Original Team?

General talk about House.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: Original Team?

Postby AustenFugitive on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:39 pm

I really love the new team. Ecspecially 13. Although Taub really bugs me. But i do miss the old team too.
Skate is Fate!!
AustenFugitive
Extra

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Jeremy_Bentham108 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:45 pm

I like the new team but don't you think 13 gets more screentime than Taub and Kutner?
Jeremy_Bentham108
Viewer

Postby coffeecrisp7 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:48 am

I love the new team, especially as I hated Cameron, but I've grown to like 13 less and less. She used to be my fave out of the 3, but now she's my least favourite.
coffeecrisp7
Viewer

Postby Pat on Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:24 am

I miss the original team like whoah. The six original characters were all different, all original and they all had a unique contribution to the show.

This team seems like a re-hash of what we've already had. Foreman is arrogant and cynical, Thirteen is arrogant and cynical and dying (but not soon enough) and Taub is arrogant and cynical. Kutner seems like the only unique character but we know nothing about him.

If they had to change the team over, it should have been Amber and Henry, the old guy.

Foreman was the least interesting of the original team IMO but he's the one who has stuck around. Five years of Foreman is enough for me.
Pat
Viewer

Postby penelope on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:20 pm

I think that the main problem is not the new team replacing the old one (which was my favourite, for the record) because I can see the reason why, after three years of internship, the old ducklings needed to move on with their careers in order for the show to be realistic (although, to be honest, the show was unrealistic in many other circumstances, but that's for another thread :P). The problem is that TPTB, IMHO, completely failed to correctly integrate the new cast with the oldest one. This is proved by the fact that characters like Chase and Cameron (and sometimes even Wilson) barely have one minute of screen-time per episode (when they're not even in the episode at all), which is unbelievable. Besides, the new team is roughly a copy of the previous one (Taub acts like Foreman on several occasions, the same goes for Kutner/Chase and, most of all, 13/Cameron) and, instead, TPTB decided to kill off two characters who were really interesting (i.e. Amber and Lucas, the private investigator).
I love this show, but sometimes I think the authors need to take some course from Team Darlton, who definitely knows how to manage a rich cast! :P
Anyway
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
they keep saying that next season Chase and Cameron will have the old screen time... I hope they'll keep the promise.
ImageImageImage
penelope
Extra

Postby DestinyFound on Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:13 pm

I LOVE the new team :thumbup:
Show Expert for Glee and The Office
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Postby isabelle on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:17 pm

Well, I'm catching up and just started season 4, I'm on epi 5 now, and I miss Chase and Cam like LOADS! :cry: :scared: Foreman still has pretty good screentime, and is working with House again as far as have seen so far, which I like. I also liked seeing him have his own team briefly (til he got fired for doing a House-like rule break :lol: )I think Foreman was ready to move on, but I don't think Chase and Cameron were ready yet.

I like the way House has been chosing his new team, and I know which 3 he choses. I like 13 a lot so far. Haven't formed an opinion on the other two yet. But the newbies are nothing compared the originals. :( :( :(

I want to see more of Chase and Cameron like ASAP. I really don't think its fair to give them such a lack of screentime. Did the actors ask for less screentime or something? Cos otherwise, its not fair at all on them. They were such a huge part of the show and now just appear for brief cameos.
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Postby DestinyFound on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:33 am

I initially missed the original team, but the new team really grows on you . . . . trust me ;)

I was just starting to like Kutner until, well you know :blush:
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Postby Lamurias on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:10 pm

if 13 dies next season, maybe chase or/and cameron can go back to house's team. that would be good, because, really, the old team is better. i think 4th season was good, with house's mind games, but now that the team is settled, it's getting boring. good thing they already killed kutner (although it wasn't really their choise)
next time on lost
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
TOM IS GAY
Lamurias
Stunt Double

Postby DestinyFound on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:32 pm

Lamurias wrote:if 13 dies next season, maybe chase or/and cameron can go back to house's team. that would be good, because, really, the old team is better. i think 4th season was good, with house's mind games, but now that the team is settled, it's getting boring. good thing they already killed kutner (although it wasn't really their choise)

true, but I still am resentful about it :cursing:

And I was just starting to like him :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Postby SallyMD on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:48 pm

I love the old team, Cameron's my favorite character, so I think it's pretty clear I prefer the original ducklings to the new team. I'm glad TPTB chose to reintegrate them in season 6.
SallyMD
Viewer

Postby MrsAdamLambert on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:34 pm

I love the old team, except Foreman. But still despite the fact that I didn't care for him at all the original recipe team had much, much better chemistry then the new team. Chase and Cameron were more interesting characters point blank but there was just something to uninteresting about Thirteen, Taub and Kutner. I really only disliked Thirteen but there was never as good a click as the original.

Despite that the new mixed line-up has promise. I just think they chose the wrong mix. If it were my choice it would have been Chase, Kutner and Taub with Cameron being the House wrangler as opposed to Foreman. I just really don't like him or Thirteen at all. They're easily the most annoying characters on the show yet they're the ones the show wants to shove down our throats which in turn makes them more annoying...what's the deal with that plan?
Ashley
MrsAdamLambert
Extra

Postby Joshua on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:48 pm

Just finished the 4th season and hate the new team. Kutner and Taub irritate me no end. 13 is ok but just another Cameron. :|
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Shark834 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:09 am

I loved the old team. I think they did a really great job on the show. Nothing against on the new ones but I just love Cameron, Chase, Foreman! :D

-- Merged Double Post --

I loved the old team. I think they did a really great job on the show. Nothing against on the new ones but I just love Cameron, Chase, Foreman! :D
Shark834
Viewer

Postby Joel Leo J on Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:40 pm

I like the new team but the timing of their arrival was so wrong!!!

The season before the newbies arrived was IMO the best ever! I was loving the chemistry, and then they changed it, and it's gone down hill frantically ever since.....

I don't think they can't rescue it, maybe this season should be the last..... Especially how they gotnrid of Allison
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Previous

Return to House Discussion [No spoilers!]