[Official] 24 Ep. 7.23/7.24 Discussion

General discussion for '24'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] 24 Ep. 7.23/7.24 Discussion

Postby Iceman on Sun May 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Discuss The Finale Here

6:00am - 7:00am, 7:00am - 8:00am

JACK BAUER’S EMOTIONAL DAY COMES TO AN END ON THE TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF “24” MONDAY, MAY 18, ON FOX

After 22 hellacious hours underscored by the loss of innocent lives, the evil betrayal of Tony Almeida, the First Gentleman’s kidnapping and shooting, a vicious siege on the White House, heroic sacrifices, a conspiracy, exposure to a lethal pathogen and an unthinkable bio-weapon attack, Jack Bauer reaches an emotional breaking point as this remarkable day reaches its climactic conclusion in the “Day 7: 6:00 AM-7:00 AM”/“Day 7: 7:00 AM-8:00 AM” 2-hour season finale episode of 24 airing Monday, May 18 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TWF-723/724) (TV-14 V)

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer; Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O’Brian; James Morrison as Bill Buchanan; Janeane Garofalo as Janis Gold; Cherry Jones as President Allison Taylor; Carlos Bernard as Tony Almeida; Annie Wersching as Renee Walker; Colm Feore as Henry Taylor and Bob Gunton as Ethan Kanin

Guest Cast: Jon Voight as Jonas Hodges; Sprague Grayden as Olivia Taylor; Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer; Glenn Morshower as Aaron Pierce; Will Patton as Alan Wilson; Leland Orser as Martin Collier; Ryan Cutrona as Admiral Smith; Frank John Hughes as Tim Woods; Amy Price-Francis as Cara Bowden; Ravi Kapoor as Muhtadi Gohar

Promo Photos
Sprint Sneak Peek
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] 24 Ep. 7.23/7.24 Discussion

Postby Henry Gale on Tue May 19, 2009 4:53 am

Uhm? Did anyone else watch it?

Is it me, or did they not resolve the end? it was such a bad ending. It's 24 the point is it happens in 24 hours. bad bad decision.
Henry Gale
Guest Star

Postby MattSilver on Tue May 19, 2009 9:12 am

I thought it was a good ending. It wrapped up the day enough to make it seem like an ending, while leaving some of it open for the next season. Case in point: Tony's captured and alive (ala Nina Myers back in S1), Renee's interrogation of Wilson may either come up with something to continue on with in during Season 8, President Taylor may have basically lost her family, but she's doing great as President (So no more corrupt President plot when she's around), Jack's going to live and be a changed man because of it (Well, probably). I liked this ending. Nice and simple does the trick.

By the way, I actually felt sorry for Tony when it was revealed Michelle was pregnant. Came at me from nowhere, that one did.
MattSilver
Extra

Postby JediChewy on Tue May 19, 2009 4:31 pm

No that pretty much was a bad way to end the season. Granted there are the lose ends, but it's not like those lose ends are exciting cliff hangers. They are meerly answers you can sorta figure out for yourself.

Personal I think they should have had a clean cut ending, with no lose ends and start fresh next season because the finale ended like any other show to watch what happens next Monday. YAWN.

Oh and Renee becoming a shadow of Jack...I almost burst out laughing, c'mon.
May The Force Be With You!
JediChewy
Guest Star

Postby SuperSerb on Tue May 19, 2009 10:49 pm

I watched only 23. and it was OK for me.
Will see what happens in 24. I will watch it tomorrow.
SuperSerb
Guest Star

Postby ripzfx on Wed May 20, 2009 6:19 am

It an okay end of the season I guess. I don't mind the open plotlines they left for the imagination, it reminds me of Sopranos. But, I do not like the last scene specifically where...
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Kim runs in at 7:59:59 to save the day. Who hasn't been knowing that would happen for the last 12 episodes?
And I called the whole part about Tony wanting to kill the major bad guy twist as soon as he asked to meet him for a promotion. So the writing has gotten pretty lame on this show compared to what it used to be. Also, the action is just way too boring in this episode with Jack only killing some weak scientist geeks with their own scalpels :roll: . Seriously? Laboratory assistants? Maybe next year he will kill a bunch of terrorist kindergartners. He used to be way more bad ass where he would raid entire terrorist compounds by himself in season 1 or in the season 2 finale when he was at that stadium and did a running neck breaking flip sideways off a wall to kill someone with a machine gun. At least I have the old season 1-3 dvds to watch when I want to see the true Jack Bauer. The acting is what saved this episode for me though, I really liked the performances of Tony, Jack, Renee, and the president's husband a lot. Even though the whole "you killed my son" thing was cliche, that's the writers fault, Carlos Bernard did a good job in that scene. Aaron, Chloe, Olivia and the president were okay performances. But, as I've come to expect, Kim and whatever Janean Garafulos character's name is were acted very sub-par. They both annoy me so much.
Image[/center]
ripzfx
Show Expert

Postby SuperSerb on Wed May 20, 2009 7:11 pm

Many 24 fans didn't understood that this season wasn't totally based on action, the writers was more focusing of emotional part, and I think they done that pretty well.
It would be stupid if each season were same, wouldn't it?
This season was pretty much different than first 6.
SuperSerb
Guest Star

Postby jgarrett on Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 pm

I really hope that Tony is gonna be back...that'd be cool.
jgarrett
Viewer

Postby SuperSerb on Sun May 24, 2009 5:19 pm

He will, it's confirmed.
SuperSerb
Guest Star

Postby diddymao28 on Fri May 29, 2009 4:28 pm

I did like these episodes and this season of 24. The whole Tony switching sides "twists" were a little too much for me, but in the end I knew he would turn and do the right thing.

I figured the ending would be something like that as there was no way they could pull off Jack getting better in 4 hours.
diddymao28
Extra

Postby JediChewy on Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:47 am

I would think that Tony would come back so we can see what happens to him, but will he be a major role? Will he still be bad? Hope that guy who he was gonna kill gets what's coming to him.
May The Force Be With You!
JediChewy
Guest Star

Postby SuperSerb on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:45 pm

I only hope that Jack and Tony will "work" together. :D
SuperSerb
Guest Star

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:06 am

Between this and Lost, it seems that shows are really going for big cliffhangers and failing to resolve anything at all.
...No More
Thanks to Magic Box For the Sig

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Return to 24 Discussion [No spoilers!]