The New Arch, What could it be?

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

The New Arch, What could it be?

Postby Lord Brad III on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:58 am

I know the majority of the focus on the mythology of this season is on Why Sam is back, What he is, and why whoever brought him back did what they did (if in fact anyone did). I am willing to bet there is nothing behind Sam. I think he has something like no soul (thanks to the promos for that one), and therefore feels no feelings, much in the same way Dexter feels nothing in the way normal people do (if you're not familiar with Dexter, you should watch it; it is quite brilliant, and the context in which I speak of it may be enormously important to the arc of this season of Supernatural).

My question is that, is that all there is to this new arc? There has to be something more than just another thing having to do with Sam and his so-called Soul. When something affects one brother, it affects the other. That means, whatever game the writers are playing on us, is also being mirrored, minor or major league, in Dean and his storyline.

I am hoping Cas will be helpful in this sense (more than in the most recent episode), and figure out not only what to do about Sam (if anything), but if Sam OR Dean even deserves a hundredth chance at redemption, and what would follow after the revelation of such.
"We're good and lost now." Barbossa
"Lost?!" Elizabeth
"For certain, you have to be lost to find the places can't be found; elseways everyone would know where it was." Barbossa [Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End]

---------
'Are you completely doubtless that you are nameless?' He asked.‘Positively certain.’ 'Positively certain.'‘Would it be Mick Barry?’’ 'No.'‘Peter Dundy?’ 'No.' 'Scrutch?’ 'No.'‘Lord Brad?’ ’ 'Not him.' ... ~The Third Policeman - Flann O'Brien
Lord Brad III
Star Billing

Location: 423 Miles To The East Of Here...At Least I Think It's East...

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: The New Arch, What could it be?

Postby KimberlyFDR on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:39 pm

There are three arcs going on this season:

1. Sam has no soul.

2. What is up with the Campbell clan?

3. The Alphas

These are bound to all tie into one another. My prediction is that the Campbells (or at least Creppy!Grandpa) is working for an Alpha boss, a mysterious figure who likely owns Sam's soul and set him up to be Alpha's perfect weapon. Whether or not the Alpha boss is more angelic than monstrous is yet to be seen, but I wouldn't doubt that heaven has a bigger stake in this than we think.
I'm currently a staff writer for the Fandomania, Nerds in Babeland, SpoilerTV blogs, and formerly the ScienceFantasyUniverse blog. Check out all my articles on my site! You can also see me on Livejournal or Twitter!
KimberlyFDR
Viewer

Postby Dahne on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:08 pm

The war in heaven has to tie in somewhere so that is logical. Sera Gamble said the main story is the Alphas so that's the mytharc. Without a doubt, Sam's story will fit into it.
Dahne
Show Expert

Postby Lord Brad III on Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:56 pm

So let's see, to stop the Apocalypse, Sam ended up letting Lucifer use him as a vessel. Michael and Lucifer (in Sam's body) ended up both falling into Lucifer's Cage, Crowley has now pulled Sam out of the cage, but with a catch: Crowley is basically holding Sam's soul hostage. Why? Because he wants to populate/develop (whatever that means) Purgatory. Makes sense with Hell being one story, Heaven another, now it's Purgatory. As a caveat, Crowley, who by the way is now King of Hell thanks to Lucifer being locked up, brought back Samuel Winchester, in order to a) fulfill some deal Samuel has yet to reveal to us, and b) use him as leverage (plus Sam Jr's soul). Having Sam without a soul has proven interesting, as he seems impervious to most influences from Heaven or Hell (he lied right in front of Veritas).

Just trying to figure out where we're at in the story and what reasons the character's might have for doing what they are doing this season. Alphas? (Sorry I don't read a whole lot of spoilers).
"Lost?!" Elizabeth
"For certain, you have to be lost to find the places can't be found; elseways everyone would know where it was." Barbossa [Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End]

---------
'Are you completely doubtless that you are nameless?' He asked.‘Positively certain.’ 'Positively certain.'‘Would it be Mick Barry?’’ 'No.'‘Peter Dundy?’ 'No.' 'Scrutch?’ 'No.'‘Lord Brad?’ ’ 'Not him.' ... ~The Third Policeman - Flann O'Brien
Lord Brad III
Star Billing

Postby hmbb on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:21 am

The Alphas all seem like angels to me. They are using people and creatures to flesh out their territory and to fight their war. I don't know why Crowley wants Purgatory. I don't see what good it will do him, unless he plans on releasing the trapped souls back unto Earth.Grandpa is being used to capture creatures to try to find purgatory. Grandpa is probably getting something in return but what I don't know yet. Maybe a new lease on life?

I don't like Sam without a soul. The brother's interaction are diminished and take away from that whole aspect of the show.
hmbb
Show Expert

Postby Lord Brad III on Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:48 pm

I don't like Sam without a soul. The brother's interaction are diminished and take away from that whole aspect of the show.

I completely agree.
"Lost?!" Elizabeth

---------
Lord Brad III
Star Billing

Postby Dahne on Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:54 am

I like RoboSam. He's funny and straight to the point. Best off, there's none of the guilt that has tied down both Winchester brothers for the last 2 seasons. I don't want RoboSam permanently but I would be happy to have him for most of the season.
Dahne
Show Expert

Postby Lord Brad III on Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:42 pm

Dahne wrote:I like RoboSam. He's funny and straight to the point. Best off, there's none of the guilt that has tied down both Winchester brothers for the last 2 seasons. I don't want RoboSam permanently but I would be happy to have him for most of the season.

As would I.
"Lost?!" Elizabeth

---------
Lord Brad III
Star Billing

Postby ARIS3 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:07 am

Robo-Sam is funny, yes. And very enjoyable in the last episode, but I think I've had enough of him.Can I have my Sammy back now, please?
I mean, half of the season with soulless Sam is enough... How far does Sera have to go until she gives us the bromance back??? I don't even wanna think that this could only happen in the last episode of the season...
ARIS3
Supporting Actor

Postby Dahne on Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:17 pm

My best guess is one or two episodes after the winter hellatus. To give Sam back his soul before the hiatus would be completely out of Supernatural's wheelhouse. They love to make us sweat about something during the hiatus if only to keep us talking until the new episodes air. I think Sam has to get his soul back before the end of the season or else they won't have enough time to wrap up the Alpha mytharc, especially if heaven ends up tying in like I expect it will. You should get a bright, shiny, soul-filled Sammy (or rather depressed, angsty, guilt-filled Sam) back by February at the latest.
Dahne
Show Expert

Postby ARIS3 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:58 am

Dahne wrote: You should get a bright, shiny, soul-filled Sammy (or rather depressed, angsty, guilt-filled Sam) back by February at the latest.
We should, but will we??? You know, I'm going through various phases, sometimes I'm all positive and then a spoiler comes out that throws all my hopes to the see...
When you say February, what episode do you have in mind? 6.14-6.15? I think that if they drag it further than 6.13 it will be too much...
Aaahhh, I need more spoilers!!! :D :P
ARIS3
Supporting Actor

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]