Original Team?

General talk about House.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Original Team?

Postby Rychki on Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:18 am

How do most here feel about TPTB shunting aside the original team and bringing in the newbies?

IMO it was unecessary. I really don't think the show had gone stale, and Chase, Cam & Foreman contributed to making House the great show that it was. They were there from the beginning and we started our House journey with them.

I dont dislike the new team (but I do dislike the excess screentime one of the newbies gets over everyone else) but they don't have the same chemistry as the original ducklings. And ever since season 4, I've felt House has been lacking. I don't think it's entirely the fault of the new team. But I think it's partly one of the reasons.

How do you feel about it?
Rychki
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Original Team?

Postby drackodelmal on Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:35 am

i actually love the new team, i believe that the past of the characters was already run down, and the issues they have will not change when they where with Greg.... The new team has more baggage, therefore, it can be built upon, and is not like we lost the original ones....
drackodelmal
Emmy Nominee

Postby fstrmg on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:52 pm

I didn't think the show was going stale either. I loved the old team! The new team is fine, I like Kutner and Thirteen but Taub is really annoying. And I really hate how the writers just randomly bring in Chase and Cameron for like five seconds an episode. They really need to find a way to permanently have them around.
fstrmg
Viewer

Postby DarkUFO on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:02 pm

I have to admit that I enjoyed the 4th season (We've just watched the Finale here)

It will be interesting to see if Season 5 holds my attention :)
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby bicbic on Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:15 am

At first I was a bit skeptical about a new team replacing the old one. I was so used to Cameron, Chase and Foreman walking around, helping House, but with time I've grown to appreciate the new characters and their stories.
bicbic
Viewer

Postby fob9546 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:22 am

I like the new characters, but I really hope we havent seen the last of the original 3
fob9546
Viewer

Postby Stiffy2 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:53 pm

I think we needed the fresh faces but obviously we're used to the original 3. The old ducklings are still around and I think they carry an extra importance to the show now. The strike really screwed things up imo- watching season 5 the new cast seems to fit in a it better.
Our job is to find what's killing patients, not treat them for chronic idiocy." -House
Stiffy2
Viewer

Postby ChAmeroN4evs on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:27 am

I don't dislike the new team, although I did at first. They've grown on me a little, but I miss the old team. I do think that the original duckings should return to their original jobs one day... one can only dream :)
ChAmeroN4evs
Viewer

Postby [H]ig[H] on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:11 pm

It's only when they were all gone that I realised I really liked them, and I really missed them in early season 4 (still miss them now, but we get to see them more often).
And I'm getting used to the new team, I loved the "Survivor" arc, Taub and Kutner are really funny together, and Thirteen doesn't bother me, she's very sarcastic and I like that. As long as we get to see all the members of the cast (old and new team), I'm okay with that =).
[H]ig[H]
Viewer

Postby dext on Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:41 pm

I didn't think the show needed to be fixed. I first thought it would quickly go back to the old team so I never really invested in the new team at first. Then, House chose the three finalists and it became obvious that the original team wasn't coming back and was only there for cameos...
I tried to care about the new ones but I can never remember both Taub and Kutner's names at the same time (except now when I can read them on the post above mine...). I don't mind them but they bore me when it's only them onscreen :huh:
About 13, she began as a Cameron clone (Cameron was never my favorite character but at least, she was original). Then, she took so much screentime from House that I've become fed up with her.
I'm still watching because it once was my favorite show and it has the potential to be that again if they Wilson and Chase both get more screentime and interaction with House and if House is again front and center in his show.
This is obviously just my feelings and I tend to be harder on a show I used to love :(
dext
Extra

Postby Dr.K on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:40 pm

hate it its not the same , i dont like anyone from the new team ! I want chase and cameron back :(
Dr.K
Viewer

Postby AuntySocial on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:48 pm

I think they are all great. I didn't see the show as going stale either, but the point was to change BEFORE it got stale. With Cameron and Chase (Foreman is still on the team) you got to where you knew the take were going to have on a situation. This new team there's still more uncertainty, which I like. I wouldn't mind more Chase and Cameron, but when they were on the team getting a ton of screen time, it mostly wasn't quality screen time, just suggesting Lupus or dealing with the patient. Now, they are in less scenes but they usually have more purpose in them.
AuntySocial
Viewer

Postby gglover on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:42 pm

fstrmg wrote:I didn't think the show was going stale either. I loved the old team! The new team is fine, I like Kutner and Thirteen but Taub is really annoying. And I really hate how the writers just randomly bring in Chase and Cameron for like five seconds an episode. They really need to find a way to permanently have them around.

I agree. I miss Chase, Cameron and Foreman! They had this chemistry that Kutner, Taub and Thirteen just don't have. Ah wells.
gglover
Viewer

Postby Florry86 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:31 am

I'm fine with the new team, but IMHO the show began with Cameron, Chase and Foreman so it's pretty sad to see them being being put apart.
I mean they were a very important part of the show and it's pretty odd to see them and believe they were part of the original team.

As for new team it's fine, but I still have to get used to it :hmm:
Florry86
Extra

Postby Dizzie-Bizzie-Lizzie on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:21 am

i just love the new team especially 13 cos she is always butting heads with house
G'day Mate
Dizzie-Bizzie-Lizzie
Extra

Next

Return to House Discussion [No spoilers!]