[Official] Prison Break Ep. 4.21+22 Finale Discussion

General discussion for 'Prison Break'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: [Official] Prison Break Ep. 4.21+22 Finale Discussion

Postby isabelle on Sun May 17, 2009 2:51 am

I also thought it was satisfying but I was just reading some people's opinions elsewhere and they are seriously furious with the ending. They seem to really hate it. I thought it was such a brave decision and definately the right move.

I read an interview with the producer and he said that he had a conversation with Wentworth back in season 2, and Wentworth said that Micheal's hands are just as dirty as everyone elses. I thought it was perfect way to end the show and his character. Definately the best send out of any show I have seen to date. Wonder if the Lost ending can top it! :w00t:
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby ARIS3 on Sun May 17, 2009 7:17 am

Simply Kimberly wrote:My only quibble is that he didn't get to hold a gun. Kellerman + gun = :drool:

Wouldn't that be awesome!!! :thumbsup:

isabelle wrote:I also thought it was satisfying but I was just reading some people's opinions elsewhere and they are seriously furious with the ending. They seem to really hate it. I thought it was such a brave decision and definately the right move.

That's why I love posting here about Prison Break! Because people have healthy opinions. And I'm not talking about whether someone liked or didn't like the ending,but reading comments like "I won't watch the finale if Michael dies" "I won't buy the dvd with the 2 extra episodes" "I don't care if everyone died as long as MiSa have a happy ending" "Writers rot in hell-go f***k yourselves" and bla,bla,bla...
I'm not saying that all the MiSa fans are like that,but these people really infuriate me.The claim that they are the only real fans of PB and that they are the majority.Sooo annoying!

Anyway,I'm as excited as I can be for the 2 extra episodes and I'm prepared to spend looots of tissues again when I watch Michael's death :cry: but I'm gonna enjoy every moment of these two last episodes!
ARIS3
Supporting Actor

Postby beresford on Sun May 17, 2009 12:30 pm

I'm surprised with the amount of people furious with the finale. There are people everyone demanding that the finale is re-writen and so on... I didn't like seeing Michael dying, it was obviously sad, but it made sense, I think that's the most important thing of it. For those one hated it, well, it's always possible to ignore that last scene and pretend that the MISA scene on the beach was their last moment on the show:P
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby SuperSerb on Sun May 17, 2009 12:48 pm

I re-watched last 2 eps now, and I finally heard what General Krantz said on electric chair:

"Semper paratus".

It is some kind of military expression, and it means "Always ready".

P.S.

The end was really :cry: :cry: :cry: .
SuperSerb
Guest Star

Postby iamsolost on Sun May 17, 2009 6:03 pm

What a wonderful send off. The writers were able to tie up loose ends, bring Sucre C note and Kellerman back. Make an unbelievable situation seem believeable. To see Kranz in the chair was so fitting, with what he put all these people through. T Bag, the group getting to decide his fate, Loved it, prison is the safest place for TBag and everyone else. poor Mahone, now a free man, but still no family to go home to, glad he had someone to love him. Self, well I gave up on him quite a while back. Michael & Sarah finally yet only shortly finding happiness. I thought the General had his Doctors remove the tumor? The reunion was touching and completed the show imo.

BTW: Lincoln told Michael via cell phone that Christina knew that Sarah was pregnant.

All in all very moving finale and a great way for the show to go out. Thank you Prison Break!! I too could no longer watch you all running and hiding. :cry: :cry: :cry: :(
Thank You Magic Box for this outstanding siggy& beautiful avatar
iamsolost
Stunt Double

Postby elpida_s on Mon May 18, 2009 1:06 pm

I'm one of the people that didn't like the ending but only because I want a happy ending to everything. They didn't have to kill him :( :(

I hoped that T-Bag would be good in the end, but I was wrong...

I didn't like either that they brought back from the dead Kellerman, and also the reappearance of C-Note and Sucre.
Couldn't they have end the show with the current characters?
elpida_s
Stunt Double

Postby ARIS3 on Mon May 18, 2009 3:28 pm

elpida_s you were veeery late :PP :PP :PP
Personally I liked Kellerman's come back,besides we never actually saw him dying.
And I was happy to see Sucre again even though his return didn't have a meaning.
C-Note?Totally useless.I loved his story back in season 2, but they should have left it there.
Anyway,these are details! I'm gonna say it once again,both the episodes and especially the finale were great(at least for me :D )
ARIS3
Supporting Actor

Postby elpida_s on Mon May 18, 2009 9:24 pm

That's right!!! I was really late this time :D :D Ι had both episodes early saturday but the familly didn't leave me alone to enjoy them! I had to wait until last night (very night O.o ) to see them...

I wonder how many tumors can someone have in a such a sort time , in the same place (or didn't the Company cure him... :cry: ). Again, I was really bummed to see Michael in a grave

I wanted it to end soon, but now it's over... I really gonna miss it and I even wasn't a big fan of the show...

(my secret desire was to see Linc and Gretchen together :wub: )
elpida_s
Stunt Double

Postby ARIS3 on Tue May 19, 2009 4:03 pm

elpida_s wrote:That's right!!! I was really late this time :D :D Ι had both episodes early saturday but the familly didn't leave me alone to enjoy them! I had to wait until last night (very night O.o ) to see them...

I can feel you!!! I had to put three little monsters to bed before I could sit alone to enjoy them!And of course I told my husband: " I'm not here for the next 90 minutes!"

elpida_s wrote:(my secret desire was to see Linc and Gretchen together :wub: )

I had a hope back in ep. 4.16 but unfortunately nothing happened :( But they would definitely be a hot couple!
ARIS3
Supporting Actor

Postby Leliforever on Wed May 20, 2009 9:02 am

I watched the episode yesterday (it's exam period unfortunately!)
And I loved it...
I'm gonna miss it

I just wanted to add that I'm going to pretend that the final scene never happened.that i never saw Michael...being where he was,because even though I knew the spoilers and I was prepared for it,I still cried like a liitle baby..
And there was that song in the end.I just coiuldn't help it! :cry:

For me Michael is alive and he was travelling to Europe to ...promote some new blueprints or whatever :sneaky:
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby ARIS3 on Wed May 20, 2009 9:18 am

First of all Leli good luck with your exams!
Leliforever wrote:I just wanted to add that I'm going to pretend that the final scene never happened.

So,this means that you are not going to watch the two extra episodes?
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
because in these we will see how Michel dies...
ARIS3
Supporting Actor

Postby elpida_s on Wed May 20, 2009 8:58 pm

I believe those 2 extra episodes will just bring more tears to our eyes :cry: :cry:
Last edited by elpida_s on Wed May 20, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elpida_s
Stunt Double

Postby Owa! on Wed May 20, 2009 9:12 pm

It was a cruel ending indeed :( Brought up some hard memories for me too... god damn evil writers! God damn youuuuuu! *shakes fist in air* :mad: :cursing: :cry:
FiveBretz... you suck!
Owa!
Emmy Nominee

Postby Leliforever on Thu May 21, 2009 7:21 pm

ARIS3 wrote:First of all Leli good luck with your exams!
Leliforever wrote:I just wanted to add that I'm going to pretend that the final scene never happened.

So,this means that you are not going to watch the two extra episodes?
because in these we will see how Michel dies...

Thank you! :D

I'm going to watch them actually...too difficult to resist.
Basically I wanna see
if Michael gets to see Sara giving birth before he dies. :cry: :cry: And their beach-wedding. :wub: And the rescue.But I'm still going to pretend that it's just a dream or whatever
When something begins,you generally have no idea how it's going to end...
The house you were going to sell becomes your home,the roomates you were forced to take in become your family...
And the one night stand you were determined to forget becomes the love of your life...
Leliforever
Supporting Actor

Postby elpida_s on Sun May 24, 2009 7:33 am

That's definitely the end. The show went on the "retired shows" section... :(
elpida_s
Stunt Double

PreviousNext

Return to Prison Break Discussion [No spoilers!]