Bringing Out The Dead

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Bringing Out The Dead

Postby crimsonmyst on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:24 pm

Other than John or Mary what character(s) would be on your wish list to be brought back from the dead? How do you think their presence would impact the show and its characters?

Meg would definitely be at the top of my list since I felt she was the best female antagonist on the show (yep, even better than Lilith to me). She had a key role in season 1 but if you actually count the number of episodes she is in, she was not in that many. The ones she was in though she made such an impact that it seemed like she was a much more involved character than she was. I think a good arc for her would be to try and fill daddy's shoes and as they say Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned....

Your thoughts?

Take care,
La
crimsonmyst
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Bringing Out The Dead

Postby The Amulet on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:59 am

Jess absolutely Jess every time, there is so much emotion to explore. So much of Sam's grief is always tied up with the death of Jess and their life together. Palicki and Padalecki have incredible chemistry and every time they share a scene in the show it's a beautiful and meaningful one. I wish they'd bring ghost Jess back for an unfinished business ep, rather than Lucifer pretending to be her.

I'd love JDM back too but i won't hold my breath. :(
The Amulet
Viewer

Postby hmbb on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:50 pm

I think bringing Ruby back would be interesting. Sam had a love hate relationship for her then she stabbed in the back. If they brought her back would Sam want her dead or would he forgive her eventually because she was a pawn in the fight also?

I would also like to see Chuck come back. They left us wondering if Chuck was God or just a prophet for God. i would love to see the answer to that.
hmbb
Show Expert

Postby spngirl89 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:16 pm

I agree, I would love to see Ruby back just to see if Sam's really gotten closure on that part of his life. And it would be fun to see Sam finally giving Ruby the beatdown that he never got around to do. He was always defending her.

And I would also love to see Ash back, mostly beacause he was such a comic relief. I felt he was written off the show too fast, and that he could have been a real asset for the brothers. And of course Gabriel would be great. Most of my favorite episodes involve him, and it was so sad when he died because he stood up to his family!
Dean: "It's like we got a contract on us. You think it's 'cause we're so awesome? I think it's 'cause it's we're so awesome."

Jen: Well, actually, since farmers don't keep roosters, the eggs aren't fertilized, so techically you're just eating a byproduct of the hen's menstrual cycle.
Priestly: Well, that- that's certainly appetizing, a hen-period-salad, that's lovely.
spngirl89
Show Expert

Postby JackVersusLocke on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:18 am

While the episode was really good I hated that Helen and Jo basically died for nothing. I know sometimes that happens in a war situation but it was really depressing.
JackVersusLocke
Stunt Double

Postby spngirl89 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:29 am

JackVersusLocke wrote:While the episode was really good I hated that Helen and Jo basically died for nothing. I know sometimes that happens in a war situation but it was really depressing.

I agree. I felt that they at leat could have made their death a little more meaningful than that. I liked them, an I feel they were written off the show too fast!
Dean: "It's like we got a contract on us. You think it's 'cause we're so awesome? I think it's 'cause it's we're so awesome."

Jen: Well, actually, since farmers don't keep roosters, the eggs aren't fertilized, so techically you're just eating a byproduct of the hen's menstrual cycle.
Priestly: Well, that- that's certainly appetizing, a hen-period-salad, that's lovely.
spngirl89
Show Expert

Postby cassopeia on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:56 am

I found that Ellen and Jo's death was the most emotional death in the entire show since Sam and Dean die too often anyways and we know that they will always come back. I don't really want Ellen and Jo to come back because their death was so tragic and sad that a return would cheapen it. I feel bad for saying it but I liked how the writers used their death to take away the Winchesters last hope - the colt. But that's only my opinion. :whistle:

I really want some season1 characters to reappear. My number 1 is Missouri. She and Bobby need to have a scene. And I know Sarah from 'Provenance' has a lot of fans, so it would be interesting to see what she has been up to in the last 5 years. Did she become a hunter? I was very disappointed by the return of Meg last year. I loved her character in s1 and s2 but I only want to see her again if the writers can come up with a more interesting storyline than last year's 'I'm a Lucifer groupie'.

I also think Patrick he-witch, Kali, Raphael and Bela should come back. I would love to see Bela return as a demon. I wish they could bring back Alastair in Christopher Heyerdahl's meat suit but I don't really see a way how they could do it. :hmm: Maybe a dream sequence (nightmare) with Dean and Alistair....
cassopeia
Viewer

Postby lostrocks4ever on Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:24 am

eleen and jo's death was one of the saddest things i've ever seen but i agree that bringing them back would kinda take away from it all
i think gabriel/the trickster needs to come back
he was awesome and really livened up everything!!!
would hate to see ruby back though, really didn't like her
jess would be nice but i don't hink it would work well with a story
lostrocks4ever
Viewer

Postby Dahne on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:23 am

Although they are not dead, I'd like the Winchesters to meet up with some people they helped earlier. I'd love to see how Andrea and Lucas are doing from Dead in the Water. Sarah from Provenance has always needed to come back and Michael from Something Wicked was the original mini-Dean before Ben. I guess I really like the stories with kids in them and I want to know how they are dealing with their brush with evil. However, of all the season 1 characters, Missouri Mosley is one I hope we never see again. I hated the episode Home because of her. She just grates on my last nerve.

I'm generally opposed to bringing back the dead because it lessens the tension in future stories, but I would make an exception for Gabriel in a second. I think his "death" trip should cause permanent amnesia where he thinks he really is the Trickster. I liked him best in that role. I always loved Ronald Reznick and Agent Henrickson too. My most of the wall choice though would be the hunter Gordon killed. His "Don't play with my Jesus" line cracks me up every time!
Dahne
Show Expert

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]