[Official] Alcatraz S1 - Spoilers and Speculation

Spoiler discussion of television shows (non listed).

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: [Official] Alcatraz S1 - Spoilers and Speculation

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:33 am

Jorge Garcia Talks Alcatraz - Says, 'Different than Lost'.
The Lost veteran discussed how the prison drama differs from the island-set mystery.

"I believe I'm going to be a lot less sweaty!" Garcia told The Hollywood Reporter. "There are no planes crashing and it's not in the jungle!"

The actor went on to insist that the two J.J. Abrams series should not be compared.

"Let Lost be Lost and now find what Alcatraz is," Garcia said. "Don't chase Lost; love it and put it to bed. You can bring out the DVDs whenever you want but don't go to Alcatraz looking for Lost.

"There may be some elements that will remind you since it comes from the same family but it's going to be its own thing."

In May, Abrams described the new series as "kick-ass", saying that the show has a certain kind of intrigue.
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a330315/jorge-garcia-alcatraz-is-different-to-lost.html

I think he's preparing us, but I hate to tell him all Bad Robot works have lovely little nods to each other. I know what he means though, it already seems a little more like FRINGE, then perhaps LOST in terms of presentation, but I would expect nothing short of sci-fi drama with huge anthropological pull and lots of heart.

Elizabeth Sarnoff Talks A Bunch of Stuff in Preparation to Comic Con!
THR: What makes for a successful panel?
Sarnoff: We're showing the pilot, and we’ll have Jorge Garcia and Sarah Jones there. I think that speaks for its self.

THR: Are you prepared for the inevitable Lost questions?
Sarnoff: Absolutely. I worked on the show for a long time and there are a lot of people on our show that worked on it: Jack Bender, Jorge Garcia, J.J. Abrams. I welcome that: this is our past and this is our present.

THR: How does Alcatraz compare to Lost?
Sarnoff: I don’t think it’s like Lost because the show at heart is a procedural show. We have a story end to our show where we're going to catch a bad guy every week as well as a really bad guy from Alcatraz, so it’s a very different show. Alcatraz is going to feel like it moves a hell of a lot faster because we have a lot of story to get through.http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... eth-212564

Well I am glad we have a lot of story to go through, but I still suspect it will start out one way and get more and more engaging...

Don't Forget Tomorrow Night Is Preview Night! I will be looking for reviews, recaps, and any footage we can get from the Pilot Screening...Stay Tuned!!!!!!!!

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:14 pm

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:08 am

Michael Giacchino Scores Pilot -Wife Will Score Rest of the Series!
Hey Guys,

A small bit of news from Bethany Shady who LOST fans will know is Jorge Garcia's girlfriend. She has announced that Michael Giacchino is scoring the Alcatraz Pilot, and that his wife is to score the rest of the series...

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/07/alcatr ... z1Sj2wPufa

Alcatraz - Comic Con Pilot Preview Night - Reviews!
The series centers around a mysterious event in 1963 that made 302 Alcatraz prisoners and guards vanish without any explanation. For some reason we don’t yet know, a prisoner named Jack Sylvane (Jeffrey Pierce) appears in present day Alcatraz and makes his way to San Francisco to seek payback from those who’ve done him wrong. It’s up to a spunky young police officer (Sarah Jones), assisted by a geeky Alcatraz expert (Jorge Garcia), to stop Sylvane, all the while dealing with a mysterious federal agent (Sam Neill) who clearly knows more about the Alcatraz disappearances than he lets on.

Alcatraz shares elements of other Abrams-produced shows like Lost and Fringe, and it’s also reminiscent of the under-appreciated USA show The 4400. But the show does more than just retread familiar territory. By the end of the pilot episode the Comic-Con audience was clearly wanting more from yet another J.J. Abrams mystery box.

The leads have great chemistry across the board, and I’m already anticipating this crew’s weekly adventures. Jones’ police officer, Rebecca Madsen, is reminiscent of Fringe’s Olivia Dunham (though she seems more at ease in the role than Anna Torv was at the beginning of that series). Jorge Garcia’s character, Dr. Diego Soto, is nowhere near the slacker that he was in Lost, but he’s still the same lovable geek. And Sam Neil as Emerson Hauser reminds us of just how compelling he can be with the right material. (Oh and Parminder Nagra is in it for some reason.)

Just like Lost and The 4400, there are plenty of stories to milk from the show’s central mystery alone. The pilot deftly paints a sympathetic picture of Sylvane, despite having him do some decidedly unheroic things. It seems clear that Sylvane was sent back for a reason, something we catch a glimpse of when he’s activated as a sleeper agent. There are Lost-esque flashbacks to his experiences in Alcatraz — mostly being tortured by a sadistic warden. And to keep things from getting too prisoner-mystery-of-the-week, there’s a personal connection that Officer Madsen has to the island, and potentially to the disappearances.

Why the Alcatraz disappearances occurred, and who caused the event, will remain the running question of the series. I’m just hoping that the show’s writers, including Elizabeth Sarnoff (Lost, Deadwood), who is also an exec-producer, can manage to craft a satisfying conclusion that doesn’t string us along for several years only to end in a goddamn church. http://www.slashfilm.com/comic-con-alcatraz-review/

The master of television mysteries, J.J. Abrams, is bringing another conundrum to the small screen. Alcatraz doesn't hit Fox until mid-season, but we caught the pilot episode here at San Diego Comic-Con.

Unfortunately, despite the past success of his puzzling small screen phenomenons like Lost and Fringe, Abrams appears to have struck out with this latest effort, which reunited him with his longtime Island collaborator Elizabeth Sarnoff. It's not that the pilot episode, which just screened for a handful of lucky Comic-Con attendees, doesn't raise the kind of conspiratorial theories and questions that his other shows did. In fact, there's plenty of that. Alcatraz' biggest weakness is that other than hinting at what will become the series' larger mythology (which was mildly interesting), it doesn't offer its audience much more to keep them coming back for answers...or in Abrams' case, more questions.

The pilot begins in 1963 on the day that the infamous prison was said to have shipped its inmates off to various neighboring correctional facilities. Only that's not what happened, says Sam Neill, who plays Emerson Hauser, a shady government official who shows up to make Detective Rebecca Madsen's life a lot harder when she happens upon a murder case involving a high ranking former FBI honcho. As it turns out, Hauser, who at first appears to be a supporting, authoritative character, has ties not only to the victim, but the suspect as well: a former prisoner of the isolated jail who was said to have died some thirty years back. When we catch up with him, however, he looks as young as he did when he committed his crimes...

There are plenty of convenient coincidences in Alcatraz, like the fore mentioned character connections, that detract from the legitimacy of the premise. Matter-of-fact relations between characters and quickly drawn conclusions are just two of the reasons why the show amounted to 42 minutes of eye-rolling frustration. However, there are a few pros/assets that it boasts that could hook viewers.

Chief amongst them is the gorgeously shot San Francisco setting, which one sadly does not see enough of in filmed entertainment. From the danky dungeons of the island prison to the vibrant streets of the city, there's plenty of eye-candy running throughout the episode (I could move quickly into a remark about the lovely Sarah Jones, who plays Detective Madsen with some spunk but fails to transcend the archetype of the female crime fighter on network TV, but I'll spare you the easy yuks). Another plus is Jorge Garcia, who I'm glad to see is getting another gig after becoming The New Man in Charge. He's the comic relief, but also provides plenty of exposition, which is required in a show like this.

A mystery procedural with hints of science fiction looming, Alcatraz could grow into a decent program, but it will need to expand its mythos and figure out what tone it wants to aim for quickly. If it doesn't I'm not sure audiences will care to look through Mr. Abrams' mystery box again.http://www.hollywood.com/news/SDCC_2011_JJ_Abrams_Alcatraz_Pilot_Review/7818533

The pilot for FOX's new J.J. Abrams/Elizabeth Sarnoff (Lost) series Alcatraz screened at the San Diego Comic-Con in Ballroom 20 on Wednesday night and there was no way that IGN wasn't going to stop by to check out what could be the newest "new Lost" series since the last time they tried to make a "new Lost" series.

Alcatraz is good, but not great. The episode doesn't really pick up until the last third, and the rest of it, unfortunately, is spent showing us what we already know the premise to be. We know the show is about a group of prisoners that mysteriously vanished from Alcatraz 50 years ago so some of the suspenseful scenes – most specifically the opening scene – don't have that much "umph" because it's all stuff we knew heading into the show. After the initial flashback to The Rock and the discovery of a bunch of empty prison cells, we then follow Detective Rebecca Madsen (Sarah Jones) and Diego Soto (Jorge Garcia) as they investigate the death of a former federal agent. Sam Neill then steps in as a blunt, crotchety FBI agent with the very "FBI Agent" name, Emerson Hauser.

Neill and Garcia are basically playing roles that we've seen them do before. And Jones, unfortunately, doesn't really pop off the screen as Rebecca. And I think that was the most noticeable thing here for me; the fact that I didn't really care about any of the heroes. And then remembering how much the pilots for Abrams' Alias and Lost made me care about the characters. But this show doesn't do that. But the same can be said for FOX's Fringe too, which started off in the same manner. And then the show got really good and I became very invested in Peter, Olivia and Walter. So that's what I'm hoping will happen with Alcatraz.

The one story that did suck me in was that of Jack Sylvane (Jeffrey Pierce), one of the missing 302 men who went "poof" back in 1963. When he pops up in the present day it's clear that someone is behind these disappearances (and subsequent time travel) and is helping Jack maneuver through the city, imparting him with a mission. But on top of this mission comes the story of Jack's own tragic past and abuse at the hands of his old deputy warden.

I like the premise of creating a small army of operatives who no longer exist and no longer have a place in the world, but looking at this show you have to think "what kind of show is this going to be?" It's clear, due to some nice twists and turns at the end that it will have a big serialized arc, but the fact that we might follow one or two prisoners an episode also lends itself to a case-of-the-week format.

One of the things that the pilot deals with, again like Fringe, is the formation of a special "squad," consisting of Hauser, Soto and Madsen who will go forward from here to try and contain the incident by tracking down the fugitives as they return. Will they all re-emerge back in Alcatraz, limiting most of the manhunts to the general San Fran area? Or are these guys able to appear in other places? And why are they coming back now? And what does the man or woman behind this operation want?

So there are definitely questions to keep us coming back for more. I just wish I cared about Madsen more. Aside from being a strong female who wants very badly to solve things, she just comes off as dull. http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1182448p1.html

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:54 pm

More Comic Con Preview Night Reviews!
I suspect Alcatraz is going to appeal to Fringe fans as it appears to be part crime-procedural, and part science fiction. I’m going to be vague with the premise here because one of the biggest strengths of the pilot is the way the story’s layers are pealed back a little bit at a time as the episode moves forward. What I can say is that in this series, the past may not be entirely in the past which could mean dangerous things, given the Alcatraz' history for playing host to some of the most dangerous criminals in its day.

Sarah Jones (Sons of Anarchy) plays the female lead, opposite Sam Neill (Jurassic Park, Happy Town) and Jorge Garcia (Lost). All three deliver solid performances and it’s great to see Jorge Garcia in a new role. While its evident from the start that we’re meant to take his character seriously, there are some mild shades of Hurley thrown in there for some light comic relief. As this is exec-produced by J.J. Abrams, with Lost’s Elizabeth Sarnoff as showrunner, I’m expecting the plot to get more complex as time goes on and conspiracies begin to unfold. A lot of questions are raised in the pilot, but the introduction offers enough intriguing clues to have me wanting more. http://www.cinemablend.com/television/C ... 33630.html

Comments From People - Gathered by EW!
Chris Brewer, Sacramento, Calif. — “It was really cool. I really like J.J. Abrams and it felt like one of his. It’s a cool idea and I think they can do a lot with it. It had that Lost feel to it — there were a lot of questions. It’s a little bit supernatural, but also grounded. I like the Alcatraz [prison] setting.”

Jay Glatfelter, Raleigh, N.C. — “It was very good. Good mystery. I’m definitely intrigued. I’m a big Lost fan so I had big expectations and it met all of them, I think. I mean, Lost is very unique, so I wouldn’t say it’s a new Lost, but I’d say it’s a good mystery show that’s going to be enjoyable. The casting was great. I enjoyed [Sarah Jones] and Sam Neill — he looks just like he did in Jurassic Park, which was pretty awesome. And I’m a big fan of Jorge. The cast seemed to gel really well. For a pilot, it was very smooth. … I wouldn’t put it with the Lost pilot — that was a blockbuster. But as a pilot, it was enjoyable and set it up well. It has me locked in for the full season."

Falen Weil, Downey, Calif. — “[I saw] enough to know that it looks like everything else J.J. Abrams has ever done. It looks like a re-hash — someone wakes up and doesn’t know where he is. There’s time travel. I don’t know what to think yet. I tend not to like pilots; they’re the worst part of the series. The writers don’t know if they’re being picked up so it’s not fleshed out like the series would be. I liked Lost a lot, especially the first few seasons where all the character stuff started to happen. But [the Lost pilot] left you with a longing to know what was going on. There was more of a reason to watch and keep watching after the first episode. [Alcatraz] looks like the same thing re-hashed without the polar bears. [But] I like to stick around for three of four episodes. If it gets better, then I keep watching.”

Chris Bajkiewicz — “Bad Robot at its best. It’s good stuff, multi-layered. There are a lot of tosses and turns, lots of mystery. …There’s already a mythology set up and J.J is big on mythologies. There are questions you immediately won’t be able to answer until you’re deep into the mystery. It draws you in. … At first I thought the other agent was going to be a shadow of Olivia Dunham on Fringe. But she’s got a whole different story behind her, a different character.”http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/21/comic-con-reaction-alcatraz/

Preview Night Jack and Jay Video Podcast - Alcatraz and Person of Interest:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:17 am

Review/Synopsis From Deadline!
Next up was Alcatraz from executive producer J.J. Abrams. The series opener starts in the early 60s, with two guards stepping off a boat to find all 302 of the infamous island’s inhabitants mysteriously gone. (True to clichéd screenwriting conventions, one of the two guards is seasick.) Skipping ahead to present day we see tourists browsing the prison’s halls, and a groggy inmate – not having aged a day – waking up and stumbling outside to see the modern San Francisco skyline. This is Jack Sylvane, who seems more bent on exacting revenge on the cruel former deputy warden of The Rock than anything else; waking up in “the future” isn’t as shocking to him as you’d expect.

From there, the plot move briskly: cruel warden is murdered, a cute detective (Sarah Jones) gets the case – and is then quickly booted off it by mysterious G-man (Sam Neill), so she pairs up with an Alcatraz expert (Lost alumnus Jorge Garcia) to try and track down inmate #2024 and figure out why he’s not only alive, but looks to be about 40 years younger than he should. All the while, we see Jack rampaging in the present (partly at the behest of mysterious anonymous phone calls, suggesting some sort of Manchurian Candidate aspect to the show) and recalling his time in prison. Without spoiling the specifics, the show closes with Jones and Garcia joining with Neill to try and track down the other 301 people who vanished from Alcatraz, as he seems to know they will all start popping up here and there, just as Jack did.

Of all the shows screened, Alcatraz is probably the one with the broadest appeal and fewest obvious issues. That being said, the show has qualities I’m not sure are admirable, or even enjoyable anymore – namely, the teasing of a mystery that will be revealed in a very contrived, gradual way for as long as the audience will allow. What do I mean when I say contrived? Well for example: Sam Neill’s character clearly knows more than he says, it’s obvious to every character in the room, yet nobody forces the issue, nobody asks obvious questions, and nobody demands non-enigmatic, clear answers (blame Lost for making this acceptable: Benjamin Linus invented this game). Personally, I find characters not asking obvious questions any normal person would ask simply because it’s too early in the season to ask them a lazy way to write; others are more tolerant of it: the show seemed to be play well and got enthusiastic applause in the end.http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/2011-co ... tv-pilots/

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:33 pm

Just Wanted to add some speculations based on what I read in some of these reviews...

First, ever since I watched the trailer the one HUGE pop culture, or perhaps cult culture work I thought of was not "The Manchurian Candidate" (although I would agree there are elements that do also parallel that), but rather I thought of Terry Gilliam's "Twelve Monkeys", where Cole, a prisoner/criminal convicted, and with all human residents living underground, is given a second chance to reduce or change his sentence by helping a board of scientists figure out what exactly happened, as it is revealed a deadly virus broke out and wiped out most of the human population and the remaining few people were left not to wonder Earth, but rather live underground. Cole is first task to take a look at the world as it was left above ground, but then "they" start sending him back [and forth] in time to have him find research and to see if they can prevent the virus from being created or exposed....

Next, One reviewer got the impression from the preview that Jack Sylvane, the first criminal from the 1960's to reappear in modern day and be the target of the first episode, may be a "sleeper agent". I started to think about this and it led me to a couple of possibilities....what if the prisoners are "reconditioned" for this 'experiment'? -Are some of their memories erased? Going back to other Bad Robot works that do feature such an idea are Alias and Fringe...In Alias not only did we have Project Christmas, but Sydney also went somewhere to get her memories erased/supressed when she was helping Agent Kendall go after The Covenant and trying to protect Lazaray, but also in the beginning there was the Irish guy that was "programmed" to kill Danny Heck, Sydney's fiance being a part of protocol for Arvin Sloane (SD6), who also didn't remember exactly what he had all been doing...In Fringe we have the Cortixifaners who also are like sleeper agents, and then we have Peter who was somewhat conditioned, and Walter who gets parts of his brain cut out...in addition the Tales of the Fringe comic series goes out of it's way with a sleeper agent time travel like story titled, "Lost Time"....

This brings me back to my opening post where I was talking about "The Jacket" (one of my favorite films of all time) loosely based on the Jack London novel, "The Star Rover" both about people who time travel to stop an event from happening, or rather create alternate reality...the novel differs, as it goes into reincarnation with the main character recalling and experiencing his past life times...

So then this makes me think that their bodies or their conscience might have gone through conditioning and that would take time...so even though time travel seems like the most likely source and simply the prisoners where conditioned while in prison (almost like the star rover), it's also possible they were moved and preserved?? (cryogenic chamber -Abrams, "Forever Young"/"Fringe", or something like "Demolition Man"), or even cloned...

But Since Time Travel is most likely the case, then perhaps there is an event that needs changed, which might suggest we are not just dealing with the past and present, but maybe like with 12 Monkeys, we are dealing with a future too???

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:15 am

Comic Con - Autograph Signing Photos via Alcatraz Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.174494632616715.42451.152510368148475&type=1

Following Official Alcatraz Twitter which I am currently following:
Nagra Says, talks with Sarnoff and is excited about where the show is going.

Jones says, thrilled to work with cast!

Garcia says, Sam Niell can be funny...

Sarnoff says, difference between Lost and Alcatraz is Alcatraz has "aggressive story engine". Must catch Bad guy every week!

Bender says, Alcatraz scared him as a kid.

Sarnoff says, Wants to explore Alcatraz mythology and see Alcatraz back in it's hey-day!

Sarnoff says, J.J. Abrams great call for casting Jorge (fans scream they love him)

Jack Bender says, he hasn't felt this way about working on a show since Lost.

Panel Over---Pilot took up all the time!

Screen Rant covered the panel! Here are Mr. Crider's tweets which are quotes (start from bottom to top):
They're kicking me out now - look for impressions of Alcatraz and Terra Nova late tonight or tomorrow.
by Michael Crider 9:10 PM

They're leaving already. The pilot ate up all our time - no audience questions.
by Michael Crider 9:10 PM

"I remember that one of the things that drew me to Lost was the cast. I wanted to spend time on that island, with those characters. It's similar here, I want to see these characters." JB
by Michael Crider 9:09 PM

"To have Jorge on your show is great. We asked him and he said , 'I WANT it.'" LS
by Michael Crider 9:08 PM

"These are bad bad bad guys. Like all human beings, they're multilayered. We wanted to see all sides of them, but never forget that they're bad characters." LS
by Michael Crider 9:08 PM

"There's going to be a bad guy they have to catch every week. We want to answer these questions, using flashbacks to see Alcatraz in its hey day." LS
by Michael Crider 9:07 PM

"It's easy not to give anything away. We don't know anything." JB
by Michael Crider 9:06 PM

"I know very little, just a couple of things. i did a lot of research on Alcatraz, and that was exciting." JBH
by Michael Crider 9:06 PM

"She's going to be a tough nut to crack. It's going to be interesting to see her develop." PN
by Michael Crider 9:05 PM

+ Executive Producer Liz Sarnoff
+ Executive Producer Jack Bender
+ Sarah Jones
+ Jorge Garcia
+ Jason Butler Harner
+ Parminder Nagra
by Michael Crider 9:04 PM

"Sam is great. He's this experienced actor who's been around a long time, then you turn around and he's the uncle who asks you to pull his finger." JG
by Michael Crider 9:04 PM

Parminder Nagra (PN)
by Michael Crider 9:03 PM

SJ "Alcatraz is beautiful. I hope we get to shoot there many times in the future."
by Michael Crider 9:03 PM

"It's this island where all these bad people were in the middle of beautiful San Francisco Bay. i think that still has lure."
by Michael Crider 9:02 PM

On similarities to Lost: "Obviously we want to be our own show. There's a lot of similarities to Lost, but this is going to be great."
by Michael Crider 9:01 PM

There's a lot more people here than officially announced. I'll try and get them in as we're going.
by Michael Crider 9:01 PM

Jorge Garcia getting a lot of love.
by Michael Crider 9:00 PM

...and we're back. expect a post with impressions soon.
by Michael Crider 9:00 PM

Hyping the show up before the debut. They're showing the entire pilot - see you in 40 minutes.
http://screenrant.com/comiccon-2011-alcatraz-panel-live-blog-mcrid-125118/

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:54 am

More Video Reviews/First Impressions From Comic Con Screenings

Interview with Jones, Garcia, and Cabrera/ Parminder Nagra and Butler Harner at Comic Con!

More Cast Interviews From Comic Con!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTlsJHxgutE&feature=related[/youtube]

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 pm

TV Guides Comic Con Special Issue - 5 Things to Know About "Alcatraz"!
1. "You Won't Be Scratching Your Head" - Sarnoff believes at it's core the show is a "procedural drama" where the story of the week aspect will be more important than the mysteries...Garcia comments that you can miss episodes and still know what is going on. Not as serialized as LOST.

2. "Names Were Changed to Protect the Not-So-Innocent" -Sarnoff explains that the prisoners that we will meet in "Alcatraz" are a compilation of those she read about, the 'real' inmates, and NONE of the original names of criminals were used.

3. "Story Telling Will Rely on Two Timelines" - Alcatraz will be "Flashback Heavy" going between the 1960's and the present day in which those worlds will collide each week.

4. "The Pilot was Filmed on Location" - They even filmed in places that were "off limits" to tourists and huge replica sets have been built in Vancouver...But Sarnoff adds, It's hard to replica and she think they will have to go back!

5. "Comic Books Will Play A Role!" - Garcia explains his character is an obsessed with the history of Alcatraz and a comic book fanatic---the pilot features fake Alcatraz related comic books, but Garcia says to keep an eye out for all sorts of real comic books as references to parallel the show!

I have to say I wonder about the use of the word "timelines" as oppose to Time Periods--Might be something to watch out for...

But, I still say it will start procedural and get more complicated later on...but we'll see.

In addition this issue has a special add for Jorge Garcia's character,

Dr. Diego Soto's new book: "Inmates of Alcatraz"

"In the vein of his latest bestseller, the world's foremost Alcatraz expert and acclaimed author, Dr. Diego Soto, continue to chisel away at the Rock."

And an official TWITTER account: @SotoDoc (for more info :lol: ;) )

Jorge Garcia also comments on the red curtain "Strike a Pose" page 70,
"In a Fringe-type world, my character, Diego Soto, is a cross between Joshua Jackson's and John Noble's characters [Peter and Walter]. Sam Neil is sort of Lance Reddick's character [Broyles], and Sarah Jones is Anna Torv [Olivia]."

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:30 pm

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby nitou13 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi everyone :) I wanted to let you know that I created a blog in french about Alcatraz where you will find my own review of the pilot (I was at comic con 2011). If you are french and interested or if you have any french contacts to whom you can spread the word : http://nerd-alcatraz.blogspot.com Thank you in advance. :)
This is a place that you all made together, so you can find one another. The most important part of your life was the time that you spent with those people. That's why you're all here. Nobody does it alone Jack. You needed them and they needed you.

nitou13
Viewer

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:56 am

nitou13 wrote:Hi everyone :) I wanted to let you know that I created a blog in french about Alcatraz where you will find my own review of the pilot (I was at comic con 2011). If you are french and interested or if you have any french contacts to whom you can spread the word : http://nerd-alcatraz.blogspot.com Thank you in advance. :)

Thank you! --Is there any way you could tell us a little bit of your review in English?
---------------------------------

I used Google chrome translator and can repast it here!

Then the screen lights up above me and the first minutes of the pilot Alcatraz start to go past before my eyes. A small surge of anxiety paralyzes me during the first minutes. The series will she live up to my expectations? The answer is a big yes! All who love Lost, Fringe or The 4400 should not be disappointed. While the driver does not deliver stunning scenes as those of the beginning of "Lost," but remember that the pilot episode of Fringe was not marked nor our minds .. JJ Abrams key is found definitely in the "Alcatraz" a good dose of mystery and unanswered questions already, some interesting flashbacks on prisoners, dark scenes to give you chills in the back and fantastic elements scattered throughout. Even the characters have the air of deja vu: the police officer handling the case, Rebecca performed with freshness and simplicity by Sarah Jones and Olivia think much of "Fringe," while Dr. Diego Soto interpreted Jorge Garcia also seems funny that the famous "Hurley" Lost. And yet, I do not advise you to go your way. For even if one finds the clever impression of JJ Abrams, the series has real potential and the pilot proves Alcatraz already has sufficient evidence that complex and different to get a place in the fierce battle of television productions. So many themes like good and evil, self-help and meet and mingle conflictuality already from the first episode. So like Ben in "Lost," Jack Sylvane, a prisoner escaped from Alcatraz, we consider the first few minutes, the very embodiment of evil. He kills without hesitation and seems ready to do the worst. However as and when in the episode, our prejudices disappear and it even ends up feeling an ounce of pity for the character. JJ subtly combines the "black" and "white" without ever setting a label. Thus do we learn that Jack Sylvane is responsible for the murder of a guard of Alcatraz, but it does there not mistreated while incarcerated? Sylvane Jack is ready to kill his own brother, but why do not they become more obvious when we learn that he married his wife while he was still in prison? JJ manipulating our minds so that we eventually get caught up in the game characters themselves are more complex than they appear: thus we learn that the police officer Rebecca Madsen spent her childhood on the island because his father and his stepfather worked there, as Dr. Diego Soto is an expert on the island and that the wise Banerjee Lucy played by Parminder Nagra in the series may well become our favorite bitch . But the character who brings a decidedly more is Emerson Hauser, head of a government agency interpreted by the famous Sam Neill. His character as enigmatic as surly claims quickly in charge of the case and always thwarts the search for Rebecca. A hope that the tension between the two characters will be used in upcoming episodes. The end of the episode gives us only one desire: to know more. Indeed we learn that Jack is far from Sylvane that the controls but it is a pawn on a chessboard, a thread on the tapestry that we have carefully woven JJ Abrams. One thing is certain: other prisoners will soon to appear, and Jack is definitely not guide its own decisions. What finally retaining Alcatraz? Probably not a good series as good as Lost but probably much better than Undercovers, definitely worth a look!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby nitou13 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:39 am

Sorry for the late response. I rewrote my review in English and it's now available on my blog :)
This is a place that you all made together, so you can find one another. The most important part of your life was the time that you spent with those people. That's why you're all here. Nobody does it alone Jack. You needed them and they needed you.

nitou13
Viewer

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:48 am

Adam's TV Teasers!
Hey Guys,

Thought this small snippet of casting news worthy of a post asap...

This is for Alcatraz 1.04 and the role of McKee.

McKee is describes as a guest star for the episode however there is a chance that he will recur in future episodes.
He is a white Irish man but the biggest news is that he is a prisoner in Alcatraz.
The final bit of news is that he is a bit of a cocky and smug chap so watch out for him creating friction and intrigue when episode four comes around.

That's all for now, more when we get it.

@AdDHarris
Adam

Source: SpoilerTV

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/09/adams- ... z1XJkXdBbe

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Casting Snippet For 1x02!
Alcatraz - Episode 1.02
Terry Mullett will play the role of a Prisoner

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/09/castin ... z1XviU3Ybn

DarthLocke
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows Spoilers