Season 3: A look back

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Season 3: A look back

Postby Dreyesbo on Tue May 20, 2008 2:23 am

Well, now there's a thread, so I expect no further complains for the existance of this forum :P

So, how would you rate season 3? I would give it a 8.5. It had its lows, and its heights, as all shows, but was pretty consisten with its story arc: Dean's deal. And that it actually didn't got solved was a pretty nice touch. However, I find hard that they would wait until the last moment to finally get rid of it.

Btw, Jus In Bello is now my favorite episode of Supernatural, leaving behind All Hell Breaks Loose.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Season 3: A look back

Postby Gus TT Showbiz on Tue May 20, 2008 2:24 am

I would give the first half a 6 and the second half a 10, so 8 overall.
Gus TT Showbiz
Former Staff Member

Postby noosha. on Tue May 20, 2008 2:51 pm

I think it was a good season, probably my favourite so far.
it focused on Dean a lot, and I can't say I didn't enjoy that, and I even liked all the new characters, which is rather unusual. XD
it did have its lows, one of them would be, in my opinion, the season premiere and Ghostbusters or whatever it was.
my favourite episode was probably Mystery Spot, though that will most likely change as I rewatch.
you don't do it because you choose to. you do it because you're supposed to.
noosha.
Viewer

Postby Ujio on Tue May 20, 2008 6:03 pm

This season is right up there with the First with me, but the second is definitely my favorite. The Third though had some great episodes and I'd give it a 9/10 along with the first season.Second is a 10 though, great television. This show is way too underrated. It saddens me.
Ujio
Viewer

Postby Butters on Tue May 20, 2008 6:34 pm

I think it was a good season. Although I would not the Ghostbusters episode as being a lowpoint of the series. I didn't think it was a bad episode, I just didn't like the whole concept of the episode in the end.

Also, they left the season on a shocker. I think most people expected Dean to get out of the deal, but he didn't. Shall be interesting to see how they get Dean out of hell. I have my suspicion that Dean will then be hunted by the hunters to send him back to hell though...lol.

Also, I didn't get the Bella and Ruby hate!!! Although, that's maybe because i'm a guy. I do hope Katie Cassidy is back next season as Ruby though. :D
Butters
Viewer

Postby Rubiks on Tue May 20, 2008 7:39 pm

Season 3 has been my favourite so far. I also liked the two new characters and I'm female...Just didn't get all the Bela hate that was going around. I thought she was entertaining. Ah well.
How many times do I have to tell you, John!? I always have a plan.
Rubiks
Viewer

Postby midnightdreamz on Wed May 21, 2008 8:28 pm

I liked season 3..but S1 is my fav..and i didn't think GF was that bad of an ep..I thought it was hilarious..if anything it was good for a good laugh.

if i had to choose between Bella and Ruby, I'd pick Ruby

I'm a Total dean girl but i will have to say that he annoyed me at the beginning of this season. up to around "A Very Supernatural Christmas" i was able to tolerate him again.

all in all i would give this season an 8
Midnightdreamz {My Graphic's Journal}

art credits: me
midnightdreamz
Viewer

Postby Orgrim on Thu May 22, 2008 2:10 pm

I'd give this season an 8. even though it didn't have the feeling of season 1 or 2(which was the best one, IMHO), it's been good, especially the last 2 eps. I was totally "WTF!?!?!?" for the fate of dean, but I'm sure there'll be a workaround... they can't simply split up the winchester bros this way.
Orgrim
Extra

Postby carebear5581 on Thu May 22, 2008 2:26 pm

Butters wrote:I think it was a good season. Although I would not the Ghostbusters episode as being a lowpoint of the series. I didn't think it was a bad episode, I just didn't like the whole concept of the episode in the end.

Also, they left the season on a shocker. I think most people expected Dean to get out of the deal, but he didn't. Shall be interesting to see how they get Dean out of hell. I have my suspicion that Dean will then be hunted by the hunters to send him back to hell though...lol.

Also, I didn't get the Bella and Ruby hate!!! Although, that's maybe because i'm a guy. I do hope Katie Cassidy is back next season as Ruby though. :D

I am with you. Even as a female fan of the show, I loved the extra dynamic the girls brought in. Ruby was by far my favorite of the two.

This season has ranked right up there for me with the two previous seasons. I don't know that I have a favorite so far as I love the show so much! The Ghostfacers episode was a little much but still overall an excellent season. My husband and I like Ghosthunters and now when we watch one, I can't help but think about Supernatural... :geek:
carebear5581
Viewer

Postby 407 on Sun May 25, 2008 2:52 am

This show is so ridiculously underrated.

As for season 3, I loved it. Season 2 is still my all-time favourite and season 1 is probably just a little bit ahead of s3, but... I'd still give it a 7 or an 8. I think Mystery Spot and Jus in Bello were my favourites this season. As for Ghostfacers, I'm... undecided.

And I totally understood the Bela-hate. She annoyed me. Ruby, though? Ruby was awesome. I hope she'll be back next season.
think i'll walk me outside and buy a rainbow smile
{ house's house of whining }
Viewer

Postby Devil's Arcade on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:22 am

Hmm... don't understand how Sam, etc are all getting the blame for the Hell's door getting open?
It wasn't exactly their fault!
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby Elize34 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:29 am

I really liked season 3, and it was definitely shocking. I mean, Dean had a whole season to find a way to get out of the deal, and I for one expected they'd find a way. And then they just didn't. I'd rate it with an 8.5

My favourite season has to be season 4 though. But from the looks of this thread I'm the only one.
Thanks HannaK for making me this unearthly awesome banner!

http://have-heart-my-dear.tumblr.com/ <--- my Tumblr
Elize34
Stunt Double

Postby Gary Troup on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:34 pm

407 wrote:And I totally understood the Bela-hate. She annoyed me. Ruby, though? Ruby was awesome. I hope she'll be back next season.

So much this.
Gary Troup
Star Billing

Postby Joshua on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm on my rewatch now and I have to say, S2 and S3 have been awesome for me. S1 is good too, but I've seen that a few more times.

I'm currently on S4 but struggling to maintain interest. Sam can't pull off a bad guy, Bobby annoys me and I'm just not particularly interested in the story.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Notice on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:20 pm

Elize34 wrote:My favourite season has to be season 4 though. But from the looks of this thread I'm the only one.

You're not the only one :flowers:
It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
Notice
Star Billing

Next

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]