Season 7 - Episode 8 - Time for a Wedding

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Season 7 - Episode 8 - Time for a Wedding

Postby Bec666 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:03 am

Well... so NOT a fan of this one. The last 10 minutes were good. The first 35 or so.. dumb as frigging hell. Heck, even the last 10 stunk except for Crowley. What the hell is up with Sera and this sudden need for Dean and Sam to no longer need each other as brothers? Sam doesn't need him anymore?

Sorry, this episode did nothing for me, except make me slightly nauseous.

4 out of 10
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Season 7 - Episode 8 - Time for a Wedding

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:07 am

Ok, WHAT THE HELL?! I've got to say, Dabb and Loflin should never be allowed to write an episode again.

Was that supposed to be funny? Because I found it mostly excruciating.

Ok, I get the point they were trying to make and the case was actually clever but was it really necessary to bring back arguably the single most obnoxious character in the history of the show? I mean, it was cute the first time...stretching it the second...but this was overkill. How many times can they skewer the fan base before it becomes old?

The humor was stretched, the secondary characters were terrible.

Crowley's appearance at the end was the one saving grace. You knew he was going to eventually show up and make a deal with the guys and as always Mark Sheppard knocked it out of the park, but that wasn't enough to save the whole thing.

The last scene had its moments too but I'm not liking this vibe from Sera Gamble, it's like she's trying to keep the brothers apart. Doesn't she get that their bond is what makes the friggin' show work?!

I like that they're both growing up and beginning to adjust their respective roles but I just hope they can come to the realization that they can be their own people and still look out for each other. They don't NEED a friggin' wedge driven between them so stop trying to do it already!

Ugh...a major regression from last week...about 5 out of 10 on this one.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Ruth78 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:38 am

I think Sera Gamble believes that constantly putting the Winchesters' relationship under threat keeps the loyal fanbase watching and does away with the need to come up with credible scripts or storylines!! Oh, and not forgetting the obligatory shot of Dean looking depressed and pretty :P (doesn't she realise he looks much prettier when he's happy?!)

I think she's mistaken though - what started out as a really promising looking season is fast turning into a gloopy, irritating mess, imo, and this episode felt like it was written by a schoolkid who won a competition to submit a script for their favorite show - no offence intended but it had all the hallmarks of something that had been written to appeal to the perceived fanbase (and I think they're so wrong about who we are), and this show and it's actors deserve better.
Apologies for being so flippant, but I don't even have the energy to get upset or angry about it anymore.
Ruth78
Viewer

Postby Bec666 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:41 pm

Good reason to be flippant Ruth. This episode was just flat out bad. It wasn't funny, it was nauseating. Sam acted like a total dork, and the ending with Sam not needing Dean anymore was infuriating. The brotherly bond and needing each other is what MADE this show. I know it's only one episode but it was a very frustrating one.
ImageImage Image
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby Ruth78 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:26 pm

Yup - I agree, and I have to say, besides being beyond tired of the writers' need to sink Dean in this quagmire of depression, guilt, and crisis of identity, I'm also fed up with them seemingly not knowing who "normal" Sam is!!

Every 5 or 6 episodes they seem to feel the need to give him a new personality - be it due to demonic possession, blood addiction, soullessness, mental breakdown or witches' potion - enough, please - it's getting so lazy; just let the guy develop as a character in his own right!

Just a side note, though - something I almost forgot because the episode was so poor - but this is the 2nd week running where Sam has gone off to be alone, albeit for different reasons - could he be having problems keeping his nightmares at bay, and he doesn't want Dean to know?
Ruth78
Viewer

Postby Bec666 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:11 pm

I'm not sure.. I am pretty sure we haven't seen the last of his issues with his head. I just hope they deal with it in the right way, with Dean there for him helping him.

On another note, I have to say next week's episode looks really good. I hope they don't disappoint.
ImageImage Image
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:35 pm

I agree on them not knowing how to handle a "normal" Sam and it is aggravating. Why does the guy have to be having major emotional or even physical issues in order for the writers to handle him properly?

I actually think they've been easing up on the gloomy Dean in this week and last week's episodes so that's encouraging. He's trying to figure out who he is without having to be the constant protector of Sam because that's what he's been all his life. Now Dean is finally having to take care of Dean and he doesn't know how to do it. It's a learning process, but I think he's starting to go in the right direction.

I agree that we haven't seen the last of Sam's problems and I too hope when they do rear their ugly head again, big brother will be there to offer support. They totally screw up this relationship and I'll be royally ****!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Pigeon666 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:46 pm

I think the best way to describe thiss episode is to use the word meh. Becky was extremely annoying, especially when they tried to redeem her and Sam gave a pep talk. Being a "loser" is not really an excuse for what she did.

Unlike some people, I actually enjoyed Garth, mainly because I didnt take him seriously. I bet he doesnt go on many hunts.

5.5 out of 10.
"Some people are like slinkies: completely useless, but put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs."
"Do these tacos taste funny to you?" - Dean Winchester

What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow
Pigeon666
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:55 pm

I didn't mind Garth, but for me he was kind of wasted in this episode. I was so busy being annoyed at Becky that I barely paid attention to him, which is too bad because I really like DJ Qualls. He deserved better than to be stuck in that dreck.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]