[OFFICIAL] Episode 7.03-7.04 Discussion

General discussion for '24'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[OFFICIAL] Episode 7.03-7.04 Discussion

Postby Iceman on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:59 am

This is the official discussion thread for day 7 10:00am-11:00am and 11:00am-12:00pm

No spoilers until the episode has aired please
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [OFFICIAL] Episode 7.03-7.04 Discussion

Postby frekkells on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:11 pm

I got to say, I am liking this season, a lot.

So glad we got to see Chloe last night. :thumbsup:
It will take a couple more episodes to get used to the new characters and their names.
All us Lost fans got to see Yemi again last night. It will be interesting to see how long they torture him before they kill him.
FREKKELL'S FANTASY FORCE ~ 6th place ~ Season 5 LFL
Credit and Much Thanks to MAGIC BOX for the awesome banner.

Proud owner of Ben's Annie doll and line, "I always have a plan."
frekkells
Show Expert

Postby Flacolaco on Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:49 pm

Yemi...I knew I recognized that guy from somewhere.

Strong so far this season.

It's awfully early still...is Tony telling the truth? It seems to early to find out what he's really doing.
Flacolaco
Extra

Postby Iceman on Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:36 pm

If Tony is lying, then I think he is lying to Bill and Chloe too meaning I don't think Bill (or especially Chloe) are the "bad guys" even if Tony still is........

The first 2 episodes were slow in my opinion, but the next 2 picked up the pace.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Ghostclown on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:07 am

Solid 4-hour premiere, not as action-packed or big as the previous two seasons' premieres, but it seems the season is much more planned-out

Episode 3 was definitely the best of the first four, with the return of Bill and Chloe and the reveal of Tony's true intentions. I knew Tony wasn't going to be bad, but I did like that he was "bad" previously as then the whole "Tony is evil" wasn't a complete fake-out. The Jack/Tony interrogation scene was absolutely fantastic, such intensity. I loved it when Tony mentioned Kim, Audrey, and Teri and Jack just lost it. I always enjoy when old characters are referenced, as they're not just forgotten. Especially Teri, who has now been mentioned in every season after her death.
Ghostclown
Extra

Postby SorshaFire on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:23 am

I like the whole ramshackle CTU that Bill, Chloe, Tony and now Jack have assembled. I wonder how much it will grow over the season? Knowing how realistic 24 is I'm sure they will have a full blown operation going with the remaining 20 hours they have left. (I haven't read spoilers for this season so if you know please don't post it in reply to my question.)

As far at the rest of the show I like it so far but a lot of it seems recycled. Jack busting himself or someone out of a building with Chloe's help. A mole on the inside working for the bad guys. Someone close to the President working with the bad guys. I'm sure there are more but those were the ones that immediately jumped out at me as I was watching.
SorshaFire
Supporting Actor

Postby Finli Otego on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:58 am

I wasn't really sure about this new season until these episodes.
I am fully on board now! :thumbup:
I REALLY loved the sequence with Tony and Jack teaming up to escape the FBI building. It was so tense! It reminded me of old-school 24. Tony and Jack are awesome together.
The only thing that hasn't really grabbed me yet is the white house story...so we'll see where that goes.
All in all: 24 IS BACK, BABY!!

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby Dreyesbo on Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:04 am

Yeah, I really don't feel a sense of urgency on the White House's behalf. And I'm pretty sure that any US president would cave in; they consider the lives of their citizens first. Of course, I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't be penetrated that easily :P

The third hour has been the best, in my opinion. As Finli said, the FBI scenes were great. When Tony said "Deep Sky" (or "Deep Blue", I don't remember xD), I was REALLY intrigued of what it meant. And I like that they didn't drageed out that Tony was good. And it was still kind of a twist, as we've been bombarded with "he is bad", with the promos.

The whole 4 episode pack, I rate it 8/10
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Bauer on Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:39 am

here is a recap credit http://www.tv.com/24/show/3866/episode.html

Very excited and glad i stayed off the spoilers and reviews for first 4 Episodes.As much as i love spoilers I trying hard to watch my 24 , I missed for 22 months open eyes . Obviously based on what I have seen or read prior to show starting up again, I got a good idea of whole storyline involves not only Africa but those in Administration who are getting wealthy over this War in africa by supplying them weapons etc .We have the storyline of the son . Had heard two accounts one was he dies in the first episode but I guess ,it was easier to already have him dead and move onto why and who killed him . If you saw Redemption we know who at least paid to make sure all this coverup of the son death, as a suicide . I not sure if i am trusting the Henry's Secret Service agent , he may be taking away the information samantha gave him. Nice little side story which will all fit by days end . Tony's group, led by a person who has killed as many people as jack and been right in the front line of battle . As we see everything is tied 100% to africa one way or another.

Nice to hear a mention of Audrey's name by Tony !!! Even if it was in anger . Tony /Jack confrontation was intense and as good as expected

147. Season 7, Ep 3: Day 7: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM

With Tony in custody, Jack leads his interrogation, but is shocked when a code word Tony whispers in his ear leads to old friends and a plot much deeper than anyone in the FBI anticipated. Jack once again takes the law into his own hands when he breaks Tony out of the FBI's custody to deliver him back to the terrorist faction. Renee asks CTU technician Janis Gold to try to uncover a possible leak in the agency, but Janis is terrified when her discoveries point to fellow analyst Sean Hillinger. Colonel Dubaku sends a message to Taylor, insisting that the US withdraw its forces from Sangala, or risk a terrible attack on their soil.

Aired: 1/12/2009
148. Season 7, Ep 4: Day 7: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM

Buchanan takes Jack to "CTU", a secret hideout where he and Chloe had been working with Tony to uncover the conspiracy within the US government. Tony had been undercover with the terrorists aiding Juma to discover the moles. Jack agrees to help get Tony back in play by joining Emerson's crew himself. Taylor is forced to meet with Matobo to inform him that she may be required to withdraw her forces from Sangala to protect American lives. Her Chief of Staff, Ethan Kanin, agrees with this decision, but Taylor is not yet convinced. Henry meets with Samantha, Roger's former girlfriend, who tells him that Roger was indeed murdered and provides him with proof.

To Be The Man You Have To Beat the Man Ric Flair 16 Time World Champion
Bauer
Extra

Postby Tranquility on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:54 pm

This season is looking great so far. Tony's good/bad guy reveal was really well done. And ofcourse I've been waiting to see Chloe and Bill again.
So far the craziest part was Jack crashing that car out of the carpark with his hand on the gas pedal :w00t:
Tranquility
Supporting Actor

Postby steveuk2009 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:22 pm

better than the first 2 episodes imho. i think after episode 3 and 4 this season looks like could have potential to be great. I really hope Jack tony bill and chole stay rogue working by themself under no agency for some time to bring down General Juma instead of joining up with the fbi to right away to bring him down. I liked the fact they not working for any agency to bring him down and think it could be great if they do it for more than 5 or 6 episodes.

As the only the new charcters that havent grabbed my attention yet is the fbi as would much rather see jack work with bill chole and tony than Renee Walker as i just felt her and jack had no on screen chemistery what so ever to be honest i found her boring.
steveuk2009
Stunt Double

Postby QueenZ on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:02 pm

No complaints at all from me, I am just glad 24 is back! It's great to see Jack and Tony back together in action again. Also thrilled to see Chloe and Bill again. I am actually intrigued by the Whitehouse story as well, especially the First Husband and his search for the truth about his son's death.

And for the Lost fans, how cool was it to see Yemi! Seems plenty of Lost actos have appeared on 24.
QueenZ
Stunt Double

Postby abc123kes on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:42 pm

Like someone else said, I think the first 2 episodes were a bit slow, but the pace has picked up in the 3rd and 4th ones. I'm hoping with the scenes we saw where Jack comes face-to-face with President Taylor will also step up the game at the White House..

Also, I have a question. I was confused about how Jack got Bill's number. When Tony said "Deep Sky", tat was the code name right? Unless it was the numbers that go along with the letters... o.O
Does anyone know for sure?
abc123kes
Extra

Postby SuperSerb on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:33 pm

All four episodes were awesome! This season will be best so far. I hope there will be at least two more seasons.
SuperSerb
Guest Star

Postby Joe Col on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:11 pm

abc123kes wrote:When Tony said "Deep Sky", tat was the code name right? Unless it was the numbers that go along with the letters... o.O
Does anyone know for sure?

I believe it was the numbers that go to the letters. Lucky that they were in the same area code.
"A gram of speed and a one night stand, I left my baby in the devil's hand ..."
Joe Col
Extra

Return to 24 Discussion [No spoilers!]