Just Finished Season Two: Query About Part Two...

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Just Finished Season Two: Query About Part Two...

Postby AdamDHarris on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:06 pm

Just finished 'All Hell Breaks Loose.' Great Episode, but a couple of things were puzzling...

1) How did Yellow Eyes manage to cut through the Train Line after the Colt opened the gate of Hell?
2) The John Winchester bit was weird, he didn't even speak... has he now moved on or something? Why did he disappear rather than running off like the rest of the released spirits and Demons from Hell?

And so Dean's gonna have this Deal With The Devil looming over him from now on.
The episode definitely felt like the end of the first part of the Supernatural story, time to see where it goes now!

Creator/Runner - 2010 SpoilerTV Show Competition - Supernatural.
Creator/Runner - 2010 SpoilerTV Character Competition - Jack Shephard (LOST)
AdamDHarris
VIP

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Just Finished Season Two: Query About Part Two...

Postby deansgail on Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:38 pm

Glad you're enjoying the Best Show on TV! First question, when they opened the door to Hell and all those demons came out, their energy combined together blew the rails apart as they went by YED, he didn't open them. For your second question, John was in Hell because of a deal, he wasn't a demon and obviously God didn't think he belonged in Hell so after he climbed out to save Dean his demon deal was null and he went to Heaven. (At least that's my theory, and I like it so I'm sticking to it!) Hope that helps. :rockon:
deansgail
Viewer

Postby cleopatra on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:03 am

I think the reason Jeff Dean Morgan didnt speak and this is just a theory, is that they would have had to pay him too much! :D seriously though, his star had really risen at this point and maybe they couldnt afford to let him speak.
cleopatra
Viewer

Postby deansgail on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:02 am

Hey, me again! The reason JDM didn't speak is because he wasn't really there! Conflicting schedules had him perform his part on green screen and then he was edited into the scene after J&J did their parts pretending he was actually there. I thought that was pretty cool :thumbup:
deansgail
Viewer

Postby lostrocks4ever on Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:23 am

why he didn't speak i don't know, maybe he didn't have to
i think he dissapeared because he never became a demon, he was still just a spirit trapped in hell but belonged in heaven.
so once he got out he went up to heaven
thats just my theory
glad you're enjoying the show!!
keep watching :D
lostrocks4ever
Viewer

Postby Dahne on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:50 pm

Glad you are still enjoying it Adam. Does this mean we are going to get a post about your thoughts soon? :D

Season 2 did wrap up the YED story line and I really loved that because it showed that Supernatural was not afraid to gives answers and move on. Season 3 was cut short by the writer's strike and is generally thought of as the could have been season. It started off really well but seemed rushed at the end. Good news - some of the most beloved episodes are in this season. Bad news - you'll either love or hate Ruby and Bella, plus there's the Ghostfacers, but I seem to recall you liked their previous episode so you might love it.

So what was your favorite episode of season 2? Of all you've seen? Mine is What Is and What Should Never Be. It seems most people like All Hell Breaks Loose, parts 1 or 2 though.
Dahne
Show Expert

Postby Elize34 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:00 pm

AdamDHarris wrote:2) The John Winchester bit was weird, he didn't even speak... has he now moved on or something? Why did he disappear rather than running off like the rest of the released spirits and Demons from Hell?

I can´t say about this too much without spoiling you, but what he did in hell and if he ´moved on´ and how, will be adressed in the show a bit more. (it's rather important too!)

In my opinion from season 2 onwards the show just gets better and better and I can't wait to hear what you think of season 3 :)
Thanks HannaK for making me this unearthly awesome banner!

http://have-heart-my-dear.tumblr.com/ <--- my Tumblr
Elize34
Stunt Double

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]