Prison Break canceled

General discussion for 'Prison Break'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Prison Break canceled

Postby Tranquility on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:34 pm

What's wrong with airing a show on a friday?
Tranquility
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Dea on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:50 pm

ally88 wrote:
Michael or Sara could die.

I'm sure Sara won't die.. I don't know Michael.. :cry:

Michael almost died because of the brain tumor....
i keep on saying that lol.
Dea
Viewer

Postby LOSTONANISLAND on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:36 pm

I really thought the show was immune because of how successful it is overseas.
LOSTONANISLAND
Viewer

Postby elpida_s on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:38 pm

I agree with many of you that cancelling PB wasn't a surprise. The show had come to a dead end. They brought back Sara from the dead, they revived the dead mother, there is nothing else that they can do to kep the show going on.
I only hope to a killer ending!
elpida_s
Stunt Double

Postby iamsolost on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Tranquility wrote:What's wrong with airing a show on a friday?

I dont find anything wrongwith airing the showon Friday.......In fact fI am releived that I wont have to choose to watch Heroes or Prisonbreak and wait until later to watch the other.

It is sad that it is going to end, I think it was the right decision, just hope for a killer ending
Thank You Magic Box for this outstanding siggy& beautiful avatar
iamsolost
Stunt Double

Postby Tranquility on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Yeah I'm also happy with a friday airing. That means I can download it saturday morning and watch it right away, as opposed to waiting half a day when having college on a normal weekday.
Tranquility
Supporting Actor

Postby mike on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:23 pm

right decision..... I hope they'll do a great series finale....
"Guys, WHEN are we?"
mike
Viewer

Postby beresford on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:05 am

Prison Break was the first tv show I've really feel attached to, it will be very sad seeing it go, especially after a season 4 that I've been loving, but I have to agree with it, because it better goes now that ruining the show completely by just making it last... Now I just hope we get a great ending and then we can always re-watch it!
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby ripzfx on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:50 am

ivaja wrote:I beliveve it's right decision to end it now, even though it's sad one. But I don't like the idea that it will air on Friday, it's like FOX has no respect for the hit shgow like this. And I really hope for some happy ending for MISA.

I don't really think you can blame Fox for anything. The show is no where near a hit anymore and if they wanted a good time slot they should have kept it interesting enough so they got more than 6 million viewers an episode this year. Fox has a history of cutting good shows episode orders back like they did when they got rid of 9 episodes of Arrested Development, so to actually give PB the money to make 2 extra episodes they should be happy enough with that. Plus, 24 is going to do much better in their slot on mondays paired with House, so you can't really blame them for moving PB.
Image[/center]
ripzfx
Show Expert

Postby bonniesrg on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:57 pm

I'm a bit sad it's being cancelled, I don't watch it religiously on tv anymore. I buy it on dvd and watch, but it's enjoyable to watch with characters that draw you in.

It may not be as good as it once was, but I'm afraid it will go the usual route where nowadays cancelled shows with solid fanbases get replaced by shows that aren't terrible good to start with.
bonniesrg
Stunt Double

Postby AnastasioPhan on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:46 pm

I love the show, so I'd like it to keep going, but at the same time, I understand that its starting to drag on.

I'd rather decent PB than no PB.
AnastasioPhan
Extra

Postby scurt on Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:44 pm

IMO the first half of season 4 was great and had alot of promise but it went downhill real fast. I'm sad that its ending, but I'm relieved as well.
scurt
Viewer

Postby Wannabe815survivor on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:14 am

iamsolost wrote:I dont find anything wrongwith airing the showon Friday.......In fact fI am releived that I wont have to choose to watch Heroes or Prisonbreak and wait until later to watch the other.

It is sad that it is going to end, I think it was the right decision, just hope for a killer ending

I hope for a killer ending 2!! :) I'm sorta glad its cancelled (and the crew KNOWS it, so theyll end it properly (hopefully) unlike The 4400)

And same with the Heroes and Prison Break thing. :) But the first half of Season 4 was brillianto, and so was "Just Business" which was after Self stole Scylla, so I have faith.. :)

I would LOVE If Michael and Linc opened a scuba shop and then they see Sucre... :wub: :wub:
Ana-Lucia: Shut up. When I tell you to do something, you do it... I say move, you move... I say stop, you stop. I say jump, what do you say?
Sawyer: You first. :lol:

Sawyer: Swell. I guess we can all sue Oceanic together.

Ben: Destiny, John, is a fickle bitch.

Alex: You locked Karl in a cage! You put him in a room and tried to brainwash him!
Ben: I didn't want him to get you pregnant. I suppose I overreacted...
Wannabe815survivor
Stunt Double

Postby Nick on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:04 am

It was canceled? I'm pretty sure I read at the beginning of the season that this was intended to probably be the final season. So I thought it ending was intentional, not a cancellation kind of thing.

But this is a good thing. I'm glad they did this before it spiraled too wildly out of control...it's getting a bit too complicated (and don't get me wrong, I love complicated shows like Lost for example, but I think this is the kind of show that should remain relatively simple). So I'm glad they're ending it while it's still good.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby gglover on Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:05 pm

I was a huge fan during season 1, but I stopped watching halfway through season 2. Great show, great storyline, but it faded out after awhile. I'm kinda sad to see it go, but they just ran out of ideas.
gglover
Viewer

PreviousNext

Return to Prison Break Discussion [No spoilers!]