Season 7 - Episode 10 - At Death's Door

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Season 7 - Episode 10 - At Death's Door

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:15 am

DAMN YOU, SERA GAMBLE!!!!!

Ok, deep breath...I have to say I loved the episode.

I was expecting the usual...a deal with Crowley, a deal with Death. It was great that we had Bobby fighting to save himself instead. That was an inspired twist.

And I loved the whole going through your worst memory to get back to life...another very interesting twist.

And have to say...once again, Jim Beaver just knocked it out of the park. How that man doesn't get more recognition for his acting ability I'll never know.

Nice to see Rufus again, however briefly.

And speaking of knocking it out of the park...though their respective parts were a lot smaller than usual, both Jared and Jensen also killed this one (no pun intended). I swear they can do more with their eyes than most actors can with volumes of words!

The final scene just tore me up...almost as gut wrenching as the Christmas episode, which I didn't think was possible.

And of course, we're left hanging for a freaking MONTH! I'm still holding out hope that somehow Bobby survives. I just refuse to believe that he'd fight that hard just to pass off those numbers to the boys. Yes, they would be ok on their own but that doesn't mean they should lose Bobby. They've lost enough...obviously, Bobby's lost enough. I'm taking heart in the fact that we don't know for sure...that means there's still hope.

Oh and I wouldn't want to be in Dick's shoes after this. Sam and Dean are NOT going to take this one lying down!

Whew...well it was a hell of a first half. Looking forward to more and better in the second half.

I'd give this episode 4 out of 5 - loses one for leaving us hanging!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Season 7 - Episode 10 - At Death's Door

Postby Bec666 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:26 pm

Huh, I thought I posted a review.. the mind is the first thing to go :)

I loved this episode but I totally refuse to believe Bobby is dead. No way, can't happen. I firmly believe he will tell the Reaper where to stick it and survive.

Ok, that said on with my thoughts on the episode... Jim Beaver was just fantastic. He totally nailed the episode. And it was good seeing Rufus again as well. I agree with CL, it was an interesting concept to have to relive your worst memory.

I was a bit disappointed with the characterization of Sam and Dean though. Dean came off as gruff and growling and almost annoyed at Sam. Why I have no clue. And Sam, well he came off as this slobbing wuss that could do nothing but cower in the corner and cry. Now granted I'm exaggerating but I really wish Sera would get the boys back to being the brothers we fell in love with.
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby CLDeangrl on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:54 pm

While I agree about Sera getting the boys back to being the boys, I actually saw glimmers of that in this episode, certainly more than you did. I thought their respective reactions to Bobby's situation were very true to their characters. Dean's never been good at expressing emotions so for him to punch the wall next to the organ donor guy's head without actually punching the guy was spot on. That and his confrontation with Dick. And Sam's always been the type to wear his heart on his sleeve, so it's not surprising that he'd be more inclined to stick close to the action...be near where Bobby was, and pay attention to the medical details (right up his geeky alley). I didn't have a problem with that specifically and I'm hoping it will be a start and we'll see them leaning more toward their old selves as the season goes along. Now if only I could get Sera to listen to me. :D
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby theartist27 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:10 pm

I felt for both boys in this episode. Dean had so much pent up rage and frustration, that he ended up lashing out. Which is typical Dean in my opinion. I still remember the scene when Dean beat Baby with a crow bar.

And Sam just seemed so lost. He was struggling with reality. The scene with him pressing the scar on his hand was so sad.

I honestly don't know what the boys will do if Bobby is truly dead. I can see Sam continuing to struggle with his Hell trauma, but still making hunting and saving people his type priority.

Dean on the other hand, I see him set on the course towards revenge. He's on the edge, and I don't think it's going to be pretty.
Image Image Image Image
theartist27
Viewer

Postby CLDeangrl on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:04 pm

Agreed on both counts...it's not going to be easy on them, that's for sure, which is why I REALLY hope they don't ultimately kill Bobby off. The guys have been through enough, they really don't need to go there.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Geordiegirl1967 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:59 am

Bobby isn't dead :cry: . He can't be dead :cursing: . I simply refuse to believe it :scared: ......'la la la la' (sings to herself with fingers in ears and eye closed - no denial here - no way)
Geordiegirl1967
Viewer

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:29 am

I refuse to believe he's dead until it's written in stone! :D
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]