avatar" movies or the $30-million films. There's nothing in between, and there's just a handful of women working consistently. And I thought I'm really not interested in playing the nondescript mom anymore. So I went back to my painting studio and totally immersed myself again in that and my kids for the longest time. Then when I got this call, I thought maybe this is really a good time. My kids are now older. And now I'm going, OK, I miss being in front of the camera, and I feel like I now am much more interesting as an actor than I ever was.

And I'm not sure how much of it isn't a mindset as opposed to a real limitation. I think there are some, but I still think there's work out there now, and as I look at the dailies, I go, I'm so not done. I have a lot more to give and to enjoy for myself.

I understand you predated Jessica Simpson in making a documentary on beauty in response to your treatment in the industry. Was that for TV?

It was something I produced for Lifetime. I had wanted to explore American culture and why we do not honor age and wisdom and life experience in the same way other cultures do. I think I was 38 or 39, and I had gone up for a James Bond film, and the comment from the director was, "You know I really wanted Sela 10 years ago." That was devastating, and it was one of those midlife crisis moments where I was so struck that this is so pervasive, this fear of aging. That was the impetus for the documentary. Lifetime wanted to make it more about plastic surgery. So it wasn't what I wanted it to be ultimately, but it was a stab at it.

Have you ever driven down Sela Ward Parkway in your native Meridian, Miss., and how did that feel?

You have to drive down it to get anywhere basically. It's a town of 50,000, and it cuts through the middle of town. It was a great honor. Mississippi and Meridian where I come from are real important to me because it's a state that has so much lack in it, so much poverty and also so much possibility at the same time. I started a children's home there called Hope Village for Children, which is for abused and neglected kids, an emergency shelter and also permanent shelter. I'm very entrenched there. I can't really explain it except to say it lives deep within me.

calendar@latimes.com

Copyright © 2010, Los Angeles Times

-- Merged Double Post --

Audition Scott gordon for csi ny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX3Cz8NC ... r_embedded

-- Merged Double Post --

GarySinise Its early folks. Up at 5:15 for a 5:45 pick up. Shooting all day.John Laroquette starts 3 show arc today. Looking 4ward to working with him

-- Merged Double Post --

CSI: New York - Promo (#2) - 7.01 "The 34th Floor"
- - >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoy5Y0josNk
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:41 am

A.J. Buckley brings the funny to CSI:NY
Star talks about his new Internet show that parodies reality TV

Buckley plays scientist Adam Ross who often lightens things up on the series.
IAN JOHNSTON
Published: September 21, 2010 5:52 p.m.

CSI: New York star A.J. Buckley is the resident comedian on a show that will never, ever be mistaken for a comedy. Still, he’s good with that.

“If you look at the first season of CSI, it was darker, gloomy and really depressing. Not even one joke,” says Buckley who plays scientist Adam Ross on the series.

“I think my character came on in the second season as sort of the light in the darkness.
Whenever there’s a heavy bit, I show up to crack a joke.”

Still, a “joke” on CSI: NY — which begins its seventh season this week — ain’t exactly your usual knee-slapper.

“Sometimes the comedy is just in the scientific jargon. Make it funny they say. And I’m like — just how do you do that? I read them and think – what the hell am I saying?”

Buckley, who was born in Ireland and raised in British Columbia, says changes for the newest season of CSI: NY will be minimal. Original cast member Melina Kanakaradis (who played Stella) has left the show however, and will be replaced this season by Sela Ward.

Which is too bad for Buckley’s character — who had a one-nighter with Stella last season.

“You sleep with me, you leave the show,” jokes Buckley. “Naww, it was sad to see Melina go. But Sela Ward brings an incredible new dynamic.”

Staying with the funny, Buckley recently wrote/directed and starred in an Internet side project, GhostFacers. It’s based on Ed Zeddmore, a character Buckley played on the popular series Supernatural.

A silly parody of paranormal reality series like Ghost Hunters, GhostFacers has become an Internet hit in the last year. More webisodes are already in the works.

“GhostFacers — we’re the real ghost hunters,” Buckley insists. “They’ve never even seen a ghost. We’ve caught ghosts. One of our guys was actually killed by a ghost.”

source: http://www.metronews.ca/vancouver/scene ... -ny--page0

Sneek Peak csi ny 7.01
- - > https://www.cbsmediamanager.com/video_d ... php?id=558

-- Merged Double Post --

CBSPressExpress

09.21.2010 WHEN A POWERFUL GANG LEADER IS MURDERED, THE CSIs MUST FIND THE KILLER BEFORE A STREET WAR BREAKS OUT, ON "CSI: NY," FRIDAY, OCT. 15
Edward James Olmos ("Battlestar Galactica,") Guest Stars as Luther Devarro, Co-Founder of the Gang

"Sangre Por Sangre" - When the leader of a powerful New York gang, El Puño, is found murdered, the CSIs must find the killer before a street war with a rival gang breaks out. Mac asks the co-founder of El Puño, Luther Devarro, a man he put behind bars years before, for help, on CSI: NY, Friday, Oct. 15 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Edward James Olmos guest stars as Luther Devarro.

SERIES REGULARS:

Det. Mac Taylor........................ .... Gary Sinise
Jo Danville...................................... Sela Ward
Danny Messer................... Carmine Giovinazzo
Dr. Sheldon Hawkes....................... Hill Harper
Det. Don Flack............................. Eddie Cahill
Lindsay Monroe Messer............ Anna Belknap
Adam Ross.................................... AJ Buckley
Dr. Sid Hammerback...................... Robert Joy

GUEST CAST:

Luther Devarro............... Edward James Olmos
Fernando Flores....................... Mario Ardila Jr
Lisa Brigosa.....................Yara Martinez
Rick Devarro.....................Yancey Arias
Hazel Ortega......................Lymari Nadal
Panthro Torres....................... Eddie Fernandez

GENRE: CRIME DRAMA, ACTION, ADVENTURE, SUSPENSE, MYSTERY

WRITTEN BY: Aaron Thomas

DIRECTED BY: Norberto Barba

RATING: To Be Announced
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:19 pm

GarySinise

http://twitpic.com/2r93yd - John Laroquette as Chief Carver. Mac and Carver meet the press to discuss a case

FightLawyer

CSI NY scene outside NY Supreme Court-can't tell if the police are off duty or actors http://twitpic.com/2r99ni
19 minutes ago via Twitpic

GarySinise

http://twitpic.com/2r9g4j - My buddy Tony Lo Bianco visits the set
18 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

-- Merged Double Post --

Source: http://www.torontosun.com/entertainm.../15449356.html

'CSI: NY' welcomes new detective
By BILL HARRIS, QMI AGENCY
Last Updated: September 23, 2010 10:54am

Adam Ross (A.J. Buckley), left, and Det. Josephine "Jo" Danville (Sela Ward) try to figure out if what Adam saw was real in an online chat, on CSI:NY, scheduled to air October 1. (Richard Cartwright/CBS)
A.J. Buckley’s character on CSI: New York already is geeky and nervous enough. But the addition of Sela Ward’s character really pushes all his nerdy buttons.

The Canadian Buckley plays lab technician Adam Ross on CSI: New York, which kicks off its seventh season Friday, Sept. 24 on CBS and CTV. New to the cast is Detective Jo Danville, played by Ward.

The first scene featuring Adam and Jo is hilarious.

“Oh, thanks, I still haven’t seen it yet,” Buckley said. “But Pam Veasey (executive producer of CSI: New York) told me after she came from the editing room that it was a great scene.

“How great is Sela, huh? It was sad to see Melina (Kanakaredes) go, but at the same time, Sela has given it a new spin. And going into season seven, you look for things like that.”

Your Comments

-- Merged Double Post --

Source: http://www.torontosun.com/entertainm.../15449356.html

'CSI: NY' welcomes new detective
By BILL HARRIS, QMI AGENCY
Last Updated: September 23, 2010 10:54am

Adam Ross (A.J. Buckley), left, and Det. Josephine "Jo" Danville (Sela Ward) try to figure out if what Adam saw was real in an online chat, on CSI:NY, scheduled to air October 1. (Richard Cartwright/CBS)
A.J. Buckley’s character on CSI: New York already is geeky and nervous enough. But the addition of Sela Ward’s character really pushes all his nerdy buttons.

The Canadian Buckley plays lab technician Adam Ross on CSI: New York, which kicks off its seventh season Friday, Sept. 24 on CBS and CTV. New to the cast is Detective Jo Danville, played by Ward.

The first scene featuring Adam and Jo is hilarious.

“Oh, thanks, I still haven’t seen it yet,” Buckley said. “But Pam Veasey (executive producer of CSI: New York) told me after she came from the editing room that it was a great scene.

“How great is Sela, huh? It was sad to see Melina (Kanakaredes) go, but at the same time, Sela has given it a new spin. And going into season seven, you look for things like that.”

Your Comments

-- Merged Double Post --

'CSI: NY' Season 7 Preview: New Night, New Star ... But Still in New York
by Kelly Woo, posted Sep 23rd 2010 6:00PM
Filed under: FeaturesCelebrity InterviewsFall TV
Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream
When 'CSI: NY' returns for its seventh season, it'll be the new kid on the block -- the Friday night block. The series has moved from its former Wednesday timeslot to air Fridays at 9PM ET on CBS.

And that's not the only big change to take place: Original star Melinda Kanakaredes, who left the series this summer, is being replaced by Emmy-winning actress Sela Ward. The only thing not changing, it seems, is the location -- still New York, New York.

During a location shoot in Central Park, Ward told us how happy she was to join the veteran hit series. "I'm loving being on the show. I love the character, love Gary Senise, love all of the cast," she said, adding "It's very different for me, so I'd be lying if I didn't say this may be the hardest thing I've ever done ... but slowly but surely, I think I'll get my sea legs."

Ward and Sinise haven't worked together before, though they'd met on the awards circuit (he for 'Truman,' she for 'Almost Golden: The Jessica Savitch Story'). And when the offer to join 'CSI: NY' came in, Ward couldn't pass up the opportunity to work with the fellow Emmy winner.

"I had made a conscious choice not to do a lot of work for a while while my kids were younger and now that they're older, I was just missing it," she said. "And the offer came in and I thought, "You know what? I've never done anything like this. It'll be challenging and I'd love to work with Gary.'"

Still, joining a tight-knit cast that's been together for seven years must've been daunting. "You would think it would, but no," she responded. "And I really attribute that to the generosity and spirit of this cast and the set and trust me, every show is not like that."

The cast and crew have welcomed her with open arms, and co-star Hill Harper gave her a rave review. "It's been great. Sela is a wonderful actress, she has great spirit," he said. "We're kind of a hard-edged New York show and her character brings all this Southern charm which is really lovely."

So new night, new star -- and a whole new energy, Harper noted. "It challenges the writers to have to think more creatively," he said. "You get used to this character does things this way, this character does things that way. Now you have to create a whole new character [and] you have to create a whole new way that different characters interact. It's pretty special."

Ward loves her character, Det. Jo Danville," for "her humor and her smarts. And I think she's a little mysterious and I like that."

Danville is thrust into a case from her very first step -- when she trips over a corpse in the crime lab. "The character hadn't even been written when I got the phone call," Ward revealed. "When Melina decided not to renew her contract, this all went down very quickly. So we talked a little bit about the character and possibilities for the character and then off they went to write. I think I got a script three days before we started shooting, so it was a real fast track. We're still talking about Jo and who is she, and she's still evolving."

In the scene they were filming in Central Park, for episode 8, Ward, Harper and castmate Eddie Cahill discussed the spooky nature of the case under investigation. Ward was still getting used to the technical dialogue and how realistic the show can be. "Some of the scenes in the autopsy room have made me pause, for sure," she said. "They're so realistic looking. I was doing a scene with Bob Joy where we're in the middle of dialogue and he's peeling back the scalp of this man, right off his head. It was pretty disgusting and it was so realistic looking, that I couldn't even look down in the middle of the scene. For real."

Season 7 is already packed with guest stars, including John Larroquette, Edward James Olmos and Thomas Calabro. One guest star that Harper hopes to see? Someone to play his love interest!

"I've been saying this for a long time and it hasn't happened any year I've said it, so I don't want to jinx myself, but I really believe I'm going to get a love interest this year," he said. His dream guest star? "I want Halle Berry but I don't think she's going to do it. She's busy, she's a mom." Or there's his friend, Zoe Saldana. "She's awesome. We've played love interests in two movies, these little independents, one was called 'Premium' and one was 'Constellation.' So we're used to kissing."

During the shoot, tourists in Central Park flocked over to check out the stars doing their scenes. How does Ward feel about becoming part of a hit franchise? "You know I've never been part of anything like that. The shows I've done were always critically acclaimed but they were never demographically [popular] like these franchise is," she said. "So I really don't know what that looks like. It's a different fan base. I guess the closest experience I have with that is 'House,' where I did a recurring role for nine shows. It's a different animal. It'll be fun to see what the response is, if it works and all of that."

Harper, more used to being gawked at by passers-by, said he loves location shoots because they "encourage [fans] to watch ... And at the end of the day, the only reason why we're on the show is because of the fans. The only reason. So whoever's reading this, we owe it all to you."

'CSI: NY' premieres Fri., Sept. 24 at 9PM ET on CBS.

Tags: hill harper, season premiere, sela ward

-- Merged Double Post --

Shooting CSI: NY - Sep 2010- - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6LscXUYdWI

-- Merged Double Post --

CSI:NY 701 CTV promo The 34th Floor - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFxyg...layer_embedded

BTS Sela Ward - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cXM1Je_qrg

-- Merged Double Post --

‘CSI: NY’ Returns On A New Night, With A New Face And Old Foes

‘CSI: NY‘ had to rethink its plan for Season 7 when Melina Kanakaredes opted to vacate the role of Stella, setting the stage for Sela Ward (’Sisters’) to join the cast as a new investigator, Jo Danville. That, coupled with a new Friday time slot, presented the CBS crime drama with an opportunity to court first-time viewers while looking at Mac’s team through the new arrival’s eyes. But to do that, at least one planned arc had to get pushed to the backburner.

As ‘CSI: NY’ launches its new season this Friday at 9/8c, executive producer Pam Veasey spoke with Fancast about subbing Sela for Stella, the rough road ahead for Mac (played by Gary Sinise), and a new love story on the horizon.

So here you are, getting ready to tackle a new Friday time slot. Do you plan to make some “noise” to get people’s attention?
When we first were announced for Friday, we were thinking, “Yeah, let’s throw a party!” When I was in college or at school, I was home at Friday night at 9, but I had the TV on as I was getting ready to go out. So, we want to be the show that people are watching before they go out. After all, ‘Miami Vice’ used to keep us home on Friday nights.

Is there a particular theme you’re working off of this season?
We had one, though it changed. Our last-minute cast change kind of uprooted some things we were going to carry over with Danny and Lindsay, and some interesting things with Mac and relationships. But once we got Sela, we decided that with a new person coming in, let’s get to know our people again, through her eyes. So that is sort of our theme.

What sort of journey will Mac be on then?
Mac is going through the “worthy adversary” phase of his career where he goes toe-to-toe with higher ups, formidable criminals, or people who test his judgment – that happens in the top of the season, and then we’ll segue into something else. For example, Edward James Olmos (’Battlestar Galactica’) plays a criminal that Mac put away many years ago, in Episode 4. [Also, five-time Emmy winner John Larroquette will play a Deputy Chief of Detectives with whom Mac butts heads; see news story.] What we had planned [was an arc about] relationships. We had ended last season with Claire Forlani and Madchen Amick [playing love interests Peyton and Aubrey]. Madchen may still recur, but Claire ended up getting a show (Starz’s ‘Camelot’).

As you create Jo Danville, how would you say she differs from Stella in her approach to work?
Stella was a born New Yorker – fast-paced, a very decisive and aggressive thinker, very definitive. Jo is much more psychological and not as forthcoming; she will show it on her face before she gives you an answer. Stella was a lot about the science, the ballistics; Jo is a lot about the victims and what she can perceive. “If I never looked at the science, what I can tell about this person? The soles of her shoes means she walks to work, the fragrance of this girl says a man gave it to her, because it’s floral…” She much more analyzes the personalities. Jo’s also from the South, so she has a different cadence – she’s laid back, she talks slower, and we like that about her. Stella had great humor, but Jo is an initiator – she likes to say things and see what people react to. And Stella was very neat and prepared, but Jo is messy. She’s disorganized, but she is smart.

Do you feel you provide enough closure with regards to Stella? [In the season premiere, it is subtly established that she moved to New Orleans to head a CSI unit there.]
We as writers and producers don’t think so, but we sort of don’t have a choice. We’d love Melina to come back at some point, but I don’t think that’s possible. It’s not impossible, but I don’t think it will happen.

I joked with Gary Sinise that you effectively planted the seed for a new spin-off, ‘CSI: New Orleans.’
We did, didn’t we? We have a very sentimental affection for New Orleans, as a writing staff, and we love Melina and her character, so we thought she should go to the most appropriate place. I did not go to the network or ['CSI' franchise creator] Anthony Zuiker and say, “Can we please start ‘CSI: New Orleans’?” but I do know that when they created ‘New York’ they had considered New Orleans.

What larger purpose might Shane Casey’s reign of terror serve for Lindsay and Danny (Anna Belknap and Carmine Giovinazzo)?
Initially it speaks more to Lindsay and who she’s become, what she feels, and how valuable family is to her. After that, we wrap it up. Edward Furlong (Shane) was great for us for two years, but after Lindsay finds herself, we move on.

Is she off her game at all as a result of what happened?
A tad – not so much with her job but in trying to deal with what occurred [in the season finale/opening scene of Season 7]. But Danny helps her through it.

And Flack (Eddie Cahill), his demons are all behind him? It has been well over a year now since Detective Angell died.
Yeah, he’s over it. We’ve got to get him back to being fun, and maybe find him somebody. Everybody wants a relationship, but we’re going to start with Hill Harper.

Oh, Hawkes is getting some action?
We hope he will. It wont be in the first 10 [episodes], but it will be in the back of the season. Were gonna find him some love!

source : http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-ne ... -old-foes/
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:41 pm

7.09 "Justified":

~ There are two victims. One body was definitely buried, and it was discovered when someone tried to dig it up. (I'm not sure if the other body was buried nearby, or if they are just working on two separate cases in this episode.)

~ One woman was stabbed to death 15 years ago (and buried in Central Park). The other was beaten and then shot recently.

~ They are able to identify the killer of the woman who was beaten - an old boyfriend made good on his promise to kill her if she ever tried to run away from him. He found out she was back in town, so he went to find her. She pulled out a gun to defend herself, but he got it away from her. After he beat her, he used the gun to shoot her.

~ The other victim (the one that has been dead for 15 years) is identified as Chief Carver's sister Roni. She was stabbed in Central Park and then buried, and the murder weapon was buried with her.

~ Danny and Flack have a good scene when they go to pick up the guy who beat his girlfriend to death. They get a little roughed up in the process, though.

~ I see mention of everybody but Sid. (That's not to say he isn't there, but I'm not sure if they're rotating people this season - I hope he'll be there, though. It just makes sense for the storyline since they have two victims, and one of them has been dead for more than a decade.)

source: Faylinn via Talk

-- Merged Double Post --

CSI: NY Returns on a New Night with a New Face
Sep 24, 2010 05:33 PM ET
by Adam Bryant1 Comment

CSI: NY
CSI: NY had a unique set of challenges heading into its seventh season. The show was moving to Friday nights, where the writers would have to figure out how to resolve last season's "shot in the dark" cliff-hanger involving serial killer Shane Casey (guest star Edward Furlong) and married CSIs Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo) and Lindsay (Anna Belknap) Messer.

Fall TV: Get the scoop on all your favorite returning shows

Then series star Melina Kanakaredes, who played Detective Stella Bonasera since the show premiered, quit just weeks before production began. "We had written six scripts over the break," executive producer Pam Veasey tells TVGuide.com. "We developed stories that were ready to prep for shooting, and all of them involved Stella. Then, the fallout happened."

Veasey says after three days of intense phone calls, she found the cloud's silver lining: Emmy and Golden Globe winner Sela Ward signed on to replace Kanakaredes on the show.

"Timing is everything," Ward says during a break from shooting her first episode. "I hadn't worked for a while because I was spending time with my kids. But now that they're a little bit older, I was beginning to feel a little antsy, and then I got the phone call. The thing that was attractive to me was that it was an ensemble show. I wasn't going to be carrying it all on my shoulders."

Sela Ward to replace Melina Kanakaredes on CSI: NY

But Veasey was still back to Square 1. "You definitely want more time to develop a character, but Sela has helped to bring so much to it in the first episode," she says. "But it did revive us a little bit. It's fun to create a new character that stays with us week after week."

Ward plays Jo Danville, an amicably divorced single mom and former FBI agent from Virginia. She takes a job under Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise) at the New York crime lab to be closer to her son, whose just started college in the city. Veasey says Jo is somewhat of a fish out of water. "She's a little gentler, slower. The South doesn't move as fast as New York City, and we're not trying to change her," Veasey says. "She's a little messy. She thinks about the people first. She understands the science, but she's also a very clever assumption-maker."

Sinise says he looks forward to seeing Mac and Jo build a working relationship. "Mac and Stella had a great partnership; that was established even before the first season," he says. "Now we're going to have some fun watching these characters get to know each other.

Exclusive: Edward James Olmos to guest on CSI: NY

"Jo's bringing a new approach to the work," he continues. "She's coming from the FBI and she has worked on a lot of psychological cases. It's fun to see what they're doing with her character in terms of the kind of mind games she plays, not only with the perpetrators that she goes to interrogate, but with her own peers."

But what about that cliff-hanger? And where did Stella go? The resolution of the first helps explain the second, as Stella writes a letter to a distressed Lindsay that puts all the pieces together regarding Stella's absence. But much of the first episode does focus on Lindsay in the aftermath of the trauma.

"We spend the first act seeing where Lindsay is in her life," Veasey says. "We wanted to launch with a fun, new direction. It's five months later, but we see what she's dealt with and then happily move forward from that."

CSI: NY scoop: Melrose Place's Thomas Calabro to guest-star

Veasey says introducing Jo to the team will actually be helpful in the show's move to Fridays. "Once you get to add a new character, the fun of that is to let that person learn who our people are," she says. "That reintroduces them to audiences or those people who may not have watched the show."

And each of the characters will get a showcase episode very early on, Veasey says. Mac will go toe-to-toe with guest stars Edward James Olmos and John Larroquette in separate stories. Adam (A.J. Buckley) will get out of the lab. Viewers will meet a partner from Danny's past. And Hawkes (Hill Harper) will be featured in an episode about a haunting in Central Park.

"We really landed on our characters having some personal pull in the crime story this season," Veasey says. "Whether they know the person or not, the character leads us through it rather than the events of the crime."

CSI:NY premieres Friday at 9/8c on CBS

source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/CSINY-Season-Preview-1023632.aspx
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:52 pm

Thank you so much for the ‘CSI: NY’ Q&A. Did Pam Veasey say nothing about Adam, though? – QueenLillith
Well, she offered this: “Adam gets a little hair on his chest in Episode 2,” which airs this Friday at 9/8c. The storyline: A woman appears to be strangled while participating in a live online chat that Adam witnesses. Ah, the perils of this Internet thing.

I do hope Claire Forlani is coming back to ‘CSI: NY’ as Mac’s love interest. Any hints? – starskybabe via Twitter
As revealed in last Friday’s Q&A: Madchen Amick, maybe. Claire Forlani, no.

source: http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-ne ... -and-more/

-- Merged Double Post --

7.04 "Sangre Por Sangre"

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

source: cbspressexpress[/b][/center]

-- Merged Double Post --

BTS of AJ, the second video, - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPTWE2CuBt0
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:58 pm

TV Guide Specials: CSI: New York Set Visit - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChudWZTt ... r_embedded

-- Merged Double Post --

CSI_NY_-_Adam_Witnesses_a_Murder - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI7-tQky ... r_embedded

-- Merged Double Post --

AjohnBuckley

On set right now shooting a very scary episode of #csiny with @GarySinise and @hillharper. Make sure you tune in tomrw night my 4 big Ep !
about 1 hour ago via ÜberTwitter
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:11 pm

Sela Ward joined us this morning on Daybreak USA with some insight on her brand new role in CSI: NY! - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUpRpzpcc5M
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby cheggie on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:08 pm

That man on the photo with Mac, is it supposed to be Edward James Olmos
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby perlnoir on Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:51 am

Yes, is he.

CSI: NY's AJ Buckley: Adam's Got a Great Right Hook
Oct 1, 2010 05:01 PM ET
by Adam Bryant1 Comment

AJ Buckley, Sela Ward
On Friday's CSI: NY, lab rat Adam Ross gets his moment to shine when an online relationship puts him right in the middle of a murder investigation.

When Adam (AJ Buckley) meets a French beauty on a video dating website, they instantly connect. "I melt. My character literally falls in love through the screen, and tragically as he falls in love, she dies right in front of me," Buckley tells TVGuide.com.

Fall TV: Get the scoop on all your favorite returning shows

Adam, Mac (Gary Sinise) and the rest of the team must first figure out if the murder was real or some twisted Internet snuff film. Through the investigation, Adam has the rare chance to get out of the lab, which also leads to a physical altercation.

"He gets in a fight with someone, and I hold my own, which is good," Buckley says with a laugh. "Adam's always kind of the brunt of the joke. You push him and push him and push him, but if you push a nerd to certain level, they snap. And for some reason they always know kung fu or they have some sort of Jedi training. [Adam's] got a great right hook. Any criminal out there — watch out."

Check out photos of the CSI: NY cast

But because Adam is so personally connected to the case, he also oversteps his boundaries. "He goes against Mac's orders," Buckley says. "I do get reprimanded. ... But at the same time, Adam... has to stand up at some point, and I think this season, in the writing, Adam's really started to evolve. I'm seeing new layers of Adam that I've never seen before."

Buckley says he hopes this episode is the beginning of his character getting more involved outside the lab. "My track record of times when I come out of the lab is pretty tragic," Buckley says. "I come out and [there's] a cloud over me, and the world kind of explodes. But I think it's time for him to come out and get a tan and interact with some people."

CSI: NY Returns on a new night with a new face

As for the show's new home on Friday nights, Buckley says he's excited to be paired with the Tom Selleck-fronted Blue Bloods. In fact, he's got some ideas about how the shows can work together. "I think my uncle should be Magnum P.I.," Buckley jokes. "I'll grow a mustache. That's the crossover right there!"

CSI: NY airs Fridays at 9/8c on CBS.

source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/CSINY-AJ-Bu ... 23913.aspx

Will ‘CSI: NY’s Jo Find Romance With Mac… Or George Clooney?
by Matt Webb Mitovich
Oct 1st, 2010 | 1:11 PM | Comments 33
Before Sela Ward signed on with ‘CSI: NY‘ (Fridays at 9/8c) – and in doing so helped out the CBS procedural with a bit of a last-minute casting pinch – she had been a bit MIA from the TV landscape since her last series regular role, on ABC’s ‘Once & Again.’ But that was by design.

“I hadn’t worked for a while because I wanted to be with my kids,” she shares. “But now that they’re a little bit older – 12 and 16 – I was beginning to feel antsy.”

‘CSI: NY’ Returns On A New Night, With A New Face And Old Foes

Cue Melina Kanakaredes‘ unexpected departure from ‘CSI: NY’ as it geared up for its seventh season, and… voila. “Timing is everything,” Ward notes. “And the thing that’s attractive to me is that it is an ensemble show, so I wasn’t going to be carrying it on my shoulders. I could have a life.”

On-screen, she lives the life of Jo Danville, a newcomer to Det. Mac Taylor’s team of crack CSIs. Previously a G-woman based out of Quantico, “Something went down and she’s no longer an FBI agent,” Ward reveals. (We’ll let the details of that sordid “something” play out on the show, but let’s just say it involves Jo’s role in putting a suspected felon back on the streets. “She really took heat for it,” says her portrayer.)

‘CSI: NY’s Mac Finds A Worthy Adversary In John Larroquette

Mac (played by Gary Sinise) knew Jo purely by reputation before her hire, it has been established, and how much more they come to learn about each other remains to be seen. Though ‘CSI: NY’ never heavily played up sparks ‘tween Mac and Stella, that fact could open the door for a different dynamic between him and the beautiful new woman in his (work) life.

Ward would be on board with such a scenario. A veteran of TV series such as the aforementioned ‘Once & Again’ as well as ‘Sisters,’ she knows full well what drums up drama. “You don’t have to consummate anything, but it’s the titillation and the undercurrent of sexual tension that makes it all really interesting,” she notes. “I would hope that they would write that.”

Scoop! ‘CSI: NY’ Lawyers Up With TV Vet Gregory Harrison

If not Mac, it could be that Jo’s ex-husband re-enters the picture at some point. Inviting Ward to “dream cast” that role, Fancast suggested that she call in a favor from her ‘Sisters’ scene partner, one George Clooney.

“George would be great,” she concurs with a big smile. “Let’s put that out there. George would be wonderful.”

What do you think, ‘CSI: NY’ faithful? Would you rather Mac hold out for the return of Aubrey Hunter (Madchen Amick) or Peyton Driscoll (Claire Forlani)? Or is one lab romance (Danny and Lindsay’s) more than enough?

source: http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-ne ... e-clooney/

703 CSI:NY promo Damned if you do - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7FBd...layer_embedded

-- Merged Double Post --

another promo for 7.03 - - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWcxA3MOJ-A
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:01 pm

GarySinise

Home now. Back on the set this morning. Shooting episodes 9 & 10 at the same time. My Buddy Skip Suddith,from Third Watch,directs 10
4 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
perlnoir
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to CSI Spoilers