Question about Samuel

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Question about Samuel

Postby Pigeon666 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:17 pm

So, as you know, Samuel Campbell got resurrected in season six. We also know - unless he was lying - he was in heaven before said ressurection. But would Samuel go back to heaben again after he died? Or would he be re-evaluated? In his new life on earth, he didnt make good choices. He chose to sacrifice his grandsons, while working for a demon that would open up purgatory, for selfish reasons. So would he go back to heaven or to hell?
"Some people are like slinkies: completely useless, but put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs."
"Do these tacos taste funny to you?" - Dean Winchester

What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow
Pigeon666
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Question about Samuel

Postby Ruth78 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:05 am

Interesting question.
There doesn't seem to be any definitive rule on how you get to Heaven or Hell in SPN (or maybe it's just that some aspects of this story confused me somewhat!!)
Are you thinking Samuel was one of the souls let out of purgatory?
Ruth78
Viewer

Postby CLDeangrl on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:54 pm

He seemed to intimate that he'd come from heaven. "Whatever brought Sam up, brought me down," was how he put it. I would assume that to be true since he'd lived a pretty good life the first time around.

It's interesting to consider what happens this time. The SPN folks seem to leave some of this stuff intentionally vague so that we have to draw conclusions ourselves. Though I don't appreciate his turning on Sam and Dean, and they obviously didn't either, I do think Samuel's intentions overall were good if misguided...not too far from the choices Sam made with Ruby or Cas made with Crowley...so hopefully there's room in there for forgiveness for him. But who really knows?
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby trackerem on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:21 am

The difference in Samuel's good intentions were that he was willing to sacrifice 2 OTHER people as opposed to Dean sacrificing for Sam, Sam sacrificing for the world, JDM for Dean. Samuel wanted his daughter back but he didn't give HIMSELF over for death although he did serve Crowley. Not going back to heaven I'm afraid! :cry:
trackerem
Show Expert

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]