Any House Fans In the House?

General talk about House.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Any House Fans In the House?

Postby Bella on Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:40 am

House totally jumped the shark for me a season or two ago -- but I do love Hugh Laurie, so if there's absolutely nothing on, I'll still watch. (I actually watched regularly until this season, when the silliness of the cases just got to be too much. Plus, I miss his original team.)

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Any House Fans In the House?

Postby BearaceDougie on Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:24 am

I still throughly enjoy House.

Dont get me wrong, i loved the old team.
But his new team i enjoy to watch aswell.

I do wish the older team would appear more often but i like the idea they have gone of and become successful in there own rights.

Case wise, were there outlandish but i always saw House to be full of these kind of cases.
I cant wait for it to start up again, Finale sure sounds good.
BearaceDougie
Former Staff Member

Postby Bella on Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:11 pm

BearaceDougie wrote:I still throughly enjoy House.

Dont get me wrong, i loved the old team.
But his new team i enjoy to watch aswell.

I do wish the older team would appear more often but i like the idea they have gone of and become successful in there own rights.

Case wise, were there outlandish but i always saw House to be full of these kind of cases.
I cant wait for it to start up again, Finale sure sounds good.

I just have a hard time with my suspension of disbelief when it comes to this show. Maybe it's because I come from a a family filled with medical professionals, and grew up hearing them groan at the way procedures were portrayed on television. But, really, it's just gotten past the point of enjoyment for me. I spend the whole hour scoffing.

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby DesmondsBrother on Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:18 pm

I love House but we are way behind here in the Uk so i cannot really talk much about the third season
DesmondsBrother
Guest Star

Postby blandestk on Mon May 12, 2008 1:57 pm

Love the show. I don't have a problem with the procedure or the outlandish cases, because I don't watch for medical accuracy or anything medical at all.

Also, I don't really know how a show like this could possibly jump the shark.
blandestk
Extra

Postby Forensic007 on Mon May 12, 2008 2:05 pm

I have watched House since the first episode. I loved House's original interns, but I enjoy the new group just as well. Cuddy and Wilson are the two anchors of the show, at least in my opinion. House says things to Cuddy that half of us guys think, but wouldn't dream of even uttering under our breath to a female co-worker, let alone our boss. The banter between House and Wilson is absolutely hysterical, continually slamming one other and pointing out each others' shortcomings.

I think with House...you either love it or you hate it.
Forensic007
Viewer

Postby Maqrkk on Mon May 12, 2008 2:12 pm

I didn't like it at first, but after seeing a few episodes I've also come to love it. And I'm now regularly watching episodes that are being aired in the Netherlands. I believe I've only seen episodes from the end of season 2, the whole season 3 and the beginning of season 4 though.
Xbox360 Gamertag: Maqrkk - 26310 Gamerscore
Maqrkk
Forum Technician

Postby Inaudible-Whisper on Mon May 12, 2008 2:37 pm

I'm quite a big fan. I'm not too impressed with how they handled the new series. Like most people, I loved the original cast and I like the new guys, but I just think they're playing it too safe. If you're going to take the risk and get rid of half of the original cast, do it properly. Don't pussy about having them leave only to then have them quite absurdly all manage to get back to what they wanted to get away from but in such a fleeting manner it seems rather pointless. I can understand wanting to keep them around and expand the cast, but aside from Foreman they've been relegated to cameo appearances. So I think it would have been a more bold and shocking move to have completely gotten rid of them, and have them appear once or twice a season for special episodes.

Having said that, I still get relatively the same amount of enjoyment from new episodes. House (the character) is just as brilliant as ever and his banter with Wilson is better than ever, though I'm not too sure about this whole Wilson relationship with Cut-throat bitch. I just don't see them together at all. Again, I think it was just an excuse to keep a member of the cast they like around. But with the daily cases, I don't feel I'm having to suspend my disbelief any more than normal. House has never been overly realistic.
Gummi Bears. You know you want some.
Inaudible-Whisper
Viewer

Postby 407 on Mon May 12, 2008 5:40 pm

I'm a huge fan (obsessed is probably the right word for it). I adore it. I think I'm strange in that I like the new team better than the old one - or I adore Kutner and Taub, at least. The old team I liked well enough, but to be honest, I rarely notice that they've even gone. This is possibly because I don't watch the show for the medicine or the cases. I tend to watch for the characters.

Ok, I watch it for Wilson. I admit it - my enjoyment of any given episode is pretty much proportionate to the amount of Wilson in it. I'm a simple girl, really...
think i'll walk me outside and buy a rainbow smile
{ house's house of whining }
Viewer

Postby Luncheta on Mon May 12, 2008 6:38 pm

Inaudible-Whisper wrote:But with the daily cases, I don't feel I'm having to suspend my disbelief any more than normal. House has never been overly realistic.

Did you know that the cases are actually real???? In fact I once heard that the writers of House and Grey's Anatomy ussually fight for the stories.

I think that House was getting a little bit stuck, that's why I'm enjoying sooo much this season and all the changes, specially the episodes where the new team was selected, it was hilarious!!
Luncheta
Stunt Double

Postby Inaudible-Whisper on Mon May 12, 2008 7:22 pm

Luncheta wrote:
Inaudible-Whisper wrote:But with the daily cases, I don't feel I'm having to suspend my disbelief any more than normal. House has never been overly realistic.

Did you know that the cases are actually real???? In fact I once heard that the writers of House and Grey's Anatomy ussually fight for the stories.

I think that House was getting a little bit stuck, that's why I'm enjoying sooo much this season and all the changes, specially the episodes where the new team was selected, it was hilarious!!

I'm quite sure that fantastical cases like these do exist, but I'm sure they're rare. So for House to get a uniquely great case each episode, or even just stumble upon them by accident is something you have to just accept on such a show. Plus there's the fact that House always solves the cases based on some magical hint that appears at the end of the episode, such as Cuddy bending over showing a red thong and House, eyes raised (You know he's worked it out), running in saying "Expose the skin to Conga Red dye" - the skin fluoresces, amyloidosis is correctly diagnosed.
Gummi Bears. You know you want some.
Inaudible-Whisper
Viewer

Postby mattdriver200 on Mon May 12, 2008 8:49 pm

I love House, it's probably my favourite show that delivers on all levels, although for pure Drama I'd have to pick Lost
mattdriver200
Viewer

Postby Gus TT Showbiz on Tue May 13, 2008 12:31 am

i like it, but if you've seen one episode, you've seen them all.
Gus TT Showbiz
Former Staff Member

Postby penelope on Wed May 14, 2008 8:13 pm

I'm a huge fan, but I did not like this four season, except for a few episodes. Besides the fact that I loved the old team and I find the new one pretty useless (since each character seems to be a bad copy of the old ones), it really seems to me that this season was sometimes ridiculous and even vulgar. I liked the last two episodes, though: I really hope that the audience decrement push TPTB to make a better season 5.
ImageImageImage
penelope
Extra

Postby speedy15 on Wed May 14, 2008 9:23 pm

I am a house fan

Having watched house since it first aired here in the UK i have seen most episodes however it was only this series that i became a "serious watcher" (obviously that means watching it the day after it airs in America, not when it airs on 5).

I know that this series is different and although i do miss the full original cast we see them almost every episode and I think the whole job interview scenario provided us with a laugh a minute at least.

The last episode, House's Head, was pure genius and argueably my favourite episode ever. In my opinion the show is just getting better and better
a life without lost is like a life without life
speedy15
Viewer

Next

Return to House Discussion [No spoilers!]