[Official] 24 Ep. 8.03/8.04 Discussion

General discussion for '24'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] 24 Ep. 8.03/8.04 Discussion

Postby Iceman on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:20 pm

24 - Day 8: 6:00PM - 8:00PM

8pm

Discuss This Episode Here

JACK BAUER KEEPS A WATCHFUL EYE ON AGENT RENEE WALKER
ON AN ALL-NEW “24” MONDAY, JANUARY 25, ON FOX

Four explosive hours after being unwillingly drawn back into action, Jack Bauer reteams with a risky Renee Walker to track some very dangerous leads. Meanwhile, back at CTU, a desperate Dana Walsh faces tense and untimely circumstances, and emotions escalate when President Taylor learns of a larger looming threat that jeopardizes the peace accord with President Hassan in the all-new “Day 8: 8:00 PM-9:00 PM” episode of 24 airing Monday, Jan. 25 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TWF-805) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer; Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O’Brian; Cherry Jones as Allison Taylor; Anil Kapoor as Omar Hassan; Mykelti Williamson as Brian Hastings; Chris Diamantopoulos as Rob Weiss; Katee Sackhoff as Dana Walsh; Freddie Prinze Jr. as Cole Ortiz; John Boyd as Arlo Glass

Guest Cast: Bob Gunton as Ethan Kanin; Akbar Kurtha as Farhad Hassan; Necar Zadegan as Dalia Hassan; Nazneen Contractor as Kayla Hassan; Eli Goodman as Dr. Levine; Juergen Prochnow as Sergi Bazhaev; David Anders as Josef Bazhaev; Gene Farber as Oleg Bazhaev; T.J. Ramini as Tarin Faroush; Jon Sklaroff as Ziya Dakhilov; Callum Keith Rennie as Vladimir Laitanan Tony Curran as Lugo

Promo
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] 24 Ep. 8.03/8.04 Discussion

Postby Nick on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:04 am

Now this was fantastic. :D Renee is totally badass and both hours were just plain great. I'm hoping the season continues with these kinds of strong episodes.

Everything was better these two hours than the last two IMO. Except the Jenny subplot is kind of already getting old...she just needs to put a bullet in him and move along unless this is somehow going to intersect with the main one. Love Katee Sackhoff, but those scenes just seem sort of irrelevant considering all that is going on.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby QueenZ on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:19 am

I really enjoyed tonight and the first 4 hours as a whole. I am liking the new characters so far, but of course it's great to see Jack and Chloe together again. And how badass was Renee tonight!

Iceman said it in the other thread, this season has potential. I've always been a great fan of the show, but admit that not all seasons have been fantastic.So far so good for me this season. Let's hope the trend continues.
QueenZ
Stunt Double

Postby frekkells on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:45 pm

Fantastic! :thumbsup: Two strong episodes. Renee has the part I wish Dana would have. I hope they keep the edge to Renee. How awesome was it to have Jack running into a situation saying "What have you done?" instead of the other way around. :w00t: Hope Day 8 can keep up the pace with they've set for themselves.

Just one little question, Can Brain Hastings stand up straight? He always seems bent over.
FREKKELL'S FANTASY FORCE ~ 6th place ~ Season 5 LFL
Credit and Much Thanks to MAGIC BOX for the awesome banner.

Proud owner of Ben's Annie doll and line, "I always have a plan."
frekkells
Show Expert

Postby CaseyCasey87 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:47 pm

I have to agree with y'all, two excellent episodes altogether! Really impressive start to the season in my opinion! Renne is pure evil! :lol:
"HE IS BOB, EAGER FOR FUN.... WEARS A SMILE, EVERYBODY RUN...."- Phillip Gerrard

Either Conuley or against us basically...

I have a tiny font size
CaseyCasey87
Emmy Nominee

Postby Tranquility on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:07 pm

Gotta love Renee's comeback :D
Tranquility
Supporting Actor

Postby sooie159 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:26 pm

Its pretty hard to shock a hardcore 24 with the amount of violence in a show... but that was an intense ending. Former Agent Walker is a little off-the-hinges - and that will certainly make for some intensely interesting situations down the line.

I actually like the Russian angle. But - doesn't the President's brother get diplomatic immunity? Why is he running from the cops? I know he has to get the nuke in a limited timeline and doesn't want to do it out in the open... but did he HAVE to kill an agent and run away like a mad-man?

And as I said on the 8.01-8.02 thread - the Dana Walsh story line is unimaginative and contrived.
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
And judging from the promo, looks to be even more-so in the future.
Last edited by Sandiwich11 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Promo's are spoilers, please use tags in this section
¡Viva los porcinos! GO HOGS GO!!!
sooie159
Extra

Postby Iceman on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:18 am

First of all - The President's Brother looks like Lester from Chuck. It's slightly disturbing.

Secondly - I must be forgetting the end of last season, what happened to Renee to make her all :mad: ?

Third - WHY DOES NO ONE LISTEN TO JACK BAUER ANYMORE? HE IS ALWAYS RIGHT. That's why Chloe wins. ;)

I am loving Freddie Prinze Jr. and Anil Kapoor. They are great. Like Nick said, Sackhoff is great too, but only when her subplot is not on TV.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Nick on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:31 am

Iceman815 wrote:Secondly - I must be forgetting the end of last season, what happened to Renee to make her all :mad: ?

Towards the end, Jack told her that sometimes it's necessary to go to extremes and break the rules a bit, giving her a bit of a pep talk before he was wheeled off to the hospital. Renee took his advice, and tortured (off screen) that one guy they had in custody at the end who was involved with Tony Almeida for information. And as explained by this season, it appears she lost her job because of it.

...if I'm remembering correctly.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Iceman on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:34 am

Oh alright. Wasn't sure if that was what they were referring to or not. Thanks :)

Speaking of that, The Tony Almeida story kind of fizzled out. It would be cool if he came back this season for some real closure :P
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Nick on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:40 am

I hope so....I'm not sure if this is a spoiler but...

...considering this is possibly the last season I hope they squeeze him in there somehow.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Iceman on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:41 am

Nick wrote:I hope so....I'm not sure if this is a spoiler but...

...considering this is possibly the last season I hope they squeeze him in there somehow.

Or maybe he will be in the rumored movie.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Sandiwich11 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:59 am

Great episodes, they really have picked up the pace, so much seemed to happen during these two hours. I am really surprised that I'm liking Freddie Prinze Jr. so much, loved his scene where he was chasing the Russian after the blast. My heart nearly stopped when he told the search team that he was with him, thank god good old Jack was there to save the day, lol.

Also really liking Renee, I haven't caught the last two seasons so I was a bit in the dark about her character, I'm assuming that her and Jack had a relationship? Sutherland and Annie Wersching play so well opposite each other, their scenes together are a real treat. I'm still in shock about the whole thumb incident thou :scared:

frekkells wrote:Just one little question, Can Brain Hastings stand up straight? He always seems bent over.

He's stoop was really noticeable in these two episodes, he also seemed to turn from the shoulders rather than his neck. Does the actor have an old sporting injury or something?

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby JediChewy on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:48 pm

Renee is turning into Jack! His kinda woman! ha ha.
May The Force Be With You!
JediChewy
Guest Star

Postby d_itsme on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:59 am

Renee is definately look like Jack, but it seems she does he's different motives. Jack did the things he did to 'protect his country', while Renee seems to be driven be revenge motives. But I'm hooked to this storyline, Annie Wersching is fantastic and I cannot wait how this arc is gonna play out in the next 20 hours.

The 4 episode start was just faboulous. The first 2 were maybe a little slow, but the pace picked up right on time. I do have to admit I have to get used to the new characters, although Cole, Weiss and Hastings seem OK. Arlo/Arno Glass is just boring.
d_itsme
Viewer

Return to 24 Discussion [No spoilers!]