[Official] Prison Break Ep. 4.21+22 Finale Discussion

General discussion for 'Prison Break'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

[Official] Prison Break Ep. 4.21+22 Finale Discussion

Postby Joshua on Thu May 14, 2009 9:53 pm

RATE OF EXCHANGE; KILLING YOUR NUMBER

Please discuss this episode here.

NOT EVERYONE GETS A HAPPY ENDING ON THE SERIES FINALE OF “PRISON BREAK” FRIDAY, MAY 15, ON FOX

In the series finale, familiar faces return to help Michael with his last shot at getting Scylla in the proper hands and dismantling The Company once and for all in the “Rate of Exchange/Killing Your Number” series finale episode of PRISON BREAK airing Friday, May 15 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (PB-421/422) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Dominic Purcell as Lincoln Burrows; Wentworth Miller as Michael Scofield; Michael Rapaport as Don Self; Amaury Nolasco as Fernando Sucre; Robert Knepper as Theodore “T-Bag” Bagwell; Sarah Wayne Callies as Dr. Sara Tancredi; William Fichtner as Alexander Mahone

Guest Cast: Kathleen Quinlan as Christina Scofield; Rockmond Dunbar as Benjamin ‘C-Note’ Franklin; Leon Russom as General Jonathan Krantz/Pad Man; Ted King as Downey; Raphael Sbarge as Ralph Becker; William Mapother as Agent Chris Franco; Reno Wilson as Agent Wilson Wright; Danay Garcia as Sofia; Barbara Eve Harris as Felicia Lang; Jennifer Kern as Allison Hale; Andrew Borba as Dr. Peter Chaffin; Anthony Armatrading as Soloman Okella

Joshua
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Prison Break Ep. 4.21+22 Finale Discussion

Postby Shaggysteve on Sat May 16, 2009 4:29 am

I was satisfied by the finale as a whole, especially how it seemed like everyone got what they deserved. Everyone that is, except Michael. The ending was just so sad, and at first I didn't understand why they had to kill him off. Then I realized that, in a way, it was the proper ending. Farewell Prison Break. You had a good run.
Shaggysteve
Stunt Double

Postby cindydelyon on Sat May 16, 2009 6:52 am

I haven't got a realle nice gift for my birthday with prison break, I 'am so desapointed...
Anyway I have watched very quicky these episodes, can someone tell me when and by who michael knows that sara is pregnant ??

Thanks to all
cindydelyon
Viewer

Postby Spleen on Sat May 16, 2009 6:57 am

Damn good episodes, and a real good sendoff.

Loved seeing Sucre, Ceenote and Kellerman again, especially Kellerman, he was one of my favourites.

It really does seem like most characters got what they deserved, and seeing Krantz in the chair was really good, Kellerman as a senator and Self as a vegatable was a tad too far though. Kellerman did far too many bad things in the past to end up a senator, and Self should have died instead imo.

T-Bag was amazing in this episode, his scenes with Sarah were especially good, he's always been my favourite character in the show, and I'm glad he didn't die.

But what happened to Gretchen? Last thing we saw was her being abandoned after being shot.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Spleen
Supporting Actor

Postby beresford on Sat May 16, 2009 11:31 am

The perfect finale. I was not happy about Michael dying, but I could understand it. And I loved how they showed everyone together at the very last end, after already accepted his death. The episode itself was Prison Break style on its best... Don't know what else to say. It was the first tv show I ever liked, it's hard to say goodbye now.
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby SuperSerb on Sat May 16, 2009 11:48 am

It all happened too fast.
I didn't liked this finale.
But I definitly liked the ending...
Everyone will remember Prison Break now.
It was really sad, and that end-game song was awesome!
SuperSerb
Guest Star

Postby beresford on Sat May 16, 2009 11:56 am

Speaking of which, does anyone know the name of the song?
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby SuperSerb on Sat May 16, 2009 11:57 am

Of course. :)

Lay It Down Slow - Spiritualized
SuperSerb
Guest Star

Postby Tranquility on Sat May 16, 2009 1:04 pm

A perfect finale for my second favorite show. The return of Sucre, C-Note & Kellerman really worked well.
RIP Prison Break. You were awesome :cry:
Tranquility
Supporting Actor

Postby Maqrkk on Sat May 16, 2009 2:34 pm

Loved the episode. The show has had it's lesser seasons, but I think in the end it worked out pretty good :)
Xbox360 Gamertag: Maqrkk - 26310 Gamerscore
Maqrkk
Forum Technician

Postby ARIS3 on Sat May 16, 2009 4:53 pm

JESUS CHRIST!!!
Words are not enough to describe the unbelievable beauty of the finale!!!
So depressing but so amazing at the same time!This was the PERFECT ENDING!
Tears were running like waterfalls from my eyes :cry: but this was the exact ending I had in my mind-especially in the flash forward where Sara talks to Michael,but it is not Michael,it is Michael Jr!
And the song...the perfect choice!
Those two episodes were fantastic!Season 4 had its weaknesses but after ep.4.18 it was the Prison Break we knew and loved!
Leon Russom's performance in the electric chair was awesome!
Mahone and Lang?Well,that was entertaining :lol:

And the question:in Michael's grave it was written "Michael J. Scofield".WTF does "J" mean?Not "Jonathan(Krantz) I hope :scared: :scared: :scared: Please God tell me that we won't find out in the extra episodes that the General was Michael's father...

I am sooo going to miss Prison Break :cry: :cry: :cry:
ARIS3
Supporting Actor

Postby beresford on Sat May 16, 2009 7:36 pm

SuperSerb wrote:Of course. :)

Lay It Down Slow - Spiritualized

Thank you very much

beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby space_man on Sun May 17, 2009 1:21 am

Really glad Kellerman was in it! :O

Awesome ending. Can't wait for the next two episodes.
space_man
Extra

Postby isabelle on Sun May 17, 2009 1:58 am

Wow... *long post ahead*

This was an amazing finale. Perfect way to end the show. :thumbsup: I cried like a baby though.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Oh Micheal... :( You didn't deserve to die. But I understand why he had to. I always thought the perfect ending would be someone dying because the whole "break Linc out of jail" thing resulted in a lot of deaths. So I always thought Linc would be the one to die, but being Micheal....it makes sense. Plus...the tumour. :cry:

Apart from Micheal, yeah I agree, everyone got pretty much what they deserved. Sara got her child, Linc got Sophia and LJ (who was where btw?), Sucre got his family. Mahone...well, I guess his marriage couldn't survive everything that happened, especially that his son died, but I think deep down he still loves her in a way. I guess if he was to end up with anyone other than Pam, then it should be Lang. :) I'm also glad Mahone didn't betray Micheal and that it was a plan all along. I never doubted himfor a second! Ok, maybe just for a second. ;) I know I said that I hope Micheal doesn't come up with some way to save everyone. I thought it would be contrived and too repetitive, but I'm glad he did. :)

Tbag....oh Tbag. I hate to love you. If you had just made some of the right decisions....like oh I don't know, let Sara go instead of try to rape her, then I think Sara would have honoured her promise to tell the authorities you helped and you'd have been exonorated too. :no: Aside from that, I think he ended up right where he is supposed to be. Fox River. Over the seasons, I've come to sympathise with him a little bit, with his flashbacks, and how at one point this season, I'd thought he'd been redeemed when he let Gretchen's sister and daughter go. But nope...he went back to bad again. The worst part of it for him is that he knows that if he had done a few things differently, he'd have had a different fate. Now, he is basically back to exactly how he was when we first met him, only this time, I don't know, I think maybe he actually has some genuine regrets. I mean, when he saw that book... :cry:

So great to see C-Note, Sucre and Kellerman again! I was pretty disappointed with Sucre when he left, but I love that he came back and helped. C-Note - Had a perfect ending in season 2 and it was great to see him join in the action once again. But neither of those two compare to the epicness that was seeign Kellerman again!!!! :w00t: As soon as C-Note said the guys name was Paul I knew. I wasn't sure if we should trust him or not for a while, but glad he came through. The thing with Prison Break is that bringing characters back has been kinda lame in the past. coughSARAcough. Don't get me wrong, I do like her, but after the head in a box thing, bring her back was a bad idea. Glad it worked out for her though. But anyway, I think Kellerman is the ultimate exception to that rule. He seems to be the one character that every fan has hoped would return and obviously, the writers were totally aware of that. Glad he got a good ending, but at the same time, I'm also glad that he hasn't completely escaped his past. It felt right to see Danny's wife show up and spit in his face. :lol: He is a changed man but he did a lot of bad things before.

I wasn't happy to see Self end up the way he did though. That was really sad. :cry: He didn't deserve that imo, but hey, I guess it would have been a bit too Disney for everyone good to get a happy ending.

The General in the chair. I actually thought that was a bit much as well. I know he deserved it and all, and I think it was brilliant decision to have someone ended up in the chair (just glad its not Linc). It was a great season one reference, but I did like his character and I just felt sad to see it.

Speaking of season one references. They were dotted throughout and I loved them. Seeing the inside of Tbag's pockets again! :lol: I guess when he did that to Sara that was our first clue that he wasn't going to change. The origami swan!!! :cry: Oh god, when Linc put that on Micheals grave... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I knew Micheal would die cos I was accidently spoiled. But I really liked Micheal/Sara in this episode. :wub: The scene on the beach was so sweet. They were happy for a moment, and then he died. I wonder if he lived long enough to see his son being born?

Anyway, sorry for the book I just wrote. Can't wait for the extra episodes and yay if Gretchen is in them!
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Postby Simply Kimberly on Sun May 17, 2009 2:48 am

I just watched the finale and only have a few thoughts. I am going to give one big ditto to nearly everything isabelle wrote.

First of all, THAT was the way to end a show. It was completely satisfying down to the very last scene. I don't always have to have a happy ending. I mostly want an ending that makes sense. PB definitely delivered.

Kellerman's return was the cherry on top for me though. It was fitting that he end the brothers' run since he was the one that helped to start it all. I am so glad I wasn't spoiled for that because Kellerman is my favorite PB character of all. My only quibble is that he didn't get to hold a gun. Kellerman + gun = :drool:
How many times do I have to tell you John, I always have a plan!
Simply Kimberly
Guest Star

Next

Return to Prison Break Discussion [No spoilers!]