Look who is coming back!

Spoiler discussion for 'Smallville'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Look who is coming back!

Postby Rodders on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:36 pm

John Schnieder, aka Clark's adoptive father Jonathan Kent shall be returning for the first episode of season 10, entitled 'Lazarus'.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/06/smallville-episode-1001-lazarus-look.html

I'm quite looking forward to this! I was so disapointed when he was killed off, although it was an amazingly touching scene! It will be good to see him again, but I'm interested to see in what capacity he'll be returning. Hallucination? Dream? Shapeshifting Krypto-Freak?

What's everone else thoughts on this? And who else would you like to see return?
Keep It Chillin'

LOST Cast I've Met...
Andrew Divoff (Mikhail), Frederic Lehne (US Marshall),
Francois Chou (Pierre Chang), Adetokumboh McCormack (Yemi)
Thats me in the middle.

Spoiler TV Expert for Smallville and Doctor Who - Feel Free to ask me anything :D
My Twitter
My Facebook
Rodders
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Look who is coming back!

Postby DarkUFO on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:06 pm

Be interesting to see how they bring him back. Was he not killed?
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Sandiwich11 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:40 pm

So is he back for the whole run or just that episode :hmm: I liked the character a lot but tbh I don't see how he would really fit into the show now, unless he is maybe raised form the dead to be the ultimate baddie for Clark before he finally becomes Superman proper.

Be interesting to see how they bring him back. Was he not killed?

He died so long ago now, I think I'm right when I say that he was temporarily given super powers by Jor-El so that he could bring home Clark, who had been infected by red(?) kryptonite and had run away to the city. The stress of having the powers whilst still human caused his body to weaken and eventually he had a fatal heart attack on the farm :cry: But at least they managed to squeeze in an episode with Tom Wopat (Luke Duke) before he died :thumbsup:

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby Rodders on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:54 pm

I think I'm right when I say that he was temporarily given super powers by Jor-El so that he could bring home Clark, who had been infected by red(?) kryptonite and had run away to the city. The stress of having the powers whilst still human caused his body to weaken and eventually he had a fatal heart attack on the farm

You're right in saying the above all happened, that was the... Season 3 storyline. Papa Kent died back in season 5 when Clark went back in time to save Lana. In a very LOST fashion, the universe course corrected to make sure someone died. Instead of Lana being hit by a car, Jonathan's heart gave out after a fight with Lionel Luthor.

He'll probobly be back in dream fashion or, considering how season 7 ended, mabye some Kryptonian Heaven :P

I'm guessing that he'll only be back for that episode, although conisdering Season 10 is Smallville's last, he may be back in the Finale in true TV fashion :P

I have also heard that the writers are interested in bringing Martha back which could be interesting... Mabye we'll see Jonathan through her?
Keep It Chillin'

LOST Cast I've Met...
Andrew Divoff (Mikhail), Frederic Lehne (US Marshall),
Francois Chou (Pierre Chang), Adetokumboh McCormack (Yemi)
Thats me in the middle.

Spoiler TV Expert for Smallville and Doctor Who - Feel Free to ask me anything :D
My Twitter
My Facebook
Rodders
Show Expert

Postby Sandiwich11 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:06 pm

:O I forgot about the dream sequence he was in, I suppose that could factor in as well. I have to admit that my viewing of the last two seasons is a bit patchy, I know Martha was back for an episode last year but I don't recall the why or how :blush:

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby 4815162342execute on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:54 pm

I really liked Jonathan and hated when he died :cry: Seeing that the title of the episode is "Lazarus" he could very well come back to life (Lazarus is from the New Testament and Jesus raised him from the dead http://is.gd/dbULB) I think that would be kinda weird though and not sure how it would work into the show. Maybe Clark dies or mostly dies and sees his dad in the afterlife and Clark is the one raised from the dead?

I still kinda want Michael Rosenbaum to return if only for a limited amount of episodes. I miss him and I don't really care much for Tess.
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby FadeToBlack on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:06 am

I haven't watched the last season of Smallville since Lex left, I hated the Tess character and missed JK. I think I'll definitely be tuning in now though since it's the final season, and the return of JK is like the second coming of Jesus to me.
FadeToBlack
Viewer

Return to Smallville Spoilers