24 series nearing a End? ask Kiefer sutherland ....

General discussion for '24'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

24 series nearing a End? ask Kiefer sutherland ....

Postby Bauer on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:31 pm

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/01/24- ... -146255532

'24' exclusive: Kiefer Sutherland calling it a day?
Jan 26, 2009, 10:22 AM | by Michael Ausiello
Categories: 24
Good news for terrorists everywhere: With just one more year left on Kiefer Sutherland's 24 contract, there's a very real possibility that Jack Bauer's career as the world's foremost savior may end next season. And while Sutherland says he's undecided as to whether day 8 will be his last, he's watching the clock in a way he never has before.
"I don't think about [the end of 24] a lot, but I did this year for the first time," he confesses. "It was one of those weird moments where the stage was unusually quiet; it was like a ghost town. I was looking around [thinking] about all the work that went into building this thing and it hit me: This will end one day, and I'm going to be sad about it.
"Whether season 8 is the end or not, I don't know," he continues. "I love making the show, so I'm leaving my options open. And in all fairness, I think the audience will dictate that more than anybody."
In the meantime, perhaps even more critical than determining when Jack will pack it in is how. "There are two obvious choices: Jack dies, or Jack finally has a happy ending," suggests executive producer Evan Katz. "It's actually an interesting discussion as to which would be more faithful to the show and more rewarding for the audience. Because if we give him a happy ending, part of the audience would be mad at us for doing what is easy. And if we kill him, they would be mad at us for a different reason altogether."
There are also the bean counters at 20th Century Fox to consider; they'll need Jack alive if there's to be a 24 movie franchise (as many expect there will be). "Kiefer and I have always said, 'Jack Bauer's gotta die,'" says fellow EP and frequent director Jon Cassar. "But then the idea of a 24 movie came up and we went, 'Oh, okay, maybe not.'
"I always joke that Jack dies and they discover he's been the terminator the whole time," Cassar adds with a laugh. "That's why he never died [and] why he can't stay in relationships. And then they take another Jack Bauer off the rack and send him out into the world. It makes a lot of sense, but I don't think it'll happen."
What kind of ending do you envision for Jack? And how would you feel if 24 were to call it a day next year (at least on the small screen)?

I say go till season 9 ,this way we have three trilogies. Losing last year all together, the 24 fans need 3 including season 7, to make us happy. If there was no writers strike, then we would be in season 8 ,maybe all this extra time he has on his hands he is wondering what is next. Sure they are working on Season 8 writing it thinking of how season 7 ended(only they know) how to move along.

To Be The Man You Have To Beat the Man Ric Flair 16 Time World Champion
Bauer
Extra

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: 24 series nearing a End? ask Kiefer sutherland ....

Postby Dreyesbo on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:24 pm

I still need to see more of Season 7 to decide whether I want more 24, or not. I mean, it has kind of lost some of its flavor...but I'm up for a movie series, that would be great. Expecially, what the 24 crew can do with a bigger budget.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby abc123kes on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:55 am

I wouldn't mind it ending next year with a movie out the year after that... though i still have this little feeling of wanting more than 8 seasons.

But yea agree with Dreyesbe.. I need to see more of this season..
And also, the audience size of 24 will be detrimental in deciding the fate of the show.. or so the director said.
abc123kes
Extra

Postby gottawatchlost on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:11 pm

I've watched this show since Day 1 hour 1 minute 1... and while there were a day or 2 more like a few hours that I didn't like I have LOVED this show. I think that I would keep watching until they just did really stupid stuff. 24 is one of my top 2 show that no matter what I watch this - the other being Lost of course. It would be terrible to have both of my shows ending next year. :(
gottawatchlost
Viewer

Postby JediChewy on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:21 pm

gottawatchlost wrote:I've watched this show since Day 1 hour 1 minute 1... and while there were a day or 2 more like a few hours that I didn't like I have LOVED this show. I think that I would keep watching until they just did really stupid stuff. 24 is one of my top 2 show that no matter what I watch this - the other being Lost of course. It would be terrible to have both of my shows ending next year. :(

I'll have to agree. 24 is a great show.
May The Force Be With You!
JediChewy
Guest Star

Postby dknight on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:54 am

I too have been with 24 since day 1 hour 1 and I've loved nearly every second of it, I wasn't a very big fan of last season. This season has really bounced back in a big way and renewed my love of the show and I'd be all for another 2 or 3 seasons and a movie. I also wouldn't be opposed to Jack dying, I think if done correctly it'd be a great ending
dknight
Extra

Postby Loopsy Faraday on Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:47 pm

I've watched it since S1 and i'm still loving it. It had a slight dip last season, but I agree that day 7 has been brilliant so far.

I'm not a big fan of turning TV shows into movies, so if they can keep it going on TV for as long as possible, i'll be happy.
Loopsy xoxo

Loopsy Faraday
Extra

Postby Nick on Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:16 pm

This show has had its fair share of blunders and a bad day (day 6 imo) but I certainly don't want to see it go. At least with the quality now (I think this season is fantastic). But hopefully they'll end it while it's still good. It would be nice to see it go a couple of extra seasons (maybe to season 10 even) but if Kiefer feels or the writers feel it's time to end I don't want them to draw it out and make a crappy show.
Last edited by Nick on Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:08 am

Unfortunately I haven't seen much of 24. I used to watch a few random scattered episodes. Then I saw Redemption and loved it, and now I've been watching Season 7. It is truly great. I hear that some of the seasons have declined in quality, but I think this season is definitely great. I think there could be more than an eighth day and I'm all up for it if there is a good storyline, like the one for this year.
...No More
Thanks to Magic Box For the Sig

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Return to 24 Discussion [No spoilers!]