Can someone please help?

General discussion for 'Battlestar Galactica'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Can someone please help?

Postby The Strog on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:24 pm

Glad you liked it.

"33" (episode 1 of the first season) is great! And the Season 1 finale is one of the best episodes of the whole series.

It's cool to see someone else watching the entire series for the first time. (I just finished "Collaborators" from Season 3 the other night.)
If you don't like Doctor Who, click here. If you love Doctor Who, click here. After you've clicked one of those, come here.

Tune in for PSYCH
RETURNING THIS SUMMER ON USA NETWORK
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby captain jack sparrow on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:26 pm

The Strog wrote:Glad you liked it.

"33" (episode 1 of the first season) is great! And the Season 1 finale is one of the best episodes of the whole series.

It's cool to see someone else watching the entire series for the first time. (I just finished "Collaborators" from Season 3 the other night.)

Hahahaha....I can't believe I've been missing out on such a cool show for this long.....u r only on season 3?....did u start watching late too?...oh yeah,one more question if u dont mind...? :)
captain jack sparrow
Stunt Double

Postby The Strog on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:40 pm

captain jack sparrow wrote:

Hahahaha....I can't believe I've been missing out on such a cool show for this long.....u r only on season 3?....did u start watching late too?...oh yeah,one more question if u dont mind...? :)

Yeah, I just started watching it. This is my first time through.

Shame I didn't start watching it sooner. Now I'm desperately trying to catch up so I can watch the series finale "LIVE" in a few weeks. Don't know if I'll make it or not...
If you don't like Doctor Who, click here. If you love Doctor Who, click here. After you've clicked one of those, come here.

Tune in for PSYCH
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Postby captain jack sparrow on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:42 pm

The Strog wrote:

Yeah, I just started watching it. This is my first time through.

Shame I didn't start watching it sooner. Now I'm desperately trying to catch up so I can watch the series finale "LIVE" in a few weeks. Don't know if I'll make it or not...

There is no way i'm gonna make it through all the episodes befroe the series finale....but i'm gonna stay away from spoiler forums :)..... I red somewhere that there are mobisodes or something along those lines?did u watch them?are they important to the story line or no?oh yeah,one more thing.....does the show keep up the the awesomeness the whole way through or is it a letdown after the miniseries?
captain jack sparrow
Stunt Double

Postby canucklehead on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:46 pm

I'm just getting into BSG, too....
How much do I want to be Kara Thrace??? :wub:
My childhood fantasy was to be an X-Wing pilot (I'm a super-nerd, I know!:PP ), and Thrace is pretty darn close! She frakking rocks! :gunsmile:

Magic Box rocks my socks off! Thanks for the AMAZING sig!

canucklehead
Guest Star

Postby captain jack sparrow on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:47 pm

canucklehead wrote:I'm just getting into BSG, too....
How much do I want to be Kara Thrace??? :wub:
My childhood fantasy was to be an X-Wing pilot (I'm a super-nerd, I know!:PP ), and Thrace is pretty darn close! She frakking rocks! :gunsmile:

Hahahaha....so Kara....what episode are u on?.....season?....enjoying the ride? :)
captain jack sparrow
Stunt Double

Postby The Strog on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:53 pm

captain jack sparrow wrote:There is no way i'm gonna make it through all the episodes befroe the series finale....but i'm gonna stay away from spoiler forums :)..... I red somewhere that there are mobisodes or something along those lines?did u watch them?are they important to the story line or no?oh yeah,one more thing.....does the show keep up the the awesomeness the whole way through or is it a letdown after the miniseries?

BY ALL MEANS STAY AWAY FROM SPOILERS! There were certain things I knew before starting the whole shebang that I wished I wouldn't have. Some amazing twists are headed your way if you can just steer clear.

There are webisodes. A few sets of them. One set takes place in between seasons 2 and 3. So you won't have to worry about them for awhile. Additionally, they aren't crucial to the plot but they make for a nice watch. Any fan should at least see them.

There's another set that came out before Season 4, I believe...but they were just deleted scenes from the BSG TV movie Razor (which aired in between Season 3 and 4)

There's yet another set that came out between Season 4 and Season 4.5. Haven't seen those yet because I'm not caught up that far.

For the most part...the show keeps the awesomeness up. The entire first season and first half of the 2nd season are brilliant.

The second half of Season 2 is perfectly fine TV...just not as good. Probably on par with the 2nd half of LOST's second season. I really enjoyed the Season 2 finale, though.

So far Season 3 is on par with the middle of LOST's 3rd season. (I'm trying to give you a quality reference)

Although, I hear that SciFi channel interfered with the second half of Season 3 pretty much, so I'm bracing myself.

And from what I've heard about the current season, the quality seems to be back up in top form again.

You could probably get a better answer about this from someone who has seen the whole series thus far.

Overall, the show is brilliant. If I had to compare the consistency of quality between LOST and BSG...so far I would say BSG has a more constant quality mark. (I'm not saying I enjoy it more than LOST or vice versa, I just believe the fluctuation of quality to not go up and down as much as LOST used to. That said, I haven't seen the whole series...)

Tune in for PSYCH
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Postby captain jack sparrow on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:59 pm

so there is a BSG tv movie too?....i'm gonna have to do some reading up on this :) ....hope u dont mind me askin all these questions,but from the get go you have been pretty straight forward with me,and we seem to have the same taste in tv shows.....so i trust you when u say something is good(because that probably means that i'll like it :) )

I asked a few friends about BSG and they said they have watched a few episodes,you know like here and there,and tehy told me it was awful....but i think that due to the fact that they didnt watch it from the get go....it just seems to me that BSG is a show like LOST-in the sense that u have to watch every episode to keep up with the storyline,whereas the CSI's of the tv world and Star Treks of the tv world u can basically pop in anytime and just enjoy an episode :)
captain jack sparrow
Stunt Double

Postby The Strog on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 pm

captain jack sparrow wrote:so there is a BSG tv movie too?....i'm gonna have to do some reading up on this :)

Yep. It is kind of confusing.

See this thread for more info: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6509

You've seen the miniseries, so that's out of the way. Next, you have to watch season one. Then you'll have to buy the Season 2.0 DVD set. It contains the first 10 episodes of the 20 episode Second Season. Then, you'll have to get Season 2.5. It contains the back 10 episodes of the Second Season. (Another tip: When they aired the 2nd season, they broke it into two halves. That's why it is split up on the DVDs. Episode 10, the mid-season cliffhanger, is included on both the 2.0 and 2.5 DVD sets. However, on the 2.0 set, it runs the standard 42 minute-ish length. On the 2.5 set, it's been extended to approximately an hour in length. So, watch the first 9 eps, buy the 2.5 set and watch Episode 10 on it.)

After you've finished Season 2, download/stream the webisodes. They are called "The Resistance." You should be able to find them on Youtube. Then, watch Season 3. After Season 3, watch Razor and the Razor webisodes --actually just deleted scenes from the film.

Then watch season 4.0, followed by the other webisodes, followed by Season 4.5.

There's another TV movie set to be aired later this year after the series ends called "The Plan." So you'll want to tune in for that as well.

....hope u dont mind me askin all these questions,but from the get go you have been pretty straight forward with me,and we seem to have the same taste in tv shows.....so i trust you when u say something is good(because that probably means that i'll like it :) )

Of course I don't mind answering. I just hope I'm doing a good job, seeing as how I haven't seen everything.

I asked a few friends about BSG and they said they have watched a few episodes,you know like here and there,and tehy told me it was awful....but i think that due to the fact that they didnt watch it from the get go....it just seems to me that BSG is a show like LOST-in the sense that u have to watch every episode to keep up with the storyline,whereas the CSI's of the tv world and Star Treks of the tv world u can basically pop in anytime and just enjoy an episode :)

Exactly.

Are they LOST fans?

I suppose it's possible that they were talking about the old, 1970s Battlestar Galactica, but that's probably not likely.

Tune in for PSYCH
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Postby captain jack sparrow on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:23 pm

The Strog wrote:
captain jack sparrow wrote:so there is a BSG tv movie too?....i'm gonna have to do some reading up on this :)

Yep. It is kind of confusing.

See this thread for more info: http://spoilertv.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6509

You've seen the miniseries, so that's out of the way. Next, you have to watch season one. Then you'll have to buy the Season 2.0 DVD set. It contains the first 10 episodes of the 20 episode Second Season. Then, you'll have to get Season 2.5. IT contains the back 10 episodes of the 20 episode Second Season. (Another tip: When they aired the 2nd season, they broke it into two halves. That's why it is split up on the DVDs. Episode 10, the mid-season cliffhanger, is included on both the 2.0 and 2.5 DVD sets. However, on the 2.0 set, it runs the standard 42 minute-ish length. On the 2.5 set, it's been extended to approximately an hour in length. So, watch the first 9 eps, buy the 2.5 set and watch Episode 10 on it.)

After you've finished Season 2, download/stream the webisodes. They are called "Resistence." You should be able to find them on Youtube. Then, watch Season 3. After Season 3, watch Razor and the Razor webisodes --actually just deleted scenes from the film.

Then watch season 4.0, followed by the other webisodes, followed by Season 4.5.

There's another TV movie set to be aired later this year after the series ends called "The Plan." So you'll want to tune in for that as well.

....hope u dont mind me askin all these questions,but from the get go you have been pretty straight forward with me,and we seem to have the same taste in tv shows.....so i trust you when u say something is good(because that probably means that i'll like it :) )

Of course I don't mind answering. I just hope I'm doing a good job, seeing as how I haven't seen everything.

Exactly.

Are they LOST fans?

I suppose it's possible that they were talking about the old, 1970s Battlestar Galactica, but that's probably not likely.

No they weren't talkin about the old 70's version....i thought that at first as well,but the n i realised they were talkin about the new version.....They aren't Lost fans either.......they are into the CSI's a lot and all of the Star Treks(never was a big fan of any star trek show)...They rip on me for being a huuuge LOST fan,and they will probably rip on me tomorrow morning when we go for the weekedn coffee when I tell them that I'm hooked on BSG....I just copied this entire post and put it in a word document and in my BSG folder on my pc,so i have the order to watch the series in....thanx!!!!....so did i get this right?....the series finale isn't the end of the storyline?there will be a movie after?to tie up loose ends?or are they just gonna keep milking this thing until it doesn't make sense financially?
captain jack sparrow
Stunt Double

Postby The Strog on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:26 pm

captain jack sparrow wrote:No they weren't talkin about the old 70's version....i thought that at first as well,but the n i realised they were talkin about the new version.....They aren't Lost fans either.......they are into the CSI's a lot and all of the Star Treks(never was a big fan of any star trek show)...They rip on me for being a huuuge LOST fan,and they will probably rip on me tomorrow morning when we go for the weekedn coffee when I tell them that I'm hooked on BSG....I just copied this entire post and put it in a word document and in my BSG folder on my pc,so i have the order to watch the series in....thanx!!!!....so did i get this right?....the series finale isn't the end of the storyline?there will be a movie after?to tie up loose ends?or are they just gonna keep milking this thing until it doesn't make sense financially?

I believe the tv movie is a prequel to the mini-series. I'm pretty sure they will be resolving all of the main storylines in the series finale. I'm guessing the tv movie is just to fill in the gaps a bit more.

Tune in for PSYCH
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Postby captain jack sparrow on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:31 pm

The Strog wrote:I believe the tv movie is a prequel to the mini-series. I'm pretty sure they will be resolving all of the main storylines in the series finale. I'm guessing the tv movie is just to fill in the gaps a bit more.

Do u mean the tv movie RAZOR....or the one after the series ends?
captain jack sparrow
Stunt Double

Postby The Strog on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:52 pm

The Strog wrote:I believe the tv movie is a prequel to the mini-series. I'm pretty sure they will be resolving all of the main storylines in the series finale. I'm guessing the tv movie is just to fill in the gaps a bit more.

Do u mean the tv movie RAZOR....or the one after the series ends?

The one after the series ends --"The Plan."

Tune in for PSYCH
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Postby JediChewy on Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:29 am

BG is a lot like Terminator mythology in space. I just started watching a month ago and am in Season 2. Quite good.
May The Force Be With You!
JediChewy
Guest Star

Postby captain jack sparrow on Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:53 pm

JediChewy wrote:BG is a lot like Terminator mythology in space. I just started watching a month ago and am in Season 2. Quite good.

You pretty mcuh summed it up.... :) .... ijust started watching yesterday,I am not gonna comment on anything until tonight or tomorrow,i wanna watch a few episodes before i truly judge this show....but right now it seems like a kick ass kinda show :)
captain jack sparrow
Stunt Double

PreviousNext

Return to Battlestar Galactica Discussion [No spoilers!]