Season 8

General discussion for '24'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Season 8

Postby tomwilson24 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:57 pm

I think season 8 should be the last one to ensure it doesn't go stale. It has been too good a show to be canceled.
tomwilson24
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Season 8

Postby JediChewy on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:52 pm

With Jack as a grandfather now, tired and wanting out of CTU and his agent life, I think it might be soon the last season. There's only so many stories you can write about terrorism and the like. Usually shows last this long as 8 or so years so I'm gonna miss if when it goes.
May The Force Be With You!
JediChewy
Guest Star

Postby chris_s on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:25 pm

I think it went stale a few season ago, but I still find myself watching it and getting excited when the premiere approaches. I think they need to replace Jack Bauer with someone a little younger and greener. I'm hoping they're grooming the Fredie Prinze Jr. character for that role.
chris_s
Supporting Actor

Postby Sandiwich11 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:56 pm

I stopped watching around Day 6, and I have to admit that I was getting a tad bored before then as well. The problem for me is that the format always seems to be the same, I'm not sure how many more president assassination attempts and nuclear bomb threats I can sit through :unsure:

I'm watching Day 8 so far as I've been told that it could be the last one, and there were very positive reports from the promos, etc. I am enjoying it so far, and I have to agree that Freddie Prinze Jr. has been awesome, but I dunno if I would watch any more after this one even if they did change the lead.

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby dutchie on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:14 pm

I stopped watching after season 3(how could they kill Nina!! She was my favourite character) but I started with this seaosn and I ahve been enjoying it so far. Although, I always hate those little sub plots. Now you have the one with that Dana(thats her name...right?) character and it annoys me.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby d_itsme on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:37 pm

I actually liked the last season a lot (espcially the episode 8-16 arc was fabulous), because there were little subplots which had nothing to do with the overall storyline. Dana Walsh seems ok for now, but I do not hope that storyline is gonna last for 24 episodes. I'm interested if we gonna see Ethan Kanin again, something looked wrong with him in the first epiosde (he had a bottle of some pills) and Weiss seems to know (or wanna know) more.

I guess it depends on the direction of the story if I want another season. Based on the first 4 episodes I would say yes, but there are still 20 to go. A lot can happen.
d_itsme
Viewer

Postby steveuk2009 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:58 am

i think it went stale about 2 3 seasons back and should of ended then but its definalty time for fox to make this the final season before it goes downhill anymore. Its no longer must watch tv for me and when im watching an episode now im watching and waiting for the clock/end rather than not wanting the episode to end.
steveuk2009
Stunt Double

Return to 24 Discussion [No spoilers!]