Music from Supernatural

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Music from Supernatural

Postby arkangelblue on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:55 pm

Hey y'all.
I just love the music used in Supernatural and wish they would play more great hits, but I suppose the season is getting darker and darker, so no music (maybe I should say quieter and quieter 8-)

Anyway, I've been listening to some of the music played on Supernatural while going through the seasons again to keep my mind off the fact that it won't be on till the new year :bored: and trying to come up with a playlist of songs that are on the show or would like to see on the show.
I hope you don't mind if I list some of my favourite songs that have been played on the show and tracks I wish they would play...i'd love to read your opinions on this or your own playlists.

I've always been a big fan of the band AC CD for ages, Dean and Sam driving in the Impala to Back in Black or fighting to Thunderstruck
Metallica (esp Dean huming Some Kind Of Monster)
Smoke of Water
Bob Seger's Beautiful Loser - that was sooo sad
and the opening-Road So Far- tracks, always cool.
Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive
and who could resist Dean's versions of I'm All out of Love! :rofl:

I love the way the use music to show how the boys are feeling or for the circumstances they're in, just wish they'd use more or is this deliberate??

Anyways I don't think they've played any Elton John and would love to see them use Where to Now St Peter, as I think that song is so haunting and right for the show but I can't think of any others at the moment.

:rockon:
arkangelblue
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Music from Supernatural

Postby Sir Lurkalot on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:14 pm

They had to stop using the cool music for budgetary reasons sadly. I agree there used to be so much great music on there, and it was a big part of the show.

Also loved how they picked songs that fit with the situation on the screen. "Renegade" playing at the end of Nightshifters was great.
Sir Lurkalot
Viewer

Postby CLDeangrl on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:08 pm

LOVED "Renegade"...that and the "Back In Black" scene at the beginning of Bloodlust, when they unveiled the reconstructed Impala, were two of the best musical moments ever.

I also love the song "O, Death!" which they used in Season 5...talk about working perfectly in the moment.

And of course the ultimate is "Carry On, My Wayward Son", which I think of as Sam and Dean's theme. When they brought that back last season it was awesome!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Bec666 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:14 am

AC DC, Nugent and oh Death :)
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]