Season 7 Discussion - Episode 6 - Slash Fiction

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Season 7 Discussion - Episode 6 - Slash Fiction

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:13 am

Wow...well that made sitting through last week's dreck well worth it.

That was an awesome episode...right up to the last five minutes at least. :P

But the whole doppleganger thing...GREAT concept and handled perfectly. Don't know how Jared and Jensen pulled off some of those dppleganger scenes with straight faces!

And the actual Sam and Dean were a breath of fresh air too...much more like their old selves. Even some classic Dean lines...man, was I missing that!

The whole Gremlin scene was hysterical..."Nobody puts baby in a corner!" Well you knew that line was just waiting to happen. And "Swayze always gets a pass!". Oh man, I loved it. And just when it looked like it couldn't get any better, enter Air Supply. :rofl:

Oh man, that was good!

Interesting method for killing the Leviathans. And Bobby's doppleganger scene was pretty awesome too! Loved the "romance" between him and Sheriff Mills...about time Bobby had an honest to God love interest.

Then we get the big punch to the gut as Levi-Dean spills the beans about Amy. Should have seen that coming.

The Crowley scene was interesting. I'm wondering if he's not going to show up now and want to make a deal with the guys to save their mutual asses. Good luck with that, asshat!

Then we get to the last five minutes...the big conflict scene we knew as coming...and it didn't. REALLY, Sera?! That was totally disappointing. Been there, done that in Season 5, with the shoe on the other foot...yawn. You couldn't come up with something more original? Yeesh!

Would have given this one 5 out of 5 except for those last 5 minutes...have to take a point off for that, so it's a 4. Still much better than last week though!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Season 7 Discussion - Episode 6 - Slash Fiction

Postby katave on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:28 am

Agree that the last 5 minutes were painful flashbacks to Season 5, Season 4, Season 2 but at least they are together next episode. Bobby got some love! :thumbsup: Still smiling over that - he deserves it. Rooting for Jody (Kim) to survive. Something so simple to kill something that seems incredibly powerful = brilliant Supernatural. Just like using salt to keep evil away. Loved Crowley's comeupance at the end...he's up to no good and can't wait to see what it is. Sam and Dean playing Sam and Dean was great. Jensen and Jared nailed it.

Awesome episode.
katave
Viewer

Postby Bec666 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:34 am

Loved it. I wasn't sure at the very beginning. I had a bad feeling it was going to spiral into a choppy episode. But then it started rocking. I loved Bobby's friend and from that point on I giggled and smiled.

"No body puts Baby in the corner." Classic Dean.

Sam cringing when his laptop got smashed... and the topper of them all.. the scene in the car. Dean signing Air Supply??? I loved the look Sam gave him. I was laughing out loud.

And you know what? I even liked the Leviathan they had as a prisoner. He was funny. emoticon

Then we get to Bobby and Sheriff Mills. Is there a chance Bobby might actually get himself a girlfriend? We can only hope. Finally they have a way to fight the Leviathan's, thanks to Sheriff Mills.

I loved the whole episode but the killer was the 'fake' Dean telling Sam about Amy. Oh boy, the **** is going to hit the fan now. I didn't like the ending. I mean come on Sera, we've been there and done that. Sam and Dean splitting up? Worked once but not after all they've been through. Yeah I know they are back together next week but still... I would have preferred they talk it out. Then again they are never that nice to us.

My vote? 9 out of 10. Excellent episode!
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby Ruth78 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:09 am

Great episode - I felt like we were back on track!
Even when the big reveal came, I thought it was going to be handled in the right way, for once - I mean given all the boys have been through, they surely wouldn't just turn their backs on each other again, right?
Even Dean would've developed enough as a character to get Sam to hear him out properly before just walking off?

But no, back to the age old scenario of one of them walking away from the other, this time, with barely a flicker of emotion on Dean's face, and a very unconvincing "I'm sorry Sam" - almost as if he was relieved to have him out of his hair.
Writers PLEASE don't make me hate Dean, because you're doing a pretty good job of making him unlikeable at times this season :(
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
i think they're together next week because they have to be - the synopsis for the following week seems to imply they're apart again, so I think it'll be several episodes of them watching each others' backs because they have to - not because they're ok with each other[Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]

Anyway, still a much better episode than last week.
Ruth78
Viewer

Postby Bec666 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:11 pm

I think they are back together because they want to be next week. I suspect maybe just maybe Hell might play into it too. I mean Sam has enough issues without fighting with his brother. I think he may realize that. As for being apart again in the near future. I don't think that is Dean's choice. :lol: :lol:
ImageImage Image
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby Pigeon666 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:17 pm

Really good episode - I actually didn't watch the break up scene because I saw it from a mile away and didn't feel like torutring myself. Levia!Dean and Levia!Sam were hilarious, especially when theyre complaining about Sam and Dean's habits - "It's like eating self righteousness. I had a brother who had this many issues, and you know what I did? I ate him." They were also cold blooded - killing the cameraman? Killing everybody? This episode might have the highest body count for a long time.

Finally, the boys get action scenes where they actually KILL monsters. Dean was a machine with that axe.

Bobby. Is. Awesome. Right when Chet gets his head back on, Bobby decapitates him again. I like how theyre weakness is basically soap, though I'm worried that Bobby is going to be the answer for every little problem.

9 out of 10. I like how Crowley got smacked down, but the boss was kinda underwhelming.
"Some people are like slinkies: completely useless, but put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs."
"Do these tacos taste funny to you?" - Dean Winchester

What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow
Pigeon666
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:32 pm

Even if Bobby continues to come up with the answers, he's working for them just like the boys are, it's not like it was with Cas who would just come in and snap his fingers and solve whatever the current problem is. So I don't have a problem with Bobby being the go to guy. I see him as resource more than an instant answer. Remember, his books are all gone now so all that knowledge is now in his head...only way Sam and Dean have of tapping into it is turning to him. But they still have to do the work in the end, so it's all good.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Bec666 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:13 pm

God you reminded me.. The cloned Sam and Dean had me in tears. I loved the "I ate him" line.. And the fake Dean, "He thinks he's funny." LOL

And the scene in their new 'car'. Dean eyeing the ducky.....Classic Dean, classic Supernatural
ImageImage Image
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby Bec666 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:13 pm

God you reminded me.. The cloned Sam and Dean had me in tears. I loved the "I ate him" line.. And the fake Dean, "He thinks he's funny." LOL

And the scene in their new 'car'. Dean eyeing the ducky.....Classic Dean, classic Supernatural
ImageImage Image
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby Ruth78 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:14 pm

Bec, I couldn't read all of what was in your spoiler - computer issues :cursing:
I hope you're right about the first part, but
the way I feel ATM, nothing less than an apology from Dean wii do, and if it turns out to be Sam offering the peace treaty, I won't be happy! Sadly though, I still feel if they are together next week, it will be by accident or need[Spoiler]
[/Spoiler]

There were some great, classic SPN moments in this ep though - it's just a shame that the PTB seem to think friction between the brothers keeps us watching; For me at least, it's almost got me at giving up point!

I should have done what Pigeon did - switched off before the end scene - but I thought just once, they might do it differently.
Ruth78
Viewer

Postby CLDeangrl on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Yes...the scene with the Levia-Sam and Dean and the whole thing in the car with the squeaky toy and putting baby in a corner was all classic SPN...that's what had me loving this whole episode. Then Sera and the writers had to go and spoil it with that ending.

And Ruth
I don't think they'll be back together merely out of necessity. The bad feelings may not entirely go away right away, but I'm still holding out hope that they are together because they work things out.

And yes, an apology from Dean is pretty much necessary at this point, that's for sure. I just want them to work things out together like adults and get back to being brothers...sigh, I miss that!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]