Page 1 of 1

SPN Ideas (Minor arc or mytharc)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:37 pm
by Lord Brad III
So after last Friday's (IMO) less-than-stellar episode, I was daydreaming a little on what might or might not be cool to see the writers take on.
Here are a few ideas I had:
1. When Sam gets his soul back, somehow he meets and falls in love with a girl. This girl just happens to be a fallen angel..
2. Another time-travel episode. It could tie-in to the Soulless!Sam story or the Alpha story. Would be fun to see if the writers did it right.
2a. An angel (or God) takes one or both of the boys to a future with Sam's soul, and/or a future w/o Sam's soul.
3. An angel-demon hybrid. The writers might be able to pull it off, but I was just thinking what would the ramifications be?
4. The boys are somehow sent/killed to Purgatory, eventually getting out, but some interesting stuff could happen there.
5. Instead of fighting demons and shapshifters and Alphas and skinwalkers and witches, a few super-heroes (and I use the term non-comically) turn up to help the brothers. Not just hunters but people with abilities (not a re-hash of the psychic kids storyline).
6. Samuel Campbell turns out to be the Prince of Purgatory. Or at least wasn't telling the whole truth. His explanation seemed kind of simple to me.
7. We finally see if Chuck, wherever he be, is/was really God. If so, I'd like the brothers (again, one or both) to have a mythologically revealing conversation with Him.

That's all I can think of at dawn where I am. Like I said, all these depend on the writers' careful construction of the episodes. I know they throw crazy ideas around all the time, but if any of these caught on, I'd definitely be interested. I'd also like to see Sam's psychic abilities be expanded to much wider, stronger things. Dunno what exactly - with or without his soul.

So, feedback? Am I wasting my time daydreaming these things or do you agree with any of them? Also, if you have some ideas, go ahead and share. :D
(For those who celebrate) Happy Thanksgiving Week! lol

Re: SPN Ideas (Minor arc or mytharc)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:46 pm
by Dreyesbo
I would like Chuck's role to remain ambiguous, it's more fun that way! :D

2. Another time-travel episode. It could tie-in to the Soulless!Sam story or the Alpha story. Would be fun to see if the writers did it right.


Now that's something I would like to see. Perhaps not to a future with soulless Sam (too similar to "The End"), but perhaps a Christmas Story kind of episode, where soulless Sam is shown how he was when he had a soul. Or to take things a bit further, have soulless Sam and Past Sam talk it/cry it out (Jared crying is a staple of the show :P)

Re: SPN Ideas (Minor arc or mytharc)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:09 am
by Lord Brad III
Dreyesbo wrote:I would like Chuck's role to remain ambiguous, it's more fun that way! :D

2. Another time-travel episode. It could tie-in to the Soulless!Sam story or the Alpha story. Would be fun to see if the writers did it right.


Now that's something I would like to see. Perhaps not to a future with soulless Sam (too similar to "The End"), but perhaps a Christmas Story kind of episode, where soulless Sam is shown how he was when he had a soul. Or to take things a bit further, have soulless Sam and Past Sam talk it/cry it out (Jared crying is a staple of the show :P)


I coudln't agree more with that line of thinking!

Re: SPN Ideas (Minor arc or mytharc)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:05 pm
by Dahne
I don't want to see anything more with angels or Sammy's super special psychic powers. I feel they have gone far enough down that line and it now bores me. I'm refreshed with the Alpha mytharc. It's different but not as grandiose as the Apocalypse was. In my opinion, they ruined the Apocalypse's "bigness" for lack of a real world by making it fun. It was not the intense season I expected it to be and therefore was my least favorite season. I think the angels are a great part of what I didn't like about the season. That and the fact that Lucifer was lame. They fought so many others that were far scarier. It never felt like the Apocalypse should have felt. Personally, I would be glad to get rid of Castiel if it meant I could ignore the angels from here on out. I certainly don't want to increase their role in the Winchester world and I definitely don't need another "Anna" for a brother to fall in love with.

I like the idea of them visiting Purgatory but that might be out of the CW budget. (Curse them again.) I also agree that Samuel is hiding something and I look forward to seeing what it could be. I think the unraveling of Crowley's plan should be a lot of fun too. Crowley is a far better villain than Lucifer and I like where they are taking the story this year. Time travel and flash backs have always worked for me on Supernatural so I'd love to see where this could go. Mainly though, I love this season and I can't wait to see how Sera and Co. resolve it. I agree that Clap You Hands if You Believe was off but the timing for comedy couldn't have been better. I hope they aren't going to go much further into the fairy realm though. I'd like this to be a standalone episode in every way.

If I were to dream about what I want to see, I would say the return of Gabriel even though I usually protest people coming back from the dead. I think he and Crowley could have some great scenes together. Also, when Sam gets his soul back, I want him to have the amulet and give it back to Dean. That would be the best way to say that things are getting back to normal without having to be too angsty and emotional. Mostly though, I want more action and more music. I don't care which monsters they go up against but I want it to be intense, bloody, and unique. There are many monsters in myth and legend; why keep trotting the same ones out?

Re: SPN Ideas (Minor arc or mytharc)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:21 pm
by Lord Brad III
Dahne wrote:Mostly though, I want more action and more music. I don't care which monsters they go up against but I want it to be intense, bloody, and unique. There are many monsters in myth and legend; why keep trotting the same ones out?


Yeah, like beginning with Djinns again. I didn't see the point in that. The whole "monsters from country x are being seen around here now, like never before" was interesting. They should keep that up.

Re: SPN Ideas (Minor arc or mytharc)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:05 am
by ARIS3
Dahne wrote:If I were to dream about what I want to see, I would say the return of Gabriel even though I usually protest people coming back from the dead. I think he and Crowley could have some great scenes together. Also, when Sam gets his soul back, I want him to have the amulet and give it back to Dean. That would be the best way to say that things are getting back to normal without having to be too angsty and emotional. Mostly though, I want more action and more music. I don't care which monsters they go up against but I want it to be intense, bloody, and unique. There are many monsters in myth and legend; why keep trotting the same ones out?

I wish Gabriel had remained a Trickster... That way he could come back any time and we could enjoy another brilliant episode!
I wish angels were gone for good this season and I wish Castiel had remained human. That way he could fit much better next to the bros (in my humble opinion).I would love to see Bobby more often. And like you said, more action AND MORE ROCK MUSIC!
Finally, I want to see the brotherly bond again, this has always been the heart of the show and now that it's missing it's like eating food without salt...

Oh! And the amulet Sera! GIVE US BACK THE AMULET!!!

Re: SPN Ideas (Minor arc or mytharc)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:10 pm
by Elize34
ARIS3 wrote:
Finally, I want to see the brotherly bond again, this has always been the heart of the show and now that it's missing it's like eating food without salt...

Oh! And the amulet Sera! GIVE US BACK THE AMULET!!!


Agreed!
I feel they really should regain that strong brotherly bond they had in season 1 and 2. Because all seasons 3, 4 and 5 did was weaken it. That is the main reason I am so glad we got a season 6, we need some time to see Dean and Sam re-connect!

Re: SPN Ideas (Minor arc or mytharc)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:32 pm
by Dahne
New questions - Do you think that the end of RoboSam means the end of Grandpa Creepy in this season? Will Purgatory still play a part in the season from here on? Will the main mytharc now be the angel civil war?

For me, I hope Grandpa Creepy comes back only if we see him killed off. Let him go into hiding from a very ticked off Dean for the rest of this season if he's not going to die. He can always die next year I guess.

I hope that Purgatory still remains a focus and a long with it, the Alphas. I find that story much more compelling than more angel annoyance.

Re: SPN Ideas (Minor arc or mytharc)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:36 pm
by ARIS3
Dahne wrote:New questions - Do you think that the end of RoboSam means the end of Grandpa Creepy in this season? Will Purgatory still play a part in the season from here on? Will the main mytharc now be the angel civil war?


I hope that Purgatory still remains a focus and a long with it, the Alphas. I find that story much more compelling than more angel annoyance.

I don't think we're done with grandpa yet. I wouldn't like it to end like this, it's like an unfinished job or sth!
I don't know if the Alphas will continue to be a part of the story but as far as Purgatory is concerned I think it will be a story in the second half. And I'm with you Dahne, it is a much better story than the angel annoyance!