Official Episode 15: "The Oath" Discussion

General discussion for 'Battlestar Galactica'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Official Episode 15: "The Oath" Discussion

Postby The Strog on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:46 am

Discuss tonight's new episode here.

I'm desparately trying to catch up before the end of the series in a few weeks. Only just about to watch Pegasus though.

Anyway, yeah, talk about it below.
If you don't like Doctor Who, click here. If you love Doctor Who, click here. After you've clicked one of those, come here.

Tune in for PSYCH
RETURNING THIS SUMMER ON USA NETWORK
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Official Episode 15: "The Oath" Discussion

Postby Lemora on Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:47 pm

I thought it was a powerful ep. I still can't believe anyone would follow Gaeta. I don't think he's qualified to run a fishtank let alone a fleet of ships.

Starbuck rocked in this ep.

I hope someone shuts Zarek up once and for all.

Very much looking forward to next week's ep.
Lemora
Viewer

Postby Freek on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:06 pm

Very cool episode, especially since Bear McReary said there'd be even more action next week! I wish I hadn't seen Skiffy's promo for this episode, can't believe they gave that away!

I do agree with it being strange that people are following Geata, I don't think they're actually following Geata but following their hatred of the Cylons instead. And Geata is the last member of the senior staff so he'd be in charge of running the Battlestar. I see some Geata vs Zarek conflict coming up as well. I don't think their rebellion will last for very long.
Freek
Supporting Actor

Postby frekkells on Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:43 am

Last week was definitely a set up for this week, and it was a rewarding payoff. This show just keeps getting better and better.

I love Starbuck, she was so awesome shooting the rebels.

Adama and Laura are sweet together, at least they had a little time and happiness together.

Gaeta's downward spiral is sad and tragic.

I'm worried about the safety of the pregnant Six and Anders.

Come on next Friday! :thumbsup:
FREKKELL'S FANTASY FORCE ~ 6th place ~ Season 5 LFL
Credit and Much Thanks to MAGIC BOX for the awesome banner.

Proud owner of Ben's Annie doll and line, "I always have a plan."
frekkells
Show Expert

Postby wurw on Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:22 am

frekkells wrote:Adama and Laura are sweet together, at least they had a little time and happiness together.

My favourite scene is when Ty is in the admirals quarter's and Laura walks out, cool as can be. The look on Ty's face.

What's the deal with the coffee? I couldn't make out what they were saying? What is it that they are doing differently?
wurw
Viewer

Postby Simply Kimberly on Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:42 am

I am going to really miss this series when it wraps up in March. It is so much more than just a science fiction story. The relationships among these beings (human and Cylon) are some of the most touching and compelling I've ever seen played out on screen.

One thing though, I hope they airlock Gaeta the second Galactica is returned to Adama's control. I haven't liked him since day one and now that I know that much treachery and cowardice was lurking in his sniveling little heart he deserves the very penalty he believed Baltar should have gotten. For all his faults, Baltar was never really a traitor in his heart of hearts.

I love the return of the Kara/Lee team. :wub: I've so missed them working together since Lee went the civics route. It was like old times.

My heart was in my throat when Sam got jumped. He's like the perennial whipping boy on this show. He never gets a frakking break.

Adama/Tigh bringing out the badass was all sorts of awesome.

The Agathons must survive. Helo is the heart of humanity. He must survive. That family is too cute to not survive.

I'm still frakking peeved that they killed off Natalie. She was the best Cylon ever conceived. I miss her so, so, so much.

Tyrol stepping up and serving was like having the old Chief back. I hope the Admiral gives him the job back when he regains control. Tyrol deserves that much.

Next week's previews? I <3 them. It looks to be an 11 on a scale of 10.
How many times do I have to tell you John, I always have a plan!
Simply Kimberly
Guest Star

Postby musing_11 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:07 am

man, this episode totally restored my faith in BSG. i've found the last few episodes, especially 'Disquiet' to be kind of self-indulgent, so the amount of badass in this was like a breath of fresh air :D awesome episode!
musing_11
Viewer

Postby bloo98 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:25 am

Simply Kimberly wrote:
I love the return of the Kara/Lee team. :wub: I've so missed them working together since Lee went the civics route. It was like old times.

You said it... I have been pleasantly surprised to see them back as a team when I stumbled on the show Friday night when I was channel surfing... :thumbup:

Ever since they have been broken and whatnot... I haven't turned in and followed the show much... but that was definitely a nice surprise.
bloo98
Extra

Return to Battlestar Galactica Discussion [No spoilers!]