Mistakes in the series

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Mistakes in the series

Postby lilithakaducky on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:45 pm

I didn't see a thread for this so if I missed it, I'm sorry.

Did you notice some mistakes too? Before I start I want to say that I personally don't mind such things. They happen in the best of shows and movies and don't make me like them any less. It's just fun seeing them and discussing it :thumbup:

There are two that come to mind right away.

In the 'Benders' Episode, when Dean goes for Sam and enters the shack, it's daylight, when he comes out and goes into the cellar its night (They show the house at night) and when he enters the main house, it's daylight again, shining through the windows.

The second one could even be explained away with some good will.

But first relax, lean back and let me tell you a tale:

There once was this giant devils's trap all around a tomb, holding hell's gate. No demon could cross the tracks, made of iron, so old yeller had to get a human to open the gate for him, hence his singling out Sammy and thus giving the whole show a history. Once all those evil, evil smokeys got out, they ripped the tracks open and old yellow eyes could come in.....

Hooold on a minute!!! How could THEY destroy it, even cross it? Shouldn't it have kept them in, as well as the others out????

Well, that was my first thought, when I saw that the first time, but after re-watching it, I saw all those ghosts among the demons and, shrugging, figured, must have been one of those, right, because demons couldn't cross or destroy it either way :D
lilithakaducky
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Mistakes in the series

Postby Dreyesbo on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 pm

I think they were so many, and perhaps so powerful, that they could.

Remember the demon that broke the Devi'ls Trap by breaking the ceiling? Perhaps it was something like that.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby lilithakaducky on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:37 pm

Hey, that's a good thought. Perhaps they did manage it together. :D
lilithakaducky
Viewer

Postby kiscinca on Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:48 pm

There are a lot of bloopers.

In Skin when the boys go into the sewer it's morning, but when they come up it's dark.

In Hell House when Ed and Harry meet the "ghost" the second time, on the side of the screen you can see the arm of a cameraman and even his camera.

In Provanance Jensen calls Jared on his real name.

And there are others.
kiscinca
Viewer

Postby littlelele on Thu May 14, 2009 12:55 am

kiscinca wrote:In Provanance Jensen calls Jared on his real name.

I love this one... Nobody noticed until it was too late... :rofl:
littlelele
Extra

Postby rogue rider on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:36 am

In Skin and Sin City we see the same aerial shot of the impala trevelling across the same steach of road. Heres the link to the fooage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6WP2eNj ... re=related
rogue rider
Extra

Postby spngirl89 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:21 pm

The episode Bugs also has one. They go to the house to get them out befoe they're attacked and end up in the attic fighting it off. However, sunrise comes in about 5 minutes in the show while it couldn't have been later than midnight when they went up there:p
Dean: "It's like we got a contract on us. You think it's 'cause we're so awesome? I think it's 'cause it's we're so awesome."

Jen: Well, actually, since farmers don't keep roosters, the eggs aren't fertilized, so techically you're just eating a byproduct of the hen's menstrual cycle.
Priestly: Well, that- that's certainly appetizing, a hen-period-salad, that's lovely.
spngirl89
Show Expert

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]