Official Episode 13: "Sometimes A Great Notion" Discussion!

General discussion for 'Battlestar Galactica'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Official Episode 13: "Sometimes A Great Notion" Discussion!

Postby cheggie on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Freek wrote:He body incinerated but somehow her hair survived, still white?

Hadn't thought about it, but good point
cheggie
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby bonniesrg on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:43 pm

I like Ellen as the fifth Cylon and I was so upset when Saul killed her. I can't wait top see how she'll manipulate him of rher purposes. :lol:
bonniesrg
Stunt Double

Postby Nino Divine on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:32 pm

Wow.. Just wow..

This episode was so great and full of mythology, that I don't know where to begin.. Well maybe it's just best to not say much about it, since you all have wrote so much good stuff already.. but again: wow!!

It was a very dark and sad episode indeed, with not that much dialog, but it feelt perfect somehow.
Can't wait to see the next episode :)

I'm pumped for BSG again!!
Don't You See, It's All In My Head!!!...
Nino Divine
Viewer

Postby Piasa on Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:32 pm

Overall a good episode.

Had me thinking the 5th was going to be Dualla for alot of the episode, but she kills herself which shocked me at the time.

Not excited about Ellen being the 5th, its just dull. When they revealed it, my wife and I were just like.. oh, its her that sucks. I just never liked that character any.

Kara has me completely confused atm, and I guess thats the big mystery now.
Piasa
Viewer

Postby Rosalind on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:00 pm

Freek wrote:There's no way a body decays like that in the time between she supposedly died and the fleet arrived.

leoff wrote:Wow, finally I can say I loved a BSG episode this season.

I don't buy the time travel theory, RDM wants to keep the show as real as possible. Kara's body didn't decay because was there for ages. The body was incinerated to the bones by the explosion of the viper. The distress call was fading away because the viper crashed over 6 months ago, when Kara disappeared.

hmmm- grosse post alert!
What sort of timescale between Kara crashing and the earth landing are we talking about? Is it within a year- I've got the idea that it's a few months in my head too, is that right?

Regardless, it looks like she wasn't incinerated (her suit was still intact) but her remains had gone slightly gloopy- which (IMO) means that her body had been exposed and left to decay. To get to that state it could take as little as two months to a few years, depending on environmental factors. And yes, the hair could\would definitely remain (looking like a blond wig!), with the body decomposed to that state.....

To my mind I think the state of Kara's remains points to her arriving after the earth catastrophe had already taken place, and it looks like she never knew about it, since she didn't make it out of her shuttle. :O

As for who or what she is, I'd love it if she turned out to be some kind of Cylon, maybe a next generation Hybrid?? That would be cool. :thumbup:
Thanks to Spaceman for the sig
Rosalind
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Battlestar Galactica Discussion [No spoilers!]